Author Topic: My, my how things have changed!!  (Read 8755 times)

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: My, my how things have changed!!
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 11:02:12 PM »
Insulin is just HARDCORE.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 11:02:34 PM »
The cardio thing Bob, I'll just give a couple of examples, a few years ago before Titus became an inmate, I trained at Golds LV for a few days, got to know him and trained with him for a couple of days, I went along with his routein, he was getting ready for a show so who was I to change things, each weight session lasted about an hour, later he was back for a two hour cardio session. Also, I usually see people getting ready for a show training ONE bodypart perday for about 45-1 hour and the cardio sessions lasting longer.

SO WHAT???? ::)

The sport is called Bodybuilding, not weightlifting. If you manage to build your body completely without lifting weights and look good on stage everything is fine too....

What you wanna say with the point that some pro's cardio sessions last longer than their weightlifting sessions, somehow I don't get it....?  ??? :P  Is there a rule in the IFBB-rulebook prescribing that you're not allowed to perform more then 45 minutes of cardio per day when preparing for a show or what??

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 11:05:04 PM »
you mad old man?

your glory' day jibber jabber amuses me

The Coach

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 11:05:17 PM »
SO WHAT???? ::)

The sport is called Bodybuilding, not weightlifting. If you manage to build your body completely without lifting weights and look good on stage everything is fine too....

What you wanna say with the point that some pro's cardio sessions last longer than their weightlifting sessions, somehow I don't get it....?  ??? :P  Is there a rule in the IFBB-rulebook prescribing that you're not allowed to perform more then 45 minutes of cardio per day when preparing for a show or what??

You're joking......right?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 11:06:22 PM »
The cardio thing Bob, I'll just give a couple of examples, a few years ago before Titus became an inmate, I trained at Golds LV for a few days, got to know him and trained with him for a couple of days, I went along with his routein, he was getting ready for a show so who was I to change things, each weight session lasted about an hour, later he was back for a two hour cardio session. Also, I usually see people getting ready for a show training ONE bodypart perday for about 45-1 hour and the cardio sessions lasting longer.

Now, Lee Labrada is one of my favorite BBers, he beat one of my best friends (Jon Aranita) the year he turned pro.......even though I never trained with laBrada, from what I understand, his weight training was also less than his cardio workouts, BUT, he was smaller, but also more shredded with better symmetry than anyone of today.

Titus? Great example.....Titus was never the "norm" if you follow me....

EVERYONE'S cardio is longer than their training these days for the simple fact that the emphasis on conditioning is far greater than it was 15-20 years ago....

If your workout is longer than your cardio.....you havent learned anything in all these years.

The Coach

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 11:07:25 PM »
you mad old man?

your glory' day jibber jabber amuses me

LOL....I'm not mad, if I was mad I wouldn't be competing again, just pointing out the differences between the last time I got ready for a show and now.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 11:08:26 PM »
Bob, serious question, do you think the athletes have taken it too far with conditioning/being dry?  I think it is to the point now, where peoples lives are in danger every time they do a show. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 11:09:55 PM »
discuss you aas use, if you will

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 11:11:04 PM »
Just load up the needle 4 times and pop twenty pills. Hahaha i remember when i first started I was scared to take creatine.

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 11:11:19 PM »
Bob, serious question, do you think the athletes have taken it too far with conditioning/being dry?  I think it is to the point now, where peoples lives are in danger every time they do a show. 

How many BBs have died in the past 10 years?? ::)

The Coach

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 11:11:30 PM »
Titus? Great example.....Titus was never the "norm" if you follow me....

EVERYONE'S cardio is longer than their training these days for the simple fact that the emphasis on conditioning is far greater than it was 15-20 years ago....

If your workout is longer than your cardio.....you havent learned anything in all these years.

1. Exactly my point Chick, people are doing longer cardio, but conditioning is worse than it was 15-20 years ago and you know the reason why.

2. Yes, I learned not to do gear that will make my conditioning worse, but don't get me wrong, I'm doing 45min-1 hour of cardio per day.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 11:13:59 PM »
Check out arnies waiste. That is bodybuilding at its best.

And fast forward... to today!

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 11:19:06 PM »
1. Exactly my point Chick, people are doing longer cardio, but conditioning is worse than it was 15-20 years ago and you know the reason why.

Because the athletes are 50 pounds heavier on stage than 15-20 years ago??  ::)  ???

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 11:23:08 PM »

Absolutely...unfortunate ly, it's the nature of the beast. All sports get bigger, faster, stronger...

It's a combination of the judging rewarding such extremes, and the athletes trying to achieve an extreme look thats being rewarded....

The Coach

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 11:24:22 PM »
Because the athletes are 50 pounds heavier on stage than 15-20 years ago??  ::)  ???

........and worse symmetry and worse conditioning. You wanna try something different........get'em ripped and big with symmetry, the day you get a 5'9 300lb man down to a 30" waist or his stomach doesn't stick out further than his chest, they I'll listen.

The Coach

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2007, 11:25:52 PM »

It's a combination of the judging rewarding such extremes, and the athletes trying to achieve an extreme look thats being rewarded....

I agree and it sucks, this isn't what the BBing forefathers had in mind.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 11:28:36 PM »
Is there any way that it will ever be reversed...I liked the way the guys from the 90's looked...ie levrone, wheeler, ray, etc...and then ronnie came along and made it ok to have a gut, since then, bodybuilding has been on a steady decline...

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 11:31:34 PM »
Na, not a meltdown at all, just a reality check.
Finally, I agree with someone.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

The Coach

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2007, 11:33:04 PM »
Is there any way that it will ever be reversed...I liked the way the guys from the 90's looked...ie levrone, wheeler, ray, etc...and then ronnie came along and made it ok to have a gut, since then, bodybuilding has been on a steady decline...

IMO, it already has in a sorts. The smaller pro shows you're starting to have the smaller guys win or place high, Silvio looked great off the insulin and proved that a good smaller guy can win against the bigger guy, but unfortunatly, the Olympia is a whole other story, the big person will always win..........unless there is a fair comparison and they bring back the weight classes for that show.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2007, 11:34:03 PM »

Yes...change the judging criteria and start placing guys with guts/ obvious synthol use/ gyno/ no detail/ etc.....down at the bottom of the order (and out of the money)

Watch how fast the physiques start to look like they should....

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2007, 11:34:26 PM »
But how do we as the fans make that happen?

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2007, 11:36:46 PM »
Yes, he's dangerous in his posts.

only a stupid person would take drug advice from an anonymous stranger online.

stupid people are allowed to poison, and kill themselves.

it makes the world better. darwinism at its finest.  if you are dumb enough to shoot insulin because some guy posing as a pro tells you to, it's probably better if you dont reproduce.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

The Coach

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2007, 11:36:59 PM »
Yes...change the judging criteria and start placing guys with guts/ obvious synthol use/ gyno/ no detail/ etc.....down at the bottom of the order (and out of the money)

Watch how fast the physiques start to look like they should....

The problem is convincing the judges to change the criteria.......how do you do that?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2007, 11:38:42 PM »
But how do we as the fans make that happen?

That's the paradox....the fans want to see freaks for the most part, the ideals of symmetry and proportion and poise is nostalgic and all, but the fans arent willing to support it, either....

The Coach

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2007, 11:39:12 PM »
only a stupid person would take drug advice from an anonymous stranger online.

stupid people are allowed to poison, and kill themselves.

it makes the world better. darwinism at its finest.  if you are dumb enough to shoot insulin because some guy posing as a pro tells you to, it's probably better if you dont reproduce.

But unfortunatly some of the younger posters on here may not realize it or don't know any better and take it as gospel.