Author Topic: Atlantic City Pro Women's updates / results  (Read 25604 times)

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
Re: Atlantic City Pro Women's updates / results
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2007, 10:28:48 PM »
Heaven forbid I become the voice of reason
LORD HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the one that competed? She must be "off-season"

DENNY CRANE
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2007, 12:08:11 AM »
LORD HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the one that competed? She must be "off-season"

DENNY CRANE

thanks champ, for showing us all how u practice for ur hot dates

:o
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2007, 02:10:53 AM »
First, I have to apologize For initially saying the Women didn't look to Hot!! I actually took some time and looked at more pics and must say, as a group they look pretty decent. However, I still like my figure women a little Tighter. Second, Congratulations to Andrea!!!! She has a lovely body. She should have won a top show a long time ago. Alti did look fantastic and I hope she doesn't get discouraged!!!! I have a reputation for being honest!!!! That means I don't always say whats popular or politically correct. I can piss some competitors off. I have told a couple of women I trained who actually made the top three, that they looked like shit!!!! Should have place last, if I was the judge. Understand, I didn't tell them to do the show in the first place. If I did, would tell them don't worry about the placings. I even told my Wife that she looked like a cow in two of her shows. I'm Brutally honest. Anyway, I spoke to Soon!!! SORRY!!!!! MY BAD!!!! FORGIVE ME PLEASE?

Claire Parmley

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2007, 06:24:25 AM »
Congrats to Andrea for her win ;)!

Congrats to Heather on her awesome PRO debut and for qualifying for the Olympia-definitely well deserved!

Congrats to my friend Claire who comes in improved and stronger each show-great conditioning and shape!

Krissy,
You were sorely missed at this show!  I hated not having you there!!  Thanks so much for giving me a smile!  I try to come in better at every show...just hope it will one day pay off.  I love you girl!

Claire Parmley

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2007, 06:36:17 AM »
The judging can be a difficult thing to decipher, but I refuse to be this pessimistic about the business.  For the most part, looking back on shows, top five placings can be somehow justified.  Athletes look great or they look pretty good.  The problem arises when you have a couple of competitors who come in looking incredible, like a Claire Parmley, yet that athlete comes in outside of the top ten.  Some athletes get overlooked and that doesn't seem right, and it's hard to defend .... you just have to say what you think about that competitor and hope that they stay at it to change the direction of the sport.  The sad thing would be if top level competitors with all the qualities and tools decided to give up.  As far as the money, yes a lot more of it needs to be directed to the athletes themselves rather than going to line the pockets of the federations and their corporate allies.

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a post regarding me.  You've been a true ego booster!   ;D
I must say that this show was the FIRST to upset me regarding the placings.  I have always competed b/c I love it and it is so much fun meeting most of these girls.  I usually just grin and bear it no matter where I place...and then take the motivation from placing last to push me even harder until the next show.  As long as I come in looking better at the next show, I don't get too upset with how I place.  However, 3 shows in a row...placing DEAD LAST...well, it hurts a LITTLE.  No worries though.  I am still going to show up at the West Palm in 4 weeks in, ONCE AGAIN, better shape.   So...time to get to work.....
Thanks again for your kind comments and motivation FigureRX!

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2007, 07:26:29 AM »
For those that don't know, Denny posted my myspace pic haha.  www.myspace.com/my50nash.  She's the best girl in competition.  If she comes in to "full" you just let the air out of her before finals.  She has great flexibility for the routine rounds. 

Just remember, come into a show in what YOU think is your best shape.  What a judge says at a show 2 weeks prior doesn't matter.  I watched a girl, during the get hard as nails years of fitness, listen to judges.  She kept getting harder and harder each national show.  Go to dallas and all of a sudden she went from placing 3rd at the past two, to 8th.  Seems a bunch of softies showed up, so it didn't matter what they had been saying.  They just judged whatever.  They can give you the excuses of "when your time is right", "you need more experience", that's all BS.  I've seen tons of girls magically make it through on their first tries. 

If you want to see one of the biggest setup crocks, go back and look at the arnold from 2-3 years ago.  A girl was allowed to compete in figure that had NO CLUE what she was doing.  She was ungodly out of shape vs the other girls and had NO clue how to pose.  The arnold was her 4th show, EVER.  Wonder how she got invited to that show?  She must have known the right people wink wink.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2007, 07:36:46 AM »
If you want to see one of the biggest setup crocks, go back and look at the arnold from 2-3 years ago.  A girl was allowed to compete in figure that had NO CLUE what she was doing.  She was ungodly out of shape vs the other girls and had NO clue how to pose.  The arnold was her 4th show, EVER.  Wonder how she got invited to that show?  She must have known the right people wink wink.

I recall that well. The audience was astounded...that 'eerie' hush came over when she came out.

Fitness Fan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2007, 07:52:43 AM »
You mean this....
And btw, you say allowed, you meant "invited" right?

Julie Lohre

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.julielohre.com
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2007, 08:17:01 AM »
First things first - YES Sandra, WE MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!  It is actually funny you asked because backstage (ok on stage too while warming up routines before night show with our typical 'it's time to have fun' Kimes style dancing) we were saying just that.  For those of you that have never been backstage to see the crazy trail mix eating, dancing and singing fitness competitors hopped up on adrenaline and sugar, I just have to say, you are missing out.  And while we had a great time, it just is not the same without Sandra (actually, Semsch too - we missed her at the last few shows).  By the way, good luck this weekend, we will be watching   ;)

Many have said it and they are sooo right - if this ain't fun, don't do it.  This sport should be about finding your own personal best.  My goal with each show is to come in better than I did the time before and to learn something new about myself.  The process that gets you to the show, as hard and trying as it maybe, is the reason to do it.  Knowing that you can shape your body the way YOU want it to be is the goal.  Overcoming obstacles, being creative and balancing life in the meantime are the challenges that make it worthwhile.  Is it hard – heck yes, but everything worth doing is hard.  

Here is how I really feel - after so many months of intense training and dieting the show should be your icing – your time to stand on stage and say – ‘look what I did’.  It is an incredible privilege to get to compete as an IFBB Pro and I thank God that I have been able to make it onto that stage in the first place.  Don't get me wrong, I want to win and work my ass off to do the best I possibly can, but I try to come into every show feeling like I have accomplished a personal win regardless of what the judges say.  Because with all due respect to the judges, I have to live with the body that I create and the name that I make for myself.  Of course, it is nice to do well and a little easier to say after 11 pro shows   :)

Katie, it was great to see you, we definitely miss you and I am so glad that you enjoyed my routine.  The crowd participation made it really fun and I walked off stage thrilled with what I had done.  Actually, I still think that round was my best round personally in Atlantic City so I am happy.  

Anyhow, the show was a very good experience and I am so excited to see some new women with strong routines competing.  Erin & Holly had incredible routines and I really enjoyed watching them.  Congrats to Tracy on another pro win!  Bethany Gainey looked amazing and I really like her physique.  Congratulations and I look forward to competing with you at the Olympia!

See you all next week!
Julie Lohre

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2007, 08:30:47 AM »
Amazing how people remember exactly what you're talking about, even when it was years ago.  Now how could something like that happen?  The show that is supposed to only invite the best, invited a girl that didn't even know the poses?  How would you like to be a girl sitting in the crowd that got turned down?  I have so many good stories, but I have to respect some of the other people that are involved in those stories.  It's a crooked industry, always has, always will be. 

To all fitness/figure girls.  If you ever want to have a chance in hell of placing, don't associate with me.  From these postings, I will be blackballed by the IFBB/NPC groupies.  Not that I give two flying flips, but for your own sake :)

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2007, 08:42:27 AM »
Julie!!

Thanks for the comment about my routine!  It's funny, I scored better in the 45 second round, but I consider my 2 minute routine to be my strongest round...go figure.

Oh well, it was a great experience, i am vey pleased with how I did, and I really am looking forward to making some improvements in my physique and getting back on stage in 2008 :)

Julie, your physique is absolutely amazing and so was your 2 minute routine (I too thought you would win the show).  More than that, it was really nice of you to help me keep my nerves in check and help make me feel comfortable in my pro debut.  Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

I hope you have a great time at the Olympia.  I know you will do awesome...kick some butt!!!

Keep training hard everyone!
Erin

Julie Lohre

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.julielohre.com
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2007, 08:46:06 AM »
Thanks Erin!  I am so excited for you - 6th at your pro debut in what I consider to be one of the toughests fitness shows this year : )  You are going to be a force in 08.  Keep working hard 
Julie   ;D

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2007, 08:55:23 AM »
Yes, Sandra we missed you!!  :-*
Well, I HAD FUN!!! I just go to dance on stage and eat trail mix back stage!!  ;)
Hehehehe!!
Congrats everyone! Bethany looked great ans deserved the Q for the "O"
Julie I think you have a great chance of cracking the top 6 at the "O"
Keep up the great work and the great attitude!
I had a great time with my roomie Claire Parmley who definitely got over looked in Fig.
And I want to give a shout out to Mandy Polk who I had a great time hanging out with after the show & in the airport. Your a very sweet girl and I wish you a speedy recovery on your hamstring!

God bless everyone!
Lorie

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2007, 10:12:15 AM »
I even told my Wife that she looked like a cow in two of her shows. I'm Brutally honest.
I hope she bitch slapped you after telling her that.
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2007, 10:16:22 AM »
Amazing how people remember exactly what you're talking about, even when it was years ago.  Now how could something like that happen?  The show that is supposed to only invite the best, invited a girl that didn't even know the poses?  How would you like to be a girl sitting in the crowd that got turned down?  I have so many good stories, but I have to respect some of the other people that are involved in those stories.  It's a crooked industry, always has, always will be. 

To all fitness/figure girls.  If you ever want to have a chance in hell of placing, don't associate with me.  From these postings, I will be blackballed by the IFBB/NPC groupies.  Not that I give two flying flips, but for your own sake :)
You had your own business in the industry and now that you're out of it you want to belittle it? Doesn't that make you a bit of a "crook"?

The Arnold is by invite only and who gets invited is ultimately up to Jim Lormier. I asked about why Jen Hartley was invited to the Arnold and was told that came directly from Jim Lormier. 2 years later, what difference does it make? Many competitors come and go, very few stick around for the long haul.
Elevate Your Image.™

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2007, 10:17:35 AM »

No offense FG, but I honestly thought along those lines when I read that also....

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2007, 11:10:52 AM »
Alexis is harder on herself than I could ever be. However, she is Dominican, and would Bitch Slap me if you knew she could get away with it. However, I'm 6"2 220lbs & From Inglewood Ca. Know one is ever going to think about Bitch Slapping me. However, People do respect honesty!!!! NO Women likes a Man who is To Much of a Pussy!!  to tell the Truth!!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2007, 11:13:01 AM »
Alexis is harder on herself than I could ever be. However, she is Dominican, and would Bitch Slap me if you knew she could get away with it. However, I'm 6"2 220lbs & From Inglewood Ca. Know one is ever going to think about Bitch Slapping me. However, People do respect honesty!!!! NO Women likes a Man who is To Much of a Pussy!!  to tell the Truth!!!
There's a thing called respect and tact, to call your wife "a cow" is disrespectful and rude.
Elevate Your Image.™

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »
There's a thing called respect and tact, to call your wife "a cow" is disrespectful and rude.

I concur. If Alexis is happy being called a cow, and also having her husband tell the world - cool...and I do not meant that snidely, I am serious, if that is cool by her great - but for me, I would simply not accept that and if Alexis is a cow, my god, I am a super whale as her level of conditioning makes me look obese.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2007, 01:10:24 PM »
You had your own business in the industry and now that you're out of it you want to belittle it? Doesn't that make you a bit of a "crook"?

Yes I had my own business in this industry.  My comment about "this" industry is the competition side.  The reason why I kept my mouth shut before is that I often dated girls that competed.  It wasn't fair for me to voice the truth and have it hurt them and hteir placings.  So while I appreciate your attempt to take my comments out of context, you know what I'm saying is true.  I used my influence in this industry to help people in the past.  That is why I call this crooked, because I've done it. 

The Arnold is by invite only and who gets invited is ultimately up to Jim Lormier. I asked about why Jen Hartley was invited to the Arnold and was told that came directly from Jim Lormier. 2 years later, what difference does it make? Many competitors come and go, very few stick around for the long haul.

Because it's an example of how even on the highest level things aren't fair.  She was let in as a favor.  I know who asked and I know why she was let in.  I can't believe of ALL people that you don't see the competition side of things as crooked.  Then again, you're still involved and can't piss off the "wrong" people.  I know what that feels like

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2007, 01:43:50 PM »
First of all, I said she looked like a Cow for a Show. I think my wife looks Great in General. However, when I look bad I expect the Truth. If I call someone a name, it's all in Fun!!! However, they get the point. I get called worse sometimes, so you don't have to feel sorry for Alexis, my Clients or Me. We can all take it!!!! I think your missing the point. I have a reputation for holding no Punches, some people could consider some of the things I do and say as disrespectful!!! I can live with that. All the women and clients that I train have my admiration and respect!!! My actions prove that. However, I believe in "tough love". Not everyone responds well to having there ego constantly Stroked!!! Yes, all the Pro Women athletes are amazing, they just don't need to be told that all the time, especially when it is not appropriate. I do not have what it takes to be a pro Athlete, However, I do have what it takes to train them.
I concur. If Alexis is happy being called a cow, and also having her husband tell the world - cool...and I do not meant that snidely, I am serious, if that is cool by her great - but for me, I would simply not accept that and if Alexis is a cow, my god, I am a super whale as her level of conditioning makes me look obese.

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2007, 01:54:37 PM »
by the way "Lift Studio". I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. There is a reason why I can take a overweight person and make them look amazing!!!! I can be Mean, Rude, Hard, disrespectful, but I get results. My way of motivating people and training is NOT for everyone. I can be a complete Asshole!!!!. However, ask my wife, Clients or anyone else who has ever been trained by me. I put my heart and Soul into everyone I train. My family, friends, clients and wife are very loyal to me for a reason. NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THE TRUTH!!! NO MATTER HOW MUCH HONEY AND SUGAR YOU PUT ON IT!!!!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2007, 01:57:26 PM »
First of all, I said she looked like a Cow for a Show. I think my wife looks Great in General. However, when I look bad I expect the Truth. If I call someone a name, it's all in Fun!!! However, they get the point. I get called worse sometimes, so you don't have to feel sorry for Alexis, my Clients or Me. We can all take it!!!! I think your missing the point. I have a reputation for holding no Punches, some people could consider some of the things I do and say as disrespectful!!! I can live with that. All the women and clients that I train have my admiration and respect!!! My actions prove that. However, I believe in "tough love". Not everyone responds well to having there ego constantly Stroked!!! Yes, all the Pro Women athletes are amazing, they just don't need to be told that all the time, especially when it is not appropriate. I do not have what it takes to be a pro Athlete, However, I do have what it takes to train them.

Like I said, if Alexis is cool with that cool, that's great for you guys - I merely said I would not personally accept it. Before I got into this game, I was 200lbs+, and my 1st husband never once called me a "cow" despite the fact that I totally was [;D]. It's all personal preference, but for me I would simply find it unacceptable. But again I will say - if you guys are cool with it that's all that matters, but I was just giving my opinion.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2007, 02:05:04 PM »
by the way "Lift Studio". I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. There is a reason why I can take a overweight person and make them look amazing!!!! I can be Mean, Rude, Hard, disrespectful, but I get results. My way of motivating people and training is NOT for everyone. I can be a complete Asshole!!!!. However, ask my wife, Clients or anyone else who has ever been trained by me. I put my heart and Soul into everyone I train. My family, friends, clients and wife are very loyal to me for a reason. NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THE TRUTH!!! NO MATTER HOW MUCH HONEY AND SUGAR YOU PUT ON IT!!!!
That's great mang whatever floats your boat. Different people respond to different things. It's one thing if it's a client, I'd think it would be a little different with one's spouse. Like CQ said, if that works for you, cool. I'd have a little more respect for my wife than to call her a "cow" but if that works for you two, so be it.
Elevate Your Image.™

FitMandy

• Pros
  • Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2007, 02:35:13 PM »
I had a great time with my roomie Claire Parmley who definitely got over looked in Fig.
And I want to give a shout out to Mandy Polk who I had a great time hanging out with after the show & in the airport. Your a very sweet girl and I wish you a speedy recovery on your hamstring!

Thanks Lorie!  I had so much fun with you after the show and stealing bagels in the airport.  Well, not really stealing, we DID pay for them, right?  ;D  You looked great and I can't wait to see you again and hopefully compete with you next year. 

Claire Parmley looked amazing as well.  I was really disappointed she didn't get a better callout.

Julie was fabulous and had a fun routine.  I enjoyed talking to she and her husband, they're great people. 

Congratulations to everyone who qualified for the O and to all the competitors for showing up and doing their best!