Author Topic: Redemption for Vick. My thoughts and yours please.  (Read 4779 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Redemption for Vick. My thoughts and yours please.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 12:52:59 PM »
Those are all ongoing things, some of which will probably not ever change.

Vick is a current event and therefore is in the spotlight for now.

I suppose no mention could be made of these types of offenses right?  How much are people allowed to show outrage Hedge?  What is the acceptable amount according to you?

Those types of statements get no less idiotic no matter how many times you say them.
  ::)

And this IS the Pet Board FFS.  duh!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 01:09:06 PM »
Those are all ongoing things, some of which will probably not ever change.

Vick is a current event and therefore is in the spotlight for now.

I suppose no mention could be made of these types of offenses right?  How much are people allowed to show outrage Hedge?  What is the acceptable amount according to you?

Those types of statements get no less idiotic no matter how many times you say them.  ::)

And this IS the Pet Board FFS.  duh!

I have no problem with the discussion as such.

It's the proportions it's taken.

C'mon flower - Vick is one of the most hated persons in the USA.

It shouldn't be like that.

There are literally thousands of things that are more important to get up in a bunch about than his BS.

Dog bones looking like Vick?

Petitions to get him canned from NFL?

Where are the petitions to do something about child sex tourism? Where are the petitions to do something about the situation on Africa's Horn?

It's been long gone since I thought Vick got what he deserved from the media and the public.

Of course I think he should be put on trial, and if found guilty, get whatever sentence he'll get.

But I definitely support his rights to get back into the NFL and not having to excuse his sorry ass for the rest of his life after serving his sentence.

I have a big problem with the mob mentality that arises.

That's why it's good to see some other suggestions than "let him get in with the dogs" and stuff like that.
As empty as paradise

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 01:16:42 PM »
maybe you should concern yourself with bigger issues like the homeless instead of worrying how upset people are over Vick.  People could also be posting about more weighty subjects than whether so and so is a fag, or about monster bodyparts.  ::)

take your own advice, your getting upset over people getting upset about vick is worse than people getting upset over Vick.

MELTDOWN!!!!    ;D

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 01:39:16 PM »
A little reflection:

I think it's beyond fcuked up that Vick becomes the most hated man in America for doing this.

When there are lots of people who are committing more serious offences to humans.

Not saying Vick did something right, let the legal system handle that et al.

But it's sickening to see that dogs gets people's emotions up in a bunch.

When there are thousands and thousands of homeless people.

Not to mention the horrors of the poor in the 3rd world, the civilians slayed and amputeed in Rwanda eg.

And y'all put this effort into worrying about Vick? ::)

well people love their dogs and what he has done to his and other dogs is ridiculously inhumane.  he is also a very high profile athlete who signed a 120-140 million dollar contract.  i'm not suprised at all that so many people are outraged over this.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2007, 01:54:29 PM »

Of course I think he should be put on trial, and if found guilty, get whatever sentence he'll get.

But I definitely support his rights to get back into the NFL and not having to excuse his sorry ass for the rest of his life after serving his sentence.

if the judge accepts the plea agreement he is only getting 12-18 months.  which considering what he has done is getting off pretty easy imo. 
after he does serve his prison time i still do not want to see him in the nfl.  playing in the nfl is a privilage that carries certain responsibilities. the execution of dogs and puppies by eloctrocution, drowning, hanging, ect. is over the line.  the nfl is the most popular sport in america. the league is not going to put itself in the position to face the type of protests that would happen if vick was ever allowed on the field again.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 04:10:18 PM »

And y'all put this effort into worrying about Vick? ::)

that's what's I'm talkin about

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 06:03:53 PM »
Hedgie likes worrying about what other people are worrying about instead of himself worrying about anything. 

He could put it to better use trying to get a S/N bill passed for people so there wouldn't be so many homeless or people going hungry in the world.

::)

Kelly Jane

• Getbig II
  • 5'8"
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 07:48:33 AM »
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=media_newsalert083107#1

the aspca is going to evaluate the dogs now.   :-\
Poooopydoodle!!!!