Author Topic: Why aren't Team Trop Guys in TOP shape?  (Read 6849 times)

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
Why aren't Team Trop Guys in TOP shape?
« on: September 02, 2007, 08:34:32 AM »
These guys are hype to be the next pros on the boards and they can get more than 8th place in the shows.
top ten is pretty good but the superheavies aren't that tough of a class.
Should Trop and kluco come in as heavies so they could really be conditioned...

Stavios

Re: Why aren't Team Trop Guys in TOP shape?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 08:37:41 AM »
you would have to cut them a whole leg to drop them to the heavies

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 08:42:58 AM »
you would have to cut them a whole leg to drop them to the heavies

not really.
the superheavies were not conditioned they (NPC) need to drop that class and quit worrying about weight...

Stavios

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 08:44:41 AM »
Steve was like 255-260 onstage

he didn't have 30+ pounds to lose to drop in the heavies

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 08:51:46 AM »
yes need to drop to heavys to win pro card,,midsection should be smaller and physiqe fuller,,with more muscle maturity that come from working the muscle at the 9-10 rep range with less power movments and more strict training with can only be done when poundage is dropped

kamali won his pro card in the light heavys,,kuclo need to win it in the heavys and only due to his height since if he was 5'10 id recomend him to compete with the light heavys

his physiqe is not ready to be 250lb on stage,,he needs to come smaller,,win card and then think 250
fallen angel

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 08:59:27 AM »
yes need to drop to heavys to win pro card,,midsection should be smaller and physiqe fuller,,with more muscle maturity that come from working the muscle at the 9-10 rep range with less power movments and more strict training with can only be done when poundage is dropped

kamali won his pro card in the light heavys,,kuclo need to win it in the heavys and only due to his height since if he was 5'10 id recomend him to compete with the light heavys

his physiqe is not ready to be 250lb on stage,,he needs to come smaller,,win card and then think 250

As Stavios said, its not like he had an extra 30lbs of fat and water. Do you think he should back off the doses to get down?

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 09:06:18 AM »
 SORRY.. I USUALLY AGREEE WITH WHAT GH SAYS BUT, STEVE COULD NOT HAVE DROPPED THAT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT.. in  couple of years that 250 will look completely different.. he is young and has time..

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 09:17:20 AM »
His guys do well.  I work with him and placed 5th in the Heavies at Jr Nats and 6th at last years NA's.  My wife works with him and took 4th at Jrs and 5th at last years NA's.  He had a figure girl go pro, Elena S took 2nd and 3rd at the USA's under him, her ex hubby took 2nd to Phil Heath at the Jrs in 05, Brad Davis just took 3rd at the NA's and took 2nd at Jrs in 05.  He has a very good track record.  Not everyone will do as well but one day they will.  Steve is just so young and his physique shows it.  Give him a couple of more years.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 09:18:39 AM »
As Stavios said, its not like he had an extra 30lbs of fat and water. Do you think he should back off the doses to get down?

he will get a pro card wether he is super heavy or heavy it wont matter,, he does need to drop weight because from what i see midseciton is not small enough,,arms fits a heavy,,i trained with couple fitness models that are 205-210lb on scale with arms ~ his size,,and back need more work

trust me on that one if bobbie chick didnt get his pro card in the 250s,,kuclo defenitely doesnt need to stand 250lb on stage,,he need to come 20lb lighter at the least,,that can still put him in the super heavy but he got to drop 20lb and sharpen and add detail to his physiqe

kuclo will look his best on stage at 220-230lb and will win a pro card the fastest at this weight while giving impression of being 240-250lb
fallen angel

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 09:36:55 AM »
Sorry people saying steve does not have 30lbs to loose must have never competed before, the guy looks horrible at that weight, and at 5'10" at 250 with no muscle maturity he looks like a muscle ball, drop it down to 225 crisp and clean. He's over doing it anyways (if he stays at that weight) I give him a shelf life of 5 years tops, pushing at that weight.

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 09:40:18 AM »
I feel bad for Steve because of the lofty expectations everyone puts on him. Do you guys forget that 2 years ago this guy was a teenager? Did you guys expect someone who just recently turned 22 to walk in to his first national show and walk over everyone? One of the historians here might know.....has there ever been a 22 year old or younger superheavyweight that won a pro card in his first national outing? I think you guys are putting unreal expectations on him. Steve has been living in Texas. Trop was with me down here in San Diego last weekend and he said he hasnt been able to help Steve much this prep....that he is kind of doing his own thing and Justin gave him a little advice here and there over the phone. Regardless, I thought that was a pretty damn good national debut. Congrats to Steve, he absolutely exceeded my expectations of him. He is only going to get better and better. You guys have to ease up and give him some time here.....he has accomplished so much between 18-22.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 09:48:29 AM »
there is zero doubt in my mind that this kid will win the o in the next 10-15 years if he stays in the sport of bodybuilding,,my recomendations to him was incase he wanted to get the pro card at age 23 and not 26,,
this is mr o in the making,,he needs to concentrate on bodybuilding and bodybuilding only if he can
fallen angel

Stavios

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »
I feel bad for Steve because of the lofty expectations everyone puts on him. Do you guys forget that 2 years ago this guy was a teenager? Did you guys expect someone who just recently turned 22 to walk in to his first national show and walk over everyone? One of the historians here might know.....has there ever been a 22 year old or younger superheavyweight that won a pro card in his first national outing? I think you guys are putting unreal expectations on him. Steve has been living in Texas. Trop was with me down here in San Diego last weekend and he said he hasnt been able to help Steve much this prep....that he is kind of doing his own thing and Justin gave him a little advice here and there over the phone. Regardless, I thought that was a pretty damn good national debut. Congrats to Steve, he absolutely exceeded my expectations of him. He is only going to get better and better. You guys have to ease up and give him some time here.....he has accomplished so much between 18-22.

bump for the truth   :D

I also want to say that he would have done better if he didn't carb up at all and came in a little more flat (like his 1 weeks out pics)

just my 2 cents

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 09:56:41 AM »
Guys....I didn't work with Steve for this show.  He was in Texas for his prep.  He did his prep himself this year, and IMO looked the best he ever has going into the last week. 
He's only 22 years old, and placed top 10 in a pro qualifier, which is something quite remarkable.   

Expectations are going to be very high for him, but that is good.  He will meet those expectations soon enough. 

If you're going to criticize my competitors, please use the competitors that I did work with.

I worked with Dave Bair in the light heavies.  Dave took 3rd in the middles at the Jr. Nationals last year, and moved up a whole weight class this year.  Even with moving up a weight class, I feel he was in good condition, and if he could present his physique better with posing, he could have done much better. 

I also worked with Anita Nickolich in the Women's light heavies, and IMO, she was one of the best conditioned athletes in the show. 

Criticism comes with the territory when you present your physique on stage, but if you're going to criticize my work, please use clients I worked with. 
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Stavios

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 10:12:44 AM »
don't take the critism personal Justin, most people here don't know what they are talking about

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »
Steve has improved a lot over the last few years.

He has good lines and muscle separation...I hope he doesn't play the mass game that seems to ruin a lot of pro physiques.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 10:18:26 AM »
yes and all the critics are like hungover coal miners who blew their paychecks on friday night.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 11:03:56 AM »
there is zero doubt in my mind that this kid will go bald and lose his kidneys in the next 10-15 years if he stays in the sport of bodybuilding,,my recomendations to him was incase he wanted to die early proceed the same route.
this is shit in the making,,he needs to concentrate on bodybuilding and bodybuilding only if he can

yea i agree

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »
All Drugs.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 11:09:35 AM »
Guys....I didn't work with Steve for this show.  He was in Texas for his prep.  He did his prep himself this year, and IMO looked the best he ever has going into the last week. 
He's only 22 years old, and placed top 10 in a pro qualifier, which is something quite remarkable.   

Expectations are going to be very high for him, but that is good.  He will meet those expectations soon enough. 

If you're going to criticize my competitors, please use the competitors that I did work with.

I worked with Dave Bair in the light heavies.  Dave took 3rd in the middles at the Jr. Nationals last year, and moved up a whole weight class this year.  Even with moving up a weight class, I feel he was in good condition, and if he could present his physique better with posing, he could have done much better. 

I also worked with Anita Nickolich in the Women's light heavies, and IMO, she was one of the best conditioned athletes in the show. 

Criticism comes with the territory when you present your physique on stage, but if you're going to criticize my work, please use clients I worked with. 
Prep.  What is this meaningless euphemism?  All one does is eat less.  Or in fact, that is all one needs to do.  Prep is just a buzzword used to generate some sort of semblance of supposed self-importance.

affy

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 11:10:38 AM »
Prep.  What is this meaningless euphemism?  All one does is eat less.  Or in fact, that is all one needs to do.  Prep is just a buzzword used to generate some sort of semblance of supposed self-importance.

welcome back...hows the 'prep' for mr. getbig2 going?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 11:11:04 AM »
yes and all the critics are like hungover coal miners who blew their paychecks on friday night.
Or have been dead, weeks ago, on a friday night.  Think about it and it will make sense.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2007, 11:12:39 AM »
welcome back...hows the 'prep' for mr. getbig2 going?
Is there some sort of contest? Can I choose to take my winnings in cash or donate the winnings to a charity of my choice?

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2007, 11:57:55 AM »
Is there some sort of contest? Can I choose to take my winnings in cash or donate the winnings to a charity of my choice?
Welcome back my friend! Your presence has been greatly missed here.

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 12:25:29 PM »

Oh boy here we go again.  Mr Drama back at it.