Author Topic: BIG BIG BIG NEWS, THE WBBG IS BACK, JOE WEIDER....... KISS DAN LURIE'S ASS!!!  (Read 30689 times)

biceps

• Getbig III
Two of the masters competitors.......

The only 2 competitors in the masters, and they didn`t make the top 3.

Manavs

• Getbig I
Hey everybody - i just found this thread and hope im not too late to add my 2 cents.  I competed in this event saturday up in portland - i'm the one with the vacuum pose - thanks for the kind words on that shot.

unfortunately the judges didnt like the pose or my shape cause come to find out i have "no symmetry, no muscularity, and no cuts"   ??? so be it, i still rocked the house and got all the legends in attendance pretty pissed off at the results of the show.  as Harold Poole told me backstage - its a whole new day of the same ol' shit. Warren Fredricks was pissed at the judging.  as was Leon Brown, Sharon Breunau, Bob Gadja, Defendis, Anibal lopez and Dan Lurie himself. 

The legends should have been the judges as Lurie put it.

here are my clips and the ladies overall champ Emy from the day and nite shows respectively.

ladies

as far as the show goes - there is much to talk about.  on the positive the legends induction ceremony was phenomenal, each man spoke very inspirationally and it was awesome.

the negative stuff that happened had alot to do with the lack of promotion of this event.  12 competitors total isnt much promotion.  the venue was huge, but there were maybe 150 people - though they were loud during my routine i must admit.

if anyone wants to dispell rumors id be glad to.
michael

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
Hahahahaha, I've been uncovered!!! :P

Here's a write up by another attendee that tells the truth about this event...

http://silvanmoments.wetpaint.com/page/Entrusted%3A+Where%27s+the+red+carpet%3F

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Not for nothing and no insult to anyone who competed or attended... I just spit gatorade all over my keyboard laughing at the pics that were posted from this "contest".

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
Hahahahaha, I've been uncovered!!! :P

Here's a write up by another attendee that tells the truth about this event...

http://silvanmoments.wetpaint.com/page/Entrusted%3A+Where%27s+the+red+carpet%3F

wow..... that really sucks.....  :-\

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
wow..... that really sucks.....  :-\

Yes but ALL the old timers made up for it. They were all GREAT guys!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Tim,

Lurie's website lists this as Ivan Putski, trained by Lurie. Isn't it Tim Belknap?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Tim,

Lurie's website lists this as Ivan Putski, trained by Lurie. Isn't it Tim Belknap?

nope, that is not Belknap

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad

I'll be GODDAMN !! I have an old book at Home that says otherwise ... if I could just remember the damn thing ... something like, " Super High Intensity " ... they specifically say that THAT particular picture is Tim Belknap ... WOW ! That blows my f***ing mind.  :D

When I get some time I'll scan the pic from my Book.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
I'll be GODDAMN !! I have an old book at Home that says otherwise ...

I can only go by what Dan has told me.  It's scanned from an original print, probably from the MTI archives. 

But none of the other pics I find of Putski on the web show him that lean and ripped.  Like Billy Graham, Putski was a professional wrestler.  He was born in 1941, while Belknap was born in 1958.   That pic looks to be from the 80s.  So I agree it doesn't add up.

here is a more recent pic of Putski

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
Tim,

All us OLD TIMERS know that IS Belknap!

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Winner of the female event.....

that's the fabulous moolah from the wwf!
footloose and fancy free

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
From the looks of the stage it looks like it was held in a high school auditorium and not many of those hold 6,500.

I call bullshit on the attendance estimates.  ;D

Lift sounds upset he didn't get to ogle and photograph a bunch of oiled up, muscle men...
footloose and fancy free

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
who the f**k pays to 70 bucks to walk around half naked on a high school stage? wtf is wrong with people?
footloose and fancy free

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
funniest line in the essay...

"Several of them stated they ate better at nursing homes."
footloose and fancy free

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

You sure? I'm pretty damn sure it's Belknap.

And aside from the fact that it looks exactly like Belknap (and the tricep and forearm muscle shapes fit him) it ALSO does not physically look like putski ever did.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !

And aside from the fact that it looks exactly like Belknap (and the tricep and forearm muscle shapes fit him) it ALSO does not physically look like putski ever did.

oh wow my bear    :-*

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: BIG BIG BIG NEWS, THE WBBG IS BACK, JOE WEIDER....... KISS DAN LURIE'S ASS!!
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2007, 07:49:38 AM »

nice gut

zen - bodybuilder

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: BIG BIG BIG NEWS, THE WBBG IS BACK, JOE WEIDER....... KISS DAN LURIE'S ASS!!!
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2007, 12:05:50 PM »
As far as the guy in the Masters & Tall class is concerned.... U know the guy with the bizzar hair....Ur not used to seeing some one with hair....UR in~2007 shaven heads bald etc.......This guy is 48 years old in his time it was in to have hair get it????

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
Re: BIG BIG BIG NEWS, THE WBBG IS BACK, JOE WEIDER....... KISS DAN LURIE'S ASS!!!
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2007, 06:11:42 PM »
As far as the guy in the Masters & Tall class is concerned.... U know the guy with the bizzar hair....Ur not used to seeing some one with hair....UR in~2007 shaven heads bald etc.......This guy is 48 years old in his time it was in to have hair get it????

what is his name? :-X

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2007, 07:02:43 PM »
Tim,

Yes it is. 100%
w

zen - bodybuilder

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: BIG BIG BIG NEWS, THE WBBG IS BACK, JOE WEIDER....... KISS DAN LURIE'S ASS!!
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2007, 02:41:33 PM »

:-X
U stupid HOMOS would not know what to do with a lady!!!!!! So SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!! DUMB FUCKS!!!!!!!! 74X9=666

HardCat

• Getbig I
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2007, 05:50:32 PM »
Easy to sit back in a arm chair and criticize. This event in South portland Maine was a great deal of fun for me to attend. My friend competed in the Masters and one. Zen has nothing to feel poorly about a man beyond 40 still training hard an competing is an inspiration to us all. My friend Alex Schonski won the the Masters and it was an honour to have the WBBG re-emerge and see Dan Lurie. I hope the WBBG florishes and builds itself in this period even if it does not impress some here. Good work to all those that dared to organize an event giving us all greater option and opportunity.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2007, 05:55:52 PM »
Good if there is any viable alternative to Weider politics on the other hand Lurie, the WBBG and his old mag were always C-grade. Very NY-centric, grubby and low-budget.