Author Topic: My, my how things have changed!!  (Read 8725 times)

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
Re: My, my how things have changed!!
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2007, 11:42:25 PM »
Bob for the most part, a lot of people on here are saying they prefer symetrical guys now...I think it may be because they were used to seeing symetry, and then ronnie opened up in 2003...at the time many people were just in awe of how he looked...but when you break down his physique according to bodybuilding standards he looked awful and I think a lot of people are starting to realize this.  That being said, is there a different crowd at bodybuilding shows than people who are online?  I would take a symetrical 250lb guy over ronnie 2003 anyday...Last but not least, everyone says they want bodybuilding to be mainstream...Do they honestly think mainstream society would accept ronnie coleman or jay cutler?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2007, 11:42:56 PM »
The problem is convincing the judges to change the criteria.......how do you do that?

Easy..I point out the obvious (that the sport isn't better with those physiques winning)

More realistic, is the notion that someone will come along with the winning combo that all others will be compared to...kind of like the Bizzaro world version of the Dorian era..! ;D

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2007, 11:46:20 PM »
So bob your saying if another flex wheeler comes along(phil heath imo), and adds the right amount of muscle and keeps his condition...and the fans say they want him to win the O, the sport may reverse itself?  Because the way things are going this sport is headed nowhere...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2007, 11:47:44 PM »
Bob for the most part, a lot of people on here are saying they prefer symetrical guys now...I think it may be because they were used to seeing symetry, and then ronnie opened up in 2003...at the time many people were just in awe of how he looked...but when you break down his physique according to bodybuilding standards he looked awful and I think a lot of people are starting to realize this.  That being said, is there a different crowd at bodybuilding shows than people who are online?  I would take a symetrical 250lb guy over ronnie 2003 anyday...Last but not least, everyone says they want bodybuilding to be mainstream...Do they honestly think mainstream society would accept ronnie coleman or jay cutler?

You cant use Getbig as a representation of the masses, as it represent a very small market (even in comparison to our already very small market of BB)

You may prefer a symmetrical 250 lb. BB, but the judges dont.....I was that 250 lb. BB and only managed to place 18th in my Olympia debut...LOL.

"everyone" who thinks we could ever appeal to "mainstream" is only kidding themselves...never have, never will.

That being said...we dont need to...we need to appeal to our OWN fans first and foremost (which number in the tens of thousands, if not millions.)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2007, 11:49:09 PM »
So bob your saying if another flex wheeler comes along(phil heath imo), and adds the right amount of muscle and keeps his condition...and the fans say they want him to win the O, the sport may reverse itself?  Because the way things are going this sport is headed nowhere...

The winner sets the standard....had Flex won over Dorian, the future of BB may have been very different.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2007, 11:50:33 PM »
Oh god I wish he had...then maybe he wouldn't have fucked up his body with all that synthol, and we could have seen a very different version of flex...

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2007, 12:14:42 AM »
But unfortunatly some of the younger posters on here may not realize it or don't know any better and take it as gospel.

you know from the 1st grade on - DO NOT TAKE PILLS FROM STRANGERS.

gh15 is a stranger.  you know steroids are illegal/risky by the time you're 12 in this country.  If you are dumb enough to take it as gospel, I don't want you in the gene pool.  You're the most gullible link.  You're probably going to waste my tax dollars with welfare anyway, because you're stupid and lazy, taking illegal drug advice from an anonymous guy on getbig.

So I say, let those dumb kids take their chances.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2007, 12:19:58 AM »
Sorry...my bad.

I've only got 29 years in the business, what do i know...

In those 29 years how many of those have you been pro.  Just want to see the ratio.  You do realize if you knew as much as you think you know it wouldn't have taken you what 20 years to be a pro or whatever.  I know you'll come back with a half-wit response, but in reality this is true.  Sure it takes time to be a pro but exactly how long did it take YOU.  And how many others took this long.  Just wondering cause you are my hero.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2007, 12:25:21 AM »
you know from the 1st grade on - DO NOT TAKE PILLS FROM STRANGERS.

gh15 is a stranger.  you know steroids are illegal/risky by the time you're 12 in this country.  If you are dumb enough to take it as gospel, I don't want you in the gene pool.  You're the most gullible link.  You're probably going to waste my tax dollars with welfare anyway, because you're stupid and lazy, taking illegal drug advice from an anonymous guy on getbig.

So I say, let those dumb kids take their chances.

;D yes!

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2007, 12:31:07 AM »
only a stupid person would take drug advice from an anonymous stranger online.

stupid people are allowed to poison, and kill themselves.

it makes the world better. darwinism at its finest.  if you are dumb enough to shoot insulin because some guy posing as a pro tells you to, it's probably better if you dont reproduce.

so do me a favor and ask the 10s of pms i get in a single week asking me to contribute to their magazines and shows and future career and web sites and all that good stuff for $ that I DO NOT NEED

i told you that 100 of times,,i already have enough exposure for a life time during my career,i dont need to make money out of gh15,,what i do as gh15 is for you to learn something about the sport you love and what it takes to get to the top

also about the cardio thing,,i dont even look at  a cardio machine untill i wanna be 3-4% ,,ANYONE CAN GET TO 6% WITH OUT DOING CARDIO,,ANY ONE THAT HAS A PENIS BETWEEN HIS LEGS

thanks you very much and good morning :)
fallen angel

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2007, 12:43:46 AM »
so do me a favor and ask the 10s of pms i get in a single week asking me to contribute to their magazines and shows and future career and web sites and all that good stuff for $ that I DO NOT NEED

i told you that 100 of times,,i already have enough exposure for a life time during my career,i dont need to make money out of gh15,,what i do as gh15 is for you to learn something about the sport you love and what it takes to get to the top

also about the cardio thing,,i dont even look at  a cardio machine untill i wanna be 3-4% ,,ANYONE CAN GET TO 6% WITH OUT DOING CARDIO,,ANY ONE THAT HAS A PENIS BETWEEN HIS LEGS

You're just a little pincushion arent you. mom would be proud.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2007, 07:14:59 AM »

dont get me wrong, gh15.  I think you are a pro bodybuilder.  and you certianly know your shit.  But it's the responsibility for any reader to take your advice, and check it out, before he pins himself.  Just like you'd get a second opinion before heart surgery.  you cover your bases.  even tho the doc is a known, certified professional with 8 years of college.

it's just common sense.  no offense to you at all.  i love your posts dude.  It's just that kids should take your advice, and check it against other sources, preferably someone they know or a doctor or both.  There are so many factors that go into using - a PM to you won't tell the kid about possible side effects from conditions he doesn't tell you. But his doc WILL have that info. 

I stand by it - any kid who takes medical advice from a stranger about drug use is not smart.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2007, 07:34:04 AM »
Yes, he's dangerous in his posts.

fucking finally somebody who said it like it is.. g15 should be banned for answer Gear questions (or as he calls them pm questions answered) in the Gen Board...he should be contained to the Steroid board only.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2007, 09:07:19 AM »
I would not agree 100 % with gh15 if he wouldn't be spot on on absolutely everything from eating to hormones to training and everything in between. I have trained and competed , have been at it for 15 years , was trained by one of the best out there and he matches what I've seen , experienced and heard 100 % . The ones who don't read or comprehend what he sais are weekend warriors or delusional bodybuilders. Keep the info coming gh15...there are some sane people out there u know. ;)

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2007, 09:14:08 AM »
1. Exactly my point Chick, people are doing longer cardio, but conditioning is worse than it was 15-20 years ago and you know the reason why.

2. Yes, I learned not to do gear that will make my conditioning worse, but don't get me wrong, I'm doing 45min-1 hour of cardio per day.

WOW, that's wrong. In 1987 guys were ripped and muscular. In 2007, guys come in with insane striations everywhere, shredded to the bone. YES, they also have guts, but even those guts are ripped. Perhaps what you mean is today guys have worse physiques, worse shape and less muscle fullness. I'll agree with that, but their conditioning is not worse.

20 years ago (approx.) the Mr. Olympia looked like this:

YES, he looks a million times better than Jay Cutler. But he's NOT better conditioned (i.e. more ripped).

For example, looks at their legs. Compared to Jay, Lee looks like he's holding water in his quads. And look at their obliques. As much as Haney's are smaller, they're slightly smoother/softer looking than Jay's. Jay looks drier.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2007, 09:19:58 AM »
In those 29 years how many of those have you been pro.  Just want to see the ratio.  You do realize if you knew as much as you think you know it wouldn't have taken you what 20 years to be a pro or whatever.  I know you'll come back with a half-wit response, but in reality this is true.  Sure it takes time to be a pro but exactly how long did it take YOU.  And how many others took this long.  Just wondering cause you are my hero.

here we go ;D

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2007, 09:22:47 AM »
Didn't alot of the old-timers not do any cardio at all? I don't really see why it is necessary; you can always just lower your calories. If for instance you walk on a treadmill for 1 hour and burn 500 calories, I don't see how the result would be any different than if you just ate 500 cals less during the day.

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »
Didn't alot of the old-timers not do any cardio at all? I don't really see why it is necessary; you can always just lower your calories. If for instance you walk on a treadmill for 1 hour and burn 500 calories, I don't see how the result would be any different than if you just ate 500 cals less during the day.

cardio = higher metabolism.

Stop PMing me, Bluto.  Please.  Not interested.  I'll report you.
!

The Coach

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2007, 09:24:26 AM »
WOW, that's wrong. In 1987 guys were ripped and muscular. In 2007, guys come in with insane striations everywhere, shredded to the bone. YES, they also have guts, but even those guts are ripped. Perhaps what you mean is today guys have worse physiques, worse shape and less muscle fullness. I'll agree with that, but their conditioning is not worse.

20 years ago (approx.) the Mr. Olympia looked like this:

YES, he looks a million times better than Jay Cutler. But he's NOT better conditioned (i.e. more ripped).

For example, looks at their legs. Compared to Jay, Lee looks like he's holding water in his quads. And look at their obliques. As much as Haney's are smaller, they're slightly smoother/softer looking than Jay's. Jay looks drier.

Now turn them around and you'll see that Jay is as smooth as a babies ass!

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2007, 09:31:06 AM »
cardio = higher metabolism.

I doubt it makes a significant difference over the long run. Besides, lifting would have a greater impact on metabolism.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2007, 09:33:35 AM »
get on stage next to jay and show him how it's done "big guy". ::)

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2007, 09:36:20 AM »
Yeah, he really sucks here ::)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2007, 09:36:34 AM »
get on stage next to jay and show him how it's done "big guy". ::)

are you saying that he's not allowed to have an opinion based on the face that he doesn't look like a fridge?

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2007, 09:38:06 AM »
The problem is, everything has to evolve.  Every "sport" evolves; music, movies, etc.  Bodybuilding evolved into different ideals from Reeves into Arnold, from Arnold into Zane, from Zane to Haney, Haney to Dorian, Dorian to ronnie, and now Ronnie to Jay.  If it doesn't evolve, and take new forms, it would get boring and repititive.  IT has evolved this way and I'm quite sure it will find it's way back.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2007, 09:40:22 AM »
Yeah, he really sucks here ::)

Good response.

Coach, you're making stuff up here.