Author Topic: Hit a Rut.........  (Read 2213 times)

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
Hit a Rut.........
« on: September 04, 2007, 02:26:41 PM »
I am not sure what I have exactly but I think it may be tendinitis, I cant even shake someones hand without it hurting, I am going to the Dr. tomorrow, but all I expect him to do is give me anti inflam's

Anyone else had this? The research I have pulled up calls it "tennis elbow"

I have my first show in Oct, and CANNOT miss it,

Anything I can do or take to get rid of this? I have heard about cortisone shots but I don't know, maybe Ill just shoot 10ml of Deca in there.!.!
U

trab

• Getbig V
Re: Hit a Rut.........
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »
Ive had no luck w/ tendonitus w/ DECA. It dont make it worse, but expect worse after the Deca is gone.
ANti-inflamatories dont seem to do jack either.

Acupuncture (electro-acupuncture) has improved it for me. They can hit several spots during a treatment. So if you got some other nagging spots, its more efficant...

Tendonitus sucks. Alternate Ice to heat packs, and hot muscle lotions w/ a nerophane elbow wrap over them
speeds circulation.

Ive found it better to train the area lightly w/ movments that cause as close to zero pain as I can find.
Stop training it dont seem to speed up recovery. It can really drag on.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 03:02:13 PM »
Cortisone shots helped my wrist big time but don't plan on training for a while after that injection.

Most guys get tendonitis in the elbows from over-training arms. let me look through my kinesiology book and find the medical reference, it has a website reference with real studies. it basicly says that overuse of the elbow is very common in weight lifting and it goes on to talk about how training biceps and triceps with "isolation" movements isn't really needed. note: you cannot isolate a muscle but you get my point.

8)

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 04:49:35 PM »
Cortisone shots helped my wrist big time but don't plan on training for a while after that injection.

Most guys get tendonitis in the elbows from over-training arms. let me look through my kinesiology book and find the medical reference, it has a website reference with real studies. it basicly says that overuse of the elbow is very common in weight lifting and it goes on to talk about how training biceps and triceps with "isolation" movements isn't really needed. note: you cannot isolate a muscle but you get my point.

8)

I agree, would you mind telling us what your arm workouts are?  I had a similar problem when I first started lifting that I would constantly strain the tendons in my inner elbow from doing too many bicep isolation exercises.

uckmo

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »
it hurts that bad? I have that right now went to the Dr's I suggested a cortisone shot but he said I should wait a couple of weeks and just leave it alone.it don't hurt that bad. I still lift but I'm doing lighter then what I use.
I think it will go away on its own.
its more like a tingling sensation that annoys me more then the pain.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 06:33:45 PM »
I do my arms and back on Fridays or every 4th day

Routine.
Front Lat pull down (machine, shoulder wide grip) 3 6-8

Barbell rows  3 6-8

Seated cable rows (machine, narrow grip) 1 12

Dumbbell curls (seated) 3 12

Concentration curls (dumbbell) 3 12

Overhead triceps dumbbell press 3 12

Dumbbell Kick backs 3 12

Forearm barbell curls (wrist curls) 2 12

U

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 06:44:29 PM »
Maybe you should train differently. I've got a little bit here & there - when it flairs up I move to high rep training. I'd recommend dropping the weight & upping the reps (I'm talking about sets of 25+ reps).

You could also figure out which movements don't bother you & then do more sets of those.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 07:11:14 PM »
Maybe you should train differently. I've got a little bit here & there - when it flairs up I move to high rep training. I'd recommend dropping the weight & upping the reps (I'm talking about sets of 25+ reps).

You could also figure out which movements don't bother you & then do more sets of those.
Yeah, I agree. You might start doing arms on their own day. Back training takes a lot out of your grip by itself, so splitting this up may help.

Also, and I was very skeptical of this at first but now I think it may be a good thing. There is a juice supplement called Mona-Vie that you might look into, that prides itself on helping with this sort of thing. Like I said, I was very skeptical of this when I first heard about it, as I am with all supplements, but this seems to be the real deal. For instance, my mother, who has horrible carpeltunel in both hands, and I mean really bad, started taking some of this stuff about a 6wks ago. She's been in agonizing pain with this stuff for about 2yrs and the doctors she's been to said surgery was the only option. Well she took the stuff for 3wks and her pain almost completely dissipated. After that 3wk period she stopped taking it just to see if it was really the Mona-Vie that was helping or something else...BTW, she was taking nothing else during this time. After she got off the supplement the pain came back...she got back on and the pain is almost gone again. I've also talked to a handfull of other people who say the same kind of thing. BTW, the stuff is not cheap at all, but it seems to be legit...check it out if you're interested.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 09:14:28 AM »
Yeah, I agree. You might start doing arms on their own day. Back training takes a lot out of your grip by itself, so splitting this up may help.

Also, and I was very skeptical of this at first but now I think it may be a good thing. There is a juice supplement called Mona-Vie that you might look into, that prides itself on helping with this sort of thing. Like I said, I was very skeptical of this when I first heard about it, as I am with all supplements, but this seems to be the real deal. For instance, my mother, who has horrible carpeltunel in both hands, and I mean really bad, started taking some of this stuff about a 6wks ago. She's been in agonizing pain with this stuff for about 2yrs and the doctors she's been to said surgery was the only option. Well she took the stuff for 3wks and her pain almost completely dissipated. After that 3wk period she stopped taking it just to see if it was really the Mona-Vie that was helping or something else...BTW, she was taking nothing else during this time. After she got off the supplement the pain came back...she got back on and the pain is almost gone again. I've also talked to a handfull of other people who say the same kind of thing. BTW, the stuff is not cheap at all, but it seems to be legit...check it out if you're interested.

WHere do they sell it AJ? And how spendy?
Some injuries (like my low back) get to the point - Try anything.
All the damn Pharma gut rot they've dumped down my gullet over the years mostly dont do jack...
Seems like about a 3:1 ratio of meds to counteract the first one they give out....
And, the bastards allways got another they badly want me to guinie pig for them.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »
WHere do they sell it AJ? And how spendy?
Some injuries (like my low back) get to the point - Try anything.
All the damn Pharma gut rot they've dumped down my gullet over the years mostly dont do jack...
Seems like about a 3:1 ratio of meds to counteract the first one they give out....
And, the bastards allways got another they badly want me to guinie pig for them.
It's around $40 a bottle and a bottle last about 2wks...depends on how much you take but 2wks seems about normal. My sisters boy friend works with someone who's involved with the company that's how I found out about it. So my mom gets it directly from him but I'm not sure where you would get it but I'll find out who carries it and post it.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
THnx. I think our food lacks a lot compared to the old days.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 06:04:20 PM »
AJ let me know on that, I dont care if its 200.00 a bottle if it works.
U

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 07:08:45 PM »
U

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 07:13:49 PM »
It looks good, Does it tase good? I hope not, It wouldnt last long in my fridge  ;)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 09:10:56 PM »
Ahhh, yes Acai berrys! I am surprised these kind of products are not more popular. Acai is a powerhouse full of nutrients and I swear by its healing properties and its anti-oxidant punch!!

Add tendonitis cure as well...I suppose

As for training, you need to seperate back/arms. That alone could save you $40 a bottle. That is wayyy too much strain on even healthy tendons!! Especially if you are depleted from dieting, no wonder you are hurting! And when you do, train Tris first then bis and feel the differance, you will be glad you did!  :D

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 04:35:36 PM »
Well going to try Acupuncture tomorrow and Thursday and I will be taking the Mona-Vie as soon as it arives, I tried doing Skull Crushers yesterday and I almost lost it.

Worst feeling in the World, I had a meeting today with some local vendors and almost cried when I shook the first guys hand and then just ended up telling the second guy that I pulled a muscle.
U

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 04:46:31 PM »
Well going to try Acupuncture tomorrow and Thursday and I will be taking the Mona-Vie as soon as it arives, I tried doing Skull Crushers yesterday and I almost lost it.

Worst feeling in the World, I had a meeting today with some local vendors and almost cried when I shook the first guys hand and then just ended up telling the second guy that I pulled a muscle.

Acupuncture tends to either have a good noticible effect in a day, or not work for that problem.
Just relax and unwind while you sit there. We aint all freakY about a few pins, but its not a normal thing for Westerners. See if it helps.
Its absolutely outstanding for muscle spasam IME.

If you got some other nagging aches and pains, they can often hit several spots at a time.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 05:23:31 PM »
Acupuncture tends to either have a good noticible effect in a day, or not work for that problem.
Just relax and unwind while you sit there. We aint all freakY about a few pins, but its not a normal thing for Westerners. See if it helps.
Its absolutely outstanding for muscle spasam IME.

If you got some other nagging aches and pains, they can often hit several spots at a time.

Not squirmish at all with pins. . . lol

I am going to be taking pics and maybe a video

Trab, Curious on the price. . . I am getting two sessions for 300.00, does that sound about right?
U

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 06:28:49 PM »
Not squirmish at all with pins. . . lol

I am going to be taking pics and maybe a video

Trab, Curious on the price. . . I am getting two sessions for 300.00, does that sound about right?

Sounds high. They do up the 1st session price, and I have not been in for a year, but last time I paid $75.oo
and Shes Very thoroughal.
Shes in Madison if your swinging by, I can get ya her Ph# and address. Right off the West Beltline, minutes from the Interstate.

Pm me if ya want it, you run right on by there anyway at times.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 11:36:52 AM »
I am not sure what I have exactly but I think it may be tendinitis, I cant even shake someones hand without it hurting, I am going to the Dr. tomorrow, but all I expect him to do is give me anti inflam's

Anyone else had this? The research I have pulled up calls it "tennis elbow"

I have my first show in Oct, and CANNOT miss it,

Anything I can do or take to get rid of this? I have heard about cortisone shots but I don't know, maybe Ill just shoot 10ml of Deca in there.!.!

If you still plan on making that show, I'd suggest going with quality over quantity in your training but you're going to have to give the grip some rest or it will set you back permanently.

Get a true diagnosis from the doc and make sure it's nothing serious.

Forget about cortisone as it will atrophy the surrounding supporting tissue and that is the last thing you want with the wrist.

A weak wrist is one of the worst things possible if you are lifting heavy.

Might be time to use straps on all lifts if you are worried about losing it at the heavier weights.

Don't let your ego override your common sense, udez.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...