Author Topic: THE ANTI-COLEMAN CONSPIRACY  (Read 4732 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
THE ANTI-COLEMAN CONSPIRACY
« on: September 09, 2007, 07:12:12 PM »
Is it just me, or does there seem to be a misinformation campaign being waged against the 8-time Mr. Olympia?

First, some anonymous person states without any documentation, that Ronnie tore his tricep.  A few photoshopped and ill-angled photographs are posted purporting to support this "theory" when in reality, it's completely untrue.  The result, however, is that people now "see" something that isn't there, and the judges can justify marking Coleman down because of his lack of "symmetry".  Ignore if you will, that these are, for the most part, the same judges who never marked Yates down for his own lack of symmetry when Dorian's bicep disappeared for a few Mr. Olympias, despite Dorian's imbalance being both obvious and embarrassing.

Rather than ignore the accusations and misinformation about Ronnie's "secret injury", the magazines irresponsibly jump on board, even going so far as to have their own "pseudo-experts" analyze photos and support the smear-Ronnie campaign.

Even worse, the magazines choose to publish the absolute worst photos of Coleman from the 2006 Olympia. Whereas in the past, Coleman photos would always be dead-on straight and clear, suddenly the photographers lost their way, and the best photos of Coleman they can get are taken from angles or when he is not 100% into his poses.

Somehow, more gasoline gets thrown on the fire when a second rumor takes off that Ronnie has a torn lat. Again, ignoring the fact that no evidence exists to support the claim, before you know it, people are jumping on this one as well, and eventually it finds its way into print, which like a Muscletech advertorial, is as good as the gospel to most fans.

The end result: Ronnie's chances of winning have been damaged. Judges can justify marking him down. The fans think he lost because he's injured. Ronnie is forced to retire because of "phantom injuries".

Your thoughts?
BigNationRadio.com

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
Re: THE ANTI-COLEMAN CONSPIRACY
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 07:14:11 PM »
The Beef thinks your a douche bag . . . 14 min, 45 seconds.

The Beef

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 07:17:10 PM »
you are correct Ed...I bet Jay Cutler orchestrated this shit.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 07:20:09 PM »
muscletech sponsors the olympia.

cutler is muscletech's boy.

cutler is white and sells more mags and supplements than ronnie.

this is business.   sport/competition don't matter
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 07:20:39 PM »
i am repulsed at how much thought you put into this.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 07:20:40 PM »
posted purporting to support this "theory" when in reality, it's completely untrue.  The result, however, is that people now "see" something that isn't there, and the judges can justify marking Coleman down because of his lack of "symmetry".  Ignore if you will, that these are, for the most part, the same judges who never marked Yates down for his own lack of symmetry when Dorian's bicep disappeared for a few Mr. Olympias, despite Dorian's imbalance being both obvious and embarrassing.

Ya there's an interesting double standard when it comes to uncle joe's gift-giving.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »
Ignore if you will, that these are, for the most part, the same judges who never marked Yates down for his own lack of symmetry when Dorian's bicep disappeared for a few Mr. Olympias, despite Dorian's imbalance being both obvious and embarrassing.

ND is quick to point out that the same judges apparently thought that dorian's injury was 'slight' and had 'no bearing' on him at all..

::)

and ND worships these same retarded judges.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 07:23:06 PM »
muscletech sponsors the olympia.

cutler is muscletech's boy.

cutler is white and sells more mags and supplements than ronnie.

this is business.   sport/competition don't matter

Interesting just how little this is acknowledged on getbig. Yates, Columbu, Zane..

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 07:24:44 PM »
Ronnie's no-show for that one pre-Olympia PBW was the beginning of the end, if you ask me.  

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 07:26:35 PM »
It does seem like the entire industry is pulling for Jay to win.

Add in the Muscletech Olympia sponsorship and the judges willingness to totally disregard Jay's complete lack of symmetry and it doesn't look good for Big Ron.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 07:28:05 PM »
it's no secret the ifbb has hand selected jay cutler as mr. olympia................m admax has already confirmed the win has already gone to jay, madmax is going to come on the board after the show and gloat on the board saying he told you guys so...............straigh t from his fingers.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »
joe weider doesn't care about black people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 07:28:34 PM »
we'll quickly know the value of Ed's theory based upon the responses.

If they attack him - the messenger and not the message - then we'll know he's onto something.  If they call it asinine yet cannot come up with any evidence to the contrary or even a simple rebuattal, well then, who knows.  

Financially, IMO, it's a wash.  Short-term, Jay is better for the bottom line as champ.  Long-term, a 2008 showdown with 2006 winner Jay and 2007 winner Ronnie would be cool - but Ronnie is retiring.  My money has to be on Jay in this case to win.  It feels like no one is going out of their way to give Ronnie a chance - despite the fact that he is 8-1 in the last nine Olympias, as monumental as that is.

Jay is on the honeymoon because he won as the underdog.  If he wins in 2007, he'll be a Dynasty and suddenly there will be a lot more disdain for him shown by the artistic fans.  Whatever happens, 2007 will be a good show, and yes Ed, with the amount of dollars being spent on Jay, there certainly exists MOTIVATION to paint Jay in a favorable light and Ronnie in an unfavorable light.  Whether or not some parties have acted on it, time will tell, I suppose.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 07:34:30 PM »
You've gotta be willing to "play the game," and I think that after a while Ronnie lost the willingness to do that and that's when they decided to pull the plug.  It may not have even been such a conscious, coordinated effort, as Ed's suggesting here, but in hindsight, you can definitely see where he lost most all the wind from his sails (save his own) in a very brief period of time.  What Ed's put together here points to a definite trend, but you can't be so quick to call it a conspiracy because alot of the factors that go into something like this happening can unfold in much more subtle ways.  

These things DO happen, though.  

As far as I can tell, Ronnie hasn't done much since his loss to rekindle the symbiotic flame he once had with everyone at the top of the ladder, and Jay's been more than willing to work with all the right people to create more revenue for the industry, even trying to help create new outlets for financial gain with those willing to partner with him.  He's the consummate professional and the industry must love him.  Name another pro that they could have in place that would work harder for them, and himself in that capacity.  Jay's strictly business and always has been, from the very beginning.  Solid.    

And something Alex23 made reference to the other day...how it's never good to polarize yourself, taking sides, or making enemies...name one person Jay has ever had a beef with.  You can't do it, and as far as I know that's truly unique in an industry as filled with drama as this one.   

suckmymuscle

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 07:37:12 PM »
joe weider doesn't care about black people.

Joe Weider loves Black people: the two greatest Mr.Olympias ever were Black. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 07:46:42 PM »
Don't forget Jay's business partner MADMAX posting pics from over a month ago (nine weeks out) as three weeks out pics with the caption, "Have at it, boys."  I'm sure he didn't intend to create the impression that Ronnie was slacking or something like that.  ::) If the dumbass hadn't overplayed his hand, he actually might have been more persuasive. 

Bottom line is that Jay seems to be a more canny competitor and that was enough to give him the edge last year.  Ronnie definitely had more issues than "bad camera angles" and "unhit poses," but Jay was not good enough to pass him on-stage.  However, it seems that the powers-that-be decided it was time for a change.

Ronnie's biggest flaw is that he seems a little too naive about what it takes to win . . . however, with his genetic gifts, it might be possible for him to pull another rabbit out of the hat yet. 

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 07:48:03 PM »
You've gotta be willing to "play the game," and I think that after a while Ronnie lost the willingness to do that and that's when they decided to pull the plug.  It may not have even been such a conscious, coordinated effort, as Ed's suggesting here, but in hindsight, you can definitely see where he lost most all the wind from his sails save his own in a very brief period of time.  What Ed's put together here points to a definite trend, but you can't be so quick to call it a conspiracy because alot of the factors that go into something like this happening can unfold in much more subtle ways.   

These things DO happen, though. 

As far as I can tell, Ronnie hasn't done much since his loss to rekindle the symbiotic flame he once had with everyone at the top of the ladder, and Jay's been more than willing to work with all the right people to create more revenue for the industry, even trying to help create new outlets for financial gain with those willing to partner with him.  He's the consummate professional and the industry must love him.  Name another pro that they could have in place that would work harder for them, and himself in that capacity.  Jay's strictly business and always has been, from the very beginning.  Solid.     
Intelligent response.

Let me add one more thing that is rarely discussed: The Guest Posing Scam

Most professional bodybuilders guest pose under one of two scenarios:
1)They are contracted with by a promoter to guest pose for a fee; or
2)They are contractually required to guest pose as part of their supplement contract (in which they are not paid outside of their contract).

Then there is the DIRTY SECRET of the Mr. Olympia title, called MANDATORY GUEST POSTING FOR FREE.  Here's how it works:

The Mr. Olympia winner is asked by several prominent IFBB figureheads (promoters, judges, etc.) to guest-pose at their own promoted-shows. The catch is that they are asked to do these guest posings without financial compensation. Sure, they get their airfare, and hotel paid for, but a Mr. Olympia typically commands $4,000-$6,000 per guest posing, and in this case, there is no money changing hands.

So what is Mr. Olympia to do? Do a "favor" for the same people who will be judging him at next year's Olympia or tell them to pay up and take your chances?

So you have Ronnie Coleman foregoing about $40,000 a year in guest posing fees (one could say 'investing') to ensure the judges are all happy with him and think he's a great guy.

But then Mr. Olympia runner-up Jay Cutler begins doing the same favor for the same judges. The judges/promoters are making out bigtime -- they can have Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman guest-pose at their show for free!!

So what happens when Ronnie Coleman has had enough and suddenly says, "Fuck this shit, I ain't posing for free no more!"

Perhaps what happens is the 2006 Mr. Olympia result: Ronnie loses.

BigNationRadio.com

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 07:53:55 PM »
  Joe Weider loves Black people: the two greatest Mr.Olympias ever were Black. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Arnie is better than Haney and comparing him to Coleman is not even worth it; apples and oranges.
Squishy face retard

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 07:54:36 PM »
This is why bodybuilding will never be a real sport. Go suck a few and you can win to. Just plain stupid

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »
Intelligent response.

Let me add one more thing that is rarely discussed: The Guest Posing Scam

Most professional bodybuilders guest pose under one of two scenarios:
1)They are contracted with by a promoter to guest pose for a fee; or
2)They are contractually required to guest pose as part of their supplement contract (in which they are not paid outside of their contract).

Then there is the DIRTY SECRET of the Mr. Olympia title, called MANDATORY GUEST POSTING FOR FREE.  Here's how it works:

The Mr. Olympia winner is asked by several prominent IFBB figureheads (promoters, judges, etc.) to guest-pose at their own promoted-shows. The catch is that they are asked to do these guest posings without financial compensation. Sure, they get their airfare, and hotel paid for, but a Mr. Olympia typically commands $4,000-$6,000 per guest posing, and in this case, there is no money changing hands.

So what is Mr. Olympia to do? Do a "favor" for the same people who will be judging him at next year's Olympia or tell them to pay up and take your chances?

So you have Ronnie Coleman foregoing about $40,000 a year in guest posing fees (one could say 'investing') to ensure the judges are all happy with him and think he's a great guy.

But then Mr. Olympia runner-up Jay Cutler begins doing the same favor for the same judges. The judges/promoters are making out bigtime -- they can have Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman guest-pose at their show for free!!

So what happens when Ronnie Coleman has had enough and suddenly says, "Fuck this shit, I ain't posing for free no more!"

Perhaps what happens is the 2006 Mr. Olympia result: Ronnie loses.

Yeah and it's easy to imagine him having problems after a while if he ever let himself feel like he was being made to "sing and dance for the man."  I believe that to have been the root cause of Dave Chapelle's meltdown causing him to basically hand back that 50 million he was getting from Comedy Central.    

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 08:09:51 PM »
And listen, people can cry foul all they want to about Dave's anti-Ronnie campaign but two things here:

1)  If Ronnie blows Jay away on the stage what is negatively suspected of Coleman's physique going into the show instantly will not mean shit, and

2)  It's the same thing Chad Nicholls would do every year leading up to the Olympia when he would make his annual "what's wrong with Ronnie's competition" proclamation post sighting something about how Jay's right leg was bigger than his left or something just as ridiculous.  I mean how much does that bullshit really matter in the end, I never really understood it or why people felt like it was so significant to bitch about.  Much ado about nothing if you ask me.  I guess potentially the most appreciable effect would be the person being talked about's letting it get to him, not so much how it made everyone else perceive them, because like I said, all he's gotta do is show up looking convincingly better than Jay and he will instantly win regardless of pre-show hype.  And I'm not just talking about shades of stuff we've seen before, I mean, we will KNOW that Ronnie's gonna win if he's indeed to do so this time, I mean he's up against alot here.  Jay's just got his own ball rolling so hard at this point.     

Let Dave say or do whatever he wants; all's fair in love and war.  Just show me the pics taken on the day of the Olympia.  Had Ronnie been ON like he was the year he first one there's no way in hell Jay would have ever beaten him, conspiracy or not.     

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 08:16:15 PM »
And listen, people can cry foul all they want to about Dave's anti-Ronnie campaign but two things here:

1)  If Ronnie blows Jay away on the stage what is negatively suspected of Coleman's physique going into the show instantly will not mean shit, and

2)  It's the same thing Chad Nicholls would do every year leading up to the Olympia when he would make his annual "what's wrong with Ronnie's competition" proclamation post sighting something about how Jay's right leg was bigger than his left or something just as ridiculous.  I mean how much does that bullshit really matter in the end, I never really understood it or why people felt like it was so significant to bitch about.  Much ado about nothing if you ask me.  I guess potentially the most appreciable effect would be the person being talked about's letting it get to him, not so much how it made everyone else perceive them, because like I said, all he's gotta do is show up looking convincingly better than Jay and he will instantly win regardless of pre-show hype.  And I'm not just talking about shades of stuff we've seen before, I mean, we will KNOW that Ronnie's gonna win if he's indeed to do so this time, I mean he's up against alot here.  Jay's just got his own ball rolling so hard at this point.     

Let Dave say or do whatever he wants; all's fair in love and war.  Just show me the pics taken on the day of the Olympia.  Had Ronnie been ON like he was the year he first one there's no way in hell Jay would have ever beaten him, conspiracy or not.     

that's all well and good, but there is also some truth to the eye seeing what the mind believes. if people are expecting to see an out of shape ronnie, they'll look for things to support their belief. 

there is a difference b/w what dave and chad did . . . chad was more or less speaking the truth, whereas dave decided to create his own truth.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 08:23:13 PM »
that's all well and good, but their is also some truth to the eye seeing what the mind believes. if people are expecting to see an out of shape ronnie, they'll look for things to support their belief. 

there is a difference b/w what dave and chad did . . . chad was more or less speaking the truth, whereas dave decided to create his own truth.

Oh come on now.   ;D

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 08:27:58 PM »
 ;D

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 08:35:20 PM »
If Ronnie comes in shape,he will win.He is better than Jay,we all know that.But he has won 8 times and he is old.His body cant work the same as in the past,no matter what he does.I respect him but he must retire...
TEAM NASSER!