Author Topic: Melvin Anthony says he can beat Dexter  (Read 5118 times)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Melvin Anthony says he can beat Dexter
« on: September 18, 2007, 05:33:50 PM »
“I put myself in position to win every show, including the Mr. Olympia. This year, my focus is to take myself from fifth, where I was last year, to the top three, and the way to do that is to take out guys who beat me last year. Specifically, that means Dexter Jackson. This year, it will be more obvious that I should do that. Bodybuilding is about comparisons pose-to-pose, and my package will be better from top to bottom. If you have five poses that you’re winning out of the eight, you beat that guy, and I beat Dexter in a lot of shots. I beat him in the rear lat spread, front lat spread, rear double biceps, and we’re pretty even in the side chest, so I think I should push past him this time. I think the only way he beat me last year was because his glutes were a little more striated.

Melvin shows up with a smooth ass at every single contest, he shouldn't even be trying to compare himself to Dexter

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Re: Melvin Anthony says he can beat Dexter
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 05:35:02 PM »
bla bla bla  Typical crap talk that goes on all the time. ::)  For once I wish these guys would just shut up and not say a word and let their physiques do the talking for them.

Bastygone

• Getbig II
  • my wang
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:40:45 PM »
Smooth ass...you sound dissapointed  :-X

Riddick

• Getbig II
  • There's no guarantee that you'll see the next day!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 05:50:20 PM »
Melvin should be more devastated that little David Henry beat him! JOJ is a good bodybuilder. Not better than Melvin in my opinion, but getting beat by Henry ought to tell you that your conditioning was OFF.

Melvin, instead of focusing on Dexter (who clearly beat you last time and every time out), focus on NOT losing to David "bantamweight" Henry, Quincy "I look better than the world-including Freeman" Taylor, and Johnny "G4P is ok" Jackson.

Hope this helps.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 05:51:47 PM »
he looked good lately but hes saving that 99% for the olympia, hr really has the physique of a real bber along with Dex.

Riddick

• Getbig II
  • There's no guarantee that you'll see the next day!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 05:58:55 PM »
See the thing is about "saving yourself" for a show, you show up looking subpar and people WILL remember that. Plus, you take a chance [like he did] of losing to guys that you normally wipe the floor with.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 06:02:07 PM »
Melvin thinks he can beat Dexter ? I'm sorry, but not on this Planet ... maybe on Nepture or something. It's a GIVEN that Dexter will come in Conditioned ... Melvin on the other hand ...  :-\

DSM18

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 06:02:55 PM »
haha side chest almost even? Dexters side-chest is the best in bbing history. This guy is talking jibberish.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 06:04:44 PM »
bla bla bla  Typical crap talk that goes on all the time. ::)  For once I wish these guys would just shut up and not say a word and let their physiques do the talking for them.

that would be too much to ask for
Here comes the money shot

Bastygone

• Getbig II
  • my wang
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 06:05:36 PM »

haha side chest almost even? Dexters side-chest is the best in bbing history. This guy is talking jibberish.

jibba-jabba!  ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 06:12:33 PM »
Dexter is one of the most overrated guys out there.  Like Kamali, he gets at least two places up on his name alone.  But since unlike Kamali he's not getting a gift 8th when he was really 11th in a 3rd-tier show, no one really calls him on it.  Both Melvin and Toney Freeman are better than him now, and both Heath and Wolf will pass him up shortly.
Ron: "I am lazy."

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 06:13:59 PM »
i don't know i think hes right he could beat dexter
irongearco.com

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 06:14:45 PM »
If he can get absolutely ripped he can beat Dexter, but for whatever reason he seems to miss his peak come show day.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 06:22:10 PM »
his structure is far and away better than Dex

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 07:08:19 PM »
If he can get absolutely ripped he can beat Dexter, but for whatever reason he seems to miss his peak come show day.

Agreed, but that has yet to be seen. Personally I would lik to see Melvin come in ripped for once and see what he looks like in shredded condition.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »
IMO i think that dexters level of muscle shape, quality and condition is too much for melvin. Dexter is damn near flawless, and comes in ripped to the ass cheek. Melvin is a great bodybuilder and i am a fan of his look but, i personally think that dex is too much of a genetic beast for melvin to handle.. We'll have to see.... right Melvin?
-

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 07:50:30 PM »
melvin anthony needs to stop running his giant mouth. he can beat dexter once he learns how to diet the right way instead of eating bullshit leading up to a show and relying soley on his shape and whatever drug cocktail hes got fixed up.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 08:00:34 PM »
I don't think Melvin can catch up to Dexter's conditioning by Olympia time or if he can get that "grainy" look at all. Dexter like Ronnie naturally looks very dry at competition time but Melvin like Jay while in great shape has more of a less grainy type of conditioning. Pure genetics but Melvin definitely has the muscle now to possibly overcome Dexter....but not likely  ;)

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 08:04:34 PM »
Dexter is easily top three in the world.

jonsande

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 08:42:48 PM »
Dexter is what the modern Mr. Olympia would look like in an ideal world.  JMO. 

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 08:47:07 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh, NO! ::)

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 09:14:54 PM »
“I put myself in position to win every show, including the Mr. Olympia. This year, my focus is to take myself from fifth, where I was last year, to the top three, and the way to do that is to take out guys who beat me last year. Specifically, that means Dexter Jackson. This year, it will be more obvious that I should do that. Bodybuilding is about comparisons pose-to-pose, and my package will be better from top to bottom. If you have five poses that you’re winning out of the eight, you beat that guy, and I beat Dexter in a lot of shots. I beat him in the rear lat spread, front lat spread, rear double biceps, and we’re pretty even in the side chest, so I think I should push past him this time. I think the only way he beat me last year was because his glutes were a little more striated.

Melvin shows up with a smooth ass at every single contest, he shouldn't even be trying to compare himself to Dexter

Melvin must have been inhaling too many fumes while doing manicures, if he thinks he is going to place higher than Dex.  He's got a decent frame (weird abdomen) but has never really brought the conditioning.  Dex hits it 9/10 times.  Dex is a more complete BB, has structure, density for his size and conditioning.  Melvin is like Flex, relies to heavily on his structure, and doesn't seem to put the training and dieting in to nail the conditioning.  He would have to be 100% and Dex would have to be 80% for him to place higher than Dex.

He after getting beat out by DH, he really needs to take the fact that Conditioning is a huge part of the show.  People just telling you that you are genetically gifted won't win you any shows.

Dex looks damn good here.

\

M75

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 09:46:27 PM »
Melvin is a great BBer, but Dexter is on another level right now.

Melvin would have to push himself to the absolute limit to touch Dex.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 09:50:59 PM »
haha Melvin cant be serious. Put the weed away bro, it is doing something to you.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 09:55:41 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh, NO! ::)

Shawn, I usually agree with your viewpoints, but I think you are off base here

If both were in great condition (I know Melvin rarely hits top form), Melvin is a better bodybuilder. Why? Because his structure is far superior to that of Dex. Melvin has the best structure in the "game" since Flex