Author Topic: Atlantic City Pro Women's updates / results  (Read 25654 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Atlantic City Pro Women's updates / results
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »
Then again, you're still involved and can't piss off the "wrong" people. 

Lift definitely lacks balls integrity as far as that's concerned - you are 100% correct there, 1Fast. 

That being said, Lift does bring some talent to the table with respect to his web design and photography skills, but when it comes to offering an objective view of anything in the industry, his opinions are anything but (objective). 

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2007, 03:10:52 PM »
i just want some fit gourmet oatmeal

FitMandy

• Pros
  • Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2007, 03:52:05 PM »
I love you Tre!!!!!   :-*

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2007, 04:07:07 PM »
Lift definitely lacks balls integrity as far as that's concerned - you are 100% correct there, 1Fast. 

That being said, Lift does bring some talent to the table with respect to his web design and photography skills, but when it comes to offering an objective view of anything in the industry, his opinions are anything but (objective). 
I lack integrity by not bashing on an industry that helps pay my bills?  ::) The same industry that you make money at mind you, Tre. If it weren't for the IFBB/NPC where would you find all your schmoe material?

Mike do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on when it comes to you sounding off now? I agree with you about having fun when it comes to competing but for you to spout off now, what are you trying to prove? You didn't have the balls to say it when you're girlfriend was competing at the Arnold because of you, oh wait you didn't want to hurt her placings that's why.  ::)

For anyone complain about "politics" is a load of shit. The same politics one wins by are the same ones they loose by. Politics are involved in most everything in life. This is the same story every year around this time that people complain about. WAAAAAAAAAAAA  :'(
Elevate Your Image.™

Claire Parmley

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2007, 04:42:28 PM »
Yes, Sandra we missed you!!  :-*
Well, I HAD FUN!!! I just go to dance on stage and eat trail mix back stage!!  ;)
Hehehehe!!
Congrats everyone! Bethany looked great ans deserved the Q for the "O"
Julie I think you have a great chance of cracking the top 6 at the "O"
Keep up the great work and the great attitude!
I had a great time with my roomie Claire Parmley who definitely got over looked in Fig.
And I want to give a shout out to Mandy Polk who I had a great time hanging out with after the show & in the airport. Your a very sweet girl and I wish you a speedy recovery on your hamstring!

God bless everyone!
Lorie
Hey Lorie!
I had a blast roomie!  Thanks for the kind message...you looked awesome, too!  Let's have more fun at West Palm! 
Congratulations to all the girls! 
Congrats to Heather on her first pro show...way to go to get that O qualification so quickly!  You were super sweet backstage.  I hope us Georgia girls can hang out together sometime soon!

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2007, 04:49:44 PM »
I lack integrity by not bashing on an industry that helps pay my bills?   The same industry that you make money at mind you, Tre. If it weren't for the IFBB/NPC where would you find all your schmoe material?

I don't think either of you are really doing it for the money.  Issac, you provide a great service for a lot of people.  I'd say it's a pretty thankless job, given the amount of time and effort you put into it vs the pay you get.  You obviously do it because you love the sport, not for money.  There is nothing wrong with that.  

Mike do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on when it comes to you sounding off now?

Not at all.  I just want people to quit turning a blind eye to what is right in front of them.

I agree with you about having fun when it comes to competing but for you to spout off now, what are you trying to prove? You didn't have the balls to say it when you're girlfriend was competing at the Arnold because of you, oh wait you didn't want to hurt her placings that's why.

Well, like usual, you go off spouting as if you know what you're talking about when you don't.  I wasn't dating her when she competed at the Arnold.  We hadn't been dating for 6 months.  I'm not trying to PROVE anything issac.  I don't have a dog in this fight, unlike you.  That is why I can be truthfull about the things in this industry, unlike you.  You are right, I didn't upset the waters, because competing is a game.  A game I was in a position to play.  What do you tell someone who doesn't know a single person in this industry that goes to compete?  Oh I'm sorry, you just don't know/pay the right people?  Issac, you come off as an IFBB puppet if you disagree with any of this.  We all know that money gets shoved into people's pockets and favors get traded out all the time.  I put over 75k dollars in the IFBB's pocket putting on the charlotte pro, you think if I wanted someone to place a little higher it couldn't be done?  How about an IFBB pro coming to me telling me that if I gave him a good deal on raw materials he could put anyone I wanted in the top 3?  How was he able to do that?  Simple, he had dinner with two judges that night, I saw it.  I thought he was bs'ing, at the time I was single but had a friend in the show.  What do you know, she got in the top 3.  I saw a sheet of paper with numbers written on it as to who needed to be placed near the top.  He didn't ask me her name, he didn't care.  He just wanted her suit number.  

See these are things you only hear about issac, I experienced them.  Does it happen at every show, of course not, but it does happen.  I would give anything for these competitions to be 100% fair, as they are so much fun to watch.    

For anyone complain about "politics" is a load of shit. The same politics one wins by are the same ones they loose by. Politics are involved in most everything in life. This is the same story every year around this time that people complain about. WAAAAAAAAAAAA

It isn't a load of shit.  Some people can't play the politics.  There are tons of people that compete that don't know anyone, they can't play the game.  It's only fair when everyone is on the same level and everyone can play by the same rules.  I never once asked for anyone to be placed anywhere.  Things were offered to me because I was in a position to give back.  

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2007, 06:37:26 PM »
Well personally I absolutely love the input of Tre, 1Fast400 and Lift. No disrespect intendend, but without those 3's input this board would basically be a boring graveyard with just threads of people spamming their sites/services and blatantly politically correct posts from girls. Like them all or not - those guys keep this board interesting - so thanks to them.

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2007, 09:40:22 PM »
Thank you so much for taking the time to make a post regarding me.  You've been a true ego booster!   ;D
I must say that this show was the FIRST to upset me regarding the placings.  I have always competed b/c I love it and it is so much fun meeting most of these girls.  I usually just grin and bear it no matter where I place...and then take the motivation from placing last to push me even harder until the next show.  As long as I come in looking better at the next show, I don't get too upset with how I place.  However, 3 shows in a row...placing DEAD LAST...well, it hurts a LITTLE.  No worries though.  I am still going to show up at the West Palm in 4 weeks in, ONCE AGAIN, better shape.   So...time to get to work.....
Thanks again for your kind comments and motivation FigureRX!

I think it was a crime placing you last. You look outstanding, and you are a class act!

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »
Well personally I absolutely love the input of Tre, 1Fast400 and Lift. No disrespect intendend, but without those 3's input this board would basically be a boring graveyard with just threads of people spamming their sites/services and blatantly politically correct posts from girls. Like them all or not - those guys keep this board interesting - so thanks to them.

totally agree

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2007, 10:10:01 PM »
I'm craving that mongolian beef I had with you in vegas a few weeks ago.  I got 8 more weeks of dieting though :(

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2007, 10:14:40 PM »
I'm craving that mongolian beef I had with you in vegas a few weeks ago.  I got 8 more weeks of dieting though :(

too bad you had ur date... i could have given you other cravings ya know

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2007, 01:51:07 AM »
First

Second

Seventh

Looking at those 3 photos, easy to see who has the best mid section, shoulders, symmetry, skin tone, face......even the best suit!

Correct me if im wrong but isnt that how Figure is judged?!?!?
Talk about the competition being crooked. I think the judges need glasses.

::)

Tough luck Jelena, u easily deserved Top 3
By going what i see there, you could def give the Olympia girls a run for their money!

myspace.com/marc_thyssen

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2007, 02:30:42 AM »
Ha ha, well Marc you did pick the two most unflattering photos of the first two athletes.  Heather deserves to be up there, she's much more symmetrical than she appears to be in that picture.  ::) As you know we picked Jelena to win in Atlantic City but unfortunately the conditioning in her upper legs wasn't where we would have liked to see it.  So I can definitely see the reasoning behind her placing.

We'll just keep plugging along until we can make the figure judging be about the things that matter, and I suggest that others do as well - it's about shape, mass, symmetry, beauty, small joints, bling, you know the drill ... and then the conditioning and the thin skin without holding water that makes *all* the desirable qualities most visible.  All of the above attributes can be found in figure athletes with a lot of muscle or with less muscle, and that's a good thing and both physique types should be rewarded - we have absolutely no problem with seeing athletes with a lot of muscle standing next to smaller athletes in the same top five, that is within the judging criteria.  It's the penalty for conditioning that we disagree with - and that seems to change over time.  The second thing that is maddening is this notion that the physiques on stage need to be attainable to average people ... the idea that if Jane Doe sees herself winning in her mind then show entries will increase and more of the money that should go to athletes (the people who do the *real* work) will end up in other hands.  That's sad, no other sport tries to make their success more attainable by lowering qualifications.  I would love to see a trend where we award excellent physiques at all levels, and believe me there are a lot of people who we are tracking who haven't even hit a local figure stage yet but who have *huge* potential.

I still think that athletes can come out of nowhere with the best physique and win shows without having any politics involved - in fact it happened many, many times already this year.  I know several figure athletes who won their class and turned pro this year without one stitch of politics on their side.  Every now and then you see something that is obviously political and that makes no sense, like a couple of the height classes at the 2006 Junior Nationals, or the really bad results at the 2007 Europa Pro.  But the whole situation is not nearly as dramatically bad as people make it out to be.

Stephen
Team FigureRX

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2007, 02:42:45 AM »
Those pics do tell a story huh!

Lets have another look....are upper legs more important than a smaller waist? better skin tone? face? shoulders? suit?

Upper legs conditioning aside, in every other aspect, Jelena has the other two girls measure and then some!
Heather looks good, but Jelena has a better V taper, better skin tone, prettier face, even better knees...geez

:o
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2007, 07:10:41 AM »
and believe me there are a lot of people who we are tracking who haven't even hit a local figure stage yet but who have *huge* potential.

What do they get for this huge potential?  Suits that cost 1000 bucks, countless "expenses" associated with getting on stage and you get to piss your spouse off for 12 weeks haha.  Any girl I see attempting to compete in the NPC route, that actually has an attractive face, I discourage.  I tell them to try real modeling, at least they might get paid and won't have to kill themselves.  We all know stepping on a stage puts a lot of stress on the body.  Not to mention the drugs that are so commonly used these days.  This is the problem when you have people with below average genetics trying to compete with a select few that can do it naturally (VERY few).  There is a reason I don't do bodybuilding shows, I don't have the frame for it.  If I were going to, I'd have to juice up big time.  I'll stick to hanging around 170ish pounds and staying lean, but I'm 6' tall. 

You are right, there are a lot of shows that don't have the political impact that others do.  However, that doesn't mean the judging panel did a good job when they judged.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2007, 07:56:21 AM »
Looking at those 3 photos, easy to see who has the best mid section, shoulders, symmetry, skin tone, face......even the best suit!

Correct me if im wrong but isnt that how Figure is judged?!?!?
Talk about the competition being crooked. I think the judges need glasses.

Tough luck Jelena, u easily deserved Top 3
By going what i see there, you could def give the Olympia girls a run for their money!
Do you enjoy talking out of your ass? I'll correct you, no that's not how figure is judged. It's not an abs and shoulders contest combined with symmetry, skin tone, pretty face and a nice suit. There are a few other body parts you left out. Why don't you take a look at the back shots. It's much more telling of who is a more deserved winner. 99% of the women on stage look great from the front and the model pose as you posted. Turn them around and you'll see a much different story on many of them.

There is no disputing Jelena is a beautiful woman. She's already accomplished more than most of the women on the figure stage ever will in terms of magazine covers, tv commercials and exposure. Jelena will continue to have success in her modeling career because of her curvy body and pretty face. However, her genetics will never allow her to give the "Olympia girls a run for their mone"y as you put it. That's reality. Which goes back to competing because you enjoy it and have fun with it.

At the end of the day any of these women are turning heads left and right in their every day lives. When you put your self worth into your placing in a subjective competition, you'll never be happy.

Elevate Your Image.™

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2007, 08:22:40 AM »
There is no disputing Jelena is a beautiful woman. She's already accomplished more than most of the women on the figure stage ever will in terms of magazine covers, tv commercials and exposure. Jelena will continue to have success in her modeling career because of her curvy body and pretty face.

That's the problem, figure was CREATED under the premise that those type of women would win.  To me, the irony that a woman has actually accomplished so much outside of Figure, ends up placing way back, is funny.  Most women would die to be on covers, commercials and so on.  Isn't that the LOOK they should want in figure.  You know, one that actually is desirable by mainstream?

Lets face it, you show any average person a picture of someone on stage and they freak out.  Figure shouldn't be that way IMO.

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2007, 09:02:25 AM »
That's the problem, figure was CREATED under the premise that those type of women would win. 

NO... Figure was created as an avenue for Fitness girls (with little skill but great structure) to keep competing without almost killing themselves trying to do routines they were not skilled enough to perform.  And now today there are girls competing who only dreamed about it before because they knew they lacked the gymnastic skills to step on stage.

Because Figure is part of the overall Bodybuilding and Fitness show it only makes sense that the competitors would have a harder more muscular look.  It was expected that Figure would resemble the prime years of female bodybuilding when Rachel and Cory were physique stars, but in a slightly softer form... and I believe it has achieved that.

What you are referring to does exist... it is called Hawaiian Tropic!!!

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
NO... Figure was created as an avenue for Fitness girls (with little skill but great structure) to keep competing without almost killing themselves trying to do routines they were not skilled enough to perform.  And now today there are girls competing who only dreamed about it before because they knew they lacked the gymnastic skills to step on stage.

So instead of having girls hurt themselves attempting a routine, we have them pumping themselves full of drugs, much better.  You still have the same issue.  A girl starts out natural and does decent on the local level.  Then she gets beat on the state level, which begins her route into drugs.  If you don't think drugs are everywhere in figure, then someone please explain the massive backne see on national level shows.  Team U was horrible and that's a drug tested show!  Girls who don't have the genetics to achieve what VERY few girls can will find the short cuts needed to get there.  I think some girls confuse clen with smarties with the way they take them.  Anavar, winny, clen, t3 and aldactone are all things VERY commonly found on this level.  Just go grab some pictures of these girls 4-5 years before they made it.  Amazing how bone structure changes. 

Because Figure is part of the overall Bodybuilding and Fitness show it only makes sense that the competitors would have a harder more muscular look.  It was expected that Figure would resemble the prime years of female bodybuilding when Rachel and Cory were physique stars, but in a slightly softer form... and I believe it has achieved that.  What you are referring to does exist... it is called Hawaiian Tropic!!!

Take any girl that was on stage at this show and put them on stage when they were 4-5 weeks out.  That is the look that needs to be accepted.  Girls won't have to kill themselves, it will be FAR from a hawaiian tropic contest and you're still putting girls who are in excellent shape on stage.  Figure on the pro level has gone way to extreme.  That's why this sport, on ALL levels has ZERO fan base.  The only way promotors make money these day is by putting an NPC show with a pro show.  Nobody comes to watch pro's.  Families/friends come to watch the npc stuff and that saves it.  The NPC knows that to, which is why they charge an ungodly admission price to come see it.  They know families will pay for it. 

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »
So instead of having girls hurt themselves attempting a routine, we have them pumping themselves full of drugs, much better.  You still have the same issue.  A girl starts out natural and does decent on the local level.  Then she gets beat on the state level, which begins her route into drugs.  If you don't think drugs are everywhere in figure, then someone please explain the massive backne see on national level shows.  Team U was horrible and that's a drug tested show!  Girls who don't have the genetics to achieve what VERY few girls can will find the short cuts needed to get there.  I think some girls confuse clen with smarties with the way they take them.  Anavar, winny, clen, t3 and aldactone are all things VERY commonly found on this level.  Just go grab some pictures of these girls 4-5 years before they made it.  Amazing how bone structure changes. 

Well first off usage is the same in Fitness and Figure... AAS use is probably slightly higher in Fitness, and diuretic usage is probably equal in both.  So your statement about "instead of having girls..." is stupid, because there is a 99% chance they already were anyway.

As far as usage goes... it is just like any other goal in a persons life and how much they want it, and what they are willing to do to get it.  I have seen genetically gifted girls succeed without them, and I have seen girls who want it so bad they are willing to take whatever it takes to get it... and yes the latter group usually ends up screwed up for life (thyroid mostly). 

I do however put a lot of the blame on wanna-be trainers out there who don't know enough about diet and nutrition and training... and they resort to putting their clients on AAS programs.  It may have started innocent with just popping a diuretic the night before... but then the results are seen and it spirals from there.

Take any girl that was on stage at this show and put them on stage when they were 4-5 weeks out.  That is the look that needs to be accepted.  Girls won't have to kill themselves, it will be FAR from a hawaiian tropic contest and you're still putting girls who are in excellent shape on stage.  Figure on the pro level has gone way to extreme.  That's why this sport, on ALL levels has ZERO fan base.  The only way promotors make money these day is by putting an NPC show with a pro show.  Nobody comes to watch pro's.  Families/friends come to watch the npc stuff and that saves it.  The NPC knows that to, which is why they charge an ungodly admission price to come see it.  They know families will pay for it. 

That is just the natural progression of things... in NASCAR every year cars go faster, in bodybuilding every year guys get bigger, in women's bodybuilding things really went out of control so I won't go there... but you get my point.  What starts out one way... keeps progressing and evolving... hopefully Figure doesn't evolve into something grotesque.

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2007, 10:16:26 AM »
Okay 1Fast400, you have plenty of federations and organizations out there that adhere to your standards of supplementation, physique, etc.  This has become a completely different topic regarding the direction of the sport, it is no longer about judging.  May I suggest you familiarize yourself with one of the other federations?  I can't watch their figure and fitness shows because there's not enough muscle, the majority of the athletes carry too much body fat and look way too average to be impressive.  The NPC (and to a lesser extent, the IFBB) is about achieving physique excellence.  To me it is very similar to bodybuilding but with different physique goals, and those who don't agree with doing what it takes to strive for that "perfection," that total package, have many of other places to compete.   

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2007, 10:45:26 AM »

I'm a little behind on my reading here, but just so there's no argument about one important point - Scooby is 100% correct about the true origin of IFBB/NPC figure competitions.  The only difference between fitness and figure was that figure had no routines.

Looking at some of the judging decisions over the years, one might argue that figure has evolved from its early days, but in the beginning, the plan was for the figure physiques to be just as muscular, symmetrical, and conditioned as those in fitness. 

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2007, 12:12:38 PM »

**yawn**

Nobody has yet to point out in the pictures i put up how Jelena comes Seventh and the other 2 girls come First & Second

Show those photos to 99% of people out there, and u clearly have one winner. Dont they wanna bring Figure to the masses after all!

Talk about Crapola!
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2007, 12:26:27 PM »
**yawn**

Nobody has yet to point out in the pictures i put up how Jelena comes Seventh and the other 2 girls come First & Second

Show those photos to 99% of people out there, and u clearly have one winner. Dont they wanna bring Figure to the masses after all!

Talk about Crapola!
Hell why don't we just judge the competitions by photos, from the front, in model poses? Whoever has the best model pose in the photo wins.

Elevate Your Image.™

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2007, 12:35:35 PM »

Well mate as we say back in Oz...

Do yourself a favour & pull out that finger from your backside, take a look at some rear shots which you deem so important and prove me wrong champ!

;D
myspace.com/marc_thyssen