Author Topic: Poll: Clinton Tops All Comers in Ohio  (Read 1475 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Poll: Clinton Tops All Comers in Ohio
« on: September 06, 2007, 08:35:07 AM »
Poll: Clinton Tops All Comers in Ohio  Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:25 AM

The Quinnipiac University Polling Institute has its latest results on the presidential race for Democrats, Republicans in the key state of Ohio.

In head-to-head matchups, Ohio voters said they favored Clinton, a New York senator and former first lady, over former New York mayor Giuliani, 47 percent to 40 percent. The same candidates were tied in an Aug. 8 poll by Quinnipiac University. In other matchups, the latest poll found that Clinton topped Arizona Sen. McCain, 46 percent to 41 percent; and she also beat former Tennessee Sen. Thompson, 49 percent to 37 percent. The poll also found that Clinton's lead over Illinois Sen. Obama remains strong in the Democratic primary race. The Republican primary race is more muddled, with Giuliani still on top at 21 percent, followed by Thompson at 15 percent.

THE NUMBERS -- DEMOCRATS

Hillary Rodham Clinton, 44 percent

Barack Obama, 15 percent

John Edwards, 11 percent

Al Gore, 8 percent

(all other candidates below 5 percent)

THE NUMBERS -- REPUBLICANS

Rudy Giuliani, 21 percent

Fred Thompson, 15 percent

John McCain, 10 percent

Newt Gingrich, 9 percent

Mitt Romney, 8 percent

(all other candidates below 5 percent)

The Quinnipiac University Polling Institute questioned 1,430 Ohio voters from Aug. 28 through Monday, and had an overall margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points. The margin of sampling error for both the 528 Democratic voters and the 497 Republican voters questioned was plus or minus 4 percentage points.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/poll_2008_ohio/2007/09/06/30254.html

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Poll: Clinton Tops All Comers in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:04:33 PM »
The poll numbers mean diddly squat. What really matters is what the programmers of the Diebold electronic voting machines want those machines to say that counts.
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 02:20:14 AM »
I don't like Clinton, think she's too much of a political opportunist, but I got to admit she's done one helluva job in establishing herself as the moderate alternative out of the Democrats, and seems more and more electable.

I guess she will have the same kind of electability that Thatcher had: The "A mean bitch is what we need"-type of thing.
As empty as paradise

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 06:48:34 AM »
I don't like Clinton, think she's too much of a political opportunist, but I got to admit she's done one helluva job in establishing herself as the moderate alternative out of the Democrats, and seems more and more electable.

I guess she will have the same kind of electability that Thatcher had: The "A mean bitch is what we need"-type of thing.
man!!!  that made me BUST OUT laughing!!!!!   ;D :D ;D :D  LOL  haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 06:59:09 AM »

All politicians are political opportunists--it's the ambition to get into public office that makes them candidates in the first place.

I understand the impulse to analyze these candidates the way national pundits do but that is a mistake.  For the most part, national pundits are worthless.  They repeat national scripts:  Clinton will do and say anything to get elected, Obama is greener than grass, Thompson is a charismatic statesman...

They read minds:  here's what X candidate really thinks about Y and this is the motive.

They do anything but analyze the issues with any factual underpinning.

Look at the platforms/issues of each candidate.  If they don't have a policy position then it's likely they are con-men or not suited for office.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
All politicians are political opportunists--it's the ambition to get into public office that makes them candidates in the first place.

I understand the impulse to analyze these candidates the way national pundits do but that is a mistake.  For the most part, national pundits are worthless.
They repeat national scripts:  Clinton will do and say anything to get elected, Obama is greener than grass, Thompson is a charismatic statesman...

They read minds:  here's what X candidate really thinks about Y and this is the motive.

They do anything but analyze the issues with any factual underpinning.

Look at the platforms/issues of each candidate.  If they don't have a policy position then it's likely they are con-men or not suited for office.

I disagree with you to some extent.

Betting firms more often than not get their odds right.

And the reason you're able to bet on politics...

Why?

Because the betmakers feel they're able to get a fair estimation of how the events will take place.

Of course, they don't just look at likeability, they will look at key persons in organisation, issues (of course), if the current agenda is beneficial for the candidate, multiple aspects.

Decker, answer me this, if issues are key to the voters, then why is Ronald Reagan still held in so high regard by many people?

In countries with parlamentarism, you will have less focus on the person, and more focus on the issues of the parties in the election.

But I suspect you already know this. ;)
As empty as paradise

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 12:10:59 PM »
I think Democracy US Flavor is a utter failure.
We will end up w/  a Islamic theocracy in time, if policy goes on as is.

I cant stomach any of the choices TBH.
I wont waste my time or Fuel driving there to vote for, or against one of them.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 01:55:16 PM »
I think Democracy US Flavor is a utter failure.
We will end up w/  a Islamic theocracy in time, if policy goes on as is.

I cant stomach any of the choices TBH.

I can't help you with the time aspect, but if you were using MPG-caps, you'd be consuming even less fuel,
to get to the voting booth, ...and reducing the pollution from your vehicle by 75% or more.  :P
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 01:59:06 PM »
I can't help you with the time aspect, but if you were using MPG-caps, you'd be consuming even less fuel,
to get to the voting booth, ...and reducing the pollution from your vehicle by 75% or more.  :P

:o

Ok

Anyways, "the cure for the ailments of democracy is more democracy" Dewey, so vote, viva la mob rule

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 02:46:22 PM »
:o

Ok

Anyways, "the cure for the ailments of democracy is more democracy" Dewey, so vote, viva la mob rule

Plus it makes it even harder for them to cover up the fact that leaders aren't elected, ...they're Selected
w

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 08:19:16 PM »

You need to live in a state that's in play for your vote to mean anything.  I'm registered to vote in Texas... the republican will win Texas no matter what.  So, I can either select the republican in a useless "me-too" vote, or I can select the democrat and be spitting in the wind.  Either way, I won't be wasting my time the first Tuesday in November.

At least people in Ohio, PA, and Florida actually get to cast a vote that means something.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 08:59:38 PM »
You need to live in a state that's in play for your vote to mean anything.  I'm registered to vote in Texas... the republican will win Texas no matter what.  So, I can either select the republican in a useless "me-too" vote, or I can select the democrat and be spitting in the wind.  Either way, I won't be wasting my time the first Tuesday in November.

At least people in Ohio, PA, and Florida actually get to cast a vote that means something.

That hasn't been the history in Texas.  They have Democrat members in the House.  They've had Democrat governors and Democrat majorities in the state legislature. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 09:56:49 PM »
That hasn't been the history in Texas.  They have Democrat members in the House.  They've had Democrat governors and Democrat majorities in the state legislature. 

True. We take our democratic incentives for granted too much. Texas is actually very pro Clinton right now according to a Harris poll, it was about 5 months back..

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 07:18:40 AM »
Plus it makes it even harder for them to cover up the fact that leaders aren't elected, ...they're Selected

Jag, I think theres more to this than ppl will accept.
This "Democracy" is an illusion of sorts. It seems to let the most outrageous shiet take place as long as the intrests of  the select Big Dollar Corps are protected.

These bastards own the politicians plain and simple. Its obvious even on a small town local level.
Its actually entertaining (as long as your dime is not at stake) to watch local corruption in person.
The Greed, Lies, deception ... are palpable. Its FUN! esp when you WIN.

One of my developer buddies calls it "A poker game", a room full of Rats!  He's right.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 08:37:04 AM »
it is important to remember that while electives do not represent the population, and often give those "other" certain groups power, democracy as a comparative perspective reigns over all other forms of government in our world today in effectiveness.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 09:35:55 AM »
it is important to remember that while electives do not represent the population, and often give those "other" certain groups power, democracy as a comparative perspective reigns over all other forms of government in our world today in effectiveness.

Wait till The Muslim population grows in the Western World and rethink that idea.  ;)
If the majority of the ignorant masses choose insanity and evil, does that make it right?
Setting up for even the possibility of that is disaster. It should be a possible political path that is eliminated ASAP!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 10:50:19 PM »
Wait till The Muslim population grows in the Western World and rethink that idea.  ;)
If the majority of the ignorant masses choose insanity and evil, does that make it right?
Setting up for even the possibility of that is disaster. It should be a possible political path that is eliminated ASAP!

TRUE