Author Topic: Just Curious  (Read 1868 times)

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
Just Curious
« on: August 28, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »
What's the longest cycle you've ever been on? And how long did you come off before your next cycle?
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Just Curious
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 07:12:23 AM »
20 weeks. I was off for about ten weeks before going on again (this goes against my usual practices). However, I stopped this time around because I got really sick (not gear related) & I'll be off for at least six months or so.

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 08:25:57 AM »
That sucks Rim, you off training as well? I had that with a hernia about 1 year ago. Nothing worse than being out of the gym for 4 months...
Just spot me BITCH!!!

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 08:32:17 AM »
My longest ever was a 20 week cycle of 1000mg Test E, 600mg EQ, and Dbol for 6 weeks on the front end with 6 weeks of winny on the backend, I stopped the EQ at 19 weeks and did a lengthy PCT that lasted about 8 weeks total.  I took off for about 6 months before my next one.  I generally only run about 15 weeks.

BigBencher

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »
3 months on (about 12 weeks) then 2-3 months off depending on what i was taking during the cycle.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 02:51:58 PM »
That sucks Rim, you off training as well? I had that with a hernia about 1 year ago. Nothing worse than being out of the gym for 4 months...

No. I stopped for about two & a half weeks. But now I'm back to training & such.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 03:20:32 PM »
i do 6 months on, 3 months off.

but i am monitored by a doctor every 6 weeks.

i don't go back on unless he says I'm good.

8)

uckmo

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »
how long can someone really go?

has anyone ever heard of someone being on for like a year straight or even longer. and what happens when your on for that long?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 05:45:51 PM »
how long can someone really go?

has anyone ever heard of someone being on for like a year straight or even longer. and what happens when your on for that long?

Ive gone that long and come off. (1yr+)
 BUT the bulk end of the cycle was HRT dose. Front end far from that.

I see no differance in Natural recovery IMO.
 I would much rather run long, and tapper down over a longer time, than just crash off even 500mg of TE. Even w/  HCG and clomid behind dropping 500TE.

Drop the Test (Prop) dose, and throw in stanoz and other anabolics on a declining dose at the end is best for me.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 05:51:31 PM »
I see no differance in Natural recovery IMO.
 I would much rather run long, and tapper down over a longer time, than just crash off even 500mg of TE. Even w/  HCG and clomid behind dropping 500TE.

Amen!  So true if you are gonna shut down and have to recover then better make it worth your while.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 08:50:43 PM »
Amen!  So true if you are gonna shut down and have to recover then better make it worth your while.

Agreed. I've run a few 30+wk cycles and had no problems recovering.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 07:31:02 AM »
In the midst of my longest, 20 weeks but this is only my second real cycle with multiple compounds.

Loving life now but thinking will taper down instead of just stopping and going into PCT that way I don't shut down so hard if at all...

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 07:39:33 AM »
what kind of hernia kept you out of the gym for 4 months?

i had inguinal and was back at aikido and gym in 2 months. not full force, but back at it.

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 11:02:42 AM »
what kind of hernia kept you out of the gym for 4 months?

i had inguinal and was back at aikido and gym in 2 months. not full force, but back at it.

Same thing bro, I could have went back earlier, but my son was just born and I reagravated the area a little by picking him up...so I became over cautious with everything I did. But now I'm back full force and not looking back..just a little wiser you know what I mean.

So the general consensious is that you can go on as long as a year, I've currently been on 36 weeks, and my doses now are very mild...of Prop, EQ and Fin Enth. Just curious if I should come off now or keep going and change up my stack. This is about my 10th or 12th cycle but by far the longest. I've been currently running this stack above for 12 weeks.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 11:15:35 AM »
Same thing bro, I could have went back earlier, but my son was just born and I reagravated the area a little by picking him up...so I became over cautious with everything I did. But now I'm back full force and not looking back..just a little wiser you know what I mean.

So the general consensious is that you can go on as long as a year, I've currently been on 36 weeks, and my doses now are very mild...of Prop, EQ and Fin Enth. Just curious if I should come off now or keep going and change up my stack. This is about my 10th or 12th cycle but by far the longest. I've been currently running this stack above for 12 weeks.

Just make sure you have a lengthy PCT ready.

i know a guy who had been on between 1000-2000mg of test for up to 3 years and he "eventually" got his levels back to normal after 6-8 months of being off the juice. i don't recommend this but i'm just stating it for information. he used HCG and clomid for around 12 weeks i think after he came off.

8)

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 12:04:31 PM »
Just make sure you have a lengthy PCT ready.

i know a guy who had been on between 1000-2000mg of test for up to 3 years and he "eventually" got his levels back to normal after 6-8 months of being off the juice. i don't recommend this but i'm just stating it for information. he used HCG and clomid for around 12 weeks i think after he came off.

8)

Cheers Bro, thank you, I appreciate the advice and ya I have a healty supply of both readily available...
Just spot me BITCH!!!

musclemass

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 02:44:49 PM »
Im probably going to jumped by this. But My cycle was orginally planned for 26 wks- 500mgs a wk Test E, ( 40mgs ED of dbol for the 1st six wks too ), but this train is rollin hard and I really, REALLY do not want it to stop. So Im planning on running it another 12 wks longer. (36wks totall). The last last 12 wks may be 750mgs a wk- haven't really made up my mind yet- I'm very happy with the mass gains and strength gains I've made so far- so it may not be nessacary to up it another 250mgs. You know the sayin, if it aint broke, don't fix it. I'm just not mentally ready to come off yet.

And BTW, I havent had any problems yet.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 04:38:01 PM »
Im probably going to jumped by this. But My cycle was orginally planned for 26 wks- 500mgs a wk Test E, ( 40mgs ED of dbol for the 1st six wks too ), but this train is rollin hard and I really, REALLY do not want it to stop. So Im planning on running it another 12 wks longer. (36wks totall). The last last 12 wks may be 750mgs a wk- haven't really made up my mind yet- I'm very happy with the mass gains and strength gains I've made so far- so it may not be nessacary to up it another 250mgs. You know the sayin, if it aint broke, don't fix it. I'm just not mentally ready to come off yet.

Nahh aint gonna jump on you, you are doing it the right way.  Problem is you will never wanna come off.

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »

Just make sure you have a rock solid PCT, mind sharing what you are planning?  What was the longest cycle you had run prior to this?

musclemass

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 07:20:10 PM »
RDW.........

this is will be the longest I've ever ran. 20 wks was the longest before this one.

Nolva and maybe some clomid- for PCT. Thats it. Pretty simple.
Well, and maybe some E-BOL made by Thermolife (yes, OTC stuff, heard some pretty good reviews on it by guys at the gym that have never done AAS and they love it.) Its just a basic Natural Test booster. But i have plenty of time to really get it down straight how I'm going to do it, I'm on wk 19, still have another 16 wks to go.

I don't really think I need to change up my PCT just because I'm running my cycle alot longer than I ever have, do you?? I'm always open for suggestions. What do you think?

BTW......... if thats you in the picture that you took with a camera phone- you look pretty big. Whats your stats??

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 05:18:43 AM »
RDW.........

this is will be the longest I've ever ran. 20 wks was the longest before this one.

Nolva and maybe some clomid- for PCT. Thats it. Pretty simple.
Well, and maybe some E-BOL made by Thermolife (yes, OTC stuff, heard some pretty good reviews on it by guys at the gym that have never done AAS and they love it.) Its just a basic Natural Test booster. But i have plenty of time to really get it down straight how I'm going to do it, I'm on wk 19, still have another 16 wks to go.

I don't really think I need to change up my PCT just because I'm running my cycle alot longer than I ever have, do you?? I'm always open for suggestions. What do you think?

BTW......... if thats you in the picture that you took with a camera phone- you look pretty big. Whats your stats??

Yes that picture is me from about 4 years ago I took in my bathroom with a camera phone.  At that time I was probably 5'10 245 and I'd guess 12-15%BF based on that pic.  I took a few years off so now I'm only 215 but around 8-9% BF.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you had done a longer cycle before because some people take long than others to get their HPTA kickstarted again.  Do you normally start up fine?  I would suggest using HCG in addition.  I personally use HCG most every cycle (most of mine are 15ish weeks).  I have read a few posts and seen some websites recently saying HCG doesn't aid in restarting natural HPTA (This is partially true BUT does NOT mean it doesn't start natural test production).  I would guess someone misread something and started inaccurately regurgitating information he didn't understand or someone used HCG in an improper manor (which happens often as well) and didn't get the results he wanted.  As many know, "how-to" ideas in this business make their rounds quickly, much of it being inaccurate information.  This is why everyone should do their own research as much as possible and come to their own conclusions.  This doesn't mean don't ask questions, but just because one person says something doesn't mean it's right (even if the person is generally knowledgeable).  I think I will make a topic regarding HCG today because I have answered a number of questions on it via PMs recently.

Anyway perhaps you don't take HCG because you never felt the need to before, but with a 35 week cycle I really recommend it to get you back as quickly as possible.  I would run the Nolva for about 8 weeks on this also, 60mg 2 weeks after last test for 1-2wks, 40mg for 2 weeks, then 20mg the rest.  Some people think this is too long but I'm more cautious than most. HCG I would use 10,000 IU 2 weeks after last pin divded in any number of ways.
You can do 5000 IU, 3 days later 2500, then 1500, then 1000, or 2500 E3D, or 5000, 3000, 2000 E3D.  It doesn't really matter but don't make it last longer than 10 days and don't use more than 10,000 IU.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.