Author Topic: 500g of protein is hard to reach...  (Read 6568 times)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
500g of protein is hard to reach...
« on: September 15, 2007, 06:41:38 AM »
Very hard, very expensive, very time consuming.  Post your diets where you are getting 2g per pound of body weight.
you are gay.

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: 500g of protein is hard to reach...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 06:45:19 AM »
Very hard, very expensive, very time consuming.  Post your diets where you are getting 2g per pound of body weight.
No its not. Just eat a cup of egg whites and protien shake for every meal and don't get any carbs. You are looking at about 80 grams per meal.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 06:47:42 AM »
this is as close as I've gotten...

3 shakes a day 3scoops each... 225
2lbs of steak...15 grams per 4oz... 120
10 hard boiled eggs @7 grams each....70
a can of tuna... 32

I don't eat that much anymore unless I start to see recovery issues or signs of over training where there once wasn't to help bring things back up to par..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 06:49:52 AM »
I though the body couldn't use anything more than 200 grams in a day? 500 grams damn

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 06:51:25 AM »
Good thread, id like to hear more about this, and its not very hard to reach 500gr of protein a day.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 06:56:24 AM »
I though the body couldn't use anything more than 200 grams in a day? 500 grams damn

Depends on the person, and if the body is anabolic or not.  If not you beating your head against the wall and putting you kidneys in the "Crippler Crossface".  - Sorry Chris Benoit..rip.

On a side note I throw carbs in with my shakes, mix it with Fruit Punch to get some quick that will burn off fast, and usually use carbs like brown rice and sweet potatoes with my solid meals. 

Just gotta find out what works best for you.  If I go low or no carbs, I actually lose weight. 

Edit: When trying to increase your protein do it in a gradual progression, it is hard to do.  Just like dieting down, most quit before they hit their goal.  Aim for 1g per pound, then 1.25g per pound etc.... this will make it comfortable and get your body used to bigger portion sizes. 

Once in the 400g/day range You may find yourself drinking protein shakes with meals too.
\

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 07:00:57 AM »
lol i find these kind of statements hilarious.

jackass...

you dont think it depends on the size of the person?

Ronnie Coleman at 300 pounds might have higher protein needs than say joe shmoe at 150 pounds?

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 07:10:55 AM »

I sell protein.

You don't need that much (500g, irrespective of what you weigh).
w

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 07:23:34 AM »
I sell protein.

Am i supposed to believe you.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 07:24:24 AM »
It can if you aren't getting any carbohydrates and your body is running off of the protien.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 07:25:54 AM »
I sell protein.

You don't need that much (500g, irrespective of what you weigh).

Thats what I read  ???

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 07:32:28 AM »
IMO,

500g is WAY overboard... even for a pro.

talk about taking a toll on the kidneys...  :-X

i would rather replace those calories with complex carbs and healthy fats

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 07:33:37 AM »

bullshit. no one needs 2g protein per pound of bw.

not even a pro bodybuilder who is dieting hard.

also been seeing lots of threads about amount of needed amounts of carbs, amounts of needed protein bla bla bla...and the scary thing is that most of the posts are absolute bullshit and are perpetuating old myths and just full of ignorance.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 07:38:41 AM »
IMO,

500g is WAY overboard... even for a pro.

talk about taking a toll on the kidneys...  :-X

i would rather replace those calories with complex carbs and healthy fats

I agree ! Great post ! Too much Protein is toxic to your Kidneys ... just throw in a lot of Healthy Fats and you'll be good to go !  ;)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 07:41:13 AM »
your kidding right?

protein need is relative to bw and if your trying to add muscle or not.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 07:43:12 AM »
Depends on the person, and if the body is anabolic or not.  If not you beating your head against the wall and putting you kidneys in the "Crippler Crossface".  - Sorry Chris Benoit..rip.

On a side note I throw carbs in with my shakes, mix it with Fruit Punch to get some quick that will burn off fast, and usually use carbs like brown rice and sweet potatoes with my solid meals. 

Just gotta find out what works best for you.  If I go low or no carbs, I actually lose weight. 

Edit: When trying to increase your protein do it in a gradual progression, it is hard to do.  Just like dieting down, most quit before they hit their goal.  Aim for 1g per pound, then 1.25g per pound etc.... this will make it comfortable and get your body used to bigger portion sizes. 

Once in the 400g/day range You may find yourself drinking protein shakes with meals too.

if you loose weight its because your eating less calories than you use per day. simple as that. for example:

if you ate 300g of protein and 1000g fat per day and zero carbs you would not loose any weight..infact you would become an obese pig.

its not a matter of what works for you. its a basic thermodynamic premise. which cant be circumvented if your not using toxic drugs that induce your body to become a furnace.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 07:50:33 AM »
if you loose weight its because your eating less calories than you use per day. simple as that. for example:

if you ate 300g of protein and 1000g fat per day and zero carbs you would not loose any weight..infact you would become an obese pig.

its not a matter of what works for you. its a basic thermodynamic premise. which cant be circumvented if your not using toxic drugs that induce your body to become a furnace.

What toxic drugs are you talking about?  Are you saying what works for one person will work for everyone?
\

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 07:53:09 AM »
Good thread, id like to hear more about this, and its not very hard to reach 500gr of protein a day.

500gr is very hard to reach.  Honestly try and do it for a week.  Them tell me it's easy. 

Stavios

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
500gr is very hard to reach.  Honestly try and do it for a week.  Them tell me it's easy. 

with shakes it's too easy

with only real food I'd puke that shit out in a hurry

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 07:56:35 AM »

i never counted my intake but there was a period when i took loads of protein and my sweat was smelling as ammonia, a sign i was taking too much protein or too less carbs and the last wasnt the case.

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 07:57:16 AM »
i never counted my intake but there was a period when i took loads of protein and my sweat was smelling as ammonia, a sign i was taking too much protein or too less carbs and the last wasnt the case.

maybe you just like to smell like ammonia

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 07:59:45 AM »
with shakes it's too easy

with only real food I'd puke that shit out in a hurry

500gr?? Has to be great on the kidneys.  When I've done close to that all I did was shit all damn day.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 08:03:11 AM »
What toxic drugs are you talking about?  Are you saying what works for one person will work for everyone?

DNP of example, should not be used by ANYONE. as for second question: yes!! if your talking about calories in vs calories out that is. you need to be in a caloric surplus to gain muscle and vice versa. (unless your a total newbie..a newbie can sometimes somehow, dont know how, add muscle and loose fat for a short period of time)

sometimes the bullshit about everyone is different is taken too far....people are actually alot more like than different. it not like we are talking about pigs and elephants.

i read several of your posts about nutrition dballn..and i have found some mistakes. but i dont have the time to comment on everything right now.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 08:17:12 AM »
DNP of example, should not be used by ANYONE. as for second question: yes!! if your talking about calories in vs calories out that is. you need to be in a caloric surplus to gain muscle and vice versa. (unless your a total newbie..a newbie can sometimes somehow, dont know how, add muscle and loose fat for a short period of time)

sometimes the bullshit about everyone is different is taken too far....people are actually alot more like than different. it not like we are talking about pigs and elephants.

i read several of your posts about nutrition dballn..and i have found some mistakes. but i dont have the time to comment on everything right now.

Well then, I agree to disagree to some extent, as I do agree with you on some things.  It is not like I am trying to start some Adonis principals or something like that.  I think many take the Total Calories theory to far. 

For me carbs work better as an energy source.  Some prefer fats.  I like that I can manipulate my weight better by carbs, using fastburning and slow burning carbs.  That is all, there are several roads that will lead you to the destination, the road I take, is different than the road you take. 

Peace out. 8)
\

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 08:45:51 AM »

That is 2 g per kilogram (1000g) of your lean BW, not per pound. You shouldn't mix metric units to that nonsense which you are using out there, but anyway; one pound is about 0.454kg so you could calculate it from that. And it is from lean body weight, so first you have to know you body fat %, and take it out from calculation. 2g per 1kg means 200g for a guy whose "dry" weight is 100kg, and that isn't so much for one day. Some egg whites, some chicken breast, some red meat etc.