Author Topic: canine throat problems  (Read 3917 times)

cardio-mommy

• Getbig I
canine throat problems
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:07:51 AM »
Hello everyone. I love the pet board and I have a question. My beagle has thick tissue in his throat and can not bark like he use to. My vet said their is nothing that can be done. I am sick over this. Please does anybody know something about this. My husband like's bodybuilding and when he looks at getbig I always check out the pet board. thankyou chassy

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: canine throat problems
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 09:00:20 AM »
Hello everyone. I love the pet board and I have a question. My beagle has thick tissue in his throat and can not bark like he use to. My vet said their is nothing that can be done. I am sick over this. Please does anybody know something about this. My husband like's bodybuilding and when he looks at getbig I always check out the pet board. thankyou chassy

Chassy,

Ive owned a few Beagles but ive never heard of this before. Vet would be the guy to ask but you need to leave a little more info.
X

cardio-mommy

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 11:37:36 AM »
Please forgive me. My beagle was vaccinated twice. Doctor made a mistake. After a few months I thought he had hot spots on his feet, but instead it turn out to be interdigital cysts. Blood test show hypothyroid. To treat cysts doctor give baytril medicine. Now after five years he breath very heavy and he bark only once then he coughs. So now Doctor say he has thick tissue on his esophagus.  Now  I don't know what to do.  Thankyou Chassy Esposito  I would put pictures but I don't know how. Thanks again

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 10:02:56 PM »
Chassy,

Ive owned a few Beagles but ive never heard of this before. Vet would be the guy to ask but you need to leave a little more info.

Yeah, I apologize.  It could be many things from how I'm reading the posts in this thread.  Is the veterinarian saying there is a tumor or is there loss of function of the tissue?

cardio-mommy

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 06:12:05 AM »
No it's not a tumor or fat. The doctor say it's like a hand squeezing his neck. His neck is thick under his mouth. You can see it. I don't know what this is called. But the doctor say that no operation can be done. Over time soon the squeezing will be to were he can not live comfortable. She said when the time comes I will know.  I just wanted to know if their is something the doctor can do for him. Maybe she missed something. My beagle is nine years old. He's in very good shape. Very strong. Everybody thankyou for for thinking and reading this. I don't want to lose my buddy like this. So i'm looking for something. Thankyou Chassy           

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 08:45:14 AM »
Please forgive me. My beagle was vaccinated twice. Doctor made a mistake. After a few months I thought he had hot spots on his feet, but instead it turn out to be interdigital cysts. Blood test show hypothyroid. To treat cysts doctor give baytril medicine. Now after five years he breath very heavy and he bark only once then he coughs. So now Doctor say he has thick tissue on his esophagus.  Now  I don't know what to do.  Thankyou Chassy Esposito  I would put pictures but I don't know how. Thanks again

How long was he on Baytril? At what age?

I'm confused by the chain of events?

He was vaccinated twice - you mean he was overvaccinated? 

He tested positive for hypothyroidism?  That is a common over vaccination problem. 

He had interdigital cyts that where then treated by the use of Baytril?  This was after he was overvaccinated?  Age? 

???

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 09:40:35 AM »
what's the little fella's name?

cardio-mommy

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 10:19:25 AM »
Hi again. My dog's  name is Enzo. The doctor who vaccinated my Enzo is not a kind person. He give Enzo the needle and he go to answer the phone. So when he come back he gets another needle for the shots. And I tell him the doctor you give Enzo the needle already. He the doctor say no because I didn't mark the paper in the file. I tell him doctor you did and I show him were on Enzo body. He disagrees. I tell him again and he give Enzo the needle anyway. It got very bad I want to kill him. So I pay and leave. The spot got swollen big were the needles were put in. I go back and tell him, he say not to worry it will go away. About 2 months Enzo feet start to have hot spots and he don't want to eat anymore. I go to another doctor and they say it's fungus. Lots of medicine but it don't go away. Now I find another doctor and she say it's interdigital cyst and it could be caused by to much vaccination. A blood test show thyroid is low and this could be from vaccination also.  Enzo was five when this started. He's been on and off baytril four years to treat the cyst on his feet.  Enzo is nine. I will try to put pictures of Enzo feet so you can see how ugly these cyst are. Thankyou Chassy

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 10:31:54 AM »
I'm curious....where are you from?

cardio-mommy

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 10:34:30 AM »
I live in Brooklyn New York.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 12:18:18 PM »
I live in Brooklyn New York.

thats where you live.....

question is...where are you from?

cardio-mommy

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 01:05:59 PM »
I'm from Brooklyn. Born in Brooklyn N.Y. This is my first time typing with out my husband. I feel like you think I'm dumb.  I don't use computer at all. I'm a house wife. I take care of everybody in my family. I like to look at the pet board. I was thinking you guys know something to help my Enzo. Again thankyou Chassy Esposito

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 01:59:47 PM »
I'm from Brooklyn. Born in Brooklyn N.Y. This is my first time typing with out my husband. I feel like you think I'm dumb. I don't use computer at all. I'm a house wife. I take care of everybody in my family. I like to look at the pet board. I was thinking you guys know something to help my Enzo. Again thankyou Chassy Esposito

no....but it sounds like you're struggling with the use of the english language

seems like a communication gap

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 02:36:20 PM »
So he has a mass in his mouth or he has a swelling below his jaw along his throat or he's got a thyroid mass?   I'm sorry, I'm still having a hard time placing exactly what is wrong with your dog. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 03:17:33 PM »
Hi again. My dog's  name is Enzo. The doctor who vaccinated my Enzo is not a kind person. He give Enzo the needle and he go to answer the phone. So when he come back he gets another needle for the shots. And I tell him the doctor you give Enzo the needle already. He the doctor say no because I didn't mark the paper in the file. I tell him doctor you did and I show him were on Enzo body. He disagrees. I tell him again and he give Enzo the needle anyway. It got very bad I want to kill him. So I pay and leave. The spot got swollen big were the needles were put in. I go back and tell him, he say not to worry it will go away. About 2 months Enzo feet start to have hot spots and he don't want to eat anymore. I go to another doctor and they say it's fungus. Lots of medicine but it don't go away. Now I find another doctor and she say it's interdigital cyst and it could be caused by to much vaccination. A blood test show thyroid is low and this could be from vaccination also.  Enzo was five when this started. He's been on and off baytril four years to treat the cyst on his feet.  Enzo is nine. I will try to put pictures of Enzo feet so you can see how ugly these cyst are. Thankyou Chassy

Vet will tell you vaccinations can't cause any problems.     ::)

That's why the first vet vaccinated him again because they are so harmless that you can do that.  The veterinary and medical community will say that vaccines may cause a problem, but go ahead and try proving an actual case to them. 

That's the beauty of it, they have covered all the bases.  They admit they can cause problems, but if anyone has an actual case they say prove it beyond a doubt and that can be difficult.
   ::)

cardio-mommy

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 03:40:14 PM »
Dear flower I read your post about vaccinations, I wanted to tell you about my Enzo but I`m new to computers. Enzo's doctor didn`t say what this is called, but I`m going to see her tommorrow. i just wanted to know if there was something else. I know its not a tumor I know its not a fat mass she said its thick tissues in his neck. I`m trying very hard to type this i don`t know what else say. Thank You Chassy.     

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 03:43:15 PM »
  Vet will tell you vaccinations can't cause any problems.     ::)

That's why the first vet vaccinated him again because they are so harmless that you can do that.  The veterinary and medical community will say that vaccines may cause a problem, but go ahead and try proving an actual case to them. 

That's the beauty of it, they have covered all the bases.  They admit they can cause problems, but if anyone has an actual case they say prove it beyond a doubt and that can be difficult.
   ::)

UH? 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 05:02:22 PM »
is it me.....

or do I feel like I'm reading spam email from a girl in the Ukraine

;D

cardio-mommy

• Getbig I
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 06:42:05 PM »
what does this have to do with helping my dog Knny?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 06:49:25 PM »
what does this have to do with helping my dog Knny?

you're right.....

just messing

I think Vet needs some better explanation/definition of your dog's aliments

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 07:04:23 PM »
you're right.....

just messing

I think Vet needs some better explanation/definition of your dog's aliments

Yeah, I'll be glad to help if I can, but I've got a really hard time understanding exactly what is going on with the dog.  I'm sorry.....