Author Topic: Lactose and fructose VS glucose  (Read 4577 times)

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
Lactose and fructose VS glucose
« on: August 25, 2007, 05:10:05 AM »
For a long time i've heard that fructose (for example from fruit) has a tendency to make you fat. Because it has to go through the liver to be converted to glucose. If the liver has enough glycogen it's then converted to fat. Same thing for lactose.

Glucose was supposed to be superior because better available for the muscle directly, so less fat storage.

I'm starting to rethink that. Fructose has less impact on insulin release, i'm trying to go low-glyc diet to strip off some fat. That's why i'm eating more fruit (as a snack, or with some cottage cheese) and reducing glucose sources (bread, jam, potatoes, bananas, cookies, sugar).

Your take on this?
Is fructose as bad as they say? When do you eat it?

What about lactose (from milk, yoghurt, cottage cheese)?
$

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Lactose and fructose VS glucose
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 10:35:06 AM »
fruit is NOT low on the GI... well for the most part... and if it has a low glycemic load it's due to portion size...

check out the site below to see...

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 11:35:24 AM »

Is fructose as bad as they say? When do you eat it?

What about lactose (from milk, yoghurt, cottage cheese)?

Depends
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 05:46:28 PM »
Depends

hahahahaha....

i love that answer....

it's the new "monster tricep" for the nutrition board

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 08:00:25 PM »
If you are really trying to cut why don't you cut fructose and glucose as much as possible?  There are other foods out there to snack on that will be more beneficial to a low card diet.
Jennifer

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 01:34:58 AM »
If you are really trying to cut why don't you cut fructose and glucose as much as possible?  There are other foods out there to snack on that will be more beneficial to a low card diet.
I'm not necessarily going "low carb diet".

I wanna lose some stomach fat and i'm trying to compose a new eating plan (diet). Recently i've become very interested in food. I was thinking of going maybe more in the jack Lalanne direction.
Trying to stay fit, lean, healthy with a good dose of muscle mass.

I will def. reduce the carbs, and even watch out for the fruit. But half an apple in my cottage cheese and a piece of fruit now and then can't be bad.
$

johnnyx

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 11:07:28 PM »
There is a mix of sugars when it comes to fruit (sucrose, d-glucose, fructose and in some maltose). If your trying to lose body fat, the beast is right on with just try to cut out all type of sugar and deplete total glycogen storage so you can get in to ketosis and use up stored body fat for energy. Lots of info out there on these diets, look for the anabolic diet or read on some of vince girondas advice of diets. He was the one if not the first (Rheo Blair also suggested same type of diet around the same era) to push such diets back 50yrs ago.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 11:15:07 PM »
broseph...let me break it down for you as simple as i can+

the hardest way of doing things is almost always the best, most efficient, most correct way of doing things.

it is HARD to control your appetite at time; yes, we all know this. but be logical about your shit man.....fruit has sugar, whether it is "natural" sugar or not, it does not matter. (in reality all sugar is natural though). if something tastes sweet; you probably shoudlnt be eating it!

think about what your saying...." i know im not supposed to eat it, but a little bit wont hurt right??" come on dude...be serious. obviously a little bit isnt goign to make you FAT, but your DIETING, that measn your calories in vs. your calories out...the less you eat; the more you lose. plain and simple. but you need as much protein as you can get in your diet to preserve muscle mass, and any carbs you eat should be complex slow digesting carbs. so putting in fruit, which is a caloricly dense fod; means you are either A) going over youir caloric goal for the day, or B) you are substituting a small amount of simple carbs for a bigger protion of prtoein. which is just plain STUPID!

get your head out of your ass, stop trying to rationalize eating foods you KNOW you shouldnt be eating while your dieting...and be LOGICAL.

the harder you diet, the more disciplined you are; the better you will look, and the shorter amount fo time you will have to suffer.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 03:07:03 AM »

totally off topic, but your website link in your profile seems to be incorrect...    :-\