Author Topic: Question for anybody  (Read 1612 times)

FloridaMuscle

• Getbig II
  • live to train, train to live
Question for anybody
« on: September 03, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »
I had a quick off season dieting question for anybody who can help.... Im eating every 2 hours right now and training as heavy as possible. ..In your experience's do you have to pack in thiings like pizza and cheese to grow or can I still get get good off season results by eating clean all year? any suggestions ? .....thanks everybody

trab

• Getbig V
Re: Question for anybody
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 03:51:08 PM »
Do you tend towards putting on fat, or are you bony?
If your bony, eat everything High Callorie till you just start to lose abs.

You are either bulking, slightly swollen and holding some water while you gain new size and strength, or you are Cutting up/ refining the mass you built. . Same for a Natural or chemical fiend.

If your like 5' 10" and less than about 210-220lbs... IMO you have no business cutting up.
Why build then lose muscle? If you want to look swim team like, its a plan. If you want to look strong its not.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:21:51 AM »
I had a quick off season dieting question for anybody who can help.... Im eating every 2 hours right now and training as heavy as possible. ..In your experience's do you have to pack in thiings like pizza and cheese to grow or can I still get get good off season results by eating clean all year? any suggestions ? .....thanks everybody

Only you can know that. You have to manipulate your body. See what you can and cannot eat and take it from there. No one else can figure it our for you.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 08:02:13 AM »

why would you eat every 2 hours? why not fewer bigger meals and thus enabling you to have more free time?

if you want to grow you need to eat more calories than you use per day, consuming 1 g/ per lb bw (maybe up to 1.25)....the smart thing would be to eat mostly "clean calories" and add in some junk....you can eat 100% junk food and grow (if you eat more calories than you use with adequate protein intake) but why would you..as internal health is important too. Its not a question of junk calories vs clean calories..its a question of enough calories with enough protein (with common sense and within reason).

if your 365lbs of muscle and need 9000 calories per day it will obviously hard to eat all that from chicken breast and rice.(and it can be an idea to eat more caloric dense foods).but most people dont need those amount of calories and thus should eat mostly clean....

as for exact amounts..i dont know your daily caloric expenditure...just go by feel if you gain fat too fast cut down on calories...if you loose weight increase them slighly...you have to judge for yourself...

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 08:37:29 PM »
if you really want to gain, i would say get 2grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and anything you want beyond that. let your bodyfat levels dictate how much junk calories you consume, but never jepardize your protein for junk calories.

jakeflips

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 10:33:32 PM »
I am extremely ectomorphic, and I tried to bulk at one point, only watching the amount of protein i got, and just eating whatever really.  But I noticed out of all the weight I gained, very little of it was quality.  Beyond that, I felt like crap most of the time.  I am a big supporter of staying pretty lean in the offseason, and eating pretty clean year around.

I wouldn't eat every 2 hours in the off season, but still probably every 3.  I personally try to get 1.5 grams of protein and 3 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight.  This works for me, but maybe not for others.  I generally eat the same stuff everyday, but probably have two cheat meals in a week.

-Jake

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 04:54:34 AM »
if you really want to gain, i would say get 2grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and anything you want beyond that. let your bodyfat levels dictate how much junk calories you consume, but never jepardize your protein for junk calories.

eating that amount of protein will just mean that he will be using alot of that protein as (expensive) energy.