Author Topic: 67yo - too old to cycle?  (Read 13151 times)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: 67yo - too old to cycle?
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2007, 06:51:08 AM »
How can you justify having bloodwork done every 6weeks ??? ???

Only while "on"...it's my body and my choice. if at any point my levels get out of whack i come off, which has only happen once when i was running Anadrol.

i document everything i do and i care about my health.

plus my doctor is also my uncle so i get a deal. he knows exactly what i'm doing and is helping me document everything to hopefully produce evidence that AAS do not harm you when used correctly.

8)

stillpumping

• Getbig I
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2007, 07:52:45 AM »
I think total Testosterone is 280 ng/dl and free test is 2.1.  If it sounds wrong then i am not reading it right.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2007, 08:02:49 AM »
I think total Testosterone is 280 ng/dl and free test is 2.1.  If it sounds wrong then i am not reading it right.

Sounds right. prolly in range for your age group, but 400-600 ng/dl would be along the lines of a 30 yr old if I recall.
1000 ng/dl is high range normal, and rare for any guy to have naturaly.

I'll dig up some old lab work w/ "normal ranges".

You'd DEFFINITLY feel a major performance boost and increase in sex drive and prolly energy/ even mental quickness with even 250mg of TE every 5th day to 1 week. I think you'd be very surprised.

If your in a location w/  legit Sustanon available,   a single 2-3cc shot of that will do nicely for 17 days.
(It will crash abrubtly on about day 21) LEGIT Sustanon is the issue. Loads of fake out there.

I dont think its available in the USA anymore. It was, from compounding Pharmas only last year, but thats done.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2007, 10:01:54 AM »
Stillpumping if you choose to go with sustanon, only trust it in an ampoule form. Otherwise there's a BIG chance that it is fake, if not it's UG.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2007, 11:04:13 AM »

Most endos/HRT docs won't find these numbers to be too far off for your age.  It's probably why you do indeed feel and look better than probably 99% of your same-aged buddies.

That being said, I think you will need to proceed with caution here.  My biggest concern would be your ability to recover your own (endogenous) test after removal of the exposure to the pharmaceutical grade (exogenous) test. You may indeed need to be prepared to start true HRT.  This would likely include test and low-dose GH for life.

"If it aint broke, don't try to fix it" may apply here. 

Having been exposed, and re-exposed, to the dark side, I have no doubt that lifelong HRT with test and GH is in my future.  It will just be a matter of deciding when that should start.  This will probably be based on how well I can continue to recover from my cycles.

stillpumping

• Getbig I
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2007, 11:09:29 AM »
What is the advantage of sustanon over test E.  I already have E, but i am aware that there are a number of esters (Cyp, Prop...).  I know some are faster acting and need to be injected more often. 

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2007, 11:46:34 AM »
What is the advantage of sustanon over test E.  I already have E, but i am aware that there are a number of esters (Cyp, Prop...).  I know some are faster acting and need to be injected more often. 

Depends who you ask, and the responses on here will vary greatly.  It's more a matter of personal preference.  The key is to keep the test level steady and to avoid ups and downs in bloodlevels. This helps avoid side effects. Theoretically, sustanon, with its greater blend of esters, should be best served for this, but in reality, I inject twice per week whether it's sustanon or enanthate, and I just seem to feel better overall on enanthate.  But that's just me.

vonraider

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2007, 07:54:38 PM »
At your age you DEFINITELY should be on some test.

stillpumping

• Getbig I
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2007, 11:50:01 AM »
Well boys, came back from the doc's office and shot 500 mg of test in my left thigh.  He said my Numbers are not low enough to qualify for HRT.  taking things into my own hands.  i will keep you posted. 

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2007, 12:01:50 PM »
Well boys, came back from the doc's office and shot 500 mg of test in my left thigh.  He said my Numbers are not low enough to qualify for HRT.  taking things into my own hands.  i will keep you posted. 

;D Fill us in in about 24hrs, go hit the Gym tommorow!
Great pumps are on tap.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2007, 12:21:04 PM »
Good luck!

Enjoy the new feeling...

Some feel the test in a few days and others like myself don't feel it until a few weeks.

8)

Alex23

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2007, 04:31:40 PM »
Only while "on"...it's my body and my choice. if at any point my levels get out of whack i come off, which has only happen once when i was running Anadrol.

i document everything i do and i care about my health.

plus my doctor is also my uncle so i get a deal. he knows exactly what i'm doing and is helping me document everything to hopefully produce evidence that AAS do not harm you when used correctly.

8)

Do you compete?

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2007, 01:25:54 AM »

So 1 shot and that is it?  I wonder why he would do that?  It took me 2 weeks to really get a feeling of wellness.

good luck and be safe.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2007, 05:19:33 AM »
With a 200 T level. I bet he will notice something fast.

All you young Puppies  got to understand, the body slows down hard in time.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2007, 06:13:37 AM »
So 1 shot and that is it?  I wonder why he would do that?  It took me 2 weeks to really get a feeling of wellness.

good luck and be safe.

well, how many shots do you expect him to take at once???? :)

i think hes saying that he came back from the doc and is administering "HRT" himself....and stating at 500mgs a shot. (probably 500mg a week...once a week)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2007, 08:49:40 AM »
Do you compete?

Yes, in powerlifting for over 7 years.

Did a few BBing shows before that.

8)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2007, 10:21:54 AM »
Most endos/HRT docs won't find these numbers to be too far off for your age.  It's probably why you do indeed feel and look better than probably 99% of your same-aged buddies.

That being said, I think you will need to proceed with caution here.  My biggest concern would be your ability to recover your own (endogenous) test after removal of the exposure to the pharmaceutical grade (exogenous) test. You may indeed need to be prepared to start true HRT.  This would likely include test and low-dose GH for life.

"If it aint broke, don't try to fix it" may apply here. 

Having been exposed, and re-exposed, to the dark side, I have no doubt that lifelong HRT with test and GH is in my future.  It will just be a matter of deciding when that should start.  This will probably be based on how well I can continue to recover from my cycles.

I don't see anything wrong with the 'ol pumper upping his dose in to the higher echelon of HRT until the day he dies, providing his total cholesterol (specifically LDL) and PSA are in range.

There's no reason not to live a higher quality of life if possible.

At his age, an amp of Sustanon per week would give him the kind of boost he's looking for.

I can only hope the medicine looks favorably upon HRT for seniors in a HMO setting perhaps.....

AAS today for seniors.......GH tommorrow.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2007, 03:27:24 PM »
well, how many shots do you expect him to take at once???? :)

i think hes saying that he came back from the doc and is administering "HRT" himself....and stating at 500mgs a shot. (probably 500mg a week...once a week)

Oh OK..I was thinking the doc gave him one and sent him on his way and wouldn't give him anymore.  I get it now.  ;D

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2007, 05:26:30 PM »
stillpumping  I really don’t know anything about making a cycle with that age but I can tell you 100% guaranty that a little test and a little GH will make wonders for you....if you’re looking for a lil spark in your life believe me that will do it.

stillpumping

• Getbig I
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2007, 04:29:04 AM »
Well, a week passed since the first injection.  Felt no difference the first 5 days - which did not surprise me since i know it could take 2-3 weeks for test e to kick in.  On the 5th day I felt more energetic and alert but I attributed it to placebo affect - I was not expecting results for another week.  This morning however could not be attributed to placebo.  i jogged to the gym (normally i walk or drive - about 1.5 miles).  My usual bench press is 155 lbs for 8 reps - i benched 155 for 11 reps and the only reason i put the bar down was because I did not want to risk injury, i could have done another 2-3 reps.  Smith machine shoulder press normally do 95 lbs for 8-10, today did 95 for 13.  At the end of the workout was still full of energy and jogged back home.  Will check blood pressure later on today.  Today is also injection #2 (500 mg).  Will keep you updated

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2007, 07:33:47 AM »
Well, a week passed since the first injection.  Felt no difference the first 5 days - which did not surprise me since i know it could take 2-3 weeks for test e to kick in.  On the 5th day I felt more energetic and alert but I attributed it to placebo affect - I was not expecting results for another week.  This morning however could not be attributed to placebo.  i jogged to the gym (normally i walk or drive - about 1.5 miles).  My usual bench press is 155 lbs for 8 reps - i benched 155 for 11 reps and the only reason i put the bar down was because I did not want to risk injury, i could have done another 2-3 reps.  Smith machine shoulder press normally do 95 lbs for 8-10, today did 95 for 13.  At the end of the workout was still full of energy and jogged back home.  Will check blood pressure later on today.  Today is also injection #2 (500 mg).  Will keep you updated

Good idea to take it easy, no reason to injure yourself for a few extra reps.

Good luck!

8)

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2007, 08:04:43 PM »
Good idea to take it easy, no reason to injure yourself for a few extra reps.

Good luck!

8)
yes this is more important at your age. i like that you backed off of it and are not tryin to push your limits to far. This shows you are indeed taking care of yourself. Trust me, after my first cycle i was pumped and jacked and slapped on a couple more plates to the squats thinkin oh yea its not big deal for me now im super man....... then the hernia surgery lol

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2007, 08:16:37 PM »
also you do need to take into account your natural test levels may not come back after your cycle at this age. so b prepared to stay "on" for remainder of your life.

if you do have to stay "on" permanently maybe cycle hard for 12-15 weeks then drop down to about 250mg a week and cruise there for same amount of time. then back up again

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2007, 05:00:46 AM »
also you do need to take into account your natural test levels may not come back after your cycle at this age. so b prepared to stay "on" for remainder of your life.

if you do have to stay "on" permanently maybe cycle hard for 12-15 weeks then drop down to about 250mg a week and cruise there for same amount of time. then back up again

This is a important point I was trying to get at.
If starting w/ a 250 TT blood reading, post cycle could drop into double digits.
 THAT makes for feeing low energy and down for a guy much younger.
Gaining on AAS is no trick at all at first. Coming off is the trick.

But w/ a 251 TT, I'd personaly likely just stay on.

stillpumping

• Getbig I
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2007, 11:08:47 AM »
Staying on for good...Someone else told this might be a possibility.  What negative/positive consequences might occur?