Author Topic: All the Treehugger I'm so sick of you all...  (Read 1993 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
All the Treehugger I'm so sick of you all...
« on: September 20, 2007, 10:50:42 AM »
Here is a little rant since I just had a conversation with a guy at work who turned absolute Demon on me as soon as I aired a different opinion he had.

Let me explain, the guy seemt to be actually pretty nice, he is looking like Jesus, super skinny super tall has all the (let's call them for arguments sake) tree hugger cloth on like Shirt out if Henf and such things.
I actually like to talk to people that seem to be not the norm, so I had a friendly chat with him and we started to talk about Global warming the World and Nature in general.
He got real passionate and romantic when he talked about the Eco warrior and how they "defend" mother nature ::)
When I air my opinion (and I'm a little sceptic about the whole Global warming issue) he freaked out on me, I said that there are already a lot of people who make good loot with the whole Global warm scare, and he freaked out: SO FUCKING WHAT!!!! and more, now keep in mind I'm a manager and this was embarrassing to say the least, so I just told him that I have to finish this discussion and moved on.

But it once again emphasised my believes of these so called Eco warriors, my parents for example, there was a time you I was not allowed to wear anything but Sandals ::) and half of the Christmas money went to Ronbin Wood these extreme Eco warriors ::).
Now today... they don't give a fuck.
And this is my whole issue with these Mother Earth warriors them in the first place , if they would sit down for a second and actually compare themself to the planet they would have to see how unfucking insignificant we humans are to this planet.
It's a self correcting system and it will muster a defence of that I am sure should we become an obvious problem, but no these pretencive sucker have to have an earth day ::) when will these guys learn that there is nothing wrong with the planet, we are fucked, society is fucked and we may go, the planet will go no where.

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: All the Treehugger I'm so sick of you all...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 11:00:09 AM »
I say, "kill him."

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:00:47 AM »
The planet will shake us off like a case of fleas

(paraphrasing George Carlin)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 11:08:38 AM »
The planet will shake us off like a case of fleas

(paraphrasing George Carlin)

hahah I was thinking of that when I wrote that, George is the best.

Save the beas save the trees save the wales save some snails :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:12:35 AM »
Shove him into a 2 liter Mountain Dew bottle.

It's people like him who don't help his cause.   He seems like a Eco-Nazi.   ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 11:16:12 AM »
Shove him into a 2 liter Mountain Dew bottle.

It's people like him who don't help his cause.   He seems like a Eco-Nazi.   ;D

Hey that is pretty spot on... Eco Nazi, the more I think about it the more I get pissed, maybe I call in an official hearing with HR and give him a verbal warning but our HR department is super pc and would never agree on that.
Anyways i have seen him walking past me already trying to make eye contact ;)...

Now this is the same guy who preached to me once before how fucking great Budism is, how it makes him relax and how the religion makes him love everybody... yeah right ::)
Again... pretencious eco Nazis.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 12:14:37 PM »
All these people are full of shit.
L

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 12:26:25 PM »
All these people are full of shit.

I could have saved all that time writing my little rant instead I should have done what you did... right to the point.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »
Hippies are still around? lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 11:13:25 AM »
Some tree huggers really suck.  They are trying to kill an inter-island super ferry.  >:( 

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070921/NEWS01/709210386

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 11:15:54 AM »
Some tree huggers really suck.  They are trying to kill an inter-island super ferry.  >:( 

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070921/NEWS01/709210386

I'm not sure if these qualify as treehugger, a treehugger has no job despise any form of authority and lives well close to nature.... the people you posted sound more like concerned citizens.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 11:31:05 AM »
I'm not sure if these qualify as treehugger, a treehugger has no job despise any form of authority and lives well close to nature.... the people you posted sound more like concerned citizens.

Concerned about what?  These are the same people who oppose any form of business development.  They oppose military training exercises, etc.   

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 05:37:53 PM »
Wow Stark,

Sounds like you work with a nutjob. I hate that kind of militancy in anybody.
Unfortunately, when you have people that are passionate about a cause, that passion consumes them.

The situation the planet is in truly is alarming though. And there is so much information that is kept away from the public. Big business, and big lobby groups have a vested interest in keeping the gravy train rolling at the expense of the planet. Yes, I agree with you that the planet will survive, ...and perhaps throw us off like flies... but is that what we want? Is that the kind of world we want our children and grandchildren to grow up in?

Tree-huggers have many valid points to make, ...however they are often lost in the delivery. If you can find a "tree-hugger" / "Eco-Warrior" / "Concerned Citizen" capable of articulately laying out the case, it would be well worth the listen, because I assure you, time is running out... FAST!
w

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 11:53:39 PM »

Tree-huggers have many valid points to make, ...however they are often lost in the delivery. If you can find a "tree-hugger" / "Eco-Warrior" / "Concerned Citizen" capable of articulately laying out the case, it would be well worth the listen, because I assure you, time is running out... FAST!

Here is the thing...since I pretty much grew up between people that always thought that a silent revolution due to talking and passive resistance is good and no war is justifiable I would be lying if i say I have not been influence by it, I have a tendency to like people like him since deep down I concider them "on the good side" if you know what I mean.
But there is an difference between them and radical treehuggers, they are obsessed about "Teh planet" and deep down in them are pretty shallow.
I also don't believe that the Planet is in trouble, he just goes through a change as has happend a lot of times before we were there, it annoyes me when people say they are concerned about the planet, they are concerned about themself their living space is under attack and they are concerned that in a view years they may not be able to life the way they are used to.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 06:11:25 AM »
If you ask me Stark is a closet eco-warrior just testing out the waters on getbig, seeing what everyones responses are before he "comes out".

Bet his missus uses tampons made from hay wrapped in dot leaves.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 06:24:03 AM »
If you ask me Stark is a closet eco-warrior just testing out the waters on getbig, seeing what everyones responses are before he "comes out".

Bet his missus uses tampons made from hay wrapped in dot leaves.

You are wearing a helmet right?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 06:26:42 AM »
You are wearing a helmet right?

haha I don't get it :D
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 06:28:17 AM »

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 06:31:58 AM »
lol, how tree huggerish of you to make fun of people with down syndrome!

I bet you tree hugger types believe it's the parents own fault for eating processed foods instead of the naturally collected leaves and berries you folks eat!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 06:37:07 AM »
lol, how tree huggerish of you to make fun of people with down syndrome!

I bet you tree hugger types believe it's the parents own fault for eating processed foods instead of the naturally collected leaves and berries you folks eat!

Nah I believe in this :D