Author Topic: PLANCHE PUSH-UPS VIDEO  (Read 8330 times)

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
Re: PLANCHE PUSH-UPS VIDEO
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2007, 09:37:32 AM »
btw take a good look at some gymnasts, they have really good developed upperbodies and are very lean. More impressive than 99% of the serious gym-go-ers I see.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2007, 11:53:47 AM »
btw take a good look at some gymnasts, they have really good developed upperbodies and are very lean. More impressive than 99% of the serious gym-go-ers I see.

yeah I would be very interested to see what they look like juiced up.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2007, 12:26:30 PM »
Gymnast=Gay
Bodybuilder (who poses in oil for other men in skimpy underwear, which are sometimes rolled in to see the whole butt)= not gay

Gymnast (who spends years perfecting a talent or art) = Gay
Bodybuilder (spend $2000 to "compete" against other men who spend the same amount on drugs to win a $4 trophy) = not gay

Gymnast (something really few people have the coordination to do and requires a high degree of skill) = Gay
Bodybuilder (something that requires only genetics, drugs, and maybe 6 months at a gym to get results) = Not Gay

Hope this helps. ;)

croatch (dude who posts on a bbing board but has a pathological and obsessive resentment of bbers) = gay guy who was raped by bber.

most knowledgeable people don't get strength training and gymnastics confused.

btw, everything is relative. i don't see many gymnasts doing squats with 800lbs on their backs or sprinting sub 10 seconds 100metres, but then maybe their core is a little weak ??? ::)

don't let your jealousy and low self esteem issues make you completely stupid.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
don't let your jealousy and low self esteem issues make you completely stupid.

practice what you preach

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2007, 12:28:30 PM »

no, that's right, a gymnast would never take steroids.

could you be any more ignorant?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2007, 12:30:23 PM »

The Coach

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2007, 12:46:20 PM »
stronger at that move, maybe, but so what?

next you'll say he has a stronger core. right, that's how come john bernor can squat 720x5 without a belt, right? ::)

oh but wait, bernor's fat, which means he's out of shape. now you didn't say anything about shape, just strength. you're wrong no matter what, bud. all we see there is he's very coordinated. his body works well as a unit.

he ain't stronger than most of us, i'd wager. let alone "anyone". i guaranfuckingtee you i could get someone doing that kind of pushup far faster than i could get them benching 500 pounds.

notice how the "related videos" has whole shitload of people doing those things. how many people bench more than 5 plates? hmm...

I can tear this post apart in so many different ways it ain't even funny!

Master Blaster

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2007, 12:51:07 PM »
ShiftedShapes:

What are your workouts like these days? Can't remember if you eliminated all free weight exercises, or just reduced the weight.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2007, 02:08:07 PM »
no, that's right, a gymnast would never take steroids.

could you be any more ignorant?

yeah I could be as stupid as you.

I never said they weren't on any gear at all, but they are clearly nowhere near BBer doses.  These guys are tested randomly year round.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2007, 02:21:46 PM »
ShiftedShapes:

What are your workouts like these days? Can't remember if you eliminated all free weight exercises, or just reduced the weight.

with the exception of some squatting and deadlift variations (a lot of which I do balanced on one leg) Ifor which I use barbells and dumbells, I do all of my exercises with bodyweight.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »
That is extremely hard, and very, very impressive.

May look ghey and all, but try it out if you doubt me. The handstand pushups are hard enough, but the full parallel extension pushups are beyond impressive. The amount of ab, back and shoulder strength required to do those is obscene.....It is not so much the 'push' aspect, but the suspension of the body is murderous.

Smartest thing said on this thread. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2007, 02:44:46 PM »
dont you get it yet? it depends on how you define stronger, einstein.

some people here think, that a fat guy belly bumbing a 600lbs barbell 3 inches while wearing a bench shirt that wont allow him to even lower less than 500 to his belly is the ultimate and only test of strength.  ::)

Think of NFL linemen, two people pushing each other, the one who wins is stronger. I don't think that gymnast would fare too well against a lot of Getbiggers, but hey he can support his own weight, he must be stronger than anyone on here! ::)
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2007, 02:49:47 PM »
yeah I could be as stupid as you.

I never said they weren't on any gear at all, but they are clearly nowhere near BBer doses.  These guys are tested randomly year round.

umm, no, that's not what you said.

you said this:

...and how are they 'clearly nowhere near bber doses'?

just admit you have no idea about what you're talking about...again ::) and stfu.

developing core strength is a very good idea for any athlete, but i find it a little pretentious when people start saying that people that perform gymnastics are as strong/stronger than p/lifters, etc.

to find these type of comments on a board like this reeks of ignorance.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »
umm, no, that's not what you said.

you said this:

...and how are they 'clearly nowhere near bber doses'?

just admit you have no idea about what you're talking about...again ::) and stfu.

developing core strength is a very good idea for any athlete, but i find it a little pretentious when people start saying that people that perform gymnastics are as strong/stronger than p/lifters, etc.

to find these type of comments on a board like this reeks of ignorance.

you are an idiot.

Master Blaster

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2007, 04:26:16 PM »
with the exception of some squatting and deadlift variations (a lot of which I do balanced on one leg) Ifor which I use barbells and dumbells, I do all of my exercises with bodyweight.

Don't you miss supersetting bodyparts like bi's and tri's and getting a good pump going? Not that you can't replicate that without dumbells and cabels, I just can't see it as being as satisfying.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2007, 06:31:39 PM »
dont you get it yet? it depends on how you define stronger, einstein.

some people here think, that a fat guy belly bumbing a 600lbs barbell 3 inches while wearing a bench shirt that wont allow him to even lower less than 500 to his belly is the ultimate and only test of strength.  ::)

i like this definition:

"The magnitude of physical strength, often referred to as just strength, determines the ability of a person or animal to exert force on physical objects using muscles."

can this guy exert more force on an object than people on here? fuck no.

he is, however, extremely athletic and can do something that the majority of us cannot. to call him "stronger" is just stupid. more coordinated? sure. more athletic? no doubt. stronger? no.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2007, 08:27:50 PM »
i like this definition:

"The magnitude of physical strength, often referred to as just strength, determines the ability of a person or animal to exert force on physical objects using muscles."

can this guy exert more force on an object than people on here? fuck no.

he is, however, extremely athletic and can do something that the majority of us cannot. to call him "stronger" is just stupid. more coordinated? sure. more athletic? no doubt. stronger? no.

you have to also consider the range of motion in which the athlete can apply strength.  Most strongmen can't even do a simple handstand or iron cross.  So they are very weak in these ranges of motion.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2007, 08:32:09 PM »
Don't you miss supersetting bodyparts like bi's and tri's and getting a good pump going? Not that you can't replicate that without dumbells and cabels, I just can't see it as being as satisfying.

actually I can get a way better pump now by doing drop sets except instead of dropping plates I reduce torque (and thus increase mechanical advantage) on the muscles that I'm working.

I also can adjust the torque by altering body position during the range of motion so as to apply more torque in the stronger portions of the ROM and less in the weaker portions.  Kind of like using chains or bands for benching.

Body weight exercises allow for infinitely more customization and intensity than free weights or machines.  It just takes a while to figure it out.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2007, 08:39:27 PM »
Not disputing that, but on the flip side a top gymnast will see more financial and life benefits from it than any bodybuilder.

Gymnastics is one of the top watched things when the Olympics air, millions of people worldwide watch it, while bodybuilding is relegated to webcasts.

True to a certain extent. But you do realise these gymnasts are usually considered washed up at the ripe old age of 20?

The guys move on to become P.E. teachers and the girls become squatty looking hags.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »
True to a certain extent. But you do realise these gymnasts are usually considered washed up at the ripe old age of 20?

The guys move on to become P.E. teachers and the girls become squatty looking hags.

a lot of girls are washed up at 20, guys peak much later, just like other sports

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2007, 08:43:29 PM »
a lot of girls are washed up at 20, guys peak much later, just like other sports

What other sports?

Kickball? Tag? Hide and Go Seek?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2007, 09:01:36 PM »
What other sports?

Kickball? Tag? Hide and Go Seek?

don't come at me with this BS

I gave you a reasoned reply to your comment, either acknowledge you were wrong or just go away.

Oh wait I forgot that's not how life works.  Stupid people who are wrong most of the time are also usually insecure and petty so they never admit their mistakes.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2007, 09:57:04 PM »
don't come at me with this BS

I gave you a reasoned reply to your comment, either acknowledge you were wrong or just go away.

Oh wait I forgot that's not how life works.  Stupid people who are wrong most of the time are also usually insecure and petty so they never admit their mistakes.

Whoa. Looks like poor ShiftedShapes got stumped and queefed in his panties.

Settle down stupid.

SaleenS7525T

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2007, 11:42:50 PM »
Male gymnasts generally peak in their 20's and can often last at a world class level into their early 30's. The guy in the first video, Jordan Jovchev, won the silver on rings(should have won) at I think 34 at the 2004 olympics. It is female gymnasts that peak very early.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2007, 11:47:30 PM »
you have to also consider the range of motion in which the athlete can apply strength.  Most strongmen can't even do a simple handstand or iron cross.  So they are very weak in these ranges of motion.

no you dingbat they're weak thanks to the COORDINATION. jesse marunde could push press 335 for a set of five with minimal leg drive. it's undeniable that he had the muscular power to push his body weight up and down from a vertical position. he just didn't have the coordination because he didn't train for it.

and another thing (unrelated to you, SS) don't give me that "gymnasts have better physiques" BS. that's what happens when you look at the top 1% of a group and compare it to the bottom 75% of another. you look at your average gymnast, even at the college level, and he ain't gonna be much bigger than your average gym rat. i see a number of 'em. one's in great shape, can do some INCREDIBLE feats of athleticism. is he bigger, leaner, or stronger than 99%, 90%, or 70% of the gym? nah.