Author Topic: Bodybuilding should change, like it was in the 1990's  (Read 4104 times)

GR

• Getbig II
Bodybuilding should change, like it was in the 1990's
« on: September 08, 2007, 03:51:23 PM »
In my opinion, bodybuilding's best years were from 1990-1999 from then its getting uglier and uglier. The best ever at their best were there. FLEX WHEELER, SHAWN RAY, DORIAN YATES, KEVIN LEVRONE, RONNIE COLEMAN, CHRIS CORMIER. There was competition, drama, all these and all the other pros were like stars.

They had personalities, charisma, the best bodybuilding bodies ever, most of the time they were at top condition. Everybody wanted to learn about them and from them. Bodybuilding (as a professional sport) was awesome, i was anxious to watch the next bfto or read then new issues of the magazines.

NOW, everything is boring, monsters with bloated stomachs, ugly with no charisma, no talent, no personalities. Most of the time they sound stupid or ready to fall asleep (a result of the crazy amount of drugs). Something must change - i dont know what, and i certainly dont know how. I just wanted to say these things and see if anyone over there agrees with me... thx...
TEAM NASSER!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: BODYBUILDING SHOULD CHANGE...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 04:10:13 PM »
I just got a headache..... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 04:12:27 PM »
he needs to learn to hit the enter key after every 2 or 3 sentence

also I am sure that most of us prefer GH guts and lack of symmetry  ::)
Here comes the money shot

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 04:15:10 PM »
Ok.Next time.I wont.Make.Long sentences.If.That gives.You.A headache.
thats all you had to say?
TEAM NASSER!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bodybuilding should change, like it was in the 1990's
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 04:17:53 PM »
If we are talking purely about the pro shows, what I see is that in the 1990's, it was easier to become a pro when you were in your 20s.  In the 2000's, some of the competitors become pro's in the late 30s.  There is still a lot of excitement when it comes to various pro shows. The Olympia, and the Arnold now are just not bodybuilding shows, but an experience with expo's and a lot more people, staged over the course of a few days. You didn't have that in the early 1990's.  

A press conference is coming up in three weeks at the Olympia? Seriously, what would you want to make it more exciting, and if you don't have someting constructive to say, just don't.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 04:21:48 PM »

A press conference is coming up in three weeks at the Olympia? Seriously, what would you want to make it more exciting?

Kamali to blow his brains out at the press conference?   ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 04:26:30 PM »

Kamali to blow his brains out at the press conference?   ;D

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

That's about the ONLY WAY he'd be remembered.......
HAHA, RON.....

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 04:27:43 PM »
If we are talking purely about the pro shows, what I see is that in the 1990's, it was easier to become a pro when you were in your 20s.  In the 2000's, some of the competitors become pro's in the late 30s.  There is still a lot of excitement when it comes to various pro shows. The Olympia, and the Arnold now are just not bodybuilding shows, but an experience with expo's and a lot more people, staged over the course of a few days. You didn't have that in the early 1990's.  

A press conference is coming up in three weeks at the Olympia? Seriously, what would you want to make it more exciting, and if you don't have someting constructive to say, just don't.

i want to say that Vince G should get his blue stars
Here comes the money shot

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 04:32:55 PM »
The ugly monsters should stop winning shows or placing good cause they are huge.The magazines should help to this direction.There will be less drugs and oils.Bodybuilding must be freaky thats why we love it,but not like this.BB should be about condition and beauty too.More young and full of excitment pros should appear to challenge the old ones,even if they arent monsters.I mean there are still people,gifted with genetics for bb,but they are not willing to give their lifes in order to become so huge.Not all can be that huge.Dillett was HUGE.Ray wasnt.Nasser was huge.Levrone was great,Flex too.For some years Ronnie was getting bigger and better.Everybody tried to be the same.Thats when it got ugly...
TEAM NASSER!

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 04:34:41 PM »
Kamali isnt a bodybuilder!
TEAM NASSER!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 04:35:29 PM »
In my opinion, bodybuilding's best years were from 1990-1999 from then its getting uglier and uglier. The best ever at their best were there. FLEX WHEELER, SHAWN RAY, DORIAN YATES, KEVIN LEVRONE, RONNIE COLEMAN, CHRIS CORMIER. There was competition, drama, all these and all the other pros were like stars.

They had personalities, charisma, the best bodybuilding bodies ever, most of the time they were at top condition. Everybody wanted to learn about them and from them. Bodybuilding (as a professional sport) was awesome, i was anxious to watch the next bfto or read then new issues of the magazines.

NOW, everything is boring, monsters with bloated stomachs, ugly with no charisma, no talent, no personalities. Most of the time they sound stupid or ready to fall asleep (a result of the crazy amount of drugs). Something must change - i dont know what, and i certainly dont know how. I just wanted to say these things and see if anyone over there agrees with me... thx...

majority of getbiggers agree...been several threads about this.

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 04:39:55 PM »
Well,iam new here...
TEAM NASSER!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 04:41:37 PM »
agreed.

when was the last time you saw this sort of quality on a pro stage?:

Flower Boy Ran Away

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 04:41:54 PM »
If we are talking purely about the pro shows, what I see is that in the 1990's, it was easier to become a pro when you were in your 20s.  In the 2000's, some of the competitors become pro's in the late 30s.  There is still a lot of excitement when it comes to various pro shows. The Olympia, and the Arnold now are just not bodybuilding shows, but an experience with expo's and a lot more people, staged over the course of a few days. You didn't have that in the early 1990's. 

I see a lot of words, but nothing concrete being said

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 04:43:09 PM »
i want to say that Vince G should get his blue stars

I agree.  That in itself would make bodybuilding 725.98% more exciting!

C'mon, Ron, hook a brother up....  for the good of the sport!  ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »

Again, no concrete answers. We got a press conference in three weeks. Seriously, what can make it exciting? As for blue stars, if he comes to the Olympia, and says hello, by all means..

The Olympia in three weeks if quite exciting. Always enjoy it, from the press conference, to the people around, to just having fun.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 04:49:05 PM »
As for blue stars, if he comes to the Olympia, and says hello, by all means..

Hear that, Vince?  All you gotta do is fly to Vegas in 3 weeks, get an audience with Don Ron, kiss the ring, and you're IN, brother!  ;D

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 04:51:06 PM »
Guys,iam from Greece.We have good bodybuilders here but no pros.BB here isnt getting any attention and people dont really like it.Only few.We read your magazines and care about your bb which is at a pro level.We dont have pro shows and we dont go to pro shows(including all europe).Its you who can change it.Dont give them money,say what you want to see.You make the industry.Show your dissaproval...
TEAM NASSER!

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »
Ron,you got a press conference in 3weeks,so speak.Show the problems.Pros must change the way they want their bodies in order to win.The athletes follow what the judges say,no matter what the cost is?So,change it.Its ugly right now.If a discussion about this starts,a serious one,something will change or else bodybuilding will die along with the pros...
TEAM NASSER!

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 04:59:04 PM »
is this concrete?
TEAM NASSER!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 05:03:14 PM »
Okay, serious post on the topic:  why does bodybuilding not seem as exciting as in in 90's? What's different?  Two words: the internet. 

In the 90's, all anyone knew about bodybuilding was what they read in the once-a-month magazines. Because these mags were professionally put together to create an "image", bodybuilding seemed like a real sport, and had sort of a mystique to it. Your information was limited, so your mind filled in the gaps with fanciful ideas that bore no semblance of the reality of the situation.  The internet has been a double-edged sword for bodybuilding...  it has raised interest, but at the same time it has exposed pro bodybuilding for the sad, pathetic reality it is. 

I agree with the original poster that there were more great physiques in the 90's, and Ron is correct that the shows/expos are a lot better now, but the real difference is the public now has "too much information" and the reality of bodybuilding just doesn't live up to the hype the mags were selling for decades.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 05:04:21 PM »
is this concrete?

No, more like mud

What is wrong with the athletes getting bigger because science has evolved? Yes, there are not as many quality pros like back in the day, but that goes with any sport or even music...most things are cyclical IMO. One day, quality will be there again.

Too many people have voiced their dissaproval and no one listens. Money talks man sorry to say and freaks put people in the seats.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 05:06:11 PM »
,something will change or else bodybuilding will die along with the pros...

No one has died since the 90's (Momo, Muntzer)

Master Blaster

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »
is this concrete?

People have been saying the same thing since the dawn of time. It was better in the old days, blah blah blah. Little miniture versions of you are going to say how bodybuilding in the year 3000 is out of hand and how great it was during the "Getbig" eara, circa 2000-2010. >:(

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 05:12:48 PM »
Goatboy i agree with you.busyB science has evolved and should help our enviromental problems or treat diseases.Bodybuilders arent robots(maybe they are).But you are right about the money.Pros are puppets and some make serious money from all this situation...
TEAM NASSER!