Author Topic: Patriots Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)  (Read 30980 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Patriots Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/10/report-patriots-bring-spies-to-meadowlands-steal-signs-from-j/

Posted Sep 10th 2007 11:48AM by Dan Benton
Filed under: Jets, Patriots, AFC East, NFL Rumors, New York

The rumors and gossip that surround the New York Jets and New England Patriots never cease to amaze me. All week long we had heard about the Jets bringing in Patriots spies, and the Patriots bringing in Jets spies. But as game time approached, all that nonsense seemed to get thrown out the window. Well, at least until late last night.

According to a report by Dan Leberfeld of Scout.com, Bill Belichick and the Patriots may have brought one of their spies to the game yesterday after all. As if the Patriots weren't good enough, they apparently felt the need to "steal signs."

According to a Meadowlands source, a member of the Patriots organization, with a credential issued by the team, was spotted by Jets security chief Steve Yarnell shooting near the New York bench. And according to the stadium source, when questioned by Yarnell, the unnamed individual said that he was put up to it by the Patriots.

The cameraman was reportedly accused by Yarnell of shooting the Jets' signals that were being sent by the coaches from the sidelines.

The source says that the NFL is being made aware of this accusation. If this is true, the Patriots could be subject to a serious punishment from the league office.

As Leberfeld noted, if this turns out to be true, the Patriots will face some serious disciplinary action. At the same time, there does not appear to be enough evidence (yet) to substantiate this rumor. For the time being, you should take it with a grain of salt.

body88

Re: Report: Patriots Bring Spies to Meadowlands; Steal Signals From Jets
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 12:23:14 PM »
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/10/report-patriots-bring-spies-to-meadowlands-steal-signs-from-j/

Posted Sep 10th 2007 11:48AM by Dan Benton
Filed under: Jets, Patriots, AFC East, NFL Rumors, New York

The rumors and gossip that surround the New York Jets and New England Patriots never cease to amaze me. All week long we had heard about the Jets bringing in Patriots spies, and the Patriots bringing in Jets spies. But as game time approached, all that nonsense seemed to get thrown out the window. Well, at least until late last night.

According to a report by Dan Leberfeld of Scout.com, Bill Belichick and the Patriots may have brought one of their spies to the game yesterday after all. As if the Patriots weren't good enough, they apparently felt the need to "steal signs."

According to a Meadowlands source, a member of the Patriots organization, with a credential issued by the team, was spotted by Jets security chief Steve Yarnell shooting near the New York bench. And according to the stadium source, when questioned by Yarnell, the unnamed individual said that he was put up to it by the Patriots.

The cameraman was reportedly accused by Yarnell of shooting the Jets' signals that were being sent by the coaches from the sidelines.

The source says that the NFL is being made aware of this accusation. If this is true, the Patriots could be subject to a serious punishment from the league office.

As Leberfeld noted, if this turns out to be true, the Patriots will face some serious disciplinary action. At the same time, there does not appear to be enough evidence (yet) to substantiate this rumor. For the time being, you should take it with a grain of salt.

First they cheer there own qb when he gets injured, now they need to make excuses as to why the got there asses kicked 6 ways to sunday. All while the pats where missing 2 all pro defensive players,Mike Wright and a great pass catching tight end in David Thomas. Classic jets!!

Maybe the "Mangenious" should start running a 4 /3 since his personal is clearly suited for that scheme. Belichick took him to school yesterday.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 12:54:13 PM »
I don't know how much validity there is to this or if it would even be of any benefit to the Pats if they were filming them but I must admit the first thing I thought of was Mangini making excuses for getting their asses kicked in an embarrassing loss.

And the fans cheering when Pennington got hurt was disgraceful.

body88

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 01:12:48 PM »
Honestly, this is nothing more then sour grapes. The jets added Thomas Jones, traded away there entire draft for a big time college corner and David Harris. They totally neglected there offensive and defensive line in free agency. Tough guyed there best gaurd in Kendall for what? There personal is much better suited for a 4/3 then a three four on that d line. D brick is pretty much a bust, and Chad is hurt already.

They need some explination for the ass kicking the pats layed on them minus two all pros on defense and one of there starting tight ends.

Haha knowing Bill he prob was doing it to mess with Mangini. Not like they could use the signs they "stole" on game day anyway ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 01:40:30 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012989

More info....I'd hate to think they did this crap.
L

body88

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 04:04:03 PM »
Looks like the packers the lions and the bills are all saying they suspected the pats where up to something last year. One thing they all have in common? They lost to the patriots. The bills and the packers in embarrassing fashion.

Weird none of these teams filed an actual complaint with the nfl. Just complained and tol the media about it. Why didnt the jets get punished for clearly tampering with Asante last year? let em take a draft pick. They got plenty.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 06:17:57 PM »
If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'.

body88

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 06:31:40 PM »

Where was the outrage last year when the phins where "stealing" the pats calls. This is a sour grapes story that was brought to light because the jets got stomped in there own house.

To bad Bills spy didn't take his provided cyanide pill. Pats are huge cheaters thats why the win. 108 yard kick returns, 50 yard bombs and first down after first down has nothing to do with it ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 08:32:24 PM »
Should anyone really be surprised?

body88

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 08:42:37 PM »
Should anyone really be surprised?

"Thomas jones will run wild on the pats"  -  14 carries for forty yards

"The jets will upset the pats" -  38 - 14 minus 2 all pros on the defense

With Seymour and Harrison out the jets will upset the pats. - Jarvis Green 2 sacks, Mike Vrabel 2 sacks.

"Randy moss is washed up" - 9 receptions  187 yards 1 td including a 50 yard bomb where he burned a triple coverage sporting a sore hammy.

-Bezerk fury

Is anyone really surprised  ;D

Btw good thing you deserted the Giants for the chargers bandwagon. Ol boys got jacked up last night!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 09:11:38 PM »
Eli played great, actually. Their defense is terrible, like I said it would be. By the way, I wholly expect the Chargers to beat the Pats this week.  ;)

Oh, by the way, this thread has nothing to do with me. It has to do with the fact that this is the second time in a year the Pats have been suspected of stealing signals. Let me guess, this is another Rodney-esque thing. Everyone does it, but only the Pats get caught? hahahaha!

body88

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 09:24:24 PM »
Eli played great, actually. Their defense is terrible, like I said it would be. By the way, I wholly expect the Chargers to beat the Pats this week.  ;)

Oh, by the way, this thread has nothing to do with me. It has to do with the fact that this is the second time in a year the Pats have been suspected of stealing signals. Let me guess, this is another Rodney-esque thing. Everyone does it, but only the Pats get caught? hahahaha!

Where was the outrage and suspicion last year when the dolphins where accused of stealing the pats audibles!? if thejets have that little amont of blitz packages they can be stolen and decoded in real time, mangini is the dumbest coach in history. Mangini used to work for the pats on defense, was he stealing signals to!!!?? How about when Mangini was blatantly tampering with active pats players last year? Courting Branch right after he went to the jets. All the tampering rumors when he was calling Asante. Sounds to me like someone out in NY is mad the overrated jets got blownout at home by a team missing 2 all pros and a starting tight end. I don't give a crap if the pats stole video. If they did it, they should pay the piper. I have no problem saying that. Until someone proves they did it is a rumor. Hopefully the loss of that late round draft pick isn't to much to overcome!!!

You said you are a charger fan this year. Why are you not condemning Merimen for juicing his balls off? Just like to pick on Rodney for the hgh? Sounds to me like you are more about stirring the pot then actual football facts. As illustrated in your claims of Thomas Jones running wild on the pats and such. Any casual football fan would have to take into account the bears awesome offensive line, and the jets horrific offensive line. Might cause old Tommy boy to not be to effective. He was average when he came into the NFL.The Chargers are a great team. They could very well beat the pats. They can expose the loss of the two all pros a lot better then the jets can. The pats offense should worry chargers fans and there garbage secondary. Just like Lt and Gates worry pats fans. You were almost sure the chargers would ruin everyone last week. Not so sure after Lt got stuffed for an entire half, Rex grossman had all day to throw, Rivers looked shaky, and the bears handed them there 14 points last night. Not so sure after there head coach almost cost them the game. Lucky for Norv that the chargers are the most talented team in the NFL, and the bears backs cant hang on to a ball. A great pick for a single season team to root for I must say. If not the g men why not the chargers.

I fully expect the chargers of last year to play. They are a fantastic team with tons of talent. They are much better then they showed last night. And the pats are much better then you give them credit for.

I just wanna know what 50 yard bombs into triple coverage and 108 yard kick returns have to do with video cams!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »
meh... this kind of shit has been happening for years

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 01:38:52 AM »

First they cheer there own qb when he gets injured, now they need to make excuses as to why the got there asses kicked 6 ways to sunday. All while the pats where missing 2 all pro defensive players,Mike Wright and a great pass catching tight end in David Thomas. Classic jets!!

Maybe the "Mangenious" should start running a 4 /3 since his personal is clearly suited for that scheme. Belichick took him to school yesterday.

Totally classless on the parts of New York fans.  He was 17-19 when he got hurt. 

body88

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 04:28:27 AM »
Totally classless on the parts of New York fans.  He was 17-19 when he got hurt. 

I agree 100 percent. I am not just saying this because I am a pats fan either. Chad was one of the ONLY guys making plays sunday. The guy gets crushed and then tries to limp of the field to save his team a time out and the fans pull that? Unreal.

body88

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 06:09:42 AM »
meh... this kind of shit has been happening for years

If a team has a small enough number of blitz packages that they can be stolen and deciphered in real time with several coaches sending them by hand, they are the dumbest football staff in the history of the game.

I wonder if Mangini was using stolen signs when he worked for the patriots  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 06:44:54 AM »
I was being sarcastic about the Chargers. Though, I do expect they'll beat the Pats. Best team in the NFL!!!! ;)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 07:05:24 AM »
And the fans cheering when Pennington got hurt was disgraceful.

I only heard about this from the media.  When the cheering happened, was he lying on the field, or was he limping/being carted off the field?

Isn't it customary all over America to cheer when the injured player is removed from the field?

body88

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 07:12:50 AM »
I was being sarcastic about the Chargers. Though, I do expect they'll beat the Pats. Best team in the NFL!!!! ;)

Thats debatable between the pats and the colts also. At 100 percent the pats are pretty damn good. So aren't the colts. I don't know if San D has had any major players out with injury. That is going to play a factor. As well as turner. I know you wont ever agree with me Fury, but that dude could cost the chargers some games.

This is my honest unbiased opinion of the pats and the chargers at full strength. Ob with Seymour and Harrison out things may be a bit different. More a late season comparison.

QB - Advantage pats.

Rivers is good, but still shaky at times. Brady is Brady. 22 of 28, 297, yards 3 tds zero ints with a long of over 50 yards last week.

Wr core - Huge advantage pats.

Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney, and Washington are a much better core then San D has.

RB - Advantage Chargers

LT is the best back in football. Turner is a legit starter on any team in the nfl. But the pats have a future star in Maroney. Morris who has proven to be a feature back, and Faulk who has been around for years. The pats three back system can equal the production of LT and Turner. Still the adantage is chargers on this.

TE - Advantage Chargers

Gates is a absolute monster. Watson is pretty good for the pats to tho. Brady is a great blocker. Thomas is a great pass catching tight end also. He wont be playing this week tho.

Offensive line - Tie

Defense

Defensive line - Slight advantage pats

Seymour , Warren , and Wilfork are the best line in football. Add in the depth they have with Jarvis green and Mike Wright and it is hard to argue otherwise. The chargers line is very good also. Pats slightly better.

Lbs - Advantage chargers

Pats added Thomas. Still an older core tho. Advantage chargers.

Secondary - Advantage Pats

Chargers secondary is there achilles heal.

Coaching - advantage pats

Turner has proven to be a bad coach time after time in the past. Chargers have to much talent for even him to mess it up.

body88

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 07:15:01 AM »
I only heard about this from the media.  When the cheering happened, was he lying on the field, or was he limping/being carted off the field?

Isn't it customary all over America to cheer when the injured player is removed from the field?

Chad got sacked and injured. As he was hobbling of the field falling and writhing in agony the fans cheered his backup Kellen Clemens when he was jogging out.

Kellen had a good camp, chad did not. Jets fans basically where cheering Chad for having to leave the game. Which is halarious since anyone with a brain knows the jets had a better chance with Penn in there.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 07:36:25 AM »
Chad got sacked and injured. As he was hobbling of the field falling and writhing in agony the fans cheered his backup Kellen Clemens when he was jogging out.

Kellen had a good camp, chad did not. Jets fans basically where cheering Chad for having to leave the game. Which is halarious since anyone with a brain knows the jets had a better chance with Penn in there.

Thanks. 

Sounds like their reaction may have been a bit questionable, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.  If their guy was up and was leaving the field, then cheering was the appropriate response. 

body88

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 07:44:30 AM »
Thanks. 

Sounds like their reaction may have been a bit questionable, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.  If their guy was up and was leaving the field, then cheering was the appropriate response. 

He was not up. He was falling to the ground the whole walk back writhing. He would hop two steps then drop in pain. They cheered when clemens ran out. Chad looked to be severly injured.

Check out a replay if you can. Most true jets fans are trying to distance themselves from the people who where cheering for Clemens when Chad looked severly hurt.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 07:46:36 AM »
No..he was limping and fallen..as soon as he was helped off..they cheered when Kellen Clemons came on the field. We're not mentioning this as something we observed, the announcers also mentioned it as it was happpening. It was pathetic to watch him trying to get up.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 02:22:49 PM »
This is pretty bad if true.  If this was authorized and/or condoned by anyone high up on the staff, they should probably lose a draft choice. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 03:17:15 PM »
Looks like Goodell has ruled that they were in-fact cheating. Is anyone surprised? This team is the least classiest in the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677

Scumbag players, scumbag coaches, scumbag fans!