Author Topic: OK LET'S CLEAR THIS UP  (Read 1725 times)

Stavios

OK LET'S CLEAR THIS UP
« on: September 11, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
if we drink pasteurised egg whites, does the body absorb them

I was arguing that with a dude at the gym today and he told me that if they are not cooked, the body doesn't absorb it

speak on this

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: OK LET'S CLEAR THIS UP
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 08:52:20 PM »
I can't tell you how many fvckin times I've had this arguement at the gym....I ain't got enough finger and toes to count the times.

Stavios

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 08:59:33 PM »
I can't tell you how many fvckin times I've had this arguement at the gym....I ain't got enough finger and toes to count the times.

what's your opinion ?
can I still drink them

it tast like shit cooked, it takes me 30 seconds to drink 16 egg whites so I would prefer if I could drink them

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 09:10:48 PM »
How do you not gag drinking that many egg whites? :-X

Stavios

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 09:13:26 PM »
How do you not gag drinking that many egg whites? :-X

I drink them really fast than I quickly drink a glass of juice afterward so I don't really taste that shit  ;D

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 09:19:13 PM »
if we drink pasteurised egg whites, does the body absorb them

I was arguing that with a dude at the gym today and he told me that if they are not cooked, the body doesn't absorb it

speak on this

Tell that guy at the gym he's a fucking tard! There is absolutely no reason you wouldn't absorb egg whites if you drink them. Ask him if he absorbs mountain dew when drinks that. How about milk? Orange Juice? Get the point.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 09:25:36 PM »
what's your opinion ?
can I still drink them

it tast like shit cooked, it takes me 30 seconds to drink 16 egg whites so I would prefer if I could drink them

Here's a good trick,  mix them (with a mixer) with some instant hot chocolate powder, they taste just like a milkshake, you'll thank me later.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »
Here's a good trick,  mix them (with a mixer) with some instant hot chocolate powder, they taste just like a milkshake, you'll thank me later.

How about I thank you NOW ?! That sounds DAMN GOOD !  ;D

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 09:30:21 PM »
A guy at the gym told me that the body doesn't absorb protein from chicken breasts if they're cooked. Can anyone clarify this???

Actually, I don't even go to the gym. Matter of fact, I'm a fucking retard without any common sense.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 09:31:28 PM »
I loved drinking the egg whites in the carton.  Damn things gave me the blowout shits though.

rick brophy

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 09:47:09 PM »
There was a thread on MD where Layne Norton claimed that 37% less protein is absorbed when you drink them.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 10:01:02 PM »
Tell that guy at the gym he's a fucking tard! There is absolutely no reason you wouldn't absorb egg whites if you drink them. Ask him if he absorbs mountain dew when drinks that. How about milk? Orange Juice? Get the point.
The absorption of raw eggs is much worse compared to cooked. There are studies done on this (check pubmed). Raw eggs can also cause a biotin deficiency.

Don't know if this applies to the pasteurized ones. But regular raw eggs aren't absorbed as well, that's true.