Author Topic: Painting a room  (Read 2685 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Painting a room
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 11:36:24 AM »
~Flower~, do the rooms you are painting have alot of light coming into them?
That's something you might want to take into consideration when you go with darker colours.
The amount of natural light that comes into the room might have a big impact on how the finished walls look.

One wall is practically all windows, so it does get light.  My major concern was hiding dog dirt and slobber, and light colored walls do not do that.   :P 

It's done now anyways!!!!    I'd have to say I am pretty happy overall.
   :D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 11:41:40 AM »
You mean the wall you can't see from the living room?  I'd need pics on this since I'm a little confused!

And you can do whatever you want, it's your house.  I know a man who is about 50 and he has an entryway painted dark blue w/sparkles in it!

The wooden staircase banister starts in the living room where you can see it going up the stairs, then the wall starts and the wooden banister continues next to the wall.  So I couldn't paint the banister one color then the crown and floor moldings on the other side a different color in the stairwell?  Actually I have decided it will be whatever color I decide for the trim for the stairwell and the upstairs hall.  Right now I have left it the white it currently is, and besides it also needing a paint job bad, it looks fine being a different color.  It will probably end up being a light cream color or something anyways.   I have to steam off the wallpaper, so I won't be painting any time soon.
  :P

Yes.  I agree.  You should rest now :)

I cleaned and emptied out the basement too!!  I feel like I moved!!   ;D

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 11:49:20 AM »

One wall is practically all windows, so it does get light.  My major concern was hiding dog dirt and slobber, and light colored walls do not do that.   :P 

It's done now anyways!!!!    I'd have to say I am pretty happy overall.
   :D

Dog dirt as in dog shit?  :-X

It's funny i was thinking about you and your dogs t'other day! i was wondering how much would you say it cost you monthly/yearly to keep all them dogs?

Keeping on Dane can't be cheap but three....

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 12:04:53 PM »
Dog dirt as in dog shit?  :-X

Dog slobber and dirt.  I have dog slobber on the ceiling I saw.     :P

I feed 4 dogs at a cost of less than $5 a day on average.
   :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 12:15:30 PM »

The wooden staircase banister starts in the living room where you can see it going up the stairs, then the wall starts and the wooden banister continues next to the wall.  So I couldn't paint the banister one color then the crown and floor moldings on the other side a different color in the stairwell?  Actually I have decided it will be whatever color I decide for the trim for the stairwell and the upstairs hall.  Right now I have left it the white it currently is, and besides it also needing a paint job bad, it looks fine being a different color.  It will probably end up being a light cream color or something anyways.   

If it looks fine a diff color now, either way you choose to match your trim should work out fine!

I have to steam off the wallpaper, so I won't be painting any time soon.
  :P

Wallpaper is da debil  >:(

I cleaned and emptied out the basement too!!  I feel like I moved!!   ;D

You are on a roll  ;D   I need to paint the outside trim of my house but have been putting it off because I hate sanding (and spiders) :(
R

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 12:55:18 PM »

Dog slobber and dirt.  I have dog slobber on the ceiling I saw.     :P

I feed 4 dogs at a cost of less than $5 a day on average.
   :)

Some people spend more on cigs a day so that's not bad considering three of those dogs are massive danes.

Thanks