Author Topic: PLANCHE PUSH-UPS VIDEO  (Read 8328 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: PLANCHE PUSH-UPS VIDEO
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2007, 04:02:19 AM »
no you dingbat they're weak thanks to the COORDINATION. jesse marunde could push press 335 for a set of five with minimal leg drive. it's undeniable that he had the muscular power to push his body weight up and down from a vertical position. he just didn't have the coordination because he didn't train for it.

why are you calling me a dingbat?  I'm just applying the definition of physical strength that you supplied earlier in this thread:

i like this definition:

"The magnitude of physical strength, often referred to as just strength, determines the ability of a person or animal to exert force on physical objects using muscles."

How much physical strength does Jesse have in the handstand position under this definition?  How about in an iron cross, or a planche?  Please apply your own preferred definition.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2007, 04:11:11 AM »
True to a certain extent. But you do realise these gymnasts are usually considered washed up at the ripe old age of 20?

The guys move on to become P.E. teachers and the girls become squatty looking hags.

Not disputing that yet again, but if one rises to the top of gymnastics they will achieve far greater success than bodybuilding. How many bodybuilders get on cereal boxes, mainstream ads on TV, get advertising jobs where they are being paid millions, how many bodybuilders have appeared on the cover of Sports Illustarted etc? If after they are washed up, they can still keep pulling in the $$$$.

And of course, speaking strictly from a female perspective... Female bodybuilders if they are lucky might reap some mild reward from bodybuilding, possibly $50 for a webcam show....whereas female gymnasts are marque athletes and can make millions in product endorsements.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2007, 05:41:50 AM »
why are you calling me a dingbat?  I'm just applying the definition of physical strength that you supplied earlier in this thread:

How much physical strength does Jesse have in the handstand position under this definition?  How about in an iron cross, or a planche?  Please apply your own preferred definition.

what you fail to understand (because you're a one eyed dingbat) is that jesse weighed a great deal more than your average gymnast and, either didn't have the agility of your average gymnast, or didn't bother trying to learn said movements.

by your definition, ballet dancers are the strongest athletes in the world.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2007, 06:01:20 AM »
These gymnasts are very good athletes and very strong in their own right. Can someone tell me how they are stronger(not pound for pound either) than the huge powerlifters that post here? This is a very confusing thread. I honestly don't see any comparison to someone lifting their own bodyweight and someone squatting or benching triple their bodyweight.
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2007, 06:18:11 AM »
These gymnasts are very good athletes and very strong in their own right. Can someone tell me how they are stronger(not pound for pound either) than the huge powerlifters that post here? This is a very confusing thread. I honestly don't see any comparison to someone lifting their own bodyweight and someone squatting or benching triple their bodyweight.

there is none.

a little person with poor self esteem is just trying to justify his misguided obsession is all.

a flea, pound for pound, is much much stronger than an elephant, but if said flea don't get out of said elephants path, he's getting squashed.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2007, 06:19:23 AM »
there is none.

a little person with poor self esteem is just trying to justify his misguided obsession is all.

a flea, pound for pound, is much much stronger than an elephant, but if said flea don't get out of said elephants path, he's getting squashed.

Well, Coach is the one who claimed this guy was stronger than any getbigger. I want to know his justification for such a stupid comment.
E

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2007, 06:23:03 AM »
Well, Coach is the one who claimed this guy was stronger than any getbigger. I want to know his justification for such a stupid comment.

i never argued that the dude was stronger than everyoneon getbig..i just tried to explain that powerlifting isnt the only test of strength and in many ways powerlifting is a joke nowdays. also trying to open the eyes of some people who are very narrowminded.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2007, 06:24:23 AM »
i never argued that the dude was stronger than everyoneon getbig..i just tried to explain that powerlifting isnt the only test of strength and in many ways powerlifting is a joke nowdays. also trying to open the eyes of some people who are very narrowminded.

I never said you were Coach. Do YOU think that that gymnast is stronger than MOS or Billy Mimnaugh?
E

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2007, 06:27:36 AM »
I never said you were Coach. Do YOU think that that gymnast is stronger than MOS or Billy Mimnaugh?

no i know you werent talking about me....

no, not when talking about lifting heavy ass weight, but at same time i doubt they can do what he does.

also; billy is strong, MOS talks about being strong (never seen any of his supposed lifts).

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2007, 06:29:51 AM »
no i know you werent talking about me....

no, not when talking about lifting heavy ass weight, but at same time i doubt they can do what he does.

also; billy is strong, MOS talks about being strong (never seen any of his supposed lifts).

Can you think of any type of test of strength other than those balance your own type of weight things that the gymnast could beat Billy in? Tug of war? Arm wrestling? shoving match? Why did Coach lie to us?
E

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2007, 06:31:34 AM »

Can you think of any type of test of strength other than those balance your own type of weight things that the gymnast could beat Billy in? Tug of war? Arm wrestling? shoving match? Why did Coach lie to us?

a fight?

This coach, is like the coach from cheers?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2007, 06:32:31 AM »
a fight?

This coach, is like the coach from cheers?

A fight is not a test of strength. Coach is a poster here, he used to have some credibility.
E

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2007, 06:34:07 AM »
A fight is not a test of strength. Coach is a poster here, he used to have some credibility.

You could have a combination of arm wrsetling tug of war etc, maybe press ups shit like that,

coach wasn't he MrIfearnoman before he changed his handle?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2007, 06:42:11 AM »
i think coach and croatch have some issues with envy, jealousy and perhaps a bit of small man syndrome, which often affects their concept of rational judgement.

coach also said he could bench 535lbs raw at 180lbs body weight which also happened to be greater than the suited world record of the time but, hey, maybe he's telling the truth this time. ::)

gymnastics is a skill where there is an application of strength to complete events, but for raw brute strength, p/lifting and weightlifting are obviously (well, to those without a pathological envy of bigger stronger people) the closest to this end.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2007, 06:44:16 AM »
You could have a combination of arm wrsetling tug of war etc, maybe press ups shit like that,

coach wasn't he MrIfearnoman before he changed his handle?

He was Mr.intenseone before. That was when he didn't lie.
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2007, 06:45:26 AM »
He was Mr.intenseone before. That was when he didn't lie.

that's when he claimed his raw bench of 535 at 180.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2007, 06:46:41 AM »

Well, I really don't care what other people lift or say they lift tbh. But when someone says a 140 pound gymnast is stronger than anyone on here, it really pisses me off.
E

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2007, 08:42:15 PM »
Well, I really don't care what other people lift or say they lift tbh. But when someone says a 140 pound gymnast is stronger than anyone on here, it really pisses me off.

do you even work out?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »
do you even work out?
yes, and I look the part. The question should be do you work out? You are always questioning other, how about you answer one. If you were to walk down the street, would people know you worked out, or would you have to tell them?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Coach

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2007, 09:40:28 PM »

it was 181...and don't get me started or I'll own you like I did in the last little controversy we had. Sorry dude, there were too many witnesses that are still around that you can check with......but I really don't need to prove myself so take or leave, I can really give a shit.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2007, 03:48:56 AM »
yes, and I look the part. The question should be do you work out? You are always questioning other, how about you answer one. If you were to walk down the street, would people know you worked out, or would you have to tell them?

I wasn't even talking to you.  Get insecure much?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2007, 04:03:04 AM »
do you even work out?

Yes, with weights. What does that have to do with Coach thinking that Lil' fella is the strongest guy on here?
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2007, 05:32:56 AM »
it was 181...and don't get me started or I'll own you like I did in the last little controversy we had. Sorry dude, there were too many witnesses that are still around that you can check with......but I really don't need to prove myself so take or leave, I can really give a shit.

just one credible witness. that'll do ???

let me guess, you'll tell me it's beneath you to answer? ;D

btw, remind me where you owned me? i wanted you to back some of your bs up and you stalled and refused. i ended up abandoning it as a lost cause, as i will this issue.

The Coach

« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2007, 08:59:34 AM »
just one credible witness. that'll do ???

let me guess, you'll tell me it's beneath you to answer? ;D

btw, remind me where you owned me? i wanted you to back some of your bs up and you stalled and refused. i ended up abandoning it as a lost cause, as i will this issue.

Dave Shaw, Gus Rethwich, Ray York and a few others that you don't know.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2007, 09:04:48 AM »

AHAHAAHAH!!!  "....it was 181....," sorry that made me laugh.