Author Topic: To all the so called Ronnie fans....  (Read 1961 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
To all the so called Ronnie fans....
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:47:29 PM »
I've noticed a trend from the so called Ronnie fans of this and other boards.   Ronnie has one bad contest showing and everyone is ready to jump ship and give up on the guy.  I've seen some morons that put him out of the top 6 this year!  Keep the following things in mind...these should be obvious but I guess I should point them out to the slower amongst us.

1.  Ronnie lost the contest because of his conditioning, not because (insert whatever is torn or injured).
Bob and Shawn have even said the same thing. That had he came in on Friday the way he looked on Saturday things might have been different.  Matter of fact if you looked at some of the Euro shows, Ronnie should have won some of them.

2.  Ronnie has looked better when the odds are against him or when he comes off a bad (what is bad for Ronnie) showing.

3.  Even if Ronnie has a the atrophied tricep and lat and comes in good condition it will be better than whatever condition Jay can bring thus giving Ronnie his 9th and final Olympia win. Jay has improved his back, yes.  But Jay's improved back wasn't just the reason he won.  Jay won because Ronnie was off, not because Jay is a better bodybuilder.  That's nothing against Jay because IMO he should have won in 2001 also. But it just seems like that since Ronnie lost, everyone is ready to take him out to the field and shoot him like "ol' yeller" because he's "too old".

Ronnie will never be able to regain the look of the 98/99 or 2003 O. or the 2001 Mr. O. but everytime he's been doubted he always comesback and makes up for it.....This will be the most rewarding yet.

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
Re: To all the so called Ronnie fans....
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 12:49:16 PM »
nice to see the brothas sticking together

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »
I've noticed a trend from the so called Ronnie fans of this and other boards.   Ronnie has one bad contest showing and everyone is ready to jump ship and give up on the guy.  I've seen some morons that put him out of the top 6 this year!  Keep the following things in mind...these should be obvious but I cause I should point them out to the slower amongst us.

1.  Ronnie lost the contest because of his conditioning, not because (insert whatever is torn or injured).
Bob and Shawn have even said the same thing. that had he came in on Friday the way he looked on   Saturday things might have been different.  Matter of fact if you looked at some of the Euro shows, Ronnie should have won some of them.

2.  Ronnie has looked better when the odds are against him or when he comes of a bad (what is bad for  Ronnie) showing.

3.  Even if Ronnie has a the atrophied tricep and lat and comes in good condition it will be better than whatever condition Jay can bring thus giving Ronnie his 9th and final Olympia win. Jay has improved his back, yes.  But Jay's improved back wasn't just the reason he won.  Jay won because Ronnie was off, not because Jay is a better bodybuilder.  That's nothing against Jay because IMO he should have won in 2001 also. But it just seems like that since Ronnie lost, everyone is ready to take him out to the field and shoot him like "ol' yeller" because he's "too old".

Ronnie will never be able to regain the look of the 98/99 or 2003 O. or the 2001 Mr. O. but everytime he's been doubted he always comesback and makes up for it.....This will be the most rewarding yet.

Great post ! I've said it before Ronnie can win in 2007 all he needs is good conditioning and his back to be detailed and crisp , main reasons Ronnie lost his back was off as well as the conditioning and Jay's back improved ( for Jay ) and his conditioning was better and thats it ! it has nothing to do with any tear .

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 01:01:38 PM »
nice to see the brothas sticking together

Sorry, Stewie. Race has nothing to do with it.  Like I said Jay should have won in 01 and he deserved to win last year.  When it comes down to it the reasons don't matter cause a win is a win but no one should be surprised if Ronnie wins because he's the better bodybuilder.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 01:13:54 PM »
I agree with what you're saying and I too hope Ronnie wins, but he's got a lot to overcome to win this year.

Muscletech paid a lot of money to sponsor the Olympia and the industry loves having Jay as the champ.

Politics is a big part of bodybuilding, but if anyone can pull this off it's Big Ron.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 01:15:21 PM »
Sorry, Stewie. Race has nothing to do with it.  Like I said Jay should have won in 01 and he deserved to win last year.  When it comes down to it the reasons don't matter cause a win is a win but no one should be surprised if Ronnie wins because he's the better bodybuilder.

haha stu shut your race baiting ass up. nice izowing wiggs.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 01:31:06 PM »
 ::)

im not going to read all that but let me guess. ronnie is better than jay blablalbalblablalalballa

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 01:59:54 PM »
great post.

I hope Ronnie slams the refridgerator door in a few weeks!
Flower Boy Ran Away

Stavios

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 03:00:06 PM »
great post.

I hope Ronnie slams the refridgerator door in a few weeks!

haha quoted for posterity

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »
I REALLY hope Ronnie wins so he can retire and go out on top. I'd hate to see a bodybuilder as special as him stick around for to long and develop all kinds of health problems :-\

wylllis100

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 08:03:03 AM »
I agree.

Its funny how Jay has improved his back and now has a 'wider back' than Ronnie and so has a better back.  Got to give props to Jay he knew where he needed to improve to catch Ronnie up but for one Ronnie had trouble with his left lat last year and two when he nails his condition this year it wont matter how wide Jays back is compared to Ronnies, Ronnies back is untouched with shape and detail and still wide enough for 'lights out' lol

If Ronnie brings it this year condition wise then he will regain and be unsurpassed for no of Os

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 10:27:33 AM »
Not me. I always backed Ronnie Coleman. I never liked Cutler's boxy build.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 11:01:39 AM »
Hey Bigg-Wiggs...

I have always liked Ronnie and all but I am having doubts about him winning this year.

The pics of last year for the comparison of Jay and Ronnie...Jay completely blew him away...conditioning and size (rear view)

The Olympia has always been decided on the back....do you actually think that Ronnie's back will blow away Jay's  rear double bicep? He completely blew Ronnie out of the water with that new found mass...

Ronnie from the front is incredible even with the atrophied muscles but from the rear, he isnt that impressive anymore...

I believe this is going to set the stage for maybe another Jay win where Ronnie will have to do battle next year if he chooses too...to boost ticket sales for next year...

Who knows...maybe there will be a new champ next year just to start some sort of hype...