Author Topic: My favorite part of watching GOP candidates.  (Read 655 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
My favorite part of watching GOP candidates.
« on: August 27, 2007, 11:08:54 AM »
I love watching how they're all distancing themselves from Bush and his administration. Where were all these anti-Bush sentiments during the last 4 years? Now that they know the vast majority of Americans think Bush is a corrupt mental midget they don't want to associate themselves with him or his policies but curiously they didn't seem to feel that way while those same policies were being enacted.

The Dems aren't much better but it just looks far less genuine when you're bashing your own party.

Nice job candidates, looks like where in for another winner in the Oval Office.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: My favorite part of watching GOP candidates.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 11:12:10 AM »
I love watching how they're all distancing themselves from Bush and his administration. Where were all these anti-Bush sentiments during the last 4 years? Now that they know the vast majority of Americans think Bush is a corrupt mental midget they don't want to associate themselves with him or his policies but curiously they didn't seem to feel that way while those same policies were being enacted.

The Dems aren't much better but it just looks far less genuine when you're bashing your own party.

Nice job candidates, looks like where in for another winner in the Oval Office.

The whole thing looks like a circus on both sides.

I have less confidence in our leadership's future now.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 11:16:57 AM »
The whole thing looks like a circus on both sides.

I have less confidence in our leadership's future now.

Agreed, although when I watch people like Fred Thompson bash Bush he just comes across as completely disingenuous.

And I completely agree with your point about our future leadership, where in a difficult position right now for many reasons and I don't have faith in any of these candidates to lead us out of that difficulty.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 11:22:44 AM »
Agreed, although when I watch people like Fred Thompson bash Bush he just comes across as completely disingenuous.

And I completely agree with your point about our future leadership, where in a difficult position right now for many reasons and I don't have faith in any of these candidates to lead us out of that difficulty.
I agree.  Thompson spent most of his DC life as the ultimate political lobbyist insider.  But look, he drives a truck and says that he's not an insider.

Meanwhile, Romney is flipflopping his way to the nomination.

It's hard to tell who has presidential heft.

The elections of Bush lowered the bar for competency and morality so far that literally any rich dullard could become president. 

In that sense down the road, President Hilton would not surprise me in the least.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 12:43:22 PM »
I agree.  Thompson spent most of his DC life as the ultimate political lobbyist insider.  But look, he drives a truck and says that he's not an insider.

Meanwhile, Romney is flipflopping his way to the nomination.

It's hard to tell who has presidential heft.

The elections of Bush lowered the bar for competency and morality so far that literally any rich dullard could become president. 

In that sense down the road, President Hilton would not surprise me in the least.

LOL, I love the "rich dullard" quip. It seems to fit our current disgrace of a President to a tee.