Author Topic: Remember when Victor Richards was going to compete...  (Read 12224 times)

Master Blaster

Re: Remember when Victor Richards was going to compete...
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 04:32:49 PM »
You don't say...and would you believe he thinks the same of you

Does he give you a reach around, sammy?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 04:37:13 PM »
look, maybe he was scared..and was one of those guys who couldnt stand loosing size when dieting...

or maybe he got his pro card (by winning easily nigerian championship)...with the intention to compete but then decided not to compete....

or maybe he got his pro card knowing he would never want to compete in the pro ranks and just got the pro card to be able to make more money from guest posings etc etc.

irregardless of the reason he didnt compete on a pro stage. the fact still remains he was the most massive bodybuilder in the world in the early 90s..and one of the best bodybuilders of the 90s. i dont give a shit if he competed or not.

some people rank bodybuilders by their competition results, i dont. in fact i dont care that much who wins a competition...its all about getting inspiration for your own training.

richards> tom prince

I understand what you're saying but he's not one of the best bodybuilders of the 1990s he was certainly the biggest he was 275 pounds well before ANYONE at a height of 5'10" but he wouldn't have competed at that weight he was not in contest ready conditioning , but very impressive none the less.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 04:48:20 PM »
I understand what you're saying but he's not one of the best bodybuilders of the 1990s he was certainly the biggest he was 275 pounds well before ANYONE at a height of 5'10" but he wouldn't have competed at that weight he was not in contest ready conditioning , but very impressive none the less.

once again..i dont care about competitions.  ;)..i realize he would have had to sacrifice size to get competition ripped. but competition ripped is for me not the best look for a bodybuilder..(its maybe 5 weeks out or so in general)

many claims about richard was pure bs..such as that he weighed 367lbs lol..or the 30 000 calories per day thing (in reality it was said that he ONCE ate that amount of calories..which is also bs). if i would guess...i think he ate maybe 8000 calories per day at his biggest. (which is an insane amount..as many people overestimate the amount calories they eat, but in vics case it may be true)

he did weigh 320-330 at one point tho (carrying lots of water of course)

would richard won the mr olympia had he dieted down? na probably not...but once again..doesnt matter. he did his own thing..

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007, 07:23:51 PM »
Didn't he lose to Gaspari or something and decided "this is bullshit".

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2007, 09:15:23 PM »
BEFORE ANOTHER WORD OR ARGUMENT IS MADE ON THIS ISSUE...HERE IS VICS MYSPACE ACCOUNT  http://www.myspace.com/vicrichards   WHERE YOU CAN READ HIS OWN REASONS FOR BODYBUILDING AND NOT COMPETING. ALL OF THIS SPECULATION AND MINDLESS COMMENTARY ON VIC WITHOUT THE LEAST BIT OF FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE IS SICKENING AT BEST. THIS WILL SETTLE ALL ARGUMENTS AND COMMENTS AND IF YOU WANT YOU CAN PERSONALLY ASK HIM A QUESTION OR QUESTIONS ABOUT HIS CAREER, EVEN THOUGH I FEEL HE HAS DONE A GREAT JOB AT EXPLAINING EVERYTHING ON HIS MYSPACE SITE.
C

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2007, 09:20:52 PM »
Thanks Victor.
a

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 03:13:40 AM »
look, maybe he was scared..and was one of those guys who couldnt stand loosing size when dieting...

or maybe he got his pro card (by winning easily nigerian championship)...with the intention to compete but then decided not to compete....

or maybe he got his pro card knowing he would never want to compete in the pro ranks and just got the pro card to be able to make more money from guest posings etc etc.

irregardless of the reason he didnt compete on a pro stage. the fact still remains he was the most massive bodybuilder in the world in the early 90s..and one of the best bodybuilders of the 90s. i dont give a shit if he competed or not.

some people rank bodybuilders by their competition results, i dont. in fact i dont care that much who wins a competition...its all about getting inspiration for your own training.

richards> tom prince

::)
Yeah man! I think if Tiger Woods never competed in golf people would still think he is the best golf player in the world!!?? WTF? You realy believe that shit you are saying? Muhammed Ali would still be number one boxer in world if he never competed in competition as a professional?

You know... actually I am the best bodybuilder in the world. I just don't want to compete as a professional because I don't want to risk my health... YEAH RIGHT

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 03:32:24 AM »
HELLO STUPID

I congratulated him on not destroying himself with drugs and the BB lifestyle like so many others have and are still doing. Even the BEST BBs don't sign contracts really worth much relative to their needs. BB is not like Baseball, football or basketball when it comes to contracts, endorsements or money in general. The professional sports contracts are in the TENS OF MILLIONS, a pro BB is lucky to get a million dollars worth of contracts and endorsements. Take out the taxes, rent or mortgage, insurance, DRUGS, lifestyle, car etc etc and the money is spent before many of them get it. So as I said I would have loved to see VIC compete and WIN which I am sure he would have, but I am glad he didn't get sucked in to the DRUG ABUSE lifestyle that competing would have required, like we see today and the incredible amounts of deaths and cardiac issues we hear so much about, because by now he would have been another statistic.

So far as not getting anything good out of BB, VIC has gotten more than you understand...he for one has his health, has a wife and children, is still one of the most widely recognized person/BB alive and didn't have to sacrifice his self respect, health or LIFE in the process of trying to win a trophy or title thats not worth much more than SQUAT. If it were possible to ask...how many dead wrestlers, BBs, Worlds strongest men, and former heavy juicers would do it all again if they knew for certain they would DIE? I would bet you there would be a whole lot less BB doing drugs if this knowledge was available before they went as far as they did with the drugs for the sake of winning a trophy.

HAhahahahaha, surely you are the unbelievably thick bastard if you don't think that Vic was a 'heavy juicer'. Regardless of what a BB contract is worth, Vic took all the same drug related risks and for DICK financial gain. Is this somehow better than doing the exact same thing and earning a little money out of it like a normal BB? He took steroids, this is drug abuse. I don't quite understand how you are differentiating?!?!?

I think he just had no back and he knew it and couldn't be arsed to sort it out, and didn't want to suffer the same muscle-maturity related scrutiny that Dillet did. He has done a smart job as propagating his image as the Mr Olympia that never was however. Non- retards realise there is more to it than this however.

fonz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007, 07:00:35 AM »
even though if he competed...he would'nt have done anything against Dorian,Kevin,Demayo,Ronnie...

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 08:56:26 AM »
HAhahahahaha, surely you are the unbelievably thick bastard if you don't think that Vic was a 'heavy juicer'. Regardless of what a BB contract is worth, Vic took all the same drug related risks and for DICK financial gain. Is this somehow better than doing the exact same thing and earning a little money out of it like a normal BB? He took steroids, this is drug abuse. I don't quite understand how you are differentiating?!?!?

I think he just had no back and he knew it and couldn't be arsed to sort it out, and didn't want to suffer the same muscle-maturity related scrutiny that Dillet did. He has done a smart job as propagating his image as the Mr Olympia that never was however. Non- retards realise there is more to it than this however.

SHIT MAN

How do you remember to wipe your ass after taking a dump being as stupid as you are? I did not say he DIDN'T take drugs, so why are you so hung up on that? I said I congratulate him on not DESTROYING himself with DRUG ABUSE and the bobybuilding lifestyle....THAT MEANS I AM GLAD HE DIDN'T DO THE MAGNITUDE AND MULTITUDE OF DRUGS (both hormone and recreational) THAT TODAYS BB DOES IN AN ATTEMPT TO WIN A TROPHY AND IN THE PROCESS DESTROY HIS HEALTH OR WORST CAUSE HIS DEATH!!!!!

Vic was/is smart enough to see the REAL DEAL about BB and the risks his fellow BBs were/are taking to get a worthless trophy and small town fame. He saw what was going on in PRO BB where as YOU and the masses don't know JACKSHIT but act otherwise. In all honesty YOU an the rest of the CRACKED HEADS on this thread should have a lot more respect for the man being that at best, all you say is at best speculation or as in this case a FLAT OUT LIE. He should be a respected person because he is an example of a person having a threshold that he will not cross. I wish some other BB would learn to DRAW THE LINE, so that like Benoit, Perry, Matarazzo, DeMayo, Titus etc etc they don't end up dead, in jail or with destroyed health for essentially nothing.

So far as your opinion on Vic not having a back...DON'T BE MORE STUPID THAN I ALREADY KNOW YOU TO BE...It is clear you have never seen Vic, but rather speak as a jealous jerk or someone who has nothing but HATE to express. You can Google Vics vids and see what an awesome BB he was (and still is) and how there was NO COMPETITOR WHO COULD HAVE CHALLENGED THE GUY IN HIS DAY even Mr Olympia Ronnie Coleman would have been challenged to defeat Vic in his prime. You can not make an argument over that...that is unless you just wish to be viewed as totally retarded and clueless to bodybuilding.

THIS IS A VIDEO OF VIC IN THE OFF SEASON, STILL LOOKING AWESOME, GUEST POSING 

HERE IS ANOTHER videoOF VIC TRAINING FOR MUSCLE BEACH NEWS...AWESOME

ANOTHER   

C

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 09:41:23 AM »
The problem with a never ran is that you can only speculate on how well they would have performed and are unburdened by the realities.  However, I think Richards was pretty good and would have gotten decent to high placings.  The only thing to consider is that we never saw him in ultra-shredded CONTEST LEVEL shape and do not know if he would have been able to achieve that type of conditioning.  Paul Dillet looked great but was never able to really dial it in.
A

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007, 11:45:51 AM »
The problem with a never ran is that you can only speculate on how well they would have performed and are unburdened by the realities.  However, I think Richards was pretty good and would have gotten decent to high placings.  The only thing to consider is that we never saw him in ultra-shredded CONTEST LEVEL shape and do not know if he would have been able to achieve that type of conditioning.  Paul Dillet looked great but was never able to really dial it in.

Paul absolutely knew how to DIAL IT IN...Paul's problem was he did not know how to POSE. If you can not display your muscles correctly it is almost as though you don't have them at all. That was Paul's downfall...not to mention the hilarious cramping episode he had on stage where he became stiff as a board and had to be carried off like a person in total rigormortis.

Vic looked excellent and for someone who was scraping 300 pounds cut he looked fantastic. So far as being ultra shredded that look was not possible then unless a person was a middle weight. In the time of Vic there was a guy named Ron Love who was also 300 pounds and while he looked good too, trying to look like a ripped Shawn Ray was not going to be possible simply because it is too much mass to try and deplete of water and fat without the dangers of DEATH...remember Benaziz. Too much water depletion and fat depletion and he essentially DIED ON STAGE.
C

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2007, 12:03:26 PM »
Paul absolutely knew how to DIAL IT IN...Paul's problem was he did not know how to POSE. If you can not display your muscles correctly it is almost as though you don't have them at all. That was Paul's downfall...not to mention the hilarious cramping episode he had on stage where he became stiff as a board and had to be carried off like a person in total rigormortis.

Vic looked excellent and for someone who was scraping 300 pounds cut he looked fantastic. So far as being ultra shredded that look was not possible then unless a person was a middle weight. In the time of Vic there was a guy named Ron Love who was also 300 pounds and while he looked good too, trying to look like a ripped Shawn Ray was not going to be possible simply because it is too much mass to try and deplete of water and fat without the dangers of DEATH...remember Benaziz. Too much water depletion and fat depletion and he essentially DIED ON STAGE.

LMFAO when was Ron Love anywhere NEAR 300 pounds? maybe offseason and bloated but he was just 222 pounds at the 1988 Mr Olympia

AVBG

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2007, 12:29:47 PM »
LMFAO when was Ron Love anywhere NEAR 300 pounds? maybe offseason and bloated but he was just 222 pounds at the 1988 Mr Olympia

Ron Love was a quality bodybuilder 8) .. Ron had some of the widest set of shoulders ever seen.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 01:20:29 PM »
Ron Love was a quality bodybuilder 8) .. Ron had some of the widest set of shoulders ever seen.
I KNOW...HE TRAINED ME FOR A WHOLE YEAR FOR A SHOW.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2007, 02:48:14 PM »

Oh I remember Ron he was a Chicago cop , I'm not doubting he was a quality bodybuilder , just the fact he was anywhere near 300 pounds even offseason .

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 04:19:51 PM »

WELL WELL WELL ...IF IT ISN'T THE DEVIL AGAIN...I THOUGHT I GOT RID OF YOU...WELL SINCE YOU ARE HERE AGAIN I FOUND THIS VIDEO OF RON LOVE. I REMEMBER HIM AS OVER SIX FEET AND ONE OF THE BODYBUILDERS JOHN PARILLO WAS TRAINING TO BE THE NEXT 300 POUND BODYBUILDER...CLEARLY HE IS WAY MORE THAN THE 222 POUNDS (REMEMBER SHAWN RAY WAS 215 POUNDS AND ONLY 5' 7") YOU CLAIM, WHAT STATS YOU ARE READING FROM I DO NOT KNOW, BUT THEN I SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO BELIEVE AND ATHEIST

C

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »
WELL WELL WELL ...IF IT ISN'T THE DEVIL AGAIN...I THOUGHT I GOT RID OF YOU...WELL SINCE YOU ARE HERE AGAIN I FOUND THIS VIDEO OF RON LOVE. I REMEMBER HIM AS OVER SIX FEET AND ONE OF THE BODYBUILDERS JOHN PARILLO WAS TRAINING TO BE THE NEXT 300 POUND BODYBUILDER...CLEARLY HE IS WAY MORE THAN THE 222 POUNDS (REMEMBER SHAWN RAY WAS 215 POUNDS AND ONLY 5' 7") YOU CLAIM, WHAT STATS YOU ARE READING FROM I DO NOT KNOW, BUT THEN I SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO BELIEVE AND ATHEIST

It's WHITE DEVIL to you  ;) and Ron Love was exactly 6'0" tall and Ron Love never made it to 300 pounds so John Parillo's methods leave a lot to be desired and the weight of 222 pounds comes from the ONLY Mr Olympia to ever have an official weigh in and Mr Love weighed 222 and one half pounds and Shawn Ray who wasn't really sharp as normal when he tried to compete heavier ( 215 pounds ) was a very svelte 201 and one half pounds

So where is you just speculated Mr Love was 300 pounds I can prove he was no where near that and so much for not believing the atheist , keep believing in the imaginary guy in the sky .

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2007, 04:38:13 PM »

::)
Yeah man! I think if Tiger Woods never competed in golf people would still think he is the best golf player in the world!!?? WTF? You realy believe that shit you are saying? Muhammed Ali would still be number one boxer in world if he never competed in competition as a professional?

You know... actually I am the best bodybuilder in the world. I just don't want to compete as a professional because I don't want to risk my health... YEAH RIGHT

bodybuilding isnt boxing or golf.

its a subjective "sport", and its obvious the so called judges often get it "wrong".

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2007, 05:54:45 PM »
imagine if Dennis James never competed but all we saw where shots of him at the gym or in the parking lot

people would go crazy calling him Mr Olympia and the greatest ever

pics in hte gym dont correspond to placings in the Pros

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2007, 08:53:25 PM »
imagine if Dennis James never competed but all we saw where shots of him at the gym or in the parking lot

people would go crazy calling him Mr Olympia and the greatest ever

pics in hte gym dont correspond to placings in the Pros

Yeah, but his problem is that structurally his lats are way too high.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2007, 11:54:48 PM »

well ron was about 105-109 kg in contest shape...u do the math. at 5'11" 1/2 ...and he was a cop in Detroit not Chicago. John Parrilo used his name to advertise himself but never really trained Ron. He trained either by himself or with various parteners.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2007, 03:20:21 AM »
SHIT MAN

How do you remember to wipe your ass after taking a dump being as stupid as you are? I did not say he DIDN'T take drugs, so why are you so hung up on that? I said I congratulate him on not DESTROYING himself with DRUG ABUSE and the bobybuilding lifestyle....THAT MEANS I AM GLAD HE DIDN'T DO THE MAGNITUDE AND MULTITUDE OF DRUGS (both hormone and recreational) THAT TODAYS BB DOES IN AN ATTEMPT TO WIN A TROPHY AND IN THE PROCESS DESTROY HIS HEALTH OR WORST CAUSE HIS DEATH!!!!!

Vic was/is smart enough to see the REAL DEAL about BB and the risks his fellow BBs were/are taking to get a worthless trophy and small town fame. He saw what was going on in PRO BB where as YOU and the masses don't know JACKSHIT but act otherwise. In all honesty YOU an the rest of the CRACKED HEADS on this thread should have a lot more respect for the man being that at best, all you say is at best speculation or as in this case a FLAT OUT LIE. He should be a respected person because he is an example of a person having a threshold that he will not cross. I wish some other BB would learn to DRAW THE LINE, so that like Benoit, Perry, Matarazzo, DeMayo, Titus etc etc they don't end up dead, in jail or with destroyed health for essentially nothing.

So far as your opinion on Vic not having a back...DON'T BE MORE STUPID THAN I ALREADY KNOW YOU TO BE...It is clear you have never seen Vic, but rather speak as a jealous jerk or someone who has nothing but HATE to express. You can Google Vics vids and see what an awesome BB he was (and still is) and how there was NO COMPETITOR WHO COULD HAVE CHALLENGED THE GUY IN HIS DAY even Mr Olympia Ronnie Coleman would have been challenged to defeat Vic in his prime. You can not make an argument over that...that is unless you just wish to be viewed as totally retarded and clueless to bodybuilding.

THIS IS A VIDEO OF VIC IN THE OFF SEASON, STILL LOOKING AWESOME, GUEST POSING 

HERE IS ANOTHER videoOF VIC TRAINING FOR MUSCLE BEACH NEWS...AWESOME

ANOTHER   

Steroids come with their own risks. Competing doesn't mean you are automatically a crack head.

Dorian managed to be Mr O without going to niche American nightclubs all the time, he just turned up and won. Doing well at a show does not mean being a junkie, although obviously hjstory has proved the two are not mutually exclusive.

I think Vic is great, one massive powerful bastard, BUT he famously lacked refinement. He did not have a world class back, as anyone can see in the famous FIBO clip or any footage released in fact. If good back footage existed would he not want people to see it? Actual pics of his back are also hard to find, presumably for this reason. He was narrow in the delts for his enormous chest and chunky waiste, and never actually demonstrated the ability to achieve great condition. The Olympia is all about christmas trees and back width, Vic showed no evidence of either, by all means prove me wrong! Consequently, it is beyond ignorant to assume he would somehow definitely be able to get into unbeatable condition and challenge Ronnie or Dorian (Mr O at the time, inhuman conditioning) or something. There are plenty of 275lb (his actual competition weight) giants around, but detail, refinement and overall condition are essential for getting anywhere these days.

In photoshoots and gym videos, however, he looked absolutely incredible. His arms and pretty much everything else were thick as a brick, but I am in no way stupid for highlighting the flawed simplicity of such a basic analysis as yours.

Jav

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2007, 03:30:11 AM »

You seriously mean he didn't drugs? You congratulate him for what? Doing huge amount of drugs without getting any good out of all that shit? In my opinion that's one of the most stupid things you can do!

Theres been more than one interview where he has mentioned he used drugs just like any other bbers, but he always went on to say how much he hated Androgens and how shit they made him look. he said if it was possible he just used to stick to Anabolics.