Author Topic: The titanic was a conspiracy just like 9/11  (Read 2753 times)

Beener

• Getbig IV
The titanic was a conspiracy just like 9/11
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:44:35 PM »
ICE IS STRONGER THAN METAL, JESUS PEOPEL DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THIS COULD MEAN!>!>>!??!!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHs6J0OXVI

We also never went to the moon, and the jews are behind 9/11.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
Re: The titanic was a conspiracy just like 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 02:46:14 PM »
did al-quida sink the titanic?
X

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 02:48:18 PM »

No, are you crazy? Alquaeda are good people, WE"RE the bad guys. Anyone in a developed nation is bad. Because we have money we're all the cause of their problems! God why dont we just kill ourselves we suck so much.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 02:50:11 PM »
God why dont we just kill ourselves we suck so much.

Ok. You start.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 02:54:34 PM »
Ok. You start.

Yknow I thought im EXTREME sarcasm would be obvious.....

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 02:58:56 PM »
ICE IS STRONGER THAN METAL, JESUS PEOPEL DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THIS COULD MEAN!>!>>!??!!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHs6J0OXVI

We also never went to the moon, and the jews are behind 9/11.

I'm not sure about the Titanic being a Conspiracy ( I think your reaching there ), however, 9/11 WAS ... WITHOUT A DOUBT ! You can thank George Dub'ya for that ...  >:(

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 03:01:51 PM »
you can always tell when a person doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

they start flailing wildly and start making jokes about the opposite side without actually explaining a single point. instead of rationally explaining why a 9/11 "conspiracy theory" is wrong, they do something like this.

it's actually kinda sad. it reminds me of the old satirical cartoons religious people would draw to make fun of Darwin. or people who ask questions like "if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys??"

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »
I've you've ever watched any of the video that spawned the 9/11 consipracies(loose change), its almost laughable how dumb some of the arguments are.  The movie is almost worth watching just to see how dumb it is.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »
hahahahhahahhahahahah

the bathtub scene!!!!!!  ;D
tank u jesus

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 04:26:44 PM »
I've you've ever watched any of the video that spawned the 9/11 consipracies(loose change), its almost laughable how dumb some of the arguments are.  The movie is almost worth watching just to see how dumb it is.

Agreed.  And simply admonishing someone to "watch [X] video before you say there's no conspiracy" is no kind of argument.  

If someone has a case to make about the Sept. 11 '01 "conspiracy," they should be able to do so without referring you to a 2 hour reel of non-stop circular logic, hearsay and unproven assertions.  Besides, even if the conclusions of a long video were rational, directing skeptics to that video is no way to "prove" a point.  It's no different than me explaining evolution by pointing to a pertinent textbook and saying, "Go read that and get back to me."  (Actually it is different.  At least evolution theory makes sense.)

The conspiracy people bear the burden of proof; they should accomodate the rest of us with the greatest measure of specificity possible.  

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 04:37:15 PM »
The conspiracy people bear the burden of proof; they should accomodate the rest of us with the greatest measure of specificity possible. 

no, BOTH sides bear the burden of proof. there is no "default" position that is inherently true unless proven otherwise.

additionally, the majority of "conspiracy theorists" don't dogmatically say it was an inside job, instead pointing out that there is a whole host of questions that simply cannot be explained by the "official" stories.

you know why people say to watch a video? because it's easier than typing out bullet points because people like you are going to immediately start yapping "oh yeah? what proof??" and next thing you know we have to explain every point in the movie.

also...

this proves you don't know a damn thing about this. loose change is the most well known of the videos, but it sure as hell didn't spawn the theory and it wasn't the earliest. others like the "find the boeing" website or "painful deceptions" appeared far earlier. there have been groups since the day the attacks occurred.

i think the bulk of this reaction to it all has absolutely nothing to do with arguing against the claims made, but the knee-jerk reactions to "conspiracy theories".

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 04:59:19 PM »
Magoo, most of the claims made in loose change, and just wrong, they are laughable.  It almost makes me sick.

Alex23

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »
If you look closely at the video where the Titanic gets hit by the iceberg, you can see a laser pointer aiming at the boat ::)

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 06:07:52 PM »

yes, dressed like an iceberg!!! :-X

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 06:08:51 PM »
I think I'll be able to fix this thread...

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 06:36:59 PM »
Magoo, most of the claims made in loose change, and just wrong, they are laughable.  It almost makes me sick.

like what? rap off a few. the only really bizarre ones are the gold and voice morphing technology.

besides, why are you using loose change as the only one? what about "confronting the evidence"? "painful deceptions"? "9/11: press for truth"? there are tons of videos. and beyond videos there are books such as david ray griffin's "debunking 9/11 debunking".

also, when you talk about loose change, which edition? the first was not very good, but the 2nd is much tighter and, from what i hear, the recut is better still.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 06:37:29 PM »
losers...

we all know Bush also sank the Titanic!
you are gay.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 07:03:48 PM »
like what? rap off a few. the only really bizarre ones are the gold and voice morphing technology.

besides, why are you using loose change as the only one? what about "confronting the evidence"? "painful deceptions"? "9/11: press for truth"? there are tons of videos. and beyond videos there are books such as david ray griffin's "debunking 9/11 debunking".

also, when you talk about loose change, which edition? the first was not very good, but the 2nd is much tighter and, from what i hear, the recut is better still.

have you seen the documentary about the 9/11 conspiracy theories on the history channel? It refutes every claim made by these cuckoo pieces of shit. People that insist on propagating this bullshit about supposed conspiracies surrounding 9/11 are true grade A assholes.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 07:21:57 PM »
have you seen the documentary about the 9/11 conspiracy theories on the history channel? It refutes every claim made by these cuckoo pieces of shit. People that insist on propagating this bullshit about supposed conspiracies surrounding 9/11 are true grade A assholes.

i've read the popular mechanics article, perused the 9/11 commission report. i can't say if i've seen that particular documentary on the history channel.

however, i do love your attitude that simply questioning an event that raises a lot of questions is "asshole" behavior. you must be one of those guys who threw your feces at everyone who suggested saddam didn't have WMD and that there was no connection between Iraq and 9/11.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 07:29:31 PM »
i've read the popular mechanics article, perused the 9/11 commission report. i can't say if i've seen that particular documentary on the history channel.

however, i do love your attitude that simply questioning an event that raises a lot of questions is "asshole" behavior. you must be one of those guys who threw your feces at everyone who suggested saddam didn't have WMD and that there was no connection between Iraq and 9/11.

no, I do not support the war in Iraq and I do believe there was no connection between the terrorists and Iraq

Every claim these conspiracy theorists has been disproved- the documentary took every claim and refuted it completely. To continually propagate such lies is horrendous. Intelligent people should know better.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 07:37:05 PM »
do you have an example off-hand? because i've seen a number of "refutations" that fell apart. one came about in a study reported just today by a cambridge university engineer that explained how the "pancake" theory works.

the "pancake theory" by the way being the school of thought that when a higher levels falls upon a lower level, that level thus falls onto the one below it, causing it to fall on the one below that and so on and so forth. according to his calculations, once set in motion the collapse would take all of nine seconds, which is exactly what happened.

unfortunately he completely neglects the problems associated with the melting point of the steel girders as well as the vertical core beams used in both towers. while it's true that a standard building may "pancake" in the manner described, the vertical beams would have no reason to break apart in such convenient little chunks.

additionally, there is no description of how this was set in motion given that the towers sat there for some time with no fires raging and then suddenly fell, to say nothing of the fact that the jet fuel burnt away in a fireball and certainly didn't have the time to wear down the steel frame.

maybe it was al qaeda and nothing else, but the evidence isn't pointing that way and the government is being deliberately secretive about many things that could easily answer the question once and for all, such as what was in the big box outside the pentagon and if they released local security footage of the plane's path instead of just six frames. the conspiracy theorists would be silenced, at least in part.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 07:38:31 PM »

And fvckin fix it you did!!!   Well done sir!

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 05:49:05 AM »
no, BOTH sides bear the burden of proof. there is no "default" position that is inherently true unless proven otherwise.

You're kidding, right?

I see big airplanes hit the towers.  I see the towers collapse.  I know engineers and physicists who say the physics involved therewith do not demand extra terms; moreover, there is no proof of these extra terms (e.g., "molten" steel, bombs supposedly exploding in approx. conjunction with the impact(s)).

Therefore, the planes alone brought down the towers.  It's not sexy but, if aforesaid physics experts are correct, it's very much the "default" position by virtue of Ockham's.

So, yes, the burden resides with conspiracy theorists.  CTs are telling us what we saw is not what we got and/or appeal to what I call unnecessary terms.  CTs need to show that those terms are necessary.

additionally, the majority of "conspiracy theorists" don't dogmatically say it was an inside job, instead pointing out that there is a whole host of questions that simply cannot be explained by the "official" stories.

Keep in mind, Mr. Magoo, that I'm only focusing on the folks who say the towers couldn't be brought down by the planes alone.  I'm not talking about anything else, like someone in the government letting it happen (or whatever).  OK?

you know why people say to watch a video? because it's easier than typing out bullet points because people like you are going to immediately start yapping "oh yeah? what proof??" and next thing you know we have to explain every point in the movie.

Please do not assume what kind of debator I am. 

My point is that directing folks to a movie is intellectually lazy, not to mention evasive ("Hey, read the book!").  If someone so strongly believes that there's more than met the eye Sept. 11th, he/she shouldn't have a problem listing just a few reasons to support his/her case.  Agree?

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 06:10:05 AM »
unfortunately he completely neglects the problems associated with the melting point of the steel girders as well as the vertical core beams used in both towers. while it's true that a standard building may "pancake" in the manner described, the vertical beams would have no reason to break apart in such convenient little chunks.

Thank you for posting this.  This is exactly the sort of thing I was after.

Let me ask you this, Mr. Magoo.  You mention the melting point of steel (which should be just a bit north of iron's, around 1800 K if memory serves), and the vertical beams breaking apart in "little chunks." 

OK:  why molten steel? 

What I mean is, are you suggesting any number of the girders have to melt to fail?  That molten steel girders were observed?  Etc.

Also, if the vertical beams broke into pieces you deem too small, how big should the fragments be?  (Roughly.) 

additionally, there is no description of how this was set in motion given that the towers sat there for some time with no fires raging and then suddenly fell, to say nothing of the fact that the jet fuel burnt away in a fireball and certainly didn't have the time to wear down the steel frame.

I can't fully comment here before I know where you're going with the above.  Sorry.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 06:56:57 AM »

Stark.,.is she your new wife?
footloose and fancy free