Author Topic: Tom Brady and randy Moss!!!  (Read 20029 times)

body88

Re: Tom Brady and randy Moss!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2007, 05:43:22 AM »
The ol argument that Manning 's offensive weapons did not help him put up monster stats over his career is starting to look like swiss cheese. Of course he is HOF qb, who is extremley talented. Not taking a thing away from the guy. But his weapons and his line have helped him much more then the Manning fans would like to admit. After three games Brady is putting up huge numbers playing better teams. The difference? Some real weapons and a offensive line that gives him great protection. I could only imagine what this guy could do it he had been playing with Moss, Welker, Maroney and Stallworth over his entire career, instead of just 3 games. It is still very early, but these are some serious numbers considering Brady has only been playing with these recievers for 3 games. Moss and Stallworth missed a bunch of camp, and most the preseason. The pats offensive line is also give him Manning like time to throw. Recievers and offensive wepaons DO make a difference.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2007, 06:47:53 AM »
The ol argument that Manning 's offensive weapons did not help him put up monster stats over his career is starting to look like swiss cheese. Of course he is HOF qb, who is extremley talented. Not taking a thing away from the guy. But his weapons and his line have helped him much more then the Manning fans would like to admit. After three games Brady is putting up huge numbers playing better teams. The difference? Some real weapons and a offensive line that gives him great protection. I could only imagine what this guy could do it he had been playing with Moss, Welker, Maroney and Stallworth over his entire career, instead of just 3 games. It is still very early, but these are some serious numbers considering Brady has only been playing with these recievers for 3 games. Moss and Stallworth missed a bunch of camp, and most the preseason. The pats offensive line is also give him Manning like time to throw. Recievers and offensive wepaons DO make a difference.

Are you trying to say Brady is as good as Manning? ;D
E

body88

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2007, 06:52:07 AM »
He has always been as good as Manning. My point is weapons do make the difference.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2007, 06:56:41 AM »
He has always been as good as Manning. My point is weapons do make the difference.

Always? In college too? I thought he was a 6th round draft choice?
E

body88

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2007, 06:58:34 AM »
Always? In college too? I thought he was a 6th round draft choice?

Manning coulden't win the big one in college. Carr might have won more games had he not sat Brady in favor of the popular choice. What does that matter anyway? Are you saying a guy like Decon Jones who made a name for himself in the nfl is not as good as a guy who was highly touted at a big time program.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2007, 07:00:20 AM »
Manning coulden't win the big one in college. Carr might have won more games had he not sat Brady in favor of the popular choice. What does that matter anyway? Are you saying a guy like Decon Jones who made a name for himself in the nfl is not as good as a guy who was highly touted at a big time program.

Brady is good. I just think saying he was always as good as Manning is a stretch.
E

body88

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2007, 07:02:41 AM »
Brady is good. I just think saying he was always as good as Manning is a stretch.

I think Brady has been just as good as Manning in the NFL all things taken into account.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2007, 07:03:47 AM »
I think Brady has been just as good as Manning in the NFL all things taken into account.

Ok, fair enough. You do seem a little biased when it comes to the Patriots though. I admit they are good this year, but you seem obsessed :o
E

body88

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2007, 07:07:51 AM »
Ok, fair enough. You do seem a little biased when it comes to the Patriots though. I admit they are good this year, but you seem obsessed :o

Well you are in the patriots thread I started to talk about the team.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2007, 07:08:37 AM »
Well you are in the patriots thread I started to talk about the team.

I read a lot :)
E

body88

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2007, 07:10:29 AM »
I read a lot :)

I like to talk about footbal in general. Not many people post in depth stuff. I talk about the pats a lot because I know a good deal about the team.

You should start a lions thread. Talk about there games and shit.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2007, 07:12:06 AM »
I like to talk about footbal in general. Not many people post in depth stuff. I talk about the pats a lot because I know a good deal about the team.

You should start a lions thread. Talk about there games and shit.

That would get depressing in the end, trust me. Don't be fooled by the 2-1 start. They only beat the Raiders and Vikings. :-\
E

body88

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2007, 07:12:50 AM »
That would get depressing in the end, trust me. Don't be fooled by the 2-1 start. They only beat the Raiders and Vikings. :-\

How is Johnson doing?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2007, 07:18:43 AM »
How is Johnson doing?

I don't know. I better check. Thanks.
E

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2007, 01:01:26 PM »

I agree, its hard for me to take your post about the Pats seriously.
and Brady has always had a good o-line, and better defense. A solid O-line and great defense wins more championships than a spectacular offense. Just ask Brady and Manning.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2007, 01:07:10 PM »

Didn't Manning go 3-1 in Bowl appearances? How else do you measure "The Big One" in college ball?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »
Didn't Manning go 3-1 in Bowl appearances? How else do you measure "The Big One" in college ball?

Florida handed him his ass every year ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2007, 01:21:26 PM »
Brady is my Fantasy QB and all I have to say is that I am tops in my league (of only 8 )

L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »

Florida handed him his ass every year ;D

Not his senior year when he won the SEC title...

body88

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2007, 04:16:27 PM »
I agree, its hard for me to take your post about the Pats seriously.
and Brady has always had a good o-line, and better defense. A solid O-line and great defense wins more championships than a spectacular offense. Just ask Brady and Manning.

Manning has always had the better offensive line. The guy never miss games. Why do you think he is NEVER injured. Look up the stats. The colts had a better defense then the pats several times, look it up. 2001 especially.The pats have not always had a better d. In 2005 for the pats d was decimated. In 2001 the pats where built with a bunch of draft picks, tape and free agents.Yes there where years the pats d was better, so what? Dungy is a defensive coach. Look what he did in Tampa. Winning championships is a team thing. We are talking about offensive performance/numbers relative to weapons in this thread.

I cant take a post in which you reference Brady's offensive line over Manning's serious. Manning's has always been better. Guess who had the fewest sacks per drop back in the NFL last season by far? If defense is the only thing that wins games colrs should have lost to the ravens last year.

Show me in this post what stats or statements I have said that are "crazy" I think you don't like that I called out LT for being a bad leader and a crybaby when things don't go his way.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2007, 06:32:48 PM »
Manning has always had the better offensive line. The guy never miss games. Why do you think he is NEVER injured. Look up the stats. The colts had a better defense then the pats several times, look it up. 2001 especially.The pats have not always had a better d. In 2005 for the pats d was decimated. In 2001 the pats where built with a bunch of draft picks, tape and free agents.Yes there where years the pats d was better, so what? Dungy is a defensive coach. Look what he did in Tampa. Winning championships is a team thing. We are talking about offensive performance/numbers relative to weapons in this thread.

I cant take a post in which you reference Brady's offensive line over Manning's serious. Manning's has always been better. Guess who had the fewest sacks per drop back in the NFL last season by far? If defense is the only thing that wins games colrs should have lost to the ravens last year.

Show me in this post what stats or statements I have said that are "crazy" I think you don't like that I called out LT for being a bad leader and a crybaby when things don't go his way.

umm..ok..wow! im thinking your favorite team is the Patriots.

and i could care less if you called out LT, you can call out anyone you want to in the NFL.. ::)

the years the Pats won the superbowl where was there defense ranked compared to the Colts. The Colts played spectacular defense last year when it counted and low and behold they won the SB.
"Manning has always had the better offensive line. The guy never miss games"  so with that logic being that Favre hasnt missed a game in how long, his O-line must be the best. 
 and i didnt say defense is the only thing that wins SB's but its a majority factor.
  dont get mad at the fact that when you post things about the Pats some people dont take you seriously, being that youre such a huge fan it compromises your objectivity. nothing wrong with being a fan but it can cloud your judgment at times.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2007, 06:41:25 PM »

I cant take a post in which you reference Brady's offensive line over Manning's serious. Manning's has always been better.

and where did i exactly reference that Brady's O-line over Manning's?

like i said youre such fan you read what you want to read. :-\
   really where did i say that?.......

body88

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »
  umm..ok..wow! im thinking your favorite team is the Patriots.

and i could care less if you called out LT, you can call out anyone you want to in the NFL.. ::)

the years the Pats won the superbowl where was there defense ranked compared to the Colts. The Colts played spectacular defense last year when it counted and low and behold they won the SB.
"Manning has always had the better offensive line. The guy never miss games"  so with that logic being that Favre hasnt missed a game in how long, his O-line must be the best. 
 and i didnt say defense is the only thing that wins SB's but its a majority factor.
  dont get mad at the fact that when you post things about the Pats some people dont take you seriously, being that youre such a huge fan it compromises your objectivity. nothing wrong with being a fan but it can cloud your judgment at times.

My point about Manning never missing a game is backed up by the fact the stats say he had by far the best offensive line in football last year. He has always had a great line. Look up his drop back to sack ratio over his career. That is where I got that from , not how he is never injured. The colts had one of the best teams ever in 2004, they got slapped around. Stop making excuses. As good as the pats d was the colts O was always insane. Its all relative.

If you guys don't like what I have to say about the pats start up a thread about your fav team. Im still waiting for you to find me some posts showing my "crazy" biased driven posts. Me being a fan has nothing to do with posting stats. Objectivity has nothing to do with Manning have far Superior offensive weapons over his career. That is a fact. Brady has had three sets of sub par receivers over his career, manning has had the same set of hall of fame and pro bowl receivers since he started. A hall of fame back in Edge compared to freaking Antwone Smith. A better offensive line and the same coaching staff since he started. I don't understand why you keep talking about superbowls and defensive rank is a thread dedicated to offensive performance. If anything it hurts your argument since Manning had to pass so much more, and stay on the field so much longer in the years the pats had a better d. he had many more opportunity's to use those weapons. Notice in 2005 Brady passed for over 4100 yards when the d was all torn up?

Manning is a great qb. One of the greatest. Brady is right there with him. What do you want to talk about? Pocket awareness? There is no one better then Brady. Brady is just as accurate and has just as quick of a release. Manning is better with the deep ball, but as Brady has shown this year he damn good himself when he has some wr's who can actually get separation. Arm strength? Brady has a very strong arm. That bomb he threw in the bills game was one of the hardest throws you could ever make. 50 yards over the shoulder, 2 yards in front off the wr, along the sideline to a guy in full stride where the defender cant get at it. Over his career Brady has also shown he is cool under pressure , while Manning has shown the majority off the time he is not.

body88

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2007, 07:53:06 PM »
   and where did i exactly reference that Brady's O-line over Manning's?

like i said youre such fan you read what you want to read. :-\
   really where did i say that?.......

Did you edit that post  :-\

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2007, 09:30:09 PM »

nope! sorry but i didnt edit the post its in the first line of the second paragraph  :)

so i guess i'll ask again, where exactly did i reference Brady's O-line over Manning'??

and again youre such a fan you read what you want to read..... :-\

nothing personal but you seem fairly insecure about your Pats..and thats difficult to do over the internet. i must give you credit you really are a loyal fan.