Author Topic: 50 Cent Blaming Interscope For Poor Album Sales  (Read 1376 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
50 Cent Blaming Interscope For Poor Album Sales
« on: September 14, 2007, 02:33:44 AM »
Rapper 50 Cent has slammed Interscope Records for failing to adequately promote his album Curtis, accusing his record label of "dropping the ball" in his chart battle against Kanye West.

The In Da Club hitmaker - real name Curtis Jackson - released his new LP on Tuesday, the same day as West's Graduation - but the Stronger star is already outselling 50 Cent by two to one, according to midweek sales figures.

And Jackson is so unhappy with Interscope he has vowed to ditch the label after he completes his contract.

Speaking to DJ Angie Martinez on New York radio station Hot 97 on Wednesday, he says, "To be honest the process of selling this record hasn't been fun. I'm happy with the performance, but I'm not happy with the set up. We had conference calls and after we created this plan, nobody actually had a plan.

"It was the label. They're dropping the ball all over the place. I'll release my next album and then I'm a free agent."
Z

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: 50 Cent Blaming Interscope For Poor Album Sales
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 04:04:12 AM »
record labels are awful...

Dear 50, I downloaded your album.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 04:24:20 AM »
It has to destroy his self esteem, if he ain't the number 1 selling artist it affects endorsements..he knows that, His stanky Rich but he aint Number one.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 05:23:42 AM »
Thanks for not calling him Fiddy bluto
$

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"