Author Topic: Review: Species Nutrition Isolyze Protein  (Read 5187 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Review: Species Nutrition Isolyze Protein
« on: September 01, 2007, 10:39:58 PM »
Ok let me first start off by saying that in no way am I affiliated with species nutrition or muscular development (other than having a subscription to the magazine).

Now for the review:

Species Nutrition Isolyze Whey isolate protein (http://www.speciesnutrition.com/productIsolyzeexplanation.html)

Flavour: Vanilla.

Positives:
1.This has to be the best damn tasting protein I’ve ever had. The Vanilla flavour taste like a damn bowl of ice cream, and that’s just with water added to it.

2.It mixes easily (can mix it with a spoon only) and does not clump in the least bit. So you don’t get any of those nasty powdery swallows of protein.

3.It does not cause any bloating or upset stomach; I am lactose intolerant, so this is very important. A lot of other whey proteins cause me a lot of intestinal distress if you get my drift, and Isolyze doesn’t do that whatsoever.

4.It has zero carbs and zero sugars……This is important for those of us who like a low carb diet, but like to drink a few protein shakes during the day, the few grams of carbs in my other protein shakes can really raise your daily carb intake without you even knowing it, and you don’t have to worry about this with Isolyze.

Negatives:

1.The price……….its $39.99 for a 2lb tub, which is only about 30 servings. I’ve had this protein for about a week, and im almost finished with this tub. Because of price alone I probably won’t be making this a regular addition to my diet. I sure would love to, but it’s just too damn expensive for the normal Joe like me.

That’s it for negatives, if it wasn’t for the steep price; this would be the best protein BAR NONE on the market. If Dave Palumbo can somehow get the price lower, and mass distribute this to a larger market, he’d have something big on his hands here. You can’t go wrong with it, it taste great, mixes great, and is lactose free. What more could you possibly want out of a protein powder?

ThePassion

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Review: Species Nutrition Isolyze Protein
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 11:14:13 PM »
Even though this is a Dave Palumbo made product..........I might have to try this out for myself

Thanx flexsteele for the review, insightful and a good read

Ok let me first start off by saying that in no way am I affiliated with species nutrition or muscular development (other than having a subscription to the magazine).

Now for the review:

Species Nutrition Isolyze Whey isolate protein (http://www.speciesnutrition.com/productIsolyzeexplanation.html)

Flavour: Vanilla.

Positives:
1.This has to be the best damn tasting protein I’ve ever had. The Vanilla flavour taste like a damn bowl of ice cream, and that’s just with water added to it.

2.It mixes easily (can mix it with a spoon only) and does not clump in the least bit. So you don’t get any of those nasty powdery swallows of protein.

3.It does not cause any bloating or upset stomach; I am lactose intolerant, so this is very important. A lot of other whey proteins cause me a lot of intestinal distress if you get my drift, and Isolyze doesn’t do that whatsoever.

4.It has zero carbs and zero sugars……This is important for those of us who like a low carb diet, but like to drink a few protein shakes during the day, the few grams of carbs in my other protein shakes can really raise your daily carb intake without you even knowing it, and you don’t have to worry about this with Isolyze.

Negatives:

1.The price……….its $39.99 for a 2lb tub, which is only about 30 servings. I’ve had this protein for about a week, and im almost finished with this tub. Because of price alone I probably won’t be making this a regular addition to my diet. I sure would love to, but it’s just too damn expensive for the normal Joe like me.

That’s it for negatives, if it wasn’t for the steep price; this would be the best protein BAR NONE on the market. If Dave Palumbo can somehow get the price lower, and mass distribute this to a larger market, he’d have something big on his hands here. You can’t go wrong with it, it taste great, mixes great, and is lactose free. What more could you possibly want out of a protein powder?

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 11:16:35 PM »
We all know this product is going to taste great and be the highest quality isolate on the market cos of palumbo's products are made to perfection....however one thing is not perfect....THE PRICE!

for this reason I honestly can never justify buying this protein...i can get a high quality isolate that tastes great high in bcaa's etc, and get 3 times more protein.

so the reason i dont get it is price.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

ThePassion

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 12:21:39 AM »
We all know this product is going to taste great and be the highest quality isolate on the market cos of palumbo's products are made to perfection....however one thing is not perfect....THE PRICE!

for this reason I honestly can never justify buying this protein...i can get a high quality isolate that tastes great high in bcaa's etc, and get 3 times more protein.

so the reason i dont get it is price.

Yea that price is bothering me, but I think i might just give it a shot

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 01:21:42 AM »
Yea that price is bothering me, but I think i might just give it a shot

You'll be glad you paid the price for the best tasting protein on the market.....That is if you can afford it

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 01:25:53 AM »
You'll be glad you paid the price for the best tasting protein on the market.....That is if you can afford it

my protein taste fantastic and it is 1/3 of the price of isolyze through the place i get it.

it also has as much protein as u can get, zero carbs, etc.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 06:37:24 AM »
$40 for 2 lbs seems like a lot!
You can get the same isolate from bulk companies for much less, and that's probably where he's getting the protein to begin with.
Y

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 06:58:34 AM »
Actually, I prefer protein blends.

And as much as I think Chris Mason needs to get real about squat depth ;D, the shit his company is doing with blends of egg albumen, whey isolate, caseinate et al, seems a better alternative.

Maybe there are other companies that have the same kind of blend, I just happen to know of Nitrean from At Large.

I know Jay Cutler's former sponsor had something similar.

JMO.
As empty as paradise

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 09:47:14 AM »
Anyone here try his Fat Burners ? Reason being is because I'm looking to try them myself ... according to Palumbo Stimulants, in general, mess up the Body so therefore HIS Fat Burners are Stimulant-Free. If you guys got time, check it out !

http://speciesnutrition.com/products.html

Alex23

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 01:17:15 PM »
Yea I've heard great things especially taste wise and quality of the protein. The only thing again is the price. 30 servings lasts me about 2 weeks.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »
Yea I've heard great things especially taste wise and quality of the protein. The only thing again is the price. 30 servings lasts me about 2 weeks.

Palumbo makes only high quality products........Some of the best on the market. I think he has to charge more because he distributes them on such a small scale, thats the only way he will make money, plus he uses such high quality ingredients, charging a large amount is the only way he'll make money

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 10:02:14 AM »
Anyone here try his Fat Burners ? Reason being is because I'm looking to try them myself ... according to Palumbo Stimulants, in general, mess up the Body so therefore HIS Fat Burners are Stimulant-Free. If you guys got time, check it out !

http://speciesnutrition.com/products.html

LOL, so stimulants mess up the body but 20 years of daily deca, winny, primo, sust injections doesn't mess the body up?

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 08:10:01 PM »
LOL, so stimulants mess up the body but 20 years of daily deca, winny, primo, sust injections doesn't mess the body up?

Well, I'm sure they do, however, I'm not taking the Steroids you listed ... I'm not taking Steroids at all as a matter of fact. But, do you think, in your honest opinion, that Stimulants mess up the Body ? That was my question.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 08:20:01 PM »
Remember, the price of whey and all dairy  is/has gone WAY up.  You'll see it in the grocery store too (milk, cheese, etc.).http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=142454.0
:

Alex23

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 10:29:42 PM »
Palumbo makes only high quality products........Some of the best on the market. I think he has to charge more because he distributes them on such a small scale, thats the only way he will make money, plus he uses such high quality ingredients, charging a large amount is the only way he'll make money
Where does he do his "manufacturing" ?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 01:18:59 AM »
shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 09:00:04 AM »
Has anyone tried this yet?? its a great product

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 09:47:02 AM »
Has anyone tried this yet?? its a great product

I have its awesome tasting but is expensive. Makes Muscletech cheap. It has about 27g per 29g scoop which is the best protein ratio I've ever seen. If you got alot of money laying around get it. You won't likely find a better product.