Author Topic: How far could Dennis Wolf go?  (Read 11193 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
How far could Dennis Wolf go?
« on: September 08, 2007, 10:51:30 PM »

If he were American, maybe Mr. Olympia...
I hate the State.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: How far could Dennis Wolf go?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 03:34:41 AM »
nah... he's good but Toney owns him

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:00:18 AM »
Toney Freeman & Dennis Wolf right now  where the only "heavy Top-Pros" (over 260 lbs comp-weight) which also present an excellent X-Frame. Normally Dennis Wolf had more perspective to grow and get better and better in the future than 40 year old Freeman.
If things will go good for Dennis he maybe can be in 2 Years a real contender for the Top 3 in the Mr. Olympia.
This year i believe he can place in the Top 10 (Dennis James said that he made good improvements since his last contests).

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »
it's because they are tall, their weight matched their height

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 04:49:47 PM »
Toney Freeman & Dennis Wolf right now  where the only "heavy Top-Pros" (over 260 lbs comp-weight) which also present an excellent X-Frame. Normally Dennis Wolf had more perspective to grow and get better and better in the future than 40 year old Freeman.
If things will go good for Dennis he maybe can be in 2 Years a real contender for the Top 3 in the Mr. Olympia.
This year i believe he can place in the Top 10 (Dennis James said that he made good improvements since his last contests).

He's German; he will never be a top contender...
I hate the State.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 06:15:14 AM »

I believe that`s only a negative factor for the first pro contests. As more he compete, and as better he is getting, the more he will be noticed and popular in the US and the judges will place him right on the place that he really deserves. Who knows ?, Maybe Dennis will settle down in the US when he is one of the Top 6 Pros worldwide, and so he will be present for the big american BB-mags yearround ?
But right now he has a strong team in germany behind him with much "know how" in contest preparation (Pit, Martina, Detlef, Winfried....the same people worked with Günther Schlierkamp, Roland Cziurlok, Frank Hillebrand, and many other good Bodybuilders).

Master Blaster

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 05:21:13 PM »

Only Austrians can win.  ::)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 05:47:06 PM »

If he were American, maybe Mr. Olympia...

depends on how many cocks he will suck

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 01:53:48 AM »

Great post ! The main thing that's being brought into question in this Thread ( please see Title ) is, " How far could Dennis Wolf go ? " not " Where will he place at this year's Olympia ? ". At least that's my understanding. In my opinion, Dennis Wolf will go very far in Professional Bodybuilding. Much like Freeman said in a recent interview, " Judges want to go back to a more aesthetic look ... " meaning the " X-frame ". Dennis certainly presents that and much more ! I have yet to see a Contest pic in which Dennis IS NOT conditioned ( i.e - RIPPED TO THE FUCKING BONE ) The only criticism I have is his high Lats and Lower Back detail. You can see what I'm talking about in the picture provided below ( mind you, I didn't say it was HORRIBLE ... just not complete ... almost lacking in some way ) :

JasonWojo

• Getbig II
  • True Protein Athlete
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 03:15:01 AM »
I think Dennis can take it as far as he wants.  He has a phenomenal physique.  Realistically though, he'd probably have to move to the US to really get into the loop.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 05:07:26 AM »
I think Dennis can take it as far as he wants.  He has a phenomenal physique.  Realistically though, he'd probably have to move to the US to really get into the loop.

What do you mean by that ... " to really get into the loop " ? I certainly hope you don't mean he move to the US to better his chances in Winning because if that's the case perhaps you've never heard of a guy that went by the nickname, " The Shadow ".

I agree with the first half of your post, " I think Dennis can take it as far as he wants. ", however, I think it would be best that he takes himself wherever he wants GRADUALLY. If he can take small steps ( see : Toney Freeman ) rather than big ones ( as most Competitive Bodybuilders do, unfortunately ) then I can see him doing some MAJOR DAMAGE in the Pro ranks ! He's got it all ... he just needs to be patient !   

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 10:02:48 AM »
I see this cat going far! I'm a newfound fan of his.  8)

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 04:48:09 PM »
depends on how many cocks he will suck

LOL, how funny!
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 03:44:23 AM »
He will go far in the sport and his structure is good in the sense that he won't bloat out like other guys his height if they try to back on too much mass - I can never see Wolf having a gut. There's not a lot he can do about the high lats - but you can't say he hasn't made the best of what he's bee given - that's the mark of a champion right there. The only thing I would like to see him work on is his calf mass - other than that I see no reason why he can't win the Olympia in years to come.

xjeffx

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 10:20:56 AM »
Wolf will win an olympia...if he doesn't its a crime, the guys hugh with a great frame and very good symmetry. And as far as comparing wolf and freeman, toney is not even in his league, Freeman is way overrated.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »
Wolf will win an olympia...if he doesn't its a crime, the guys hugh with a great frame and very good symmetry. And as far as comparing wolf and freeman, toney is not even in his league, Freeman is way overrated.

I wouldn't say Freeman is overrated, but im confident that Wolf will surpass what Tony has been able to bring to the table. Yes Wolf has high lats, but it gives him a unique look, and even though in the back shots he may not appear to be as thick as Cutler, he is without a doubt the widest guy up there.

Obviously Wolf has some flaws, but he still already presents the type of physique bb'ing needs (at only 28), so in 5 years, provided the gut stays in check, he will (hopefully) be unbeatable. Its safe to say he will be a Mr Olympia within 2-3 years.
No doubt about it...

The Next BIG Thing!

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Trample the leaves, hurdle the deadfalls.
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »
Wolf's calves are crap. Am I the only one who'll acknowledge that for the huge, insurmountable flaw that it is?

TNBT
Only 25 characters!?

AVBG

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »
Mr O

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 09:33:48 PM »
Wolf's calves are crap. Am I the only one who'll acknowledge that for the huge, insurmountable flaw that it is?
TNBT

Yes they are crap, but face facts, calves are the one bodypart that matter the least. It would be great he if had big calves, but regardless it wont affect his placings.
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 10:55:35 PM »
Yes they are crap, but face facts, calves are the one bodypart that matter the least. It would be great he if had big calves, but regardless it wont affect his placings.

You have great genetics AND great calves.
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 12:08:32 AM »
You have great genetics AND great calves.

Yep, bigger than Wolf's already :o
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 12:25:40 AM »
Yep, bigger than Wolf's already :o

You are greater than Wolf; you are a Dire Wolf!
I hate the State.

Moosejay

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
He is outstanding....but, for the olympia...I am afraid calves and back will disallow him from ever taking the crown.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 03:53:22 PM »

Both Arnold and Ronnie had small calves (though both improved them tremendously).  Calves seem like a bodypart that can be forgiven on some level, since it's genetically all or nothing. 

Back is another matter, but Wolf's waistline makes that back look awfully wide, if not thick.

The Next BIG Thing!

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Trample the leaves, hurdle the deadfalls.
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 08:42:36 AM »
I hear what you say, Frog, about calves being genetically have or don't-have. Still, disregarding a shite body part and awarding the greatest prize in BB on the strength of everything else, is a dodgy road to go down.

By the same token, can you say Arnold's arms aren't such a great achievement, given that genetics allowed them to get so big and peaked-out, therefore he shouldn't have won so many Olympias due to having those and a huge chest?

I've heard it said that Lee Haney sometimes did perfunctory workouts, confident that his body would respond to a token few sets.

Can we take back his Sandows, citing that he won them too easily?

Ya see what I mean?

Very few folks have great-everything, but Dennis Wolf's calves are the most proportionally poor I've seen on a high-profile BBer since Bill Grant.

It takes away too much from the entire package.

TNBT
Only 25 characters!?