Author Topic: HardFitness Issue #32 Angela Terlesky Cover Model  (Read 15679 times)

jclopez

• Getbig II
  • Photographer
HardFitness Issue #32 Angela Terlesky Cover Model
« on: September 08, 2007, 07:09:23 PM »
Hi

This month our cover model is Angela Terlesky.

www.hardfitness.com/emagazine/issue32/issue32.html

Would like to thank all the people who wrote the articles.  As always "Ask Misty Green" and Rebecca Slatt Monthly Tip. With coverage of 2 events, 2007 Europa Super Show and 2007 North Americans. "Five Ways to Fight Flab and Stay Fit" by Jean Jitomir, "Priority Check" by Rebecca Slatt and video interviews.
thanks,
JC

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
Re: HardFitness Issue #32 Angela Terlesky Cover Model
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 07:17:52 PM »
fire your cover designer asap.  please.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 07:18:49 PM »
fire your cover designer asap.  please.
hahahahhaa, i was gonna say another outstanding location to shoot this girl. ;D i wonder if these chicks get scared when this photographer takes them out to the middle of nowhere and tells them to strip down.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 07:25:56 PM »
hahahahhaa, i was gonna say another outstanding location to shoot this girl. ;D i wonder if these chicks get scared when this photographer takes them out to the middle of nowhere and tells them to strip down.

middle of no where? looks like his back yard..the angle facing away from the neighbors house
Here comes the money shot

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 07:29:19 PM »
the entire cover looks the quality of a middle school newspaper

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 07:32:47 PM »
No disrespect, but that whole cover looks very cheap and amateurish. The heading and writing are very plain, and the location where you shot the girl, surely you couldn't have found somewhere better to shoot than a backyard or something.

No doubt about it...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 01:06:23 AM »

Such a shame, because the model's actually hot.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 03:39:53 AM »
Awful, absolutely awful.....and no offense intended but if that girl is "hot" than that is one of the worst pics ever because she does *not* look it to me.

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 10:18:53 AM »
I've kept my mouth shut for a long, long time regarding this these covers, but I've had enough.

Either, JC, you are doing this purposely to ignite a few fires and whispers amongst people in the industry (bad publicity is better than no publicity to some people, right?), or you have no respect for the competitors/athletes in this industry.

This is a disgrace and a slap in the face to the competitors who take this industry seriously.  These covers look cheap and only add to the stigma of bodybuilding and fitness/figure women.  The model does not look graceful; her lines are not being exhibited properly, and the entire shot itself reeks of cheapness.

By the way, this isn't a magazine.  It's a webzine.  It's not on newsstands.  You can't go to Barnes and Noble and search the racks for it.  It is simply a minor portion of a website.  If any competitor out there chooses to do a cover shot like this for the amount of money I think you're getting, then you have no respect for yourself, especially when you know for a fact that absolute worst image of your body and face will be chosen as the "winning" image.

The competitors of this industry need to realize that their actions don't just create a reflection of themselves or the photographer; they permeate throughout the pool of this industry and into every single one of us.  When you allow this to continue to occur, you allow our industry to be made a mockery of.  Go ahead.  Keep it up.  We will continue to remain on the fringe of society as a freakish cult.
Jodi

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 11:38:43 AM »
He has a unique style, not to everyones taste, but you can tell a JC pic.

I love how hes somehow to blame for everything right now,

its easy to gang up against one person, when you have many behind you.

He made a contract, you dont have to sign it, you DONT have to take your top off shoots.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 11:49:44 AM »
I've kept my mouth shut for a long, long time regarding this these covers, but I've had enough.

Either, JC, you are doing this purposely to ignite a few fires and whispers amongst people in the industry (bad publicity is better than no publicity to some people, right?), or you have no respect for the competitors/athletes in this industry.

This is a disgrace and a slap in the face to the competitors who take this industry seriously.  These covers look cheap and only add to the stigma of bodybuilding and fitness/figure women.  The model does not look graceful; her lines are not being exhibited properly, and the entire shot itself reeks of cheapness.

By the way, this isn't a magazine.  It's a webzine.  It's not on newsstands.  You can't go to Barnes and Noble and search the racks for it.  It is simply a minor portion of a website.  If any competitor out there chooses to do a cover shot like this for the amount of money I think you're getting, then you have no respect for yourself, especially when you know for a fact that absolute worst image of your body and face will be chosen as the "winning" image.

The competitors of this industry need to realize that their actions don't just create a reflection of themselves or the photographer; they permeate throughout the pool of this industry and into every single one of us.  When you allow this to continue to occur, you allow our industry to be made a mockery of.  Go ahead.  Keep it up.  We will continue to remain on the fringe of society as a freakish cult.

I don't see much diifference between this picture of you and the cover shot, apart from the style of photography,

If you want to say he sucks as a photographer, then that is your right, and opinion, to judge him artisticly,

but, to call him tacky, when most of the industry is designed to cater for seedy little schmoes is laughable.

Hes the same as the rest, he may take a different style of picture, and have contracts etc, but don't make him a scapegoat for the state of the womens sport.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »

The pot calling the kettle black.  The pic is fine.  What kind of respect and main stream acceptance do you really think out there waiting for FBB?  Each person should get what they can get out of it for themselves.  Will you be handing her money you make doing your provocative shots, so she should pass on her chance to make a living?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 12:07:52 PM »

Next he tells them to "Squeal like a pig"... ::)
As empty as paradise

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 12:46:04 PM »
most of the industry is designed to cater for seedy little schmoes is laughable.

As opposed to the seedy big schmoes that you find preferable?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 12:48:08 PM »
  The pic is fine. 

I thought it was supposed to be a fitness magazine.  Oh well, there ain't no accountin' for good taste.

As I said before, it's a shame, because the model is hot.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 01:05:33 PM »
As opposed to the seedy big schmoes that you find preferable?

Oh brother,

face it, JC is in your head, hes currently ruling your thoughts,  ::)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 01:11:39 PM »
I thought it was supposed to be a fitness magazine.  Oh well, there ain't no accountin' for good taste.

As I said before, it's a shame, because the model is hot.

Good Taste? could you please explain?  Please tell me what is so tasteless about the pic
There is no nudity, no pink, I really dont see the problem.  Maybe you are seeing something I am not?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 01:12:43 PM »
Oh brother,

face it, JC is in your head, hes currently ruling your thoughts,  ::)

I'm in yours...schmoe.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »
I'm in yours...schmoe.

I'd take it easy on the rum if I were you, you havn't got many brain cells left it seems.  ::)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 01:20:08 PM »
Good Taste? could you please explain?  Please tell me what is so tasteless about the pic
There is no nudity, no pink, I really dont see the problem.  Maybe you are seeing something I am not?

Its funny not many are saying Kriztis nude shots are tasteless.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 01:20:19 PM »
Ah, ya got me there.   ::)  

Next...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 02:04:42 PM »
Tre,

I don't get it - you two shared a mansion a while back at the USAs? JC has his own style, but even though I don't agree with the way he has a contract, that is up to the person who actually signs it. Besides, it doesnt affect magazine or non-pay sites in terms of shooting or putting up pictures. But if the contract calls for payments, and actually paid expenses, some people would like that.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 03:27:19 PM »
I think it's important to remember that JC does publish a monthly online magazine for women's fitness, figure, and BB, which includes good articles, information, and contest coverage.  JC's contest coverage is fantastic and much appreciated. 

Everyone has their own tastes and styles, and that's cool.  Once again, I will just say that I shot with JC in Chicago in June, and I am extremely pleased with the photos. 

:)

:)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 04:15:57 PM »

He is obviously doing it to piss people off. I think it's funny, I don't think he could make a worse cover if he tried. ;D
E

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 04:37:07 PM »
I shot with JC back in 2003 and 2004 as well, and there are a mixture of good shots as well as bad ones.  It is the model's responsibility as well as the photographer's responsibility to showcase the model's physique and the photographer's work in the best way possible.  Unfortunately, JC consistently chooses images--to advertise his site--that display a model in a very awkward, ungraceful manner and with poor lighting and little touch up.

I personally wish the quality of images dedicated to stage shots transferred over to the individual, model images, but for some reason, that isn't done.  I actually think JC could simply choose a different stage shot each month and create just as much or even more success in his webzine and bypass all of this criticism.  Of course, the constant chatter regarding the quality of these images only draws curious minds to his page, and this is most likely his ulterior motive.

Is there a difference in the attire between the photo of me you displayed, Luv2Hurt, and the one on JC's cover?  No.  But there is a huge difference in the stance and placement of legs, arms, and torso.  And there is a humongous difference in lighting and the polished quality of the photos.  The photo you chose of me was taken by a photographer outside of the fitness industry, one who is known for his lighting techniques and ability to capture shadows and to show the best features of his models in an artistic manner.  By the way, for photography credit, that photographer's name is Bob Warren, and he is based out of Houston, Texas.  That was one of about 12 images or so that I received from that shoot, for which I did get paid just as much as when I worked with JC when he was affiliated with HerBiceps.  There were about 30 or more images taken, but only the ones that were really good and really had potential were kept and cleaned up for public viewing.  The rest were discarded.

On the other point you might have been trying to make, Luv2Hurt, I made some decisions in 2004 to do images that I haven't chosen to do in the past year or so.  While I do think I've done some very creative work in the past, I also wish I had looked ahead to the other goals in my life and made some different choices.  It's easy to get wrapped up in this industry and forget that it won't carry you very far.  This is a hobby industry, not a career-making one, unless you capitalize on a particular skill you have and utilize your titles to advertise that skill.

By the way, I never brought up anything regarding the contract.  I'm not touching that subject at all except to say that a model should read every single word on any piece of paper she receives and is asked to sign and even ask an expert for a reading of the contract and a second opinion.
Jodi