Author Topic: Rod Parsley: nutjob Christian preacher in Ohio  (Read 8963 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Rod Parsley: nutjob Christian preacher in Ohio
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 09:05:55 AM »

you call it venom, some called it salvation or whatever he preaches...i have no idea because i don't know the guy from adam..but when we start trying to dictate what people listen to, read, and watch then we start meddling in lives that shouldn't be meddled with..whether it's venom or not, i don't know, but i'd much rather be given free choice to choose to listen or not to listen than have some government hack tell me what i can or cannot do...

My problem is the extreme intellectual poverty in these regions.

Sure, you may be a Manhattan native, who's getting your daily dose of intellectual input from everywhere. Or perhaps you're born and bred in the University area up in north east.

But these people, they're just in an intellectual vacuum, for lack of better wording.

They're a world apart from the rest of the USA.

Visit Columbus. Then travel 40 minutes in any direction, out in the countryside. You will feel the brain drain.

Whether or not homosexuality is ok is not the issue. The issue is that intolerance and lack of intellectualism is so prevalent.

I've seen all of this with my very own eyes.

I would recommend anyone to see this side of USA. :-\
As empty as paradise

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 09:22:03 AM »
Yes Hedge. You are so right.

In my three years in Columbus, I have been amazed at how open, educated, enlightened, vibrant, fun, and cosmopolitan this city is.

Yet you travel outside to the small towns, you meet people who are deeply racist, sexist, prejudiced, homophobic, and - shall we say - highly deficient in critical thinking skills.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 09:32:23 AM »
The pastoral ranks are filled with nut jobs of course not all but a far larger percentage then it should be considering the "power of the holy spirit"

And how did you arrive at this conclusion, OzmO?  Can you show me your statistics, show me some numbers?  Can you show me your studies and research?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 09:40:50 AM »
And how did you arrive at this conclusion, OzmO?  Can you show me your statistics, show me some numbers?  Can you show me your studies and research?

So, loco, are you saying there haven't been Pastors who've been exposed for homosexuality, Adultery, stealing church funds and doing drugs?

::)

Anymore than one is too much and far from  what the power of the holy spirit is billed as being able to do. But yet, we hear about some of these pastors in the news from time to time and how many more do we NEVER here about because they aren't news worthy even in their local news markets?   And you'd have to think that if they caught a few, there are probably many more doing sinful dispecable things and still haven't been caught.   

So much for the Holy Spirit sales pitch.  ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 09:50:30 AM »
So, loco, are you saying there haven't been Pastors who've been exposed for homosexuality, Adultery, stealing church funds and doing drugs?

No, I am not saying that.

Anymore than one is too much and far from  what the power of the holy spirit is billed as being able to do. But yet, we hear about some of these pastors in the news from time to time and how many more do we NEVER here about because they aren't news worthy even in their local news markets?   And you'd have to think that if they caught a few, there are probably many more doing sinful dispecable things and still haven't been caught.
So much for the Holy Spirit sales pitch.  ::)

That is not what you said above.  You said:

The pastoral ranks are filled with nut jobs of course not all but a far larger percentage then it should be considering the "power of the holy spirit"

And I am asking you: how did you arrive at this conclusion, OzmO?  Can you show me your statistics, show me some numbers?  Can you show me your studies and research?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 09:56:45 AM »
No, I am not saying that.

That is not what you said above.  You said:

And I am asking you: how did you arrive at this conclusion, OzmO?  Can you show me your statistics, show me some numbers?  Can you show me your studies and research?

Having problems understanding English today?

I said: 

The pastoral ranks are filled  with nut jobs of course not all but a far larger percentage  then it should be considering the "power of the holy spirit"

then I further explained:

Anymore than one is too much and far from  what the power of the holy spirit is billed as being able to do.

Summary:

1.  I said the percentage is too high.
2.  You asked for studies showing the percentage
3.  I responded by explaining my point further that:  "Anymore than one is too much and far from  what the power of the holy spirit is billed as being able to do. "

Did the holy spirit leave these pastors?   

Are you gonna mis direct the subject again?

Or can you answer or respond to the assertion:   The pastoral ranks are filled  with nut jobs, of course not all, but a far larger percentage  then it should be considering the "power of the holy spirit"

Is the power of the holy spirit as identified in the Bible so weak? 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 10:05:14 AM »
Having problems understanding English today?

I said: 

The pastoral ranks are filled  with nut jobs of course not all but a far larger percentage  then it should be considering the "power of the holy spirit"

Anymore than one is too much and far from  what the power of the holy spirit is billed as being able to do.

Summary:

3.  I responded by explaining my point further that:  "Anymore than one is too much and far from  what the power of the holy spirit is billed as being able to do. "

Or can you answer or respond to the assertion:   The pastoral ranks are filled  with nut jobs, of course not all, but a far larger percentage  then it should be considering the "power of the holy spirit"

Is the power of the holy spirit as identified in the Bible so weak? 

"Anymore than one is too much and far from  what the power of the holy spirit is billed as being able to do. "?

Amymore than one percent of what? 100%?  How can you be certain 100% of all men in the "pastoral ranks" ever had the "power of the holy spirit"?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 10:13:43 AM »
Yes Hedge. You are so right.

In my three years in Columbus, I have been amazed at how open, educated, enlightened, vibrant, fun, and cosmopolitan this city is.

Yet you travel outside to the small towns, you meet people who are deeply racist, sexist, prejudiced, homophobic, and - shall we say - highly deficient in critical thinking skills.

It's like that in all places...Every place in the us has that elmer gantry type preacher who preaches old time country values...values that are pretty well meaning too but some rather pretty vile...you see this in every town..i went to college in a small town in pennsylvania...about an 90 minutes outside philadelphia and they were the most open minded and accepted individuals..yet, i grew up in inner city philadelphia and saw and experienced more racism, homophobia, and sexism in one week than i experienced in 5 years of college...it's not just  unique to small towns--philadelphia is a host to many respected universities but it's still a deeply divided racially. 
footloose and fancy free

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 10:14:49 AM »
"Anymore than one is too much and far from  what the power of the holy spirit is billed as being able to do. "?

Amymore than one percent of what? 100%?  How can you be certain 100% of all men in the "pastoral ranks" ever had the "power of the holy spirit"?

Are you implying that some pastors haven't accepted Jesus Christ as thier saviors?   ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 10:23:19 AM »

Are you implying that some pastors haven't accepted Jesus Christ as there saviors?   ::)

Why can't you answer a simple question, OzmO?  Then you go on saying that I avoid/ignore your questions.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 10:32:53 AM »
Why can't you answer a simple question, OzmO?  Then you go on saying that I avoid/ignore your questions.

ok, for the third time now I'll say thing since your position or your response is SO WEAK that you have to go back to your mis-read assumption of my point.

I said:

Summary:

Get it now?   Or are you gonna bring up abortion because you have no where to go?   ::)

Here's the question again:

Are you implying that some pastors haven't accepted Jesus Christ as there saviors?    ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2007, 10:33:15 AM »

Has the pastor in this video been exposed for homosexuality, adultery, stealing church funds and doing drugs?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2007, 10:37:54 AM »
ok, for the third time now I'll say thing since your position or your response is SO WEAK that you have to go back to your mis-read assumption of my point.

Get it now?   Or are you gonna bring up abortion because you have no where to go?   ::)

Here's the question again:

You have not answered my question because you won't admit that you are just making baseless statements, accusations, and throwing numbers and percentages that you came up with in your head.

Are you implying that some pastors haven't accepted Jesus Christ as there saviors?    ::)

No need to imply

"Not everyone who claims to be a Christian really is one"
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=108681.msg1567943#msg1567943

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »
You have not answered my question because you won't admit that you are just making baseless statements, accusations, and throwing numbers and percentages that you came up with in your head.

Didi i indicate a percentage in my assertion?   NO.

Therefore any percentage is correct to my assertion.   And even it it is just 1 person among thousands which it is obviously not, then it's too much.

No need to imply

"Not everyone who claims to be a Christian really is one"
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=108681.msg1567943#msg1567943

Wow, so God can't even insure that the people representing his WORD are legitimate?   So much for omnipresence.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 10:58:16 AM »
Didi i indicate a percentage in my assertion?   NO.

Therefore any percentage is correct to my assertion.   And even it it is just 1 person among thousands which it is obviously not, then it's too much.

Whatever, OzmO!  I know you won't answer my question so I'll just drop it.

Wow, so God can't even insure that the people representing his WORD are legitimate?   So much for omnipresence.

God does not have to.  These things have a way of coming to the light on their own.  And the word is Omnipotence, meaning God can do anything.  Omnipresence is another one of God's attributes, but it means that He is everywhere.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2007, 11:02:39 AM »
Oh brother... why don't the two of you just get a room 8)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2007, 11:04:01 AM »

Whatever, OzmO!  I know you won't answer my question so I'll just drop it.

If your question was based exactly on my assertion i would.    Besides,  who keeps records of those things?

God does not have to.  These things have a way of coming to the light on their own.  And the word is Omnipotent, meaning God can do anything.  Omnipresence is another one of God's attributes, but it means that He is everywhere.

How many people will be led astray because GOD did not make sure the pastor was true?

Not a very good system.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2007, 11:04:41 AM »

Every time i suggest it he goes back to my abortion views.   8) ;D ;)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2007, 11:07:14 AM »

I am guessing he is against contraception too.
Maybe you can talk him into natural family planning 8)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2007, 11:11:36 AM »

Does it bother you that I do that?  Is it off topic when I bring it up?  How about you bringing up the Amalekites and the "3000 dead men in exodus" when the topic has nothing to do with it.  See my point?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »
Does it bother you that I do that?  Is it off topic when I bring it up?  How about you bringing up the Amalekites and the "3000 dead men in exodus" when the topic has nothing to do with it.  See my point?

Nope, not at all.   The subject is about GOD killing and they both relate.   My views on abortion do not.

Get it? 

;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2007, 11:13:46 AM »

Every time i suggest it he goes back to my abortion views.   8) ;D ;)

Every time you suggest it, I have to remind you that I am straight...oh, and that I believe homosexuality is a sin too.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2007, 11:14:37 AM »
Every time you suggest it, I have to remind you that I am straight...oh, and that I believe homosexuality is a sin too.

It didn't stop Ted Haggard... ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2007, 11:15:21 AM »
Nope, not at all.   The subject is about GOD killing and they both relate.   My views on abortion do not.

Get it? 

;D

Well, if it doesn't bother you, then stop whining about it.  I don't care either.  And I was talking about threads that have nothing to do with either topic.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2007, 11:15:55 AM »
It didn't stop Ted Haggard... ;)

Who is Ted Haggard?