Author Topic: Dieting for multiple shows  (Read 1041 times)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Dieting for multiple shows
« on: September 11, 2007, 04:52:20 PM »
you cut your calories and manipulate your water, sodium and "supplements" in such a way as to be at your best for a particular day or 2.   

I always thought that a show was the end of an 8 week gradual starvation program and that they would run to the nearest buffet table and eat everything before starving to death immediately after the show

What happens after the showing if you have do another show in a week or two or month

do you shift your program back to the 2  (x) week out stage?

or is it no big deal....ronnie said a while back that you can't peak for more than 1 or 2 shows per year
Here comes the money shot

Riddick

• Getbig II
  • There's no guarantee that you'll see the next day!
Re: Dieting for multiple shows
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 05:36:48 PM »
Darrem Charles has been doing multiple shows a year for many years and it doesn't seem to bother him too much.

It's all in the GH son.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 05:41:20 PM »
Darrem Charles has been doing multiple shows a year for many years and it doesn't seem to bother him too much.

It's all in the GH son.

Darrem, stays lean year round for the most part

I think that silvio did like 7 shows this year...I wonder how long he diets for..

they should make the Mr.O do atleast 3 shows per year..it's a shame that the champion of the sport only does 1 show
Here comes the money shot

Riddick

• Getbig II
  • There's no guarantee that you'll see the next day!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 05:46:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure these guys diet hard, but i can guess most stay lean [yearly] through GH use.

It would be cool to see the current champ do more than 1 show per year. then again, what about the 2 tier guys?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 05:51:04 PM »
you cut your calories and manipulate your water, sodium and "supplements" in such a way as to be at your best for a particular day or 2.   

I always thought that a show was the end of an 8 week gradual starvation program and that they would run to the nearest buffet table and eat everything before starving to death immediately after the show

What happens after the showing if you have do another show in a week or two or month

do you shift your program back to the 2  (x) week out stage?

or is it no big deal....ronnie said a while back that you can't peak for more than 1 or 2 shows per year
You treat the show night as a refeed... simple

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 06:12:39 PM »
After I won the Arizona this year I took 3 days and ate everything, went from 173 to 198.  Of course thats water and within a week of dieting I was back down to 180 and weighed in at USA's at 174 lbs...But it is VERY hard to do back to back shows like that...Cuz once you start eating it is very hard to clean it back up...I would suggest having ONE cheat meal then get right back on it otherwise its a mind fuck...

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 08:35:49 AM »
After I won the Arizona this year I took 3 days and ate everything, went from 173 to 198.  Of course thats water and within a week of dieting I was back down to 180 and weighed in at USA's at 174 lbs...But it is VERY hard to do back to back shows like that...Cuz once you start eating it is very hard to clean it back up...I would suggest having ONE cheat meal then get right back on it otherwise its a mind fuck...
thanks 'champ', now if we can all look as good as you  ::) .....gayer than taking steroids to go on 'stage'  ..... monster fulfillment knowing you gave a guy a boner hahahahahah
The Number 2 in Scranton