Author Topic: What exactly is it YOU lift for?  (Read 6934 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: What exactly is it YOU lift for?
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2007, 08:44:11 AM »
translation : low self esteem and hidden homosexuality
hahahhaa, you better watch out now ME, now "shiftedshapes" is going to post a youtube clip of a 137 pound gymnast doing iron crosses and planche pushups, aren't you terrified? ;D

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2007, 08:45:31 AM »
Lift to get chicks?Christ,if I was that desperate to get a chick,Id reach into my pocket and pull out twenty bucks for a head job from a crack head.Some of us are happily married and dont need to "hunt for girls".

Health?Ha,ha, are you kidding me?If I wanted to be healthy Id be swimming at the local YMCA.Squatting with 900lbs is about as healthy as someone hitting me in the head with a hammer.I also doubt taking steroids and eating 600grams of protein a day is contributing to good health.

I lift to giggle at everyone else.Its awesome knowing that Im stronger then the next guy.Nothing better then sneering at little pot heads in utter disdain, as they look away,afraid to make eye contact.I also like looking at myself in the mirror.In fact,sometimes I dont need my wife to get off,I can just stroke to my own reflection in the mirror.Just kidding.I lift to compete.No other reason.Once I started lifting,I knew I couldnt be a real athlete anymore so I just started competing in powerlifting and bodybuilding.

Were you bullied as a child?

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2007, 08:48:44 AM »
hahahhaa, you better watch out now ME, now "shiftedshapes" is going to post a youtube clip of a 137 pound gymnast doing iron crosses and planche pushups, aren't you terrified? ;D

hahaha, but that's not as impressive as Billy Mimraw doing 1/8 squats with a grand on those chicken legs ;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2007, 08:49:42 AM »
I was smokin a gram or two with some friends a few minutes ago.. We had this discussion about what it is we lift for. It seems you can learn alot about a person when you understand what it is that motivates them to bodybuild.

I guess I really do it for the health part.. I've always had a face that can attract women  no problem so women don't motivate me much as its not a problem either way. I really think there isn't any use for me to be "big." I mean... my arms tape out to a (getbig measly) little over 16 and a half inches. Seems the only people that don't like that size are people on getbig? I suppose I could get them bigger but why try so hard? My legs... well I can squat 405 for a single. Nothing special there. And I'm very content with all this.

I wonder what it is that make people want to bodybuild on this website? It's obvious some people don't get much attention and seek it desperately through this site. Being huge seems to only attracts respect from men and about literally 10% of decent looking women outside "the industry". In all my time reading magazines everytime I show my girlfriend or one of her friends a pic of any pro they say "thats gross he's just too big"

So what is it that drives you to bodybuild? Is it the women, the competition, the health, the attention, or all of these? The people I encounter on this site really blow my mind, and i'd like to know what it is that gets you to the gym everyday.Also I find it odd some people have to prove themselves on an "online community" by posting videos to backup their claims. So please describe what it is that drives you. Thanks much

I'm confused Andre, you say you lift for the Health aspect, yet you discuss this issue while smoking a gram or two?   ???
:D Weee

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2007, 08:50:57 AM »
I'm confused Andre, you say you lift for the Health aspect, yet you discuss this issue while smoking a gram or two?   ???
weed is from the Earth ....it creates a healthy mind, which in turn creates healty living......what the f*ck is so hard to understand about that ??
The Number 2 in Scranton

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2007, 08:59:01 AM »
translation : low self esteem and hidden homosexuality

translation: M.E.'s wake and bake is wearing off and he's getting cranky.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2007, 09:14:30 AM »
'Cause I got a big pecker.

what is really terrifing is when I see guys my age call themselves old, act old and give up on life.  "You get over 30, you get married, you have kids, you become a fat slob and then die"

BOOOOM!  Truth.

Pussy is definitely easier to get. Also, I like when girls in their 20s oggle in front of their boyfriend.  Whoever says women aren't visual creatures is full of shit.  ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2007, 09:28:05 AM »
Is that why the Self Loathing?
I feel compelled to gratify somehow teh homos such as yourself  ;)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2007, 09:33:09 AM »
Lift to get chicks?Christ,if I was that desperate to get a chick,Id reach into my pocket and pull out twenty bucks for a head job from a crack head.Some of us are happily married and dont need to "hunt for girls".

Health?Ha,ha, are you kidding me?If I wanted to be healthy Id be swimming at the local YMCA.Squatting with 900lbs is about as healthy as someone hitting me in the head with a hammer.I also doubt taking steroids and eating 600grams of protein a day is contributing to good health.

I lift to giggle at everyone else.Its awesome knowing that Im stronger then the next guy.Nothing better then sneering at little pot heads in utter disdain, as they look away,afraid to make eye contact.I also like looking at myself in the mirror.In fact,sometimes I dont need my wife to get off,I can just stroke to my own reflection in the mirror.Just kidding.I lift to compete.No other reason.Once I started lifting,I knew I couldnt be a real athlete anymore so I just started competing in powerlifting and bodybuilding.
brutal insecurities.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2007, 09:34:24 AM »
I lift to look good for myself , my girlfriend and my G4P clients.

fixed

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2007, 09:41:29 AM »

Well weed is really not bad for you at all when used correctly. Never ever in the history of earth has it been directly linked to lung cancer. Just memory loss and MUNCHIES  :P

It actually makes my life 1000x better honestly. It doesn't effect me in any negative way. When I lift on it I can feel my muscles working and know what weights to use and what not to use. And I can really push myself to the limit and focus on what needs to be done. It's crazy when I try to lift heavy I can actually feel the strain on the joints andit scares the the hell out of me. It actually keeps me sharp  ;D I really think it aided the bodybuilders of the 70's such as Arnold.

Not to mention I can eat more, and enjoy it. I smoked the gram or two* with my friends before so it was probly about .5 -.8
Weed is user friendly if used right. Just don't abuse it and you'll be okay. I Always remember that, it does have the power to ruin your life. Be stronger than the herb I say.

BTW you didn't answered the question  >:(

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2007, 10:18:59 AM »
Hey squadfather.Ed Coan used a squat suit.Your idol Lee MORAN USED A SQUAT SUIT.kIRK kARWOSKI USED A SQUAT SUIT.Every fucking lifter that ever did shit[except Reinholdt]used a squat suit including that fucking midget Wade Hooper,who looks like he never even reached puberty.As far as squatting down deep,my squats get passed by three judges.So I guess having them passed by some internet a-hole,who never did a meet in his life,is really unimportant,especially a fool that never ever even saw me lift.Once again,youve proven what a total tool you are.Perhaps you should stick to slurping up that sawed off half pint Wade Hooper.Since you like molesting kids,he should do nicely as he looks like a pre-pubecent school girl.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2007, 10:28:05 AM »
Hey squadfather.Ed Coan used a squat suit.Your idol Lee MORAN USED A SQUAT SUIT.kIRK kARWOSKI USED A SQUAT SUIT.Every fucking lifter that ever did shit[except Reinholdt]used a squat suit including that fucking midget Wade Hooper,who looks like he never even reached puberty.As far as squatting down deep,my squats get passed by three judges.So I guess having them passed by some internet a-hole,who never did a meet in his life,is really unimportant,especially a fool that never ever even saw me lift.Once again,youve proven what a total tool you are.Perhaps you should stick to slurping up that sawed off half pint Wade Hooper.Since you like molesting kids,he should do nicely as he looks like a pre-pubecent school girl.

Billy, why so angry?   Sounds like you need a glass of sun tea and a healthy application of your favorite apricot-scented pube glitter to calm down.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2007, 10:28:47 AM »

I weep for your keyboard...

ILuvPriest

• Getbig II
  • BOW TO ME NOW!
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2007, 10:35:30 AM »
Got into it cause of my sis when I was 13. Became an addiction/obsession. Later found out that it also afford me the pleasure of touching men when I'm "spotting" them....All in all the best damn thing that's happened to me since I discovered masturbation.
I WILL EAT YOU!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2007, 10:48:58 AM »
Yes I see what you mean and I have the same thoughts for the most part.

What gets me going alot is when I see a female with a great body it really turns me on to her. I thought that if I got my body to look great enough women would think the same aobut my own body, where as they see it and want it as I want theres.

Just curious.. if you dont mind my asking how did you end up with a girlfriend in Finland?
she is just studying abroad right now. she lives right by me, neighboring town...and we worked together. normally she goes down to long beach during the school year because she attends long beach state...but this year shell be in finland at the university of turku for the first semester, then second semester in england at some college in londong that i dont know the name of.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2007, 10:51:36 AM »
Pot can be misunderstood and abused. Some people use it and don't hurt other people but they do great damage to themselves and like it or not it does in fact lead to other htings. Many people I know have gone on to do dumber and dumber things after pot. They no longer get high from pot and seek the more intense high. These are the people that hurt its image and keep it illegaL(as it will always be of course). When used properly and responisbly its incredible. I don't do any of that shit like wear shirts with pot leaves on them or any dumb shit like that but I do advocate its use.

I've recently dropped coke for it permanently. I do find myself romancing the high coke but it's nothing to sleep over. well maybe it is but .. you know what i mean.  ;D

Kids should never use it either  >:(
when you think about it...coke is a waste of money man. the reason you want it so much is because of that fucking comedown!

honestly..i dont do any drugs anymore; but if i was to ever do them, and i wanted an upper; i wouldnt spend 20 dollars on 45 mins of a coke high, i would spend ten dollars on 4-8 hours of an X high.

just makes more sense to me man.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2007, 10:56:22 AM »
Well weed is really not bad for you at all when used correctly. Never ever in the history of earth has it been directly linked to lung cancer. Just memory loss and MUNCHIES  :P

It actually makes my life 1000x better honestly. It doesn't effect me in any negative way. When I lift on it I can feel my muscles working and know what weights to use and what not to use. And I can really push myself to the limit and focus on what needs to be done. It's crazy when I try to lift heavy I can actually feel the strain on the joints andit scares the the hell out of me. It actually keeps me sharp  ;D I really think it aided the bodybuilders of the 70's such as Arnold.

Not to mention I can eat more, and enjoy it. I smoked the gram or two* with my friends before so it was probly about .5 -.8
Weed is user friendly if used right. Just don't abuse it and you'll be okay. I Always remember that, it does have the power to ruin your life. Be stronger than the herb I say.

BTW you didn't answered the question  >:(
I lift because I love it.  I enjoy training, don't enjoy the dieting as much though, lol.  Plus I love the way my body looks.  I am in better shape now than when I was in my 20's.  :D
:D Weee

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
Because I like to.

We all like to because we heave ideas of where it'll take us.

Not very complex.

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2007, 10:59:28 AM »
This is a very good question, one which I ask myself often. Yes, I like looking fit and in shape, but I think it is much more profound than that(or maybe not). I think it has to do with having a commitment to something for myself. Many times after working all day, I don't feel at all like going to gym. I have to get to my car, drive to the gym, change out of my work clothes(which for some reason I hate this process), and then get to my work out. And I have a time contraint cause I have to pick up kids right after the workout. But some how just making myself do it! feels good. I like the endorphins, the pain that feels good some how. I like that I do this for me! this is my thing. I like the routine. I don't completely know the answer to why I work out, but I know it is a part of who I am.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2007, 11:09:42 AM »
This is a very good question, one which I ask myself often. Yes, I like looking fit and in shape, but I think it is much more profound than that(or maybe not). I think it has to do with having a commitment to something for myself. Many times after working all day, I don't feel at all like going to gym. I have to get to my car, drive to the gym, change out of my work clothes(which for some reason I hate this process), and then get to my work out. And I have a time contraint cause I have to pick up kids right after the workout. But some how just making myself do it! feels good. I like the endorphins, the pain that feels good some how. I like that I do this for me! this is my thing. I like the routine. I don't completely know the answer to why I work out, but I know it is a part of who I am.

Why do you say "chest like Arnold!" under your avatar when clearly you do not have anything close to that?

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2007, 11:24:38 AM »
Why do you say "chest like Arnold!" under your avatar when clearly you do not have anything close to that?

It is more like a motivation when training, like a mantra, or what ever you call it. Like come on one more rep "chest like Arnold" I started saying it like the Coleman, "light weight baby" thing. It is not to be taken literally.

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2007, 01:17:51 PM »
Because I like to.

We all like to because we have ideas of where it'll take us.

Not very complex.

Exactly- I just enjoy it.  Now its harder not to go to the gym.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2007, 01:41:01 PM »
when you think about it...coke is a waste of money man. the reason you want it so much is because of that fucking comedown!

honestly..i dont do any drugs anymore; but if i was to ever do them, and i wanted an upper; i wouldnt spend 20 dollars on 45 mins of a coke high, i would spend ten dollars on 4-8 hours of an X high.
just makes more sense to me man.

I am actually going to agree with you on something.  Those comedowns from blow are atrocious