Author Topic: Mr. O Gone Schmoe - It's official.  (Read 3267 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Mr. O Gone Schmoe - It's official.
« on: September 13, 2007, 01:07:10 PM »

The Olympia expo organizers are definitely reaching out to the consumer schmoes now.

Measuring a girl's flexed bicep with a tape measure?  That's about as schmoey as you can get in public. lol

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Mr. O Gone Schmoe - It's official.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 01:11:08 PM »
there's only half a bber in that picture...    ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:17:04 PM »

Schmolympia in full effect.

I love it!  hahaha

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 01:24:57 PM »
Notice that the reigning Mr. O has a smaller picture than a random woman getting her bicep measured or a wrestler holding a non-IFBB belt (in other words, he has nothing to do with the sport). Can you imagine a super bowl poster where there's a small picture in the lower corner of the football players and the rest is of some WWE guys and some women?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 01:26:52 PM »
it's not Mr. Olympia, it's the "Olympia weekend". 

i give it about 5 more times before the Mr. Olympia is out of the Olympia weekend.
Deep Tissue Massage

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 01:34:38 PM »
They should just put "beer and bitches!"
I'd go! hahah j/k but honestly thats a disgrace. I hope that's just one of MANY Olympia posters and not theeee main poster.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 02:36:17 PM »
mr o and the arnold is all about making money ,.its not for bbing any more

Hell yeah it's about making money... how can the competition get top pros in it if there is no money in? This is the only way to make at least some kind of money...and of course mr o is still bodybuilding competition! If guys all the time want to get paid more and more you got to make the money from somewhere... you got any better ideas  ???

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 02:40:06 PM »
They should just put "beer and bitches!"
I'd go! hahah j/k but honestly thats a disgrace. I hope that's just one of MANY Olympia posters and not theeee main poster.

they really should sell booze during the weekend... it would improve the show!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 03:24:17 PM »

Why can't the Expo get a liquor license? 

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
Ok, this ad is an EXPO ad. Yes, the expo attracts 30,000+ people, of all shapes and sizes, and there are a number of various competitions there. The photo of the girl is from the Battle of the Biceps competition there. For every expo ad out there, there are more than triple the amount of competition ads. Include one out right now with Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, Victor Martinez, Dexter Jackson and Melvin Anthony!

So get with the program!  Mr. Olympia contest, Olympia Weekend Expo, and many other events going on!

See you there...

And Tre, you as the expert schmoe are not even going. Get it together. And start working on www.schmotopia.com already

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 04:38:26 PM »
Thats a funny poster, cause the poster they have of the "O" at my gym..(Gold's Vegas Decatur/Sahara) has a huge picture of Jay takes up almost the entire thing, theres a few hot fitness broads at the bottom and theres an image of Coleman in the backround also. Probably posting different posters in different demographics.

Alex23

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 04:43:43 PM »
Ok, this ad is an EXPO ad. Yes, the expo attracts 30,000+ people, of all shapes and sizes, and there are a number of various competitions there. The photo of the girl is from the Battle of the Biceps competition there. For every expo ad out there, there are more than triple the amount of competition ads. Include one out right now with Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, Victor Martinez, Dexter Jackson and Melvin Anthony!

So get with the program!  Mr. Olympia contest, Olympia Weekend Expo, and many other events going on!

See you there...

And Tre, you as the expert schmoe are not even going. Get it together. And start working on www.schmotopia.com already

Ron are you the shmoe holding the tape ;D ?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 04:56:51 PM »

Well... I wish I could take credit for it, but no i am not. I will try this year to bring the tape measure, and measure away...

This year, we are going to have lots of fun! The O is the best show of the year!

Alex23

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 05:14:45 PM »

Well... I wish I could take credit for it, but no i am not. I will try this year to bring the tape measure, and measure away...

This year, we are going to have lots of fun! The O is the best show of the year!

I've got a pretty long list of getbiggers who contacted me saying they're going. Should be a lot of fun. I'm definitely bringing my HandyCam.

Getbiggers, drop by bros, well do a "getbig video confessional: I'm a smarter ass than X" a la "Last comic Standing". I'll add it to my "Alex23 crazy hotel room action + afterparty embarassments" docu-drama.

Oh and LiftStudio made it clear he's after me. I hope he ate his veggies. Will be fun to see ;D.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 05:25:40 PM »
Measuring a girl's flexed bicep with a tape measure?  That's about as schmoey as you can get in public. lol

Then why did you do it?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 05:26:41 PM »
The Olympia expo organizers are definitely reaching out to the consumer schmoes now.

That's right down your alley, baby Tre.   :-X

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 06:52:31 PM »
I also put this in a separate thread, but these are some of the Olympia posters that are out, for the competitions. These are great!

Stavios

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 06:54:47 PM »
hahaha Ronnie is seriously pwning Jay in those 2 last pics

Alex23

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 09:00:55 PM »
hahaha Ronnie is seriously pwning Jay in those 2 last pics

hahahaha he does very deeply. No pffense to jay.

Haterz Blockerz required.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 09:35:53 PM »

Is this good or bad news for you Tre? I would think the more schmoes at the event the better for you to promote your site.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 07:45:32 AM »
Is this good or bad news for you Tre? I would think the more schmoes at the event the better for you to promote your site.

It's a mixed blessing.

While I always have to chuckle a bit when the schmoe stuff works its way into bodybuilding's mainstream, I don't think it's always a good idea for the 'big boys' to tread on hallowed turf.  Even though I feel my little cottage industry is safe, I have to make sure - when they do attempt to copy us - that they stay reasonably true to the spirit of schmoeism. 

I dare say, though, it's *very* surprising to see them with such a hardcore schmoe image on one of their official Olympia Expo posters. 

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »
Ronnie is going to win.