Author Topic: Another front on the war on terror.  (Read 1055 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Another front on the war on terror.
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:28:08 AM »
This is what happens when everybody leaves u alone to fight....good article.

http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/2007/09/2926516

Whether you agree with it or not, it's likely there will be some changes to the current size and shape of U.S. forces in Iraq over the next year. For reasons from the political to the practical, the current troop surge in Iraq isn't going to last forever.
In some corners of defense intelligentsia, the U.S.-backed effort in the southern Philippines against the al-Qaida-affiliated Abu Sayyaf group ("Bearer of the Sword") is being touted as the most successful counterterrorism campaign of the post-Sept. 11 period. Indeed, some are promoting Operation Enduring Freedom-Philippines (OEF-P) as a model counterterrorism (CT) and counterinsurgency (COIN) operation. Although not everyone would agree with that characterization, it's worthwhile to take a look at OEF-P to see whether the strategy and policy might be applied to the ongoing challenges in Iraq — or elsewhere......

L

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Re: Another front on the war on terror.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:35:14 AM »
Is Africom up and running yet?
that seems to be the new front...
footloose and fancy free

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »
Thats what I'd like to do next. Its really raw right now. I think they have a commander and a tiny staff. It will be the first intergrated command to have alot of non military civil affairs folks along with law enforcement laisons etc etc. This command will be able to hunt terrorists and build bridges. The first guy in charge is really going to be able to do what he wants and shape the organization. It should be pretty exciting.
L

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 04:53:12 PM »
theres a group in the Philippines known as the Moro Islamic Liberation Front....better known as 'M.I.L.F.' hahahahaha

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 06:11:59 PM »
theres a group in the Philippines known as the Moro Islamic Liberation Front....better known as 'M.I.L.F.' hahahahaha

Now headhunter can request Ron to change his name to milfhunter!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 09:04:42 AM »
I could....
L