Author Topic: Dexter Jackson: No Cardio for Contest Preparation?  (Read 12644 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: Dexter Jackson: No Cardio for Contest Preparation?
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 09:12:28 AM »
no. its a question of amount of calories. not about metabolism (unless you have some serious metabolic disorder)

the key word is caloric need, not metabolism. doing cardio is a way to burn calories and get into a caloric deficit.

how you reach that caloric deficit, is up to you (restring calories and/or doing cardio)
I used to think like you do.But i begin to notice about that. Because the diet with only doing 20 minutes of cardio daily makes you lean dramaticaly more than the diet without cardio.
However,the calorie consumption of 20 minutes of cardio doesnt make huge difference comparing with non-cardio diet. Then why the result is so different? The key is in metabolism.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 09:35:52 AM »
Dude im from venice beach (went to venice high too)
Anyway...I know that back in the 80s no bodybuilder did cardio. REal Talk. Maybe Chick can tell more. But seriously like the most they would do would be like walking on sundays and little shit like that. But stair master and elip machines. They didnt need them for some reason. I dont know what happend maybe they started with the size game or something. but i do know that in the 80s it was rare to see a bodybuilder doing cario leading up to a contest

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 10:03:17 AM »
Proper T3/Clen supplementation will do that for you along with tooooooooons of GH!  Great job Dex! ::)

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007, 05:57:08 PM »
I've heard that Darrem does no cardio either to get into contest shape

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2007, 06:23:08 PM »
Dude im from venice beach (went to venice high too)
Anyway...I know that back in the 80s no bodybuilder did cardio. REal Talk. Maybe Chick can tell more. But seriously like the most they would do would be like walking on sundays and little shit like that. But stair master and elip machines. They didnt need them for some reason. I dont know what happend maybe they started with the size game or something. but i do know that in the 80s it was rare to see a bodybuilder doing cario leading up to a contest

maybe you are right....I am not a bodybuilder, I like food..I try to eat clean and healthy..but.....sometim es the food calls my  name

with that said..I actually like doing cardio (20 - 30 minutes after working out). Also Kyomo stated, I also see faster results when I do cardio.
Here comes the money shot

Iraclese

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2007, 06:24:22 PM »
Dorian once claimed the same thing.  Said his only cardio was walking from his car to the gym.

Honestly cardio is not needed. Shit like DNP can burn fat while you sleep.  There is some nasty stuff out there that can burn more fat than 20 hours of cardio a day could.

DNP??  Are you crazy??  You know what that stuff does to your body?  It will literally cook you from the inside out on the cellular level.  NO ONE SHOULD EVER CONSIDER DOING DNP UNLESS THEY WANT TO DIE VERY QUICKLY.  :o

affy

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 06:38:48 PM »
DNP??  Are you crazy??  You know what that stuff does to your body?  It will literally cook you from the inside out on the cellular level.  NO ONE SHOULD EVER CONSIDER DOING DNP UNLESS THEY WANT TO DIE VERY QUICKLY.  :o

or you like the taste of bug poison...lol

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 07:46:47 PM »
no, he can get away with zero cardio if he restricts his food enough and thereby finds himself in a caloric deficit. the main thing drugs do is they allow you to cheat in your diet and keep your muscle when dieting. the "cutting drugs"  makes it easier, but are not necessary. the aas, is necessary tho, as they allow you too keep your hard earned muscle when reaching very low fat%. a natural will start losing loads of muscle when fat% drops under 7-8% or so.

Is this really true ? I only ask because as a Natural I would REALLY like to know ! I just started taking the Bronkaid and No Doz earlier this Week ( Monday ), too ... what's the best way for me to KEEP my Muscle, do you think ... right now and when and if I get down to single digit Bodyfat in the future ? Thank you.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 08:03:42 PM »
Ma Huang? Guarana? Ephedra?
None of these equal any of the other synthetics (clen, T3, and I think cytomel can be thrown in there but not my field for sure).
No matter what Dexter is taking, you don't transform like that with zero cardio. ;)

Your wrong ignorant and stupid. GH15 aswell as many others rate ephedra and T3 to be the best fat burners availible. You are stupid because t3 and cytomel are the same thing.
shotgun on the team

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2007, 08:28:13 PM »
Your wrong ignorant and stupid. GH15 aswell as many others rate ephedra and T3 to be the best fat burners availible. You are stupid because t3 and cytomel are the same thing.

And you jump to conclusions and cannot comprehend. Try reading AND understanding the post and what I was talking about...... >:(

wylllis100

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 03:35:07 AM »
It is very much possible that he didnt do any cardio to get like that.  I know a few amateur bodybuilders that have done no cardio in prep for a show in the past.

When you are taking descent levels of GH like I presume Dexter Jackson is getting rid of fat when dieting or gaining muscle is not an issue.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007, 05:15:06 AM »
He used to but he started doing cardio a few years ago.  His metabolism has slowed down with age. 

Not so much age, just increased mass. You can't eat enough to force a high body weight past a certain unnatural point without having to take extra measures to keep excess fat in check.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2007, 07:34:04 AM »
And you jump to conclusions and cannot comprehend. Try reading AND understanding the post and what I was talking about...... >:(

I understand that you thought T3 and cytomel were two different compounds, why comment on something you obviously no nothing about?
shotgun on the team

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2007, 08:04:28 AM »
DNP??  Are you crazy??  You know what that stuff does to your body?  It will literally cook you from the inside out on the cellular level.  NO ONE SHOULD EVER CONSIDER DOING DNP UNLESS THEY WANT TO DIE VERY QUICKLY.  :o

have YOU ever tried it?

no.

then STFU.

stop talking about something you know nothing about. you look uninformed and unintelligent.

it is a very broad stroke to assume everyone who does dnp 'will die very quickly'. the only chance of death comes at dosages that are too high as the body has no feedback mechanism to cope with it.

using it responsibly will burn fat off you at an accelerated rate, if you can handle the discomfort- oh, and you wont die.

try to be a little more responsible next time you post.

hope this helps.

b

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 08:05:25 AM »
I understand that you thought T3 and cytomel were two different compounds, why comment on something you obviously no nothing about?

busted...
b

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2007, 10:15:27 AM »
no one needs to do cardio to loose weight, all you need is a caloric deficit. fuck ectomorph, mesomorph, its all bullshit.

that being said, doing cardio will help you get into a "negative caloric state" (in combination with caloric restriction).

nothing special about dexter jackson...compared to the average person, apart from him being on massive amounts of drugs that help with burning fat and keeping his muscles when dieting. (+he has good muscle shape etc..)
True. To a point...

Dexter has the 'negroe genetics'. Most negroes have excellent genetics for low bodyfat levels and heavy muscularity. It's true.

Know what's the best? In MD...in his ghost written 'Q&A' he answers tons of cardio/fat loss questions. One month it's use METRx and now it's use Hydroxycut again. Hahahahahahaha!

Phony shit they put in the magazines. I loath it.
?

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 04:21:32 PM »
True. To a point...

Dexter has the 'negroe genetics'. Most negroes have excellent genetics for low bodyfat levels and heavy muscularity. It's true.

Know what's the best? In MD...in his ghost written 'Q&A' he answers tons of cardio/fat loss questions. One month it's use METRx and now it's use Hydroxycut again. Hahahahahahaha!

Phony shit they put in the magazines. I loath it.

yes true about black mans genetics...often naturally low fat levels and good ability to add muscle . the dark skin makes the muscles "more visible" too.
also often good biceps insertions and round muscle bellies (and poor calves)

these are obviously generalizations, but still true in many cases.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »
Is this really true ? I only ask because as a Natural I would REALLY like to know ! I just started taking the Bronkaid and No Doz earlier this Week ( Monday ), too ... what's the best way for me to KEEP my Muscle, do you think ... right now and when and if I get down to single digit Bodyfat in the future ? Thank you.

well, as a natural you just have to accept your gonna lose more muscle than a steroid user..specially when trying to go under 6-7% (varies depending on the individual)....but dont worry you dont have to be competition ripped to look good..(unless your competing obviously)....

if your have a fat% of 7%, you will be plenty ripped with abs showing and all.

so my advice is dont push it too far if your not gonna compete. take it slow, dont try to loose weight too fast, keep carbs in your diet, when you dip below 9-10...go to a 3 days per week schedule..with focus on the basic exercises and cut down on the number of sets you do but still try to work hard and avoid starting to use high reps for definition (which is bs as you know)

also, never overdo the cardio! specially important for a natural...

actually i would stop doing cardio (or reduce it dramtically)  when you reach a low fat%...(7% or so)

its hard to give exact fat % levels as it differs abit from person to person.

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2007, 04:42:06 PM »
Somebody told me a natural should do 25 minutes of HIT cardio, bc anything more may burn muscle???  I've attempted regular cardio teice now for cutting purposes, however I swear I appear leaner when i don't do it!?  Then again i just turned 24 so maybe it'll tapper off soon...  Confuses the shit outta me tho..

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2007, 05:00:23 PM »
Somebody told me a natural should do 25 minutes of HIT cardio, bc anything more may burn muscle???  I've attempted regular cardio teice now for cutting purposes, however I swear I appear leaner when i don't do it!?  Then again i just turned 24 so maybe it'll tapper off soon...  Confuses the shit outta me tho..

na...you cant give that specific recommendations. 25min of HIT or more will burn muscle? it depends on many factors.
 for example:
if your in a caloric surplus and do regular weight training, doing more than 25min of HIT cardio wont burn a gram of muscle.

if your in a caloric deficit..yes overdoing cardio can make you loose muscle and fat. but it depends on many factors: do you use drugs, what is your current fat%, how big is the caloric deficit, how often do you do the cardio etc etc.

dont get confused tho. do the cardio you like, if you choose to do cardio.

it has cardiovascular benefits but isnt necessary to do to loose fat.

i could write pages on this but i dont wanna confuse you even more.

dont complicate things.

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2007, 05:08:21 PM »
Thanks- for the feedback SB :)

I never get techincal about anything with BB- I just love train and so forth...  I fortunatly have pretty good genetics, a crazy metabolism, ,and good work ethic...  Always have abs, but every now and then I kinda want to diet down and see what i'd look like in single digit Bf.  So i'll throwing in cardio, diet some...  Never count calories etc pretty much judge by the mirror and how i feel...  i will say my back started to seperate nicely when i was doing cardio...

If i were to do a show, i'd probably get a little more technical but for now its just for fun- after training for so long its nice change something aside from lifts

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2007, 05:18:28 PM »
Thanks- for the feedback SB :)

I never get techincal about anything with BB- I just love train and so forth...  I fortunatly have pretty good genetics, a crazy metabolism, ,and good work ethic...  Always have abs, but every now and then I kinda want to diet down and see what i'd look like in single digit Bf.  So i'll throwing in cardio, diet some...  Never count calories etc pretty much judge by the mirror and how i feel...  i will say my back started to seperate nicely when i was doing cardio...

If i were to do a show, i'd probably get a little more technical but for now its just for fun- after training for so long its nice change something aside from lifts

good, if your not doing a competition diet, dont complicate things!

just workout 3-5 days a week. and if you wanna diet..cut down on food abit..preferably take away some carbs (not all), keep protein at 1-1.25 g/lbs bw keep fat at 40-50g a day. do some cardio if you wish, and do a form of cardio you like and enjoy. if you like HIT cardio do that, if you like slower abit longer walks do that instead...all that matters is that you get into a caloric deficit. (by lowering food intake and/or increasing cardio).

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2007, 05:23:15 PM »
Pretty much try to eat clean- and i just train my arse off.  I'm going to as y'all say, the "dark side" here soon after much debate- simply because i decided to do a show and after a few years of trying many different approaches and gaining no more real muscle mass...  I'll post some pics because i wanted some before/after..  I'll throw some on here and let eveyone flame away  ;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2007, 05:28:52 PM »
Pretty much try to eat clean- and i just train my arse off.  I'm going to as y'all say, the "dark side" here soon after much debate- simply because i decided to do a show and after a few years of trying many different approaches and gaining no more real muscle mass...  I'll post some pics because i wanted some before/after..  I'll throw some on here and let eveyone flame away  ;D

let getbig purge you. let the catharsis begin.

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2007, 05:30:08 PM »
LOL   ;D