Author Topic: Tom Brady and randy Moss!!!  (Read 20188 times)

body88

Re: Tom Brady and randy Moss!!!
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2007, 04:31:42 AM »
nope! sorry but i didnt edit the post its in the first line of the second paragraph  :)

so i guess i'll ask again, where exactly did i reference Brady's O-line over Manning'??

and again youre such a fan you read what you want to read..... :-\

nothing personal but you seem fairly insecure about your Pats..and thats difficult to do over the internet. i must give you credit you really are a loyal fan.

Yes, insecure because I post more then a one liner I heard on pti  ::) This board is meant for sports discussion. I happen to be a huge pats fan, so I post about them. Some times in depth. Still not sure why you changed the topic of this thread and brought in defenses and superbowls. This thread is about offensive weapons and how they effect performance. You failed to answer any of the actual football questions I posed. Lastly that first post you made was edited by you.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2007, 06:18:07 AM »
Not his senior year when he won the SEC title...

Really? I thought he never beat them.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2007, 10:57:49 AM »

Really? I thought he never beat them.

I really don't know about the one on one matchups that year, but since Florida and Tennessee are both in the SEC, and they won the title his Sr. year... then they must have gotten the best of them in some way.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2007, 12:19:27 PM »
Yes, insecure because I post more then a one liner I heard on pti  ::) This board is meant for sports discussion. I happen to be a huge pats fan, so I post about them. Some times in depth. Still not sure why you changed the topic of this thread and brought in defenses and superbowls. This thread is about offensive weapons and how they effect performance. You failed to answer any of the actual football questions I posed. Lastly that first post you made was edited by you.

I dont mean any disrespect but you need to work on your reading and comprehension.  its understandable that you would get defensive. what questions did you ask exactly? and how about you answer mine? i reposted it twice and as much as you would like to think i edited your post, sorry i didnt that excuse is weak.
so for a third time..
  - where exactly did i reference Brady's O-line over Manning in any of my posts? you stated in your post that i did..

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2007, 12:41:44 PM »

Ok even though im at work, as much as it pained me i re-read your posts and the only relevent question you asked me was about pocket awareness...and of course you said that Brady was the best (surprise ::)). so what other questions did you ask? the few you did were rhetorical.
  i'll stand by my first post(and all of them ). i simply stated that you were not objective, and that the Pats always had a good o-line, and good defense.
 so as to what questions you asked me earlier?

body88

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2007, 08:32:26 PM »
Randy Moss. 4th game in a row with over a hundred yards with a new team (1st time in NFL history).All he cost was a 4th round pick , and a conditional 1 year contract for 3 million bucks? Trade of the century for NE.

That catch he made in the endzone was plain old insane. Harrison is back next week. NE d was impressive tonight only giving up 13 points to the high powered cinci offense without colvin Seymour , or Harrison.

Hopefully big Sey is ready for week 6. It will be good to get hgharrison back this week. Hopefully hes been jacking up the doses. I kidddd I kiddd  ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Randy Moss and Tom Brady!!!
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2007, 12:02:26 AM »
Randy Moss just said that he wasn't going to comment on his performance, that is for the talk shows and game shows. ???

Exactly what he and the coaches know will keep him out of trouble. Nothing negative, only positive given his history and this context.

So far just upsides from this gamble to upgrade the team to great.

body88

Re: Randy Moss and Tom Brady!!!
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2007, 04:26:13 AM »
Exactly what he and the coaches know will keep him out of trouble. Nothing negative, only positive given his history and this context.

So far just upsides from this gamble to upgrade the team to great.

I have to admit you where right. I was leary of this guy before he came. Just like I was with Dillion. Fact is the media made Randy out to be this evil guy. Those who don't see him up close get spoon fed this crap that he is a terrible guy. All I have heard is how much his teammates love him. How hard he works, and what a great football mind he has. Just watching him interact with guys like Bruschi, Brady , Seymour and co you can see he enjoys his teammates. Bellichick loves him as well as Kraft.

Last night Moss brought 45 guests to the game. All underprivileged children from the Virginia area. He had them all on the pats sideline and was interacting with them all game. Stuff like that never makes "soap opera" tv (espn)

Randys offensive output = two td's per game and double to triple coverage at all times. That is without even using Stallworth much. Trade of a lifetime. Randy is a big part of the fact you cannot stop the pats offense. You want the pass you are giving them the ground , and vice versa. Hell it dont even matter if Moss is covered. He cant be beat on jump balls. Last nights catch was just silly.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2007, 09:35:40 AM »
Fucking bitch Maroney sat out the game after he was expected to start. Cost me some very valuable fantasy points and I lost this week's game. Bastard!

I really question this kid's ability to stay healthy. He's ALWAYS nicked up. I really don't think this kid has a long term future in the NFL.

He's only 22 years old and he gets hurt this much. If he's this injury-prone at such a young age then I don't see him being a feature back in the NFL as he approaches his mid to late 20's. You get older, it takes longer to come back from injuries.

Sure, he's super talented. But if you can't stay healthy, the team you play for will start to second guess whether you're worth the long term commitment.

body88

« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2007, 12:11:07 PM »
Fucking bitch Maroney sat out the game after he was expected to start. Cost me some very valuable fantasy points and I lost this week's game. Bastard!

I really question this kid's ability to stay healthy. He's ALWAYS nicked up. I really don't think this kid has a long term future in the NFL.

He's only 22 years old and he gets hurt this much. If he's this injury-prone at such a young age then I don't see him being a feature back in the NFL as he approaches his mid to late 20's. You get older, it takes longer to come back from injuries.

Sure, he's super talented. But if you can't stay healthy, the team you play for will start to second guess whether you're worth the long term commitment.

Maroney played in 14 games last year. I don't really think that is injury proned. He took an unlucky shot to the ribs from Bob Sanders which tore his rib cartilage. Not much you can do about that one. Don't forget Bill had him returning kicks also. That adds to the wear and tear a young back takes. Maroney led the league in kick return yardage before he got hurt. I see your point tho. He has been dinged up.

As for last night, I think he could have went. Why start him if his backup is capable of going over 100 yards? I think bb rested him in favor of Morris to make sure he stays healthy and avoids nagging injuries. A groin can be a bitch if you don't rest it.

My one thing with Maroney is hitting the hole. he is a cut back back , but if he actually hits the hole he has some big power. I am not going to call him injury proned yet. A guy like sanders for the colts who misses hella time is injury proned imo. If Maroney misses more then two games this year due to injury then I might change my stance.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2007, 02:34:53 PM »
After 4 games, it looks like Pats v. Colts may tell us who our next Super Bowl champion will be. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2007, 09:25:21 AM »
Maroney played in 14 games last year. I don't really think that is injury proned. He took an unlucky shot to the ribs from Bob Sanders which tore his rib cartilage. Not much you can do about that one. Don't forget Bill had him returning kicks also. That adds to the wear and tear a young back takes. Maroney led the league in kick return yardage before he got hurt. I see your point tho. He has been dinged up.

As for last night, I think he could have went. Why start him if his backup is capable of going over 100 yards? I think bb rested him in favor of Morris to make sure he stays healthy and avoids nagging injuries. A groin can be a bitch if you don't rest it.

My one thing with Maroney is hitting the hole. he is a cut back back , but if he actually hits the hole he has some big power. I am not going to call him injury proned yet. A guy like sanders for the colts who misses hella time is injury proned imo. If Maroney misses more then two games this year due to injury then I might change my stance.

Disagree. He's got franchise talent but he's made of glass. Until he revamps his running style, he won't be able to stay out of the trainer's room.

body88

« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2007, 09:31:02 AM »
Disagree. He's got franchise talent but he's made of glass. Until he revamps his running style, he won't be able to stay out of the trainer's room.

Made of glass? Did you watch him play in college at all?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2007, 10:19:37 AM »
Made of glass? Did you watch him play in college at all?

Sure did. But his health never came into play until he became a pro. Different level of competition. You won't find one person who knows football that wouldn't diagree with the notion that he needs to change his style of play in order to stay healthy.

I don't recall Fred Taylor being injury-prone at Florida until he became a pro so that's not really a strong argument on your behalf, no offense.

body88

« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2007, 11:09:27 AM »
Sure did. But his health never came into play until he became a pro. Different level of competition. You won't find one person who knows football that wouldn't diagree with the notion that he needs to change his style of play in order to stay healthy.

I don't recall Fred Taylor being injury-prone at Florida until he became a pro so that's not really a strong argument on your behalf, no offense.

I agree with the premise the kid has been nicked up. But I don't agree that he is made out of glass. Maroney played in 14 games last year and also doubled as a return man in a vast majority of them. He was held out of the cinci game because he didnt have to play.

Made out of glass is a bold statement. A guy like Bob Sanders who misses ample time every year due to injury is more deserving of a moniker like that. I will hold of on calling Maroney made out of glass until he shows he is. Torn Rib cardalidge is not a nagging hammy. Thats a big hit and bad luck. Just my opinion.

If Maroney misses ample time this year due to nagging injury I would have no problem admitting he is injury proned.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2007, 02:08:18 PM »
Do you agree that he needs to alter his style of play to prevent future injuries, bro?

body88

« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »
Do you agree that he needs to alter his style of play to prevent future injuries, bro?

Yes. He runs way to tall at times. I don't disagree with your post entirely. Just the made out of glass part. If he stays on the bench this season I will have no problem whatsoever agreeing fully with you. Imo the kick returns had a lot to do with the wear on his body last year.

If you play in 14 games your rookie year while bringing back kicks I dont see how you are made of glass.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »
This just in. Lawrence Marouney is injury prone. (there are reports that he could miss more time after this week)Out for the second week in a row. He's not returning kicks this season either.

Sorry body88. Not injury prone, you say?

Not buying in.

body88

« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2007, 03:11:04 PM »
This just in. Lawrence Marouney is injury prone. (there are reports that he could miss more time after this week)Out for the second week in a row. He's not returning kicks this season either.

Sorry body88. Not injury prone, you say?

Not buying in.

Sammy Morris got over 100 yards on the browns today. Imo Beli is more concerned with a healthy feature rb for the Dallas game, then making him go at 80 percent so fantasy football players can get td's. Absolutly no need to make Maroney go when he is a little banged up, and when his backup gets over 100 yards on the regular.

Why make him go banged up when you dont need to? I agree Maroney has been nicked up, but the pats are thinking in term opf preservation for the season , not ff td's. No need for the guy to go why risk the re injury?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2007, 03:20:46 PM »

Sammy Morris got over 100 yards on the browns today. Pretty sure Beli is more concerned with a healthy first rb for the Dallas then making him go at 80 percent so fantasy football players can get td's. Absolutly no need to make Maroney go when he is a little banged up when his backup gets over 100 yards on the regular.

Why make him go banged up when you dont need to?

I don't think it was a question of whether he was willing to go because there are early reports indicating he's a couple of weeks away from returning

I don't think he's 80%.

body88

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2007, 03:51:12 PM »
I heard Maroney was suited up when he was told he would not go vs cinci. Why would he make the trip if he was a couple weeks away? It's not like they needed him with Morris/Faulk/Evans able to go and Rudy out with a injured hammie.

Imo Maroney would have went if this was a must win today. Like I said if you have the luxery of being able to stick your feature backs backup in and expect over 100 yards, why rush a guy back when he is nicked up? No reason for it. The season is sixteen weeks, why not let guys get to 100 percent when you can? That would be the smart move if you are trying to keep a team as healthy as possible for the long haul.

The pats O does not revolve around Maroney. Morris is capable of ripping off 100 plus yards any time he steps in a game. Jus my opinion. My money says he returns for Dallas fresh and ready to roll. In turn Morris will get his rest.

I jus cant see beli starting a guy when he is not 100 percent if he has the luxery to rest him and let his backup's get some reps. We shall see come next week. Who knows really, the pats would list a player who retired as day to day ;)

body88

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2007, 06:35:17 AM »
The moss watch...

Leading the NFL in reception yards as of today. Passed his entire yardage total from 2006 in 5 games so far. Imo faced his first game where he was not the feature player due to Romeo trying to take him out of the picture. Brady missed moss a few times keeping his total for the day at 65 yards and no td's. Brady miss fired on a nice thirty yard hookup that would have led to a score. To high.

Moss was seen joking with his teamates and signing autographs for kids during /after the game. Looks like he was fine with not getting his hundred plus yards and 2 td's. After five games and an entire preseason this guy has been nothing but a great addition.

Brady has 16 tds and only 2 ints through fives games  :o  Qb rating still over 120. He had his worst day yesterday of the season. Went 25 for 38, 265 yards, 3td's, no ints. The d was not pressuring him, he was just off for whatever reason. Not bad for a off day @ the office. Brady is a serious MVP contender this season.

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2007, 10:23:48 AM »
Randy Moss. 4th game in a row with over a hundred yards with a new team (1st time in NFL history).All he cost was a 4th round pick , and a conditional 1 year contract for 3 million bucks? Trade of the century for NE.

All I know is that 4th round pick better become one helluva player. Raiders were robbed!!! Call the police!!!
I Bleed PhillyEagle

body88

« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2007, 10:27:09 AM »
All I know is that 4th round pick better become one helluva player. Raiders were robbed!!! Call the police!!!

NE nabbed there third round pick in 2008 also. I would have been weary of Randy had he not only cost a fourth. Not to mention his contract is set up so he can be cut if they wish at any point. He is only getting three million bucks over his contract.

So far the guy has been a great teammate and AWESOME game breaker. His teammates love the guy. After seeing Randy interact with his team, the fans and all charity's I can say the media had a HUGE part in making this guy out to be a villain. Not saying Randy has not done some stupid things in the past, but he gets dragged through the mud much worse then is warrented.

body88

« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2007, 07:13:45 AM »
Tom Brady  1771 yards passing , 21 tds, 2 ints, qb rating off 128.9. Only qb in NFL history to pass for at least 3 td's in 6 consecutive starts. Just ridiculous numbers.

Randy Moss  40 receptions , 671 yards receiving , 8 td's , 15.1 avg.