Author Topic: Even more volume!!! Bluto's new gym madness! 7 days a week, twice a day!  (Read 2489 times)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Re: Even more volume!!! Bluto's new gym madness! 7 days a week, twice a day!
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 06:54:31 AM »
Bluto,

With all due respect... if your training isn't painful and strenuous, you're doing it wrong.

The Luke

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 08:22:23 AM »
Bluto,

With all due respect... if your training isn't painful and strenuous, you're doing it wrong.

The Luke

no pain no gain eh? next time you watch me at the gym (you must've since you know so much) come forward and say hi  :)
Z

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 02:09:48 PM »
I tried the super high volume thing a couple of times back when I was a teenager...

The result:
1st time... pneumonia and bronchial congestion (two weeks into Super HVT)
2nd time... shingles (three weeks into Super HVT)
3rd time... pneumonia (five weeks into Super HVT)

...luckily I discovered HIT aged sixteen and now I'm big and strong.

The point is that I was training hard enough to suppress my immune system (and I have a robust constitution) with 7 sessions a week... you mustn't even be breaking a sweat if you can handle 14 sessions a week.

The Luke

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »
I tried the super high volume thing a couple of times back when I was a teenager...

The result:
1st time... pneumonia and bronchial congestion (two weeks into Super HVT)
2nd time... shingles (three weeks into Super HVT)
3rd time... pneumonia (five weeks into Super HVT)

...luckily I discovered HIT aged sixteen and now I'm big and strong.

The point is that I was training hard enough to suppress my immune system (and I have a robust constitution) with 7 sessions a week... you mustn't even be breaking a sweat if you can handle 14 sessions a week.

The Luke

how i will handle it remains to be seen! i probably could stick with it for 8 weeks or so before changing things up.
keep in mind, i rarely go to failure, and a use a limited no of exercises. twice a day sounds more than it is - it's basically splitting legs for one workout for quads, one for hams. or back first, chest later. rather than doing back followed by chest on the same workout when you allready spent most of the energy.
Z

Master Blaster

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 02:31:50 PM »
how i will handle it remains to be seen! i probably could stick with it for 8 weeks or so before changing things up.
keep in mind, i rarely go to failure, and a use a limited no of exercises. twice a day sounds more than it is - it's basically splitting legs for one workout for quads, one for hams. or back first, chest later. rather than doing back followed by chest on the same workout when you allready spent most of the energy.

Right, consider it an eight week "cycle" and then switch to something else for a few weeks. It could be an excuse to nosh on pizza and ice cream!! ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 02:38:06 PM »
yeah or just a good time for a vacation  :)

screwing with the immune system is always hard, but then there can be so many reasons for getting sick, i usually get a cold once a year no matter what i do.
Z