Author Topic: Gay Rights Activists Call For Ja Rule Media Ban  (Read 968 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Gay Rights Activists Call For Ja Rule Media Ban
« on: September 17, 2007, 07:07:04 AM »
Gay rights activists are urging the media to issue a ban on rap star Ja Rule - after he launched a foul-mouthed tirade accusing the gay and lesbian community of "f---ing up America."

Speaking in a interview with Complex magazine earlier this week, the star criticized U.S. TV networks for "promoting homosexuality" - and insisted children should not be exposed to images of gay couples.

He said, "Lets talk about all these f---ing shows that they have on MTV that is promoting homosexuality, that my kids can't watch this s--t. Dating shows that's showing two guys or two girls in mid-afternoon. Let's talk about s--t like that! If that's not f---ing up America, I don't know what is."

And now the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is encouraging media outlets to stop giving Ja Rule press coverage as a result of his remarks.

A statement posted on GLAAD's website reads, "No fair-minded person can look at Ja Rule's interview with Complex magazine and believe for one second that his children could be more harmed by what they might see on television than by the vulgarity and prejudice that comes out of their father's mouth. Now that media have seen Ja Rule's intolerance unmasked by his own words, they have a responsibility not to provide in the future a platform for his ugly, vulgar displays of prejudice."
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Gay Rights Activists Call For Ja Rule Media Ban
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:09:38 AM »
I read the interview. He just thinks its sick that MTV has two guys making out in the middle of the day. I agree with him.
E

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 08:05:27 AM »

Speaking in a interview with Complex magazine earlier this week, the star criticized U.S. TV networks for "promoting homosexuality" - and insisted children should not be exposed to images of gay couples.

He said, "Lets talk about all these f---ing shows that they have on MTV that is promoting homosexuality, that my kids can't watch this s--t. Dating shows that's showing two guys or two girls in mid-afternoon. Let's talk about s--t like that! If that's not f---ing up America, I don't know what is."

Personally i don't think children should be exposed to black people on TV. It makes them think tracksuits are fashionable and tacky jewellry is cool.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:42:30 AM »
i think its safe to stop them from watching mtv alltogether
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 11:43:30 AM »
i think its safe to stop them from watching mtv alltogether

Are you going to stop watching the Hills? I didn't think so :P
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 11:44:52 AM »
tv series and movies should be ranked in order children should watch them

beverly hills 90210
melrose place
cobra
etc
 8)
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »
tv series and movies should be ranked in order children should watch them

beverly hills 90210
melrose place
cobra
etc
 8)
I am not sure what you are talking about, but great list!
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 12:38:35 PM »
well basically mtv is off limits for kids

and there should be a list of what theyre allowed to see

Z