Author Topic: AHAHAHA... Another Republican Bites the Dust!!! Another Republican Bites The...  (Read 8374 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V

you've got to appreciate the irony though, hh6.  men who go around fronting like they're biblical patriarchs trolling for sex in airport restrooms. 

makes me want to lol.  ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Who said we as a nation don't have bigger issues to worry about? I don't remember anyone in this thread condemning this Craig scumbag as the nations top concern.

It's absolutely newsworthy though and something everyone should be aware of, especially since it's happening more and more recently.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Apparently this must have been a slow news month.................

NEW YORK The revelation late Monday that Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) was arrested nearly three months ago for allegedly making sexual advances in a men's room raises the issue of how such an action could occur without the press reporting it.

Even Roll Call reporter John McArdle, who broke the story late Monday, admits he only received word of the arrest and subsequent guilty plea via a tip last week.

"You would think in the 24-hour news cycle, something like this would slip through," said McArdle, a four-year veteran of the Capitol Hill daily. "He wanted to keep it quiet, and he almost got away with it."

Even more surprising is that the unreported arrest occurred at a time when Craig was under scrutiny following previous allegations of gay relationships and sexual advances dating back to late 2006, when a blogger accused Craig of having relationships with men. The conservative senator has long denied the allegations.

McArdle said the latest incident, in which Craig was arrested June 11 for allegedly making advances to a police officer in a Minnesota airport bathroom, only came to his attention through a tip he received last week.
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
OK, just so I'm absolutely clear on your stance.

It's a slow news month because it's been reported that a Conservative Senior Senator who ran on a family values platform and supports the Federal Marriage Amendment was arrested for soliciting sex with another man in a public restroom and then tried to have it covered up?

The fact that this was reported means it's a slow news month?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
It happened a long time ago...hence this article....there have been many more important news items that took place during and after this time. Things have been slow so they have dug around and found this thing. My stance is who cares...I'd feel the same way if he were a Dem. These family values things are all BS anyway. I don't trust any of these guys to have high moral values. It really doesn't surprise me that guys like him, dem or repub got caught doing something improper.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Apparently this must have been a slow news month.................

NEW YORK The revelation late Monday that Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) was arrested nearly three months ago for allegedly making sexual advances in a men's room raises the issue of how such an action could occur without the press reporting it.

Even Roll Call reporter John McArdle, who broke the story late Monday, admits he only received word of the arrest and subsequent guilty plea via a tip last week.

"You would think in the 24-hour news cycle, something like this would slip through," said McArdle, a four-year veteran of the Capitol Hill daily. "He wanted to keep it quiet, and he almost got away with it."

Even more surprising is that the unreported arrest occurred at a time when Craig was under scrutiny following previous allegations of gay relationships and sexual advances dating back to late 2006, when a blogger accused Craig of having relationships with men. The conservative senator has long denied the allegations.

McArdle said the latest incident, in which Craig was arrested June 11 for allegedly making advances to a police officer in a Minnesota airport bathroom, only came to his attention through a tip he received last week.

I don't recall seeing anything about until yesterday

The same day that Gonzo resigns and Michale Vick finds Jesus

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
You read the part of the piece you posted that said Craig tried to cover it up right? You posted it yourself so I'm going on the assumption that you actually read it.

Do you really believe this wouldn't have been reported when it happened if it wasn't covered up?

The difference with this happening with a Dem is that a Dem doesn't run on a platform that specifically despises homosexuality so comparing the two doesn't work. Considering a massive portion of your political belief system is based on high morals and family values your statement about them all being BS is interesting to say the least.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
According to the article you posted, there was no digging. The reporters who broke the story received a tip.

It's not unusual for a story to become big months after it occurs.

By the time it was revealed that Lewinsky and Clinton had engaged in an affair, the affair had been over for a year.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
True ..but the news cycle has sped up considerably since the Lewinsky affair. As far as the moral character issue. While Repubs run on high moral values etc....i still don't trust em. Much like I don't trust the Dems to have any either. Atleast the Repub will attempt to tell u he doesn't like gays..the Dem will pander to attract votes. In any event its silly.....who cares.
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Atleast the Repub will attempt to tell u he doesn't like gays

Yes, he will and in quite a few instances that same Repub will spend his weekend giving blowjobs in public restrooms.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
True ..but the news cycle has sped up considerably since the Lewinsky affair. As far as the moral character issue. While Repubs run on high moral values etc....i still don't trust em. Much like I don't trust the Dems to have any either. Atleast the Repub will attempt to tell u he doesn't like gays..the Dem will pander to attract votes. In any event its silly.....who cares.

you might also want to consider the possibility that the Dems (or anyone) who claims to support gay rights (or at least reject prejudice) might actually be sincere in their beliefs rather than merely pandering

These stories are only fun when they involve a closeted, self hating, hypocrite - without that there really wouldn't be a story and it is interesting that it always seems to be a Republican   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Yes, he will and in quite a few instances that same Repub will spend his weekend giving blowjobs in public restrooms.

He might!

I guess thats why its news..3 months late, but news. Which is why we're flushing our country down a toliet. Who cares..worry about this crap after we're out of Iraq or not going to bomb Iran..who cares.
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
HH6, it's three months late because Craig tried to quash it. I love how you always fail to mention that when you talk about slow news months and the story being 3 months old.

Craig tried to cover it up.

In the big picture you're right, it's not the most pressing issue although I'd still say it's important because Craig is in a position of power and influence.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
We have bigger and more important things to worry about...as a nation.
If twits like this are representing the people casting votes for these items we're suppose to care about, well then... duh and when the media is willing to put everything aside for days to talk about Paris Hilton, well then COME ON ::)  What did you want us to talk about, the Iraq War, but only if we're for it?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
HH6, it's three months late because Craig tried to quash it. I love how you always fail to mention that when you talk about slow news months and the story being 3 months old.

Craig tried to cover it up.

In the big picture you're right, it's not the most pressing issue although I'd still say it's important because Craig is in a position of power and influence.
True, the story just broke, It's not like it was old news being brought back up.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I could care less if this guy is banging blue sheep in the middle of the freeway..who cares dude...I'm nota neocon. This is all partisian BS anyway. So what, he's an idiot with a problem. He won't get reelected, problem solved. Next to invading Iran, this not much of an issue.
You're right there bubba, this wack stuff seems to be very partisian.  For the most part it seems to be a Republican problem--"Big Time" LOL.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Craig Says 'I Am Not Gay,' Did No Wrong

By TODD DVORAK
Associated Press Writer

BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- Under fire from leaders of his own party, Idaho Sen. Larry Craig on Tuesday the only thing he had done wrong was to plead guilty after a police complaint of lewd conduct in a men's room. He declared, "I am not gay. I never have been gay."

"I did nothing wrong at the Minneapolis airport," he said at a news conference with his wife, Suzanne, at his side.

. . .

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CRAIG_ARREST?SITE=HIHAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

By TODD DVORAK
Associated Press Writer

BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- Under fire from leaders of his own party, Idaho Sen. Larry Craig on Tuesday the only thing he had done wrong was to plead guilty after a police complaint of lewd conduct in a men's room. He declared, "I am not gay. I never have been gay."

"I did nothing wrong at the Minneapolis airport," he said at a news conference with his wife, Suzanne, at his side.

. . .

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CRAIG_ARREST?SITE=HIHAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I seem to recall this guy saying the same thing

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

By TODD DVORAK
Associated Press Writer

. . .

he might not be gay........but his boy friends are.   ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
lol... I really hope beach was rolling his eyes at the denial and not posting it as a see, this is all for nothing, he didn't do anything wrong cuz he says so. :P

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

lol.   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
lol... I really hope beach was rolling his eyes at the denial and not posting it as a see, this is all for nothing, he didn't do anything wrong cuz he says so. :P

The eye roll was for his denial.  Pathetic. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
he looks like a guy who isnt gay

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The eye roll was for his denial.  Pathetic. 

so why do you think he chose to be gay?

seems like the cost/benefit ratio was really high

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
so why do you think he chose to be gay?

seems like the cost/benefit ratio was really high

I have no idea what you're talking about.