Author Topic: Sow dog lost 15 pounds!!!  (Read 3831 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Sow dog lost 15 pounds!!!
« on: September 04, 2007, 11:51:42 AM »
Addie had her preop visit today and has lost 15 pounds!! Her last visit she was told to lose 15-20 pounds so this is good!!  She weighed in about 124-125.

Her spaying has been rescheduled to the 19th because other surgeries came up and squeezing her in would not be good for her vet or for her (I don't want an overtired vet doing surgery on her).  A spay on a dog he size is not a quick endeavor. 

So her diet continues........... 
:P

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Sow dog lost 15 pounds!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 12:21:35 PM »

Flower, how did she gain the extra weight?   Was she finishing the other dogs' meals?
R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 12:25:14 PM »

juicin'

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 01:21:42 PM »

Flower, how did she gain the extra weight?   Was she finishing the other dogs' meals?

i think because she was underweight when she came here I just fed her more than she needed even after she was at a decent weight.  That and the fact that she WHINES.   ::)   You'd think she's starving to death.  So I started giving her a bit less and trimming of more fat and she trimmed down.   Also being able to walk all of them together probably helps.  Longer walks overall, more exercise.  It was over 8 months, she was 140 or so in December, so I didn't starve her or anything.  I was thinking that once she was spayed I would give her a bit more at meals.  It's hard on the vet himself to do surgery on a big dog so I wanted her lighter for their safety also.  I guess she will have to be on her diet a few more weeks now.  She could probably still lose that other 5 pounds he had suggested back in December.  Her and Tad are the ones I have to watch their weights.  Briona and Emmett have never been a problem.  Tad because of his size a little overweight looks like a lot, and I hate barrel shaped Chi's!   He was up a tad (hee hee) over 7 pounds at one point, now he is a tad (hee hee) over 6 pounds.  It is sometimes hard not to overfeed him because it looks like he get soooooo little compared to everyone else!! lol  He technically pumps his legs 5 times more than the big dogs to keep pace, so he burns it off!

Addie is still strong as hell though!!!  I notice her weight loss looking at her, not by handling her.     

I'm going to have to trim her nails though.   >:(  I was avoiding it because I knew that they would do them while she was under, but they can't wait till the 19th!! 

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 01:25:43 PM »
Maybe you can put me on a diet Flower. I was at the Docs Friday and weighed 227lbs and I would love to go back to about 195( I know my abs are down there some where!) My combine HDL/LDL was 300 so I figure I will die soon if not  :D
X

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 01:35:08 PM »
what's a sow dog ?

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 02:19:18 PM »
Maybe you can put me on a diet Flower. I was at the Docs Friday and weighed 227lbs and I would love to go back to about 195( I know my abs are down there some where!) My combine HDL/LDL was 300 so I figure I will die soon if not  :D

No kidding, I wonder if she can help me get down to the 308's for the contest in October...  ;D  ;)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 02:47:34 PM »
No kidding, I wonder if she can help me get down to the 308's for the contest in October...  ;D  ;)

wtf? how much do you weigh?

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 03:06:49 PM »
wtf? how much do you weigh?

LOL.   ;)

I'm not a small man. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 06:53:16 PM »
LOL.   ;)

I'm not a small man. 

Nor does his voice make him sound like one...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 06:57:45 PM »
LOL.   ;)

I'm not a small man. 

fond of understatements, aren't we?  ;)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 08:00:44 PM »
Nor does his voice make him sound like one...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL.  I've had a couple of offers/demands to do a weekend call in radio show.  I'm thinking about it.  ;) 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 08:24:06 PM »
LOL.   ;)

I'm not a small man. 
understatement of the year?

Vet do you at least workout seriously? as in several times a week? How did you end up on getbig?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 09:08:18 PM »
understatement of the year?

Vet do you at least workout seriously? as in several times a week? How did you end up on getbig?

Oh good grief...  Do you?   ::)

I've been hanging around Getbig for almost 6 years and its these questions that still make me laugh.  I first came here when I got a wild hair up my ass to cut down to the 242's... I'm still not sure what I was thinking.  I basically wasted two years and lost a ton of strenght.  Other than this board, I probably post the most on the powerlifting board, although I hang around the history board quite a bit.   

What I do in the gym isn't any sort of secret.  I'm a powerlifter.  I'm in the weight room 4 nights a week.   I do cardio at home the other three.  One day per week I work unusual lifts--typically things like kettlebell work, sled dragging, sandbags, carrying hay bales, etc---basically GPP work.   

I usually compete as a 308.  I've competed as a SHW in local contests, but I'm not comfortable at the heavier weights.  Right now I'm training for a RAW contest this fall where I hope to bench at least 515-525.   I've done 515 of a 3 board within the last month, so I think its going to be reasonable.  I'm also considering doing a full meet this fall, but work may interfere with that weekend because of a special event at work.   I will hopefully total elite in single ply poly gear as a 308 within the next 2 years.  Thats my goal at least.

There, that answer your question?   I also wear a size 16 1/2 wedding ring, I have an 8 3/4 inch wrist, I wear a size 13 (american) shoe and I've been with the same woman for 14 years.   :P

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 09:14:34 PM »
Oh good grief...  Do you?   ::)

I've been hanging around Getbig for almost 6 years and its these questions that still make me laugh.  I first came here when I got a wild hair up my ass to cut down to the 242's... I'm still not sure what I was thinking.  I basically wasted two years and lost a ton of strenght.  Other than this board, I probably post the most on the powerlifting board, although I hang around the history board quite a bit.   

What I do in the gym isn't any sort of secret.  I'm a powerlifter.  I'm in the weight room 4 nights a week.   I do cardio at home the other three.  One day per week I work unusual lifts--typically things like kettlebell work, sled dragging, sandbags, carrying hay bales, etc---basically GPP work.   

I usually compete as a 308.  I've competed as a SHW in local contests, but I'm not comfortable at the heavier weights.  Right now I'm training for a RAW contest this fall where I hope to bench at least 515-525.   I've done 515 of a 3 board within the last month, so I think its going to be reasonable.  I'm also considering doing a full meet this fall, but work may interfere with that weekend because of a special event at work.   I will hopefully total elite as a 308 within the next 2 years.  Thats my goal at least.

There, that answer your question?   I also wear a size 16 1/2 wedding ring, I have an 8 3/4 inch wrist, I wear a size 13 (american) shoe and I've been with the same woman for 14 years.   :P
first ?= yes I do.

Cool that you're into powerlifting, I didn't know that, I only know your posts from the pet board, smartass.

Yes it answers my question. Don't know my wedding ring size, big enough. I have an 8 1/2 wrist, I wear a size 12.5 or 13 American, and I've been with the same woman 9 years.

If I would have known you were going to spazz out, I wouldn't have asked. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 09:17:02 PM »
first ?= yes I do.

Cool that you're into powerlifting, I didn't know that, I only know your posts from the pet board, smartass.

Yes it answers my question. Don't know my wedding ring size, big enough. I have an 8 1/2 wrist, I wear a size 12.5 or 13 American, and I've been with the same woman 9 years.

If I would have known you were going to spazz out, I wouldn't have asked. ::)

LOL.  Dude, look back at your question.   I just responded to what I took to be the tone of the question.  Its no big deal. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 09:22:02 PM »
LOL.  Dude, look back at your question.   I just responded to what I took to be the tone of the question.  Its no big deal. 
nope, no big deal :P

I was just wondering what a 300+lbs vet was doing on getbig, didn't know about the powerlifting, what state are you in?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 09:28:37 PM »
nope, no big deal :P

I was just wondering what a 300+lbs vet was doing on getbig, didn't know about the powerlifting, what state are you in?

SE US.   I haven't lived here a year yet though.   I was splitting between Columbus Ohio and NYC before that. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 09:37:37 PM »
SE US.   I haven't lived here a year yet though.   I was splitting between Columbus Ohio and NYC before that. 
oh, friend of mine is competing next weekend in Venice.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 09:47:08 PM »
oh, friend of mine is competing next weekend in Venice.

That the USPF MuscleBeach contest? 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 09:57:52 PM »
That the USPF MuscleBeach contest? 
yeah I think so, he says he's going to break state records, I think bench and squat is what he wants. Pretty funny looking in his "suit"
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 10:22:38 PM »
yeah I think so, he says he's going to break state records, I think bench and squat is what he wants. Pretty funny looking in his "suit"

USPF is single ply poly gear.   Those are the kind of contests I like to do.   ;)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 05:31:34 AM »
Vet has to wear bright colors to work so he doesn't mistakenly get shot with a tranquilizer gun.             ;D

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 09:50:55 AM »
Vet has to wear bright colors to work so he doesn't mistakenly get shot with a tranquilizer gun.             ;D

I'm more into earthy colors, browns and greens.   ;)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 09:53:51 AM »
I'm more into earthy colors, browns and greens.   ;)

At least wear an orange safety stripe!!!   ;D