Author Topic: Rod Parsley: nutjob Christian preacher in Ohio  (Read 8956 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Rod Parsley: nutjob Christian preacher in Ohio
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »
And that goes back to God's Holy Spirit not doing it's job in the first place and God allowing this to happen.

Should God take away the power to choose? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2007, 01:22:16 PM »
Should God take away the power to choose? 

That's not what I'm getting at.

I'm questioning God allowing his message of salvation to be distorted by people who actually haven't been saved but are in leadership positions in the church.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »
And that goes back to God's Holy Spirit not doing it's job in the first place and God allowing this to happen.

It's all there in the Bible.  God's Holy Spirit does His job through scripture.  Unfortunately, many Christians don't read it.  Even Paul commended those Christians who daily searched the Old Testament to test Paul's massage and made sure that Paul wasn't making stuff up.  Christians should not put preachers on a pedestal.  A preacher can preach the word of God and do much good, as long as he sticks to the truth, whether he is a Christian or not.  If he sins and misleads people, that's between him and God.  If people put him on a pedestal, then that's between them and God.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2007, 01:33:57 PM »
That's not what I'm getting at.

I'm questioning God allowing his message of salvation to be distorted by people who actually haven't been saved but are in leadership positions in the church.

What is he supposed to do?  I guess every preacher who commits the really bad sins could be struck down by lightening?  Would be a little difficult to recruit new blood if the bad ones were constantly getting zapped.   :) 

I do have a huge problem with people in leadership positions who abuse their authority. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2007, 01:43:53 PM »
What is he supposed to do?  I guess every preacher who commits the really bad sins could be struck down by lightening?  Would be a little difficult to recruit new blood if the bad ones were constantly getting zapped.   :) 

I do have a huge problem with people in leadership positions who abuse their authority. 

I'm bewildered that the power of the holy spirit and God would not insure his message delivered by someone who has not truly accepted Jesus and in turn risk misleading people or setting a bad example and turning away followers.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2007, 01:45:10 PM »
BeachBum, why not??? Given God's bloody brutal record of killing in the Old Testament, why not kill people today?

Or has he gone from omnipotent to impotent? I suspect as much :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2007, 01:46:45 PM »
I'm bewildered that the power of the holy spirit and God would not insure his message delivered by someone who has not truly accepted Jesus and in turn risk misleading people or setting a bad example and turning away followers.

In other words, take away the ability of a person to choose whether or not to do right or wrong. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2007, 01:51:17 PM »
In other words, take away the ability of a person to choose whether or not to do right or wrong. 

No.

An honest person still has a choice, but remains honest.  A holy person should do the same with guidance from the holy spirit.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2007, 02:11:57 PM »
No.

An honest person still has a choice, but remains honest.  A holy person should do the same with guidance from the holy spirit.

What do you mean by a honest person and what do you mean by a holy person?  How do you define "holy" person?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2007, 02:35:45 PM »
No.

True, although honest people do dishonest things and "holy" people do unholy things. 

But I echo loco's questions about how you define honest and holy.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2007, 03:06:54 PM »
True, although honest people do dishonest things and "holy" people do unholy things. 

But I echo loco's questions about how you define honest and holy.   

Is a Pastor a man of God?

Does a honest man tell the truth?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2007, 04:54:09 PM »
Is a Pastor a man of God?

Does a honest man tell the truth?

A pastor should be a man of God, but a man of God isn't perfect.  No man is perfect. 

An honest man tells the truth.  An honest man sometimes lies.