Author Topic: Pats' Harrison suspended for four games by NFL  (Read 17927 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Pats' Harrison suspended for four games by NFL
« on: August 30, 2007, 05:53:46 PM »
New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison will be suspended by the NFL for four games because he admitted to federal investigators that he obtained Human Growth Hormone, sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Harrison had a hearing with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Friday, the sources said. The Patriots could announce the suspension as early as Saturday.

A league spokesman said the NFL had "no comment" about Harrison, who also could not be reached. Efforts to reach the Patriots were unsuccessful.

The admission by Harrison has never been made public but his name was among those known to federal and New York state investigators that conducted a two-year investigation into an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers such as HGH.

Investigators have discovered several athletes across many sports whose names were linked in the probe. Sources say at least one NFL assistant also has been questioned.

Chris Mortensen is an NFL analyst for ESPN.
Squishy face retard

body88

Re: Pats' Harrison suspended for four games by NFL
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 06:36:48 PM »
Rodney should be ashamed. I am not making excuses for him. This is bad news. Apparently there is a wave of suspensions coming around the leauge. Players from many teams involved :-X

Rodney lost a lot of my respect.

He was taking hgh to heal his body. With the pounding nfl players take I would suspect many guys do it. There is no test so the nfl has some type of list. I dont condone what he did.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 07:12:37 PM »
I'm not surprised in the least and I'm not even that disappointed. I just expect this type of thing from NFL players. Take a look around the NFL at all the absolute freaks of nature (Ben Watson) and tell me performance enhancing drugs aren't everywhere. Then take into consideration the incredible abuse their bodies go through during a game and the players ability to bounce back.

My guess is drugs are everywhere in the NFL.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 10:02:14 PM »
I'm not surprised in the least and I'm not even that disappointed. I just expect this type of thing from NFL players. Take a look around the NFL at all the absolute freaks of nature (Ben Watson) and tell me performance enhancing drugs aren't everywhere. Then take into consideration the incredible abuse their bodies go through during a game and the players ability to bounce back.

Possibly more so than baseball.... ;D
Squishy face retard

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 12:04:51 AM »

Exactly.

I think the only way I'd be surprised, is if a Kicker/Punter was using. Other than that, I'd bet the majority of these guys are "on". It's the sad reality of the sports world, today.
HAHA, RON.....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 01:21:43 AM »
Exactly.

I think the only way I'd be surprised, is if a Kicker/Punter was using. Other than that, I'd bet the majority of these guys are "on". It's the sad reality of the sports world, today.

I'd be surprised if some punters don't use.  I agree that the majority of NFL players use something. 

Not surprised to hear about Harrison.  We shouldn't be disappointed him either.  We all know the sport is not clean.  Only the dummies (and those caught in criminal investigations who confess) get caught.   

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 07:24:56 AM »
I would still take Harrison on my team  ;D

Most NFL players are juicing up it's part of the game

RIP Bob Probert

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 07:34:02 AM »
Big Ol' Rodney's always been a scumbag. I'm willing to bet he was also juiced at one point in his career. Must be the Patriot way!

body88

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 07:59:08 AM »
Big Ol' Rodney's always been a scumbag. I'm willing to bet he was also juiced at one point in his career. Must be the Patriot way!

Coming from a yankee's fan. Classic. I dont think he juiced. There is no test for hgh in the nfl. Apparently they have a list of several nfl players. Rodney just admitted to it.

He took hgh to heal his body. I am willing to bet a ton of players do the same due to the pounding they take. But the susbstance is banned and Rodney knew it. He is going to hurt the team by not playing.

body88

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 08:00:31 AM »

What 6'3 250 with ripped abs is not normal eating fast food?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 08:24:47 AM »
Shocking that you bring up the Yanks.  ::)

Anything to justify that scumbag skirting the rules, I guess. Good ol' Rodney proving how much of a winner he is again. Must be the Patriot way!

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 08:52:17 AM »

Anything to justify that scumbag skirting the rules, I guess. Good ol' Rodney proving how much of a winner he is again. Must be the Patriot way!
You guys do have Clemens and Giambi.   ;D
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 08:57:38 AM »

You said the words steroids. Harrison did not take steroids. He admitted to a banned substance (Hgh) There is not a test for Hgh done by the nfl you know.  I am not trying to justify anything. Harrison knew the substance was banned. See my first post I condemned him. What he did was wrong. If he needs that much help to heal he should hang em up. Don't be so quick so squawk. More names are going to come out, and you might see a player on your team on that list.

Lastly we all know you are a yankee fan boy as you would say. Home to the most juicers in the mlb correct. Hey Jason, Clemens, (former player) Schef pass the needle!!! Must be the yankee way!!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 03:14:05 PM »
I'd be surprised if some punters don't use.  I agree that the majority of NFL players use something. 

Not surprised to hear about Harrison.  We shouldn't be disappointed him either.  We all know the sport is not clean.  Only the dummies (and those caught in criminal investigations who confess) get caught.   

I know a lady who married a punter and is now in the NFL and he told me that some punters do use HGH and other performance enhancers....
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 04:15:28 PM »
Coming from a yankee's fan. Classic. I dont think he juiced. There is no test for hgh in the nfl. Apparently they have a list of several nfl players. Rodney just admitted to it.

He took hgh to heal his body. I am willing to bet a ton of players do the same due to the pounding they take. But the susbstance is banned and Rodney knew it. He is going to hurt the team by not playing.

LOTS of NFL players are injecting human growth hormone. LOTS. Until they come up with a test with any crediblity, NFL players will always use hgh.

I know as a fact the Ray Lewis uses it.

body88

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 04:17:16 PM »
LOTS of NFL players are injecting human growth hormone. LOTS. Until they come up with a test with any crediblity, NFL players will always use hgh.

I know as a fact the Ray Lewis uses it.

I agree. No excuses tho. Rodney was dumb enough to get caught. He deserves to be suspended.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 04:20:03 PM »
You said the words steroids. Harrison did not take steroids. He admitted to a banned substance (Hgh) There is not a test for Hgh done by the nfl you know.  I am not trying to justify anything. Harrison knew the substance was banned. See my first post I condemned him. What he did was wrong. If he needs that much help to heal he should hang em up. Don't be so quick so squawk. More names are going to come out, and you might see a player on your team on that list.

Lastly we all know you are a yankee fan boy as you would say. Home to the most juicers in the mlb correct. Hey Jason, Clemens, (former player) Schef pass the needle!!! Must be the yankee way!!

It goes beyond just the healing factor. Players are taking it for multiple reasons. Body fat loss, especially. As you get older you have to work much harder to keep the fat off.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 01:57:15 PM »
He got caught and he's doing his 4. Merriman got caught and still made it to the Pro Bowl.......The guy will serve out his punishment. As far as drugs in the NFL 350lbs fat guys don't run 5/6 in the 40 without help. It would appear there are far more guys doing something in the NFL then any other sport.
L

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 02:07:40 PM »
No doubt that performance-enchancing drugs are more prevelent in Pro football than any other major sport(unless you consider bodybuilding a sport, of course).

The game is about speed and explosiveness. The best of the best in athletes, in my mind with NBA a close second. The drugs have to come into play in order for the players keep up the same level while they get older.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 02:12:44 PM »
While I don't know whether he used em in the past..the NFL has pretty good tests etc..i can see why he used the HGH to overcome his last spat with injuries. I think many of us might do it..to get back on the field. It sucks its wanna my guys..I love Harrison.
L

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 03:33:18 PM »
Did you guys see that Wade Wilson got suspended for taking sh*t after his playing days to help with his diabetes?

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=C3615A00-983A-C327-94D8BDA2E7624598

Suspending him seems like a joke.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 08:30:29 PM »
I know a lady who married a punter and is now in the NFL and he told me that some punters do use HGH and other performance enhancers....

I believe it. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2007, 09:26:30 PM »
I believe it. 

When he told me i was like no damn way....then i believe Todd Saurbghen(sp) was got with using steroids....
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 01:34:08 AM »
When he told me i was like no damn way....then i believe Todd Saurbghen(sp) was got with using steroids....

Yep.  I doubt Todd Sauerbrun is the only punter who uses something.  Pretty stiff competition with only 1 punter on each roster.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 01:07:06 PM »
Rodney should be ashamed. I am not making excuses for him. This is bad news. Apparently there is a wave of suspensions coming around the leauge. Players from many teams involved :-X

Rodney lost a lot of my respect.

He was taking hgh to heal his body. With the pounding nfl players take I would suspect amny do it. There is no test so the nfl has some type of list. I dont condone what he did.

Pretty clear to me what he said...u must be taking English as a second language.
L