Author Topic: Whoever doubted Melvin, be prepared to have a serving of humble pie  (Read 8831 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Wow Melvin looks great, just needs to drop the water. Interview with Dave Palumbo on MDTV.

Shawn Ray/Bob Chic.........be prepared to have a serving of humble pie

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=13783

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
Re: Shawn Ray/Bob Chic.........be prepared to have a serving of humble pie
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:28:50 PM »
Melvin's awesome, no doubt...but if he's 250 here (he's not), he'll need to be 240 by tomorrow.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:34:17 PM »
Unless all the weight's in his legs (which he didn't show) he looks exactly the same. No improvements at all. His chest is still too small, his arms aren't improved and his stomach is really becoming a problem.

Alex23

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 09:36:31 PM »
The meat lovin' combo known as Chick + Raw haters have less and less credibility.

And half of Melvin's talent.

Alex23

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 09:37:43 PM »
Unless all the weight's in his legs (which he didn't show) he looks exactly the same. No improvements at all. His chest is still too small, his arms aren't improved and his stomach is really becoming a problem.

I think you need to shut your mouth.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 09:38:24 PM »

Well if he looks exactly the same as he did last year thats pretty damn good, he placed top 5 at the olympia. So he should OWN this atlantic city show.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 09:41:28 PM »
The meat lovin' combo known as Chick + Raw haters have less and less credibility.

Dude they are getting worse and worse, I have respect for Bob, he's a good guy, but his predictions of late have been the shits.....Come on now, he predicted Mike Ergas to do damage at the Europa, and he didnt even get a callout.......Eryk Bui placed ahead of him...........

Shawn Ray, well he hates everyone. And everyone hates him, so thats all I have to say about that, he's a bitter fuck, so who cares what he says.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 09:42:32 PM »

" Chick + Raw " ? Did you mean Chick + Ray ? If so, then your EXTREMELY delusional ! Like your recently posted thread, " Call this Number " ( something like that ) I think it would be best if I returned the favor ... call this number : 1 800 NEED FUCKING EYEGLASSES because Ray in his prime SMOKES Melvin ... BY A LONG SHOT ! " ... half of Melvin's talent " ? WTF ?!

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »
"Are ya gonna have glutes tomorrow"?

Ya know, I was reading a thread on MD last week when Dave was doing play by play and he keeps on mentioning competitors "glutes"........to me it's irrelevant wether they have ripped glutes or not, it's not a sign of great conditioning, how many times have you seen ripped "glutes" and a smooth back........whats the freaking trade off here? Do they get a higher score for ripped glutes and a smooth back...........or having a ripped back and smooth "glutes". There's a "glute" fettish in bodybuilding where the judges (and Palumbo) seem to think that this is what conditioning is all about, when are these idiots (and the judges) going to start looking at the overall picture?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 09:55:04 PM »
"Are ya gonna have glutes tomorrow"?

Ya know, I was reading a thread on MD last week when Dave was doing play by play and he keeps on mentioning competitors "glutes"........to me it's irrelevant wether they have ripped glutes or not, it's not a sign of great conditioning, how many times have you seen ripped "glutes" and a smooth back........whats the freaking trade off here? Do they get a higher score for ripped glutes and a smooth back...........or having a ripped back and smooth "glutes". There's a "glute" fettish in bodybuilding where the judges (and Palumbo) seem to think that this is what conditioning is all about, when are these idiots (and the judges) going to start looking at the overall picture?

I agree, read my thread I started based on this same subject

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=166561.msg2347430#msg2347430

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 10:03:34 PM »
I agree, read my thread I started based on this same subject

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=166561.msg2347430#msg2347430

Yeah, I posted on that thread. I also read all the assnine comments like "based on what evidnence"? If they bothered to go back in time and do a little research they would find out that it was MUCH more popular and MUCH more accepted than it will ever be now!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 10:05:22 PM »
Yeah, I posted on that thread. I also read all the assnine comments like "based on what evidnence"? If they bothered to go back in time and do a little research they would find out that it was MUCH more popular and MUCH more accepted than it will ever be now!

Well the problem with this board Coach is that no one on getbig are true bodybuilding fans, they just liek to get on here and talk shit, no one has a clue about the history of the sport.

but it is nice  to have a  true fan like yourself on board!

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 10:09:53 PM »
Well the problem with this board Coach is that no one on getbig are true bodybuilding fans, they just liek to get on here and talk shit, no one has a clue about the history of the sport.

Thanks.........as frustrated as I am with the industry, after more than 30 years I can't seem to turn my back on it, maybe thats why it frustrates me so much. Does that make sense?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 10:13:25 PM »
Thanks.........as frustrated as I am with the industry, after more than 30 years I can't seem to turn my back on it, maybe thats why it frustrates me so much. Does that make sense?
Makes total sense. Myself, I am a young fan, but have really "fallen in love with the sport" I LOVE whats good about it(the discipline,hardwork,and beauty of a perfect physique), but HATE whats bad about it (gh,insulin,diuretics use). But Im a true fan, so I cant turn my back on it either.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 10:24:36 PM »
Reguarding Melvins comments on my prediction from last year..as you can see, I had him as high as 7th...two spots off from wheere he ended up.

2006 Mr. Olympia

"Melvin Anthony is in that second group as far as I'm concerned. Melvin is great; he is obviously one of the better entertainers and has the smallest waist onstage, bar none. Very nice aesthetics, but he definitely does not have the size to match up with the big boys. He will be a good contender but he will be somewhere between seventh and tenth. "

To everyone else...handicapping a show and/or a competitor is not "hating" on anyone...it's what we do as analysts, radio show host, commentator, etc...just like in any other sport.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 10:27:25 PM »

but it is nice  to have a  true fan like yourself on board!

::) ::)

If you'd take the time and look around I'm sure ... as a matter of fact, I'M CERTAIN that you'd find A LOT of fans here at GetBig. I'm sure you know EVERYTHING about the " sport " of Bodybuilding ... you see to obviously HAVE A CLUE which might mean you think your smarter ( and perhaps better ) than everyone else. Get a fucking grip !

Alex23

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 10:28:51 PM »
" Chick + Raw " ? Did you mean Chick + Ray ? If so, then your EXTREMELY delusional ! Like your recently posted thread, " Call this Number " ( something like that ) I think it would be best if I returned the favor ... call this number : 1 800 NEED FUCKING EYEGLASSES because Ray in his prime SMOKES Melvin ... BY A LONG SHOT ! " ... half of Melvin's talent " ? WTF ?!

"Raw" = wordplay. Sorry to tease your brain bro.

Ray did good 10 years ago. Melvin would've taken him at any shows.  Chick can only dream of Marvelous' track record.

Plus we like Melvin. He's a true warrior and a great person and unattracted by tranny and doesn't live in a 1br rented condo.

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 10:29:25 PM »
Melvin is great; he is obviously one of the better entertainers and has the smallest waist onstage, bar none. Very nice aesthetics, but he definitely does not have the size to match up with the big boys. He will be a good contender but he will be somewhere between seventh and tenth. "

Translation; "His chest sticks out further than his gut, therefore he'll place somewhere between seventh and tenth".

BTW, do you know a dude by the name of Scott Prohaska from NY? He says he knows you well.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 10:34:10 PM »
Raw = wordplay. Sorry to tease your brain bro.

Ray did good 10 years ago. Melvin would've taken him at any shows.  Chick can only dream of Marvelous' track record.

Plus we like Melvin. He's a true warrior and a great person and unattracted by tranny and doesn't live in a 1br rented condo.

No need to be sorry for " teasing " my Brain ... I've got a Girlfriend that does plenty of that !  ;D

I like Melvin, too, however, what does being " unattracted by tranny and doesn't live in a 1br rented condo. " have to do with anything ? Why not judge the physiques rather than the personalities and lifestyle choices ? Unless you " hang " with Melvin or Shawn then you REALLY don't know who they REALLY are or what they're REALLY like. Sorry man.  :-\

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 10:34:10 PM »

Hey Bob your an awesome dude, but even you have to admit that your pics as of late have kinda SUCKED

Reguarding Melvins comments on my prediction from last year..as you can see, I had him as high as 7th...two spots off from wheere he ended up.

2006 Mr. Olympia

"Melvin Anthony is in that second group as far as I'm concerned. Melvin is great; he is obviously one of the better entertainers and has the smallest waist onstage, bar none. Very nice aesthetics, but he definitely does not have the size to match up with the big boys. He will be a good contender but he will be somewhere between seventh and tenth. "

To everyone else...handicapping a show and/or a competitor is not "hating" on anyone...it's what we do as analysts, radio show host, commentator, etc...just like in any other sport.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 10:40:32 PM »
OOOOHHHH! lets add the word "fucking" in my retort, so I can really get my point across.

OK Iron Disciple, you must be the type of guy who sits down at his keyboard 24hrs a day thinking of "snappy comebacks" using the F-word to reply back on getbig with.

Way to go buddy, you really got your point across, I've been put in my place and will never post again on getbig..

P.S
Dude get real, I never said that I knew everything, Im just stating my opinion, so dont get so butt hurt on whats written on a message board, get a grip on reality bro! Its just a board

::) ::)

If you'd take the time and look around I'm sure ... as a matter of fact, I'M CERTAIN that you'd find A LOT of fans here at GetBig. I'm sure you know EVERYTHING about the " sport " of Bodybuilding ... you see to obviously HAVE A CLUE which might mean you think your smarter ( and perhaps better ) than everyone else. Get a fucking grip !

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 10:44:04 PM »
Hey Bob your an awesome dude, but even you have to admit that your pics as of late have kinda SUCKED

Other than Mike Ergas...name one.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 10:52:05 PM »
 :o

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 10:53:06 PM »
Melvin showed up for one show.  Chick sucks but I agree with him on Melvin at 7-10.  It's a gift he is lower.  Dave needs to finish his last yr of grad school, and get his medical degree.  He isnt doing s##t in bbing.

Oh...Monica!

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 10:56:52 PM »

How can you say that no one's a true fan  ??? I love bodybuilding. Duh.