Author Topic: 67yo - too old to cycle?  (Read 13153 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: 67yo - too old to cycle?
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 09:17:23 AM »
I didn't say it was good advice. It's his choice how he wants to live out his remaining years.
Agreed
E

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 02:18:58 PM »
He is 67 years old. Why on earth would he want to take steroids?
why not.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 02:56:58 PM »
Hi gentlemen.
Here is my story.  I'm 67 and healthy , worked out for about 45 years (give or take), 5' foot 9 (used to be 5 10), 180, 12% body fat.  Wanted to try steroids since about 1980 but never had enough information.  This internet stuff is great.  i have been reading this forum and others as well as research.  I gather that first cycle is;
1-10 Test E
1-6 dbol
12-16 clomid 50 mg / day
12-16 Nolva 20 mg / day

My question is: am i waisting my time?  Would Test do anything for me?  If it would is there an "age limit" for this stuff to work?
Appreciate your input.

At your age, any test is good test.

Pump away my friend.

Pump away.   ;D

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Myostatin

• Getbig I
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 03:12:03 PM »
You will feel great adding 250mg of test to your weekly schedule, enjoy the feeling, and get a new girlfriend ;)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 03:15:29 PM »
Hi gentlemen.
Here is my story.  I'm 67 and healthy , worked out for about 45 years (give or take), 5' foot 9 (used to be 5 10), 180, 12% body fat.  Wanted to try steroids since about 1980 but never had enough information.  This internet stuff is great.  i have been reading this forum and others as well as research.  I gather that first cycle is;
1-10 Test E
1-6 dbol
12-16 clomid 50 mg / day
12-16 Nolva 20 mg / day

My question is: am i waisting my time?  Would Test do anything for me?  If it would is there an "age limit" for this stuff to work?
Appreciate your input.

If your going on at that age likely - plan to stay on.

Id get in touch w/ a clinic that specialize in HRT and get a full blood pannel work up.
Alternatly, You can twist even the most stuborn HMO Drs arm to pull that blood work for you at your age.
After that he will likely be worthless to you. Count on that.

My personal feelings are if you dont have a Total Testerone level at least around 400
and a midrange normal level of "Free testosterone" (Not corrected to your age group) ANY MAN will benefit from HRT.
I also feel the 200mg/ of TE week standard is to low. After down regulation of Natural Test at about week 4 there is little to NO net gain.

225-250TE every 5th day, OR Better IMO: 2-3cc of Sustanon every 17th day w/ perhaps 100-200mg deca added on ocasion.
I'd stay away from ANY Dbol or Halo or Anadrol.  Only low dose Mild orals like stan, Primo, Var,. 
ALso HGH if money is not a issue.

You Definitly want a Dr in on this, But your HMO Family practice type Dr aint gonna know Jack S_ _ _!
They will most likely steer you the WAY WRONG. Their ignorance is profound.

With Testerone and Deca and HGH I'd be Very surprised IF YOU DIDNT SEE AND FEEL A MAJOR DIFFERANCE.
But remember all good things come to a end, or at least wind down. Cycling on and off at 67yr old seems not a great idea to me. It'd be best to get some blood work before any decesion regardless.

Is Blood Pressure, Prostrate, or Cardiac, kidney, liver any issue previously? If so, these are negatives.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 08:05:07 PM »
I agree with most of the guys here...some test would be great. Like overload said, any man your age would greatly benefit from this...I can not think of one single draw back. And just to reiterate, your best bet is finding a reputable doc to prescribe you a good HRT regimen. No creams or gels, actual real test.

Last thing, I'm not going to say that it's going to give you more years to your life, but there is no doubt that it will greatly improve the quality of your life. I mean think about it, at your age your body is producing almost no testosterone, add in some test, the ingredient that makes a man a man, then how on earth could this not be a good thing?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 08:17:55 PM »
Agree with the guys about seeing a doc and getting on HRT which the guy will Im sure qualifiy for. Good to hear your still hitting it hard this will help you down the road. 

gendreau_neil

• Getbig I
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 06:14:39 PM »
Testosterone = the male fountain of youth.

Even a modest cycle of no greater than 500 mgs of test per week will do wonders for you!  Go for it!

stillpumping

• Getbig I
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 07:22:34 PM »
Took your advice.  Made an appointment with endocrinologist for Wed the 12th.  Going to hold off starting the cycle until then even though i have all the stuff already.  Will get rid of Dbol.  Did blood work about one month ego.  All numbers are within range.  Thank you for your feedback.  After reading the first few responses I was discouraged but then constructive advice from Overload, Division, Arnold, and others made me feel much better.
Ad far as "Why at 67?"...Why at 27?37?47?Where is the cut off?  I am retired, raised my kids, and bodybuilding has always been part of my life.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 09:14:53 PM »
Took your advice.  Made an appointment with endocrinologist for Wed the 12th.  Going to hold off starting the cycle until then even though i have all the stuff already.  Will get rid of Dbol.  Did blood work about one month ego.  All numbers are within range.  Thank you for your feedback.  After reading the first few responses I was discouraged but then constructive advice from Overload, Division, Arnold, and others made me feel much better.
Ad far as "Why at 67?"...Why at 27?37?47?Where is the cut off?  I am retired, raised my kids, and bodybuilding has always been part of my life.

Good. Keep us posted as to what you do & your results.

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 09:26:04 PM »
Good. Keep us posted as to what you do & your results.

Aye, let us know how you are doing I was out for a few days and wasn't here for your original post, but I personally don't see anything wrong with taking test at 67 so long as you are within healthy ranges.  You said you just had blood tests, mind sharing?  I would like to know exactly what the whole spectrum was if you don't mind sharing for my own research.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2007, 09:46:37 PM »
Aye, let us know how you are doing I was out for a few days and wasn't here for your original post, but I personally don't see anything wrong with taking test at 67 so long as you are within healthy ranges.  You said you just had blood tests, mind sharing?  I would like to know exactly what the whole spectrum was if you don't mind sharing for my own research.

You quoted me so I'm confused are you asking me or him?

Alex23

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 09:57:49 PM »
ANYONE who takes steroids should be checked by a doctor every 3-6 months.

Whether he buys them from a source or gets a script makes no difference. he just needs to be monitored by a doctor. I'm 29 and i get checked every 6 weeks.

8)

How can you justify having bloodwork done every 6weeks ??? ???

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2007, 10:50:39 PM »
Maybe he's like me and has someone at the lab who does it for him for free whenever he wants. If that's the case I guess get it done as often as you'd like. I don't' see a point in every 6wks but whatever floats your boat.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2007, 11:47:48 PM »

If you've got good health insurance your doctor can find numerous reasons for you to have bloodwork done. Shit almost everytime I get a blood test it leads to another & another & another... IMO - they're all for small/petty reasons: basically something only slightly out of the norms.

Alex23

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2007, 02:50:57 AM »
If you've got good health insurance your doctor can find numerous reasons for you to have bloodwork done. Shit almost everytime I get a blood test it leads to another & another & another... IMO - they're all for small/petty reasons: basically something only slightly out of the norms.

Unless you have a lab buddy like AJ, visiting the doctor every 6weeks is madness unless he's aware of what's going on....

I have the best PPO you can get and I wouldn't dare show up every other month and try to justify bloodwork.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 06:14:57 AM »

I'm sure you will Love some Testo.
 Im curious about the blood test #s. 
There is a lot of different ways coming along of measuring Testso. I consider some the newer ones political ploy to reduce/eliminate HRT.
For eg: % Free test of Total Test..  ::) STUPID! This is nothing more than a effort to make LOW Free test look normal.
If a guy has a 200 level of Total test, does it make sense to use that pathetic number for a % of Free to come up w/ a "Normal"?
 Its a number w/ no standard  what so ever, it is self adjusting!! 

I also dont personaly believe in "Age corrected" normal/ abnormal ranges.
If its not in the midrange of a 30ish yr old guy, I feel it should be adjusted at least to sutch. Thats what I do at 46yrs old. Thats where optimal physical/ and even mental performance is found IME. But,There is also a point of too much of a good thing. Most of us tend to search taht out. IME even that appears not harmfull unless way over done in peak & duration.

Your gonna LOVE the weight room, and what ever else you enjoy more than in a long time; and drive your Mrs up the wall.  ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2007, 06:33:58 AM »

Well there may be more risks involved at a later age.  Androgens have the effect of enlarging your prostate and as you age this may become more of an issue.  The endo doc will procede cautiously and that is probally a good idea.  There are possibilities of high BP and a rise in lipid levels, these things may affect an older gentelman in more prfound ways and then they may not.  It sounds like you are in good shape for that age bracket and that makes a big diffence.

But dont think a gram of juice total a week is like M&M's or something, this is powerful medicine there are risks to consider.  And it sounds like you are doing the right thing.  When they did your blood work a month ago did they run your hormone levels?  Im guessing no.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2007, 07:29:26 AM »
Very good points above,
If I was you: I'd put up them Total Test & Free Test #'s and have guys w/ actual experience using the stuff take a look.
The Prostrate issue is important. But, For some reason I can take a lot of test and its had NO effect on mine.

Not to be taken lightly. ALso be aware, the stuff WILL shut down Natural production of Test.
There is a unpleasant recovery period no matter how you cut it.

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2007, 08:09:54 AM »
You quoted me so I'm confused are you asking me or him?

I was asking him about the bloodwork, I quoted you in agreement to "Keep us updated".  Sorry for the confusion.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2007, 08:37:39 AM »
I was asking him about the bloodwork, I quoted you in agreement to "Keep us updated".  Sorry for the confusion.

No problem. I was half asleep - I just woke up after dosing off for about two hours.

4thAD

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2007, 09:55:02 PM »
I also agree that test will probably do you alot of good. Watch the prostate and the bloodwork and you will be fine. I would have no problem with my Dad using a little gear.

PS dont listen to anything danielson says. He definitely rode the short bus to school.

stillpumping

• Getbig I
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2007, 06:35:46 AM »
Found my bloodwork results...Three pages and most stuff i do not understand.  i will list key categories and if you have spesific questions let me know.  Here we go...67 yo, 5 9, 180, 12% bf, BP 110/80.

CHOLESTEROL - 165
LDL 0 85
HDL - 80

TRIGLYCERIDES - 112
HEMOGLOBIN - 17%
MCV (Mean Corpuscular Volume) - 85 FL
R.B.C. (Red Blood Cell Count) - 4.8mill/mcL
W.B.C. (White Blood Cell Count)- 7.8thous/mcL
LYMPHOCYTE COUNT - 38%
SODIUM - 141mmol/L
POTASSIUM - 5.0 mmol/L
CO2 - 23 mmol/L
CALCIUM - 9.1 mg/dL
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE - 82.5IU/L
ALT (ALT Alanine Aminotransferase - sGPT) - 29 IU/L
AST (Aspartate Aminotransferase - sGOT) - 28 IU/L
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL - 0.75 mg/dL
B.U.N. (Blood Urea Nitrogen) - 18 mg/dL

There is more but my hands are getting tired.  Like i said anything specific let me know

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2007, 06:45:48 AM »
I think overall it looks pretty good, especially for a guy your age. I'd say start pinning...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2007, 06:45:56 AM »
Found my bloodwork results...Three pages and most stuff i do not understand.  i will list key categories and if you have spesific questions let me know.  Here we go...67 yo, 5 9, 180, 12% bf, BP 110/80.

CHOLESTEROL - 165
LDL 0 85
HDL - 80

TRIGLYCERIDES - 112
HEMOGLOBIN - 17%
MCV (Mean Corpuscular Volume) - 85 FL
R.B.C. (Red Blood Cell Count) - 4.8mill/mcL
W.B.C. (White Blood Cell Count)- 7.8thous/mcL
LYMPHOCYTE COUNT - 38%
SODIUM - 141mmol/L
POTASSIUM - 5.0 mmol/L
CO2 - 23 mmol/L
CALCIUM - 9.1 mg/dL
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE - 82.5IU/L
ALT (ALT Alanine Aminotransferase - sGPT) - 29 IU/L
AST (Aspartate Aminotransferase - sGOT) - 28 IU/L
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL - 0.75 mg/dL
B.U.N. (Blood Urea Nitrogen) - 18 mg/dL

There is more but my hands are getting tired.  Like i said anything specific let me know

See if they did a 1.Testesterone Total ... and   2.Free Testo (Bio available Testesterone).
Also, its way easier to read these lab reports that they make it look. There will be a "FLAG" for anything out of normal range  ;).
 A little kid could read them. Thats good  'cause that's all a lot of Docs are.

Ill take a look in my med book and see if any of the above are out of range.

YOU DEFFINITLY WANT FREE AND TOTAL TESTO levels before going at some steroids. You Really should know where your starting at.