Author Topic: PBW - constructive criticisms  (Read 1225 times)

Jayhawk

• Getbig II
  • The Heavy Metal Jayhawk
PBW - constructive criticisms
« on: September 08, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »
Regarding the upcoming show on Sept 10 with Ronnie Coleman - One of the first shows I am NOT looking forward to. I find Ronnie boring and he doesn't speak clearly or with any enthusiasm. Even Lee Priest (whom I am a big fan of) doesn't speak very well despite the cool accent. He tends to mumble and fade off. This is in addition to sometimes answering evasively and repeating himself. I like the interviewees with some enthusiasm, i.e. Mike Matarazzo, Franco, Zane, Kamali. Shawn Ray speaks clearly and has good, clear opinions. He's just too full of himself and tries to take over the show. Hey Shawn, you are the substitute co-host, you're not in charge. Let Dan command the ship.

My favorite guests are often the non-bodybuilders - Lonnie Teper, Romano, Perrine, Chad Nichols. They provide a nice change of pace from the BB interviews.

Generally - I don't like it when they have two guests on at the same time. Certainly, I would hope it would never be some sort of surprise sandbagging of a guest just to make controversy. I am not looking for on-air smack-talk. I would rather just have one guest getting to say his piece. Save the multiplayer stuff for the roundtables. However, the roundtable shows need to quickened up. I would rather have more questions answered. You can't have too many questions answered if everyone talks for 2-3 minutes each. All the round table participants should keep their answers short and not have any crosstalk, which potentially goes on endlessly.

Overall, PBW is one of my few must-hear podcasts. There are only two podcasts i look forward to and devour as soon as I download them, PBW and Talking Metal (a great podcast for heavy metal fans, available on iTunes and other podcast catchers. www.talkingmetal.com. No, I am not affiliated with them, just a big fan) Dan and Bob do a great job individually and work well together. The show definitely goes down a notch if either of them is absent. The show format is adequate, although I would like a little more news. The advertisements are not intrusive or overwheming. I never get the feeling that the advertisers are picking the content or biasing or skewing the coverage.

Jason

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: PBW - constructive criticisms
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 09:25:24 AM »

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 09:26:13 AM »
that gave me a headache.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 09:30:25 AM »
hahahhahaa, you can't please some of these finicky little princesses with anything, just as recently as 5 years ago bb radio wasn't even around and this clown is complaining, oh brother. ::)

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »
Regarding the upcoming show on Sept 10 with Ronnie Coleman - One of the first shows I am NOT looking forward to. I find Ronnie boring and he doesn't speak clearly or with any enthusiasm. Even Lee Priest (whom I am a big fan of) doesn't speak very well despite the cool accent. He tends to mumble and fade off. This is in addition to sometimes answering evasively and repeating himself. I like the interviewees with some enthusiasm, i.e. Mike Matarazzo, Franco, Zane, Kamali. Shawn Ray speaks clearly and has good, clear opinions. He's just too full of himself and tries to take over the show. Hey Shawn, you are the substitute co-host, you're not in charge. Let Dan command the ship.

My favorite guests are often the non-bodybuilders - Lonnie Teper, Romano, Perrine, Chad Nichols. They provide a nice change of pace from the BB interviews.

Generally - I don't like it when they have two guests on at the same time. Certainly, I would hope it would never be some sort of surprise sandbagging of a guest just to make controversy. I am not looking for on-air smack-talk. I would rather just have one guest getting to say his piece. Save the multiplayer stuff for the roundtables. However, the roundtable shows need to quickened up. I would rather have more questions answered. You can't have too many questions answered if everyone talks for 2-3 minutes each. All the round table participants should keep their answers short and not have any crosstalk, which potentially goes on endlessly.

Overall, PBW is one of my few must-hear podcasts. There are only two podcasts i look forward to and devour as soon as I download them, PBW and Talking Metal (a great podcast for heavy metal fans, available on iTunes and other podcast catchers. www.talkingmetal.com. No, I am not affiliated with them, just a big fan) Dan and Bob do a great job individually and work well together. The show definitely goes down a notch if either of them is absent. The show format is adequate, although I would like a little more news. The advertisements are not intrusive or overwheming. I never get the feeling that the advertisers are picking the content or biasing or skewing the coverage.

Jason

I beg to differ on this point dueling guests add some much needed surge of energy

240 said it best when he recon the show with shawn vs lee going at it was 1 of the best shows around.Those formats of head2head guests should always be given it share now and then - excitement fo sho` son

Let ronnie say his peace , let jay retort, let jay call him out on some of his stupid statements , let ronnie respond in real time.Let each others competeitiveness come through , instead of having all this verbal `dancing aound topics` n shit

The olympia needs some life injected into it

but the chemistry must be right , no buddy buddy stuff al of a sudden when the show airs (quincy vs xman hint hint)

I cant help but say *FINALLLLY* someone realises that the guest need to speak the hell up.quincy was soooo good to listen to , cause he MEANT THAT SHIT and was lively, even if he didnt back it up eventually , but the show was sweeeeeet

hahahhahaa, you can't please some of these finicky little princesses with anything, just as recently as 5 years ago bb radio wasn't even around and this clown is complaining, oh brother. ::)

naahhh squad , he`s just suggesting something that would make a gr8 product better  ;)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 02:55:11 PM »
Man my eyes hurt reading all that. :o
Try to use less Words next time to get your point across :-*

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:00:57 PM »

Of course.  Most IFBB bodybuilders have the IQ of a tree stump and are about as interesting as watching paint dry.  The only ones who were interesting were Kamali, Titus, and Lee since you could always count on them to stir up shit or shoot themselves in the foot.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 03:06:06 PM »
Man my eyes hurt reading all that. :o
Try to use less Words next time to get your point across :-*

True det

But the question is shawn , what is your take on it , do speak wise one

the floor is yours.....  :P

AVBG

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 03:07:57 PM »

Jason

Well thought out post Jason. The hosts can do very little when the show is on in bringing up the sound quality of the guests, needless to say raising the guests enthusiasm is even harder.

In regards to your view of having more than one guest on at a time, that was the point of the last show it was a "round table" discussion... It's not a regular occurrance.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 03:13:41 PM »
PBW is heading in the right direction.
Dan is accomplishing all that he had in mind at the inception of this project created for the Fans of the game.
The personalities are what they are. The Bodybuilders do reflect who they are on air, there is no faking it when the Mic is open.
As for making it more exciting, that is not what the show was created to do, it was designed to let the fans hear directly from the Pro's themselves in their own words, however that may sound to the listener, good or bad.
The show is not designed to create Characters or make guys look good. It is Reality Radio and some will glean more information and insight to the individuals highlighted on the show than others.
The beauty of it all is that, I remember when this show was just a thought and is now our sports REALITY!
Nice job Dan. Let the Pro's speak freely, ask the hard questions and let the chips fall where they may.
Some have more dynamics and skills than others on the Air but I realize the show was simply to bring the fans up close and personal with the boys in the trenches and that is Mission accomplished no matter how you slice it up.
S. Ray

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 03:26:41 PM »
PBW is heading in the right direction.
Dan is accomplishing all that he had in mind at the inception of this project created for the Fans of the game.
The personalities are what they are. The Bodybuilders do reflect who they are on air, there is no faking it when the Mic is open.
As for making it more exciting, that is not what the show was created to do, it was designed to let the fans hear directly from the Pro's themselves in their own words, however that may sound to the listener, good or bad.
The show is not designed to create Characters or make guys look good. It is Reality Radio and some will glean more information and insight to the individuals highlighted on the show than others.
The beauty of it all is that, I remember when this show was just a thought and is now our sports REALITY!
Nice job Dan. Let the Pro's speak freely, as the hard questions and let the chips fall where they may.
Some have more dynamics and skills than others on the Air but I realize the show was simply to bring the fans up close and personal with the boys in the trenches and that is Mission accomplished no matter how you slice it up.
S. Ray

I appreciate that , well said, and we deffff appreciate dans work n stuff , its why we speakin about it , its classic what he has done

But shawn can you please encourage them gueststo speak up , seriously man, it truly does suck (and doesnt represent themselves well nor do they sell themeselves admirably , sponsors listen too  ya know) when the sound disinterested