Author Topic: Testim  (Read 3495 times)

ONDEZNTS

• Getbig II
  • Go Hard or Go Home
Testim
« on: August 24, 2007, 11:40:08 AM »
I stopped using gear approx one year and now have been diagnoised with low testerone levels.  :( he doc prescribed me with a cream called Testim 1% to get my levels back to normal. I'm not looking to find out if it works like gear I already know that answer,but I am kinda curious to find if anyone has used or heard of it so I know what to expect.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: Testim
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:42:14 PM »
its a gel....better than "androgel", but not as effective as injection HRT

expect your test levels to rise a bit, nothing noticable other than on paper

expect haveing to rub gel in various parts of your body...can get messy

expect to stay away from female loved ones after you have rubbed the lotion on....

thats about it

ONDEZNTS

• Getbig II
  • Go Hard or Go Home
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 12:55:51 PM »
Thanks man thats kinda what I figured. Oh and by the way your right the shit stinks...lol

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 06:00:37 PM »
When I first got diagnosed with low test (100), my doc scripted me a cream that was 20%! It had to be made at a special pharmacy. I thank him for that because that jump started my levels and I felt mentally great, not the little bitch I was becoming. You will feel better but dont expect much physically.

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 08:08:24 PM »
Testim is not better than androgel, they are exactly the same thing, same strength, everything.  I use androgel by RX, one packet per day but I think I am going to up my dosage to a 100 mg cream from an anti-aging pharmacy as the 50 mg per day is not doing enough for me.  I am hoping this will put me in the "high-normal" range.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 10:27:03 AM »
Testim is not better than androgel, they are exactly the same thing, same strength, everything.  I use androgel by RX, one packet per day but I think I am going to up my dosage to a 100 mg cream from an anti-aging pharmacy as the 50 mg per day is not doing enough for me.  I am hoping this will put me in the "high-normal" range.

Don't count on it raising levels to "high-normal" range. No doubt you will feel better mentally and somewhat physically but transdermals are only supposed to absorb 50%. My pharmacist said more like 20% which is why I was thankful he made my cream at a higher dose!

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 06:16:05 PM »
Don't count on it raising levels to "high-normal" range. No doubt you will feel better mentally and somewhat physically but transdermals are only supposed to absorb 50%. My pharmacist said more like 20% which is why I was thankful he made my cream at a higher dose!

Well I actually called the compounding pharmacy (Signature) and they quoted me an absorption rate of 15%, it could be as low as 10, so a 100 mg per day transdermal will deliver 10 mg of test, which is nothing for bodybuilding purposes, but for HRT it delivers a pretty good lift.  I definitely noticed a bump in my workouts and sex drive.  I'm not a "2 gram-per-week Get Bigger", just using for an edge, like you, but I am curious how many MG's per day the average male produces.  Any idea?

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 08:11:38 PM »
Well I actually called the compounding pharmacy (Signature) and they quoted me an absorption rate of 15%, it could be as low as 10, so a 100 mg per day transdermal will deliver 10 mg of test, which is nothing for bodybuilding purposes, but for HRT it delivers a pretty good lift.  I definitely noticed a bump in my workouts and sex drive.  I'm not a "2 gram-per-week Get Bigger", just using for an edge, like you, but I am curious how many MG's per day the average male produces.  Any idea?

That is a question for the others that know more on the medical front than I but there are a lot of factors (lifestyle, diet, etc) that would affect that number. I no longer use cream, all shots now man...but not at the 2 g. a week dose.

As long as you are feeling good in the bedroom and gym, you are good to go. Get your blood done after 4 weeks of being on to see where you are at. Good luck!